PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu, 2nd annual boat-in

KoolPop
01-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Lake Havasu local, and all boaters that are in town today, we must show a presence on the channel. We must not let the city council and mayor forget that there are many local boaters. This worked great last year, and this time of year we can be overwhelmed by the snowbirds. So lets all get out there and let them know they must protect our rights as boaters.

SummitKarl
01-07-2007, 08:46 AM
NO CHIT, had not heard a thing
same as last year 11am ish?
sounds like a good reason to take the boat out:D

KoolPop
01-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Lake Havasu local, and all boaters that are in town today, we must show a presence on the channel. We must not let the city council and mayor forget that there are many local boaters. This worked great last year, and this time of year we can be overwhelmed by the snowbirds. So lets all get out there and let them know they must protect our rights as boaters.
I know it's late notice, I didn't find out until yesterday. But, It's today at noon on channel, please be there!!!

Not So Fast
01-07-2007, 09:34 AM
I know it's late notice, I didn't find out until yesterday. But, It's today at noon on channel, please be there!!!
I read in the local rag that the contract has already been awarded for the seawall island side with the 15' hook-ups to moor to for restricting the boat population???? NSF

KoolPop
01-07-2007, 09:59 AM
We just drove down to channel and it was very windy & cold! There were no boats there. I move for a re-schedule date, as it is very important!

Havasu1986
01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Here you go Kilrtoy. Not to much interest yesterday.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
I read in the local rag that the contract has already been awarded for the seawall island side with the 15' hook-ups to moor to for restricting the boat population???? NSF
I, along with others that I have spoken with recently and who regularly post here, really don't have any problem with the seawall and mooring spots every 15 feet.

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah, 840AM on the day of the sit in,
most people cant drop what they are doing and drive 300 plus miles on the drop of a dime.....Sorry:mad:

Keith E. Sayre
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
some of us were there yesterday at the appointed time!
There's even a photo on page one of the daily newspaper
here. only about 35 people and about 8 or 9 boats though.
Special thanks to Brian and his wife who went out of their
way to take us over to Windsor by car to get our trailers
and then helped us retrieve our boats at the marina since
the waves in the lake were about 6 feet tall. special thanks to the marina for only charging us $15 (and we're
all locals!) and special thanks to the tour boat guy who
decided not to go across the lake for the rest of the day
when alot of people waited for their ride to the landing, I
got to drive my customers around the lake in the car, and thanks to the newspaper guy for caring enough to attend and talk with the people that attended and for voicing their opinions in today s paper.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Not So Fast
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
I, along with others that I have spoken with recently and who regularly post here, really don't have any problem with the seawall and mooring spots every 15 feet.
Wouldnt bother me one bit, just relaying what I read FYI. NSF

Mrs.Killer
01-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I take it you don't know much about kilrtoy.....

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
You will when you cant find a spot to park