PDA

View Full Version : CROCK -POT recipes

lewiville
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
lets hear about em. I got a big mama crock pot for x-mas and need some famous recipes:D :D

centerhill condor
01-07-2007, 03:15 PM
lets hear about em. I got a big mama crock pot for x-mas and need some famous recipes:D :D
me too!

HocusPocus
01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
toss in some boneless skinless chicken breasts and some bbq sauce of your choice then let it cook.

acatitude
01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
I like a big rump roast with cut up potatoes onions and carrots. put a can of cream of mushroom soup in it along with seasoning and slow cook it about 8 hrs.. delic.

Tom Brown
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM
You can't beat a roast done in the crock pot.
I like to throw in a quarter cup of Bullseye BBQ sauce and a quarter cup water. Then I toss in enough potatoes and carrots to fill the pot.
Oh boy... :)

Jbb
01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Then I toss my potatoes and fill the pot.
Oh boy... :)
:jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Okay, I have THE BEST beef stroganoff recipe for crockpots.
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 package Lipton Beefy onion dry soup (you can use regular onion soup also since it has a beef base)
1+ pound of stew meat
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and forget for 6-8 hours. You can stir occassionally if you are home to do it, but it's not necessary.
Just before serving, cook up some medium egg noodles and when they are done, serve it up! Serves 4. You can triple or maybe even quadruple the recipe in the newer crockpots, if you wish.
It comes out with a strong beef flavor and not so much creamy like the sour cream recipes do.

AAA.Sanz
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I might try this one, to bad I already went to the market

Beer-30
01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
You can use any meat/seasonings that you would normally do your own deep pit or bbq with, but here is the super-easy method.
At Costco, pick the flavor of pre-marinated tri-tip that you like. I can't remember the name of them, but there are three different flavors.
Put the meat in the pot in the AM for dinner time, juice and all from the package. Our CP has 2,4,6, and 8 hour settings. We usually put it in around 8am with 8hr setting.
I usually flip it once, about half way through.
At the end of the cook cycle, the meat will fall apart in shreds, just like deep pit. We get tortillas and have tacos.

Daytona100
01-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Get some barbecue short-ribs and your favorite barbecue sauce throw it in the Crockpot and let it cook for about 8 hours. Smells great and tastes even better. Yum I'm getting hungry!!!!!!!:D

lewiville
01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
just what im looking for, and i knew i could count on you guys.
my Dad used to do one with ribs and beer....anyone know what im talking about?

Jetboatguru
01-07-2007, 06:57 PM
beer and polish sausage

MRSDRMCAT
01-07-2007, 06:58 PM
You can use any meat/seasonings that you would normally do your own deep pit or bbq with, but here is the super-easy method.
At Costco, pick the flavor of pre-marinated tri-tip that you like. I can't remember the name of them, but there are three different flavors.
Put the meat in the pot in the AM for dinner time, juice and all from the package. Our CP has 2,4,6, and 8 hour settings. We usually put it in around 8am with 8hr setting.
I usually flip it once, about half way through.
At the end of the cook cycle, the meat will fall apart in shreds, just like deep pit. We get tortillas and have tacos.
BIll Bailey's....Sante Fe is our favortie....we will try your recipe we usually cook on the bb'que

76elimspecial
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
1-2 BOTTLES Of Corona Taco Seasoning And A Big Pork Shoulder. 8 Hrs

lewiville
01-07-2007, 07:32 PM
1-2 BOTTLES Of Corona Taco Seasoning And A Big Pork Shoulder. 8 Hrs
i think im going to try this one tomorrow

Queenbee
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Chop half a white onion...toss it in
one can pinto beans
one can pinto beans with jalepenos
one small can jalepenos
one small can tomatoes with sweet onions
one large can diced tomatoes
brown some hamburger and season it with some garlic powder and seasoned salt......throw it all in the crockpot and cook for 8-10 hours (just depends on when you're gonna be home) serve hot over Fritos and top with shredded cheese. Makes enough for dinner and a few lunches.

al cole'holic
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
..a really nice tri-tip, seared on all sides first...couple of large onions sliced up, and about 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of KC Masterpiece bbq sauce...about 9am to 5pm should do! SICK sandwiches on rolls with some provolone right there :D

BajaMike
01-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Buy a chuck roast (they are not very expensive). Brown it in cooking oil in a big frying pan for a few minutes on each side to seal in the juices. Put it in the crock pot.
Cut up big pieces of celery, carrots, onions, and few quartered potatoes and add them. Dump in a can of diced tomatoes and 1 package of Lipton dry onion soup mix. Add enough water to cover everything and salt and pepper to taste.
Start it cooking in the morning and by that evening, it will be perfect, the stringy beef just falls off, and the juice is great to put over the potatoes. It works perfect every time!
:idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-07-2007, 08:24 PM
BIll Bailey's....Sante Fe is our favortie....we will try your recipe we usually cook on the bb'que
We just had that tonight. But the Santa Maria.

acatitude
01-07-2007, 08:29 PM
damn im gettin hungry lol:D

phebus
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Pork shoulder,
Two big cans of green enchilada sauce
Add enough water to cover pork
Cook about 4-5 hours
You will have great pork, that just falls apart.
We used to do yhis at the firestation for burrito filling, and none was ever left over.

MRSDRMCAT
01-07-2007, 10:14 PM
We just had that tonight. But the Santa Maria.
opps..that is what I meant...the Sante Marie!! Good stuff!

C-2
01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
2 baby kittens or 1 small snow seal.
Throw in some beer, salt/pepper, a shot or two of tobasco and 8 hours later you're good to go. Sometimes having a hammer close by is also useful.
:)

MRSDRMCAT
01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
2 baby kittens or 1 small snow seal.
Throw in some beer, salt/pepper, a shot or two of tobasco and 8 hours later you're good to go. Sometimes having a hammer close by is also useful.
:)
UMMMM...YUMMMY......PETA would be all over this!!!

buzzaro
01-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Cuban Pork with Pico de Gallo
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup grapefruit juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
Marinate a pork shoulder in that overnight and then cook it for around 5-6 hours in the crock pot, you can put some onion in there with it if you like. We have it on tortillas with some pico de gallo. Delicious and leaves left overs for a couple more meals as well.

Miss Perfect
01-07-2007, 11:43 PM
toss in some boneless skinless chicken breasts and some bbq sauce of your choice then let it cook.
I had that tonight...good stuff!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
2 Cans Black Beans, drained
4 Cans Chicken Broth
3 Cans Rotel Diced Tomatos
1 can Ortega diced Green chiles
a bunch of Cumin
cook on low for 8 hrs. Right before it's done take the chicken out, dice it then throw it back in. Crunch up some tortilla chips over each bowl of soup and add a little avocado....yum

a catered life
01-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Okay, I have THE BEST beef stroganoff recipe for crockpots.
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat)
1 can cream of celery soup
1 package Lipton Beefy onion dry soup (you can use regular onion soup also since it has a beef base)
1+ pound of stew meat
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and forget for 6-8 hours. You can stir occassionally if you are home to do it, but it's not necessary.
Just before serving, cook up some medium egg noodles and when they are done, serve it up! Serves 4. You can triple or maybe even quadruple the recipe in the newer crockpots, if you wish.
It comes out with a strong beef flavor and not so much creamy like the sour cream recipes do.
yes i give this one my vote:D

a catered life
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Pork shoulder,
Cook about 4-5 hours
We used to do yhis at the firestation for burrito filling, and none was ever left over.
that was the base for my pork chili i made last year....came out great:D

JB in so cal
01-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Pork shoulder,
Cook about 4-5 hours
I bet SOP was a roll of TP in the freezer, too:jawdrop:

All-Star
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Mix together in a blender
1 can of whole tomatos (14.5oz)
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
Heat on stove to a boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
While you are doing this brown ground beef (Or turkey)
Then in the bottom of the croc pot place 3 tortilla
then layer 1/3 of the hamburger meat
then layer over that the tomato mixture
and then a layer of the cheese.
Repeat this process until all ingredients are gone.
Cover and cook it for about 6-8 hurs... but basiclly on low so that you do not ruin the lowest layer.
Enjoy.

Devil's Advocate
01-08-2007, 09:59 AM
These sound great...I need to take out my crock.:)

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Combine all of these ingredients
1/2-3/4 cup of brown sugar (I prefer more brown sugar)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon already prepared horseradish
You are going to pour just enough of the coke into the mixture to make a paste (Save the rest of the coke)
Rub this mixture/paste over the entire ham (3-4 pound pre-cooked type of ham)
Then put the ham in the croc-pot and pour the remaining coke down the side of the croc-pot so you do not wash the paste off of the top of the ham.
Cover and cook the ham on low for 6-7 hours.
Depending on how you slice it, you can have about 9-11 servings
May sound a bit funky but it actually turns out pretty well considering how easy it is.

Summer LuvN
01-08-2007, 10:04 AM
1 bag of frozen hashbrowns, 1 chopped green bell pepper, 1 can campbell nacho cheese soup, diced ham, green onions....yum!!!!

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Another thing I used to do when I was working longer hours (And not from home)
Was I would take a roast of any sort.... What ever was on sale or something like that. Throw it in the cock-pot on low and throw a large jar of salsa over it with a 1/2 cup of water.
Real simple...
Then when I would come home I would use the meat to make a ton of things. The first night I would make like an Italian dish with Zuccinni and squash. Or make enchiladas. But the left over meat I would roll taquitos and then throw then in the freezer for another night. Or I would put the meat in the fridge use the for burritos. :idea:

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Should take to 10 minutes to prepare...Max
3-4 LB fryer type of Chicken (Whole)
Rinse / clean chicken as usual.. and pat dry.
Put 1/4 cup chopped onion in the cavity of the chicken
Rub the chicken with butter and you can inject it if you want to.
Put the chicken the the corck-pot and squeeze the juice of one whole lemon over the chicken and then sprinkle these herbs over it.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of parsley (fresh) or if it is flakes then use a bit less.
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Cover and cook 8-10 hours

riverjunkie
01-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for starting this thread!!! I have a couple of crocks and dont use them as much as I should, and due to that we eat out quite a bit seeing as we get home from work and commute so late. I got one of the big momma crocks last year and have used it once, now watch out with these recipes man, I'm ready. Thanks guys!!!:) :)

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:31 AM
2 12 oz packages of Halibut (Frozen)
Put the fish in the crock-pot
In a sauce pan melt 1/4 cup of butter. (While adding other ingredients you need to keep stirring constantly)Then stir in 2 tablesppons of flower, 1 tablesppon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. When you are done mixing that then add 1/3 cup of dry white wine (Dont forget to take a few sips of the wine while to are cooking too) and then pour in 2/3 cup of milk. Rember to keep stirring. Bring this sauce to a boil for 1 minute while stirring. Then pour this over the fish that is in the crock-pot, cover it and cook it for 2 1/2-3 hours on high setting.

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Dissolve 2 Chicken bouillon cubes in 1 cup of boiling water. Then add the following ingredients. 1 can of (16 oz) Flaked Salmon drained, 2 cups of seasoned stuffing croutons, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard and 2 beaten eggs.
Pour all combines ingredients into a WELL GREASED crock-pot. Cover and cook on High for 2-4 hours.
I usually will use this as a side dish for a seasood meal.

All-Star
01-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Cut 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken into small pieces and put into crock-pot. Pour 2 (9oz) jars of sweet and sour sauce over the chicken. And 1 package of frozen oriental veggies. Mix together.
Cover and cook on low for 5-5 1/2 hours or low setting for 2 1/2-2 3/4 hours.
Serve over rice and you can sprinkle almonds over it. Enjoy

acatitude
01-08-2007, 11:00 AM
damn all star wanta get married lol:D

buzzaro
01-08-2007, 11:03 AM
LOL I was thinking she either found her true calling in crock-pot cooking or allrecipes.com:D

All-Star
01-08-2007, 11:19 AM
NO... I have always tried to be super woman... super mom.
Work hard, make money, look good, be good, cook good and raise good kids... oh and keep a clean house! you know all the pain in the arse stuff.
My grandmother was an awesome cook and has kept my grandfather heathly and he is still kicking and he is 93.
You know the saying... a way to a man is through his stomach. Well I think that you have to look good to get his attention... first and then keep his attention in other ways. (If you know what I mean)
I hate cooking the same old thing all of the time... Which I did for many years when I was first married. The commute did not allow for creativity. SO I kept to the basics... but that got boring.
So I tried everything... in the crock pot to cut down on time. ha ha
But I have been making my own little cook book of things that my son really likes so that when he gets married I can give it to his bride (So she will know how to cook for my baby boy in any situation) Even if she is too busy.
I use the crock-pot once a week. I do not need to use it that much any more because I am working from home now. But I had to use it alot in the past because my husband would not allow me to use a microwave. He felt I would get to comfortable with it. So After 15 years of marriage I just got my first B1TCH3N Microwave with Convection feature.
So woo-hoo.
Come on over and I will cook for you ... ha ha we can make a party of it.

All-Star
01-08-2007, 11:20 AM
LOL I was thinking she either found her true calling in crock-pot cooking or allrecipes.com:D
No I just kept taking the advice of good ole Grandma!! RIP 5/18/06

All-Star
01-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I think that might be illegal in California... but I will check into it!! :D

Daytona100
01-08-2007, 11:42 AM
1 bag of frozen hashbrowns, 1 chopped green bell pepper, 1 can campbell nacho cheese soup, diced ham, green onions....yum!!!!
Gonna have to try that one out.:D

DILLIGAF
02-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Need some more secret recipes :). Going to try a few this weekend....

lewiville
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Need some more secret recipes :). Going to try a few this weekend....
Ditto, maybe some more with "BEER" ( in Homer Simpsons voice ):D

desertbird
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
6-8 small cans Herdez Salsa Verde
1 Pork shoulder
Onion, sliced (qty as desired)
Carrots, sliced (qty as desired)
Optional: Celery, addition Jalepeno, Serrano or Anaheim chiles.
Combine all and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Easiest recipe in the world, some of the best pork you'll have ever tasted!
For more "crisp" veggies, put them in at a halfway point instead.
Serve over rice.

Mrs. casean
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Cut 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken into small pieces and put into crock-pot. Pour 2 (9oz) jars of sweet and sour sauce over the chicken. And 1 package of frozen oriental veggies. Mix together.
Cover and cook on low for 5-5 1/2 hours or low setting for 2 1/2-2 3/4 hours.
Serve over rice and you can sprinkle almonds over it. Enjoy
I have ALL This! I will have to try it! Sounds EASY and good! Thanks for sharing!

Hallett19
03-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Ironically, I was googling CP recipies yesterday and now I run into this thread.
I found one I like, cut up a whole chicken, throw it in the crock pot with a large can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, a cup of white wine and fire it up. Serve it over some white rice and that is a pretty good meal. I am doing one of the bbq recipies right now!!
ps-this does not make us gay

DILLIGAF
03-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Cooking up a pork roast, seared with roasted garlic virgin oil, lots of red potatoes, carrots and pork gravy. Should be done in about 4 hours :)

YeLLowBoaT
03-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I put a pot roast in before I went to work last night... its done now...
all you need is a chuck roast( or simlar cut)
patatoes
carrots
oninon
celery
garlic( I make slits and stuff it in the meat)
salt
pepper
any herbs you like.
Throw it all in set it to high til it gets hot, then turn ito to low. 12 hours latter you have a a great meal. Every thing is litterly falling of the bone. My fav way to eat it is to take some sour dow bread. toast it lightly and make a pot roast sandwidch.... so good.

DILLIGAF
04-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Hey Angie.....got others? I am going to try the stroganoff one today if I can get my ass to the store :)

Mrs. 20
04-20-2007, 06:48 AM
One Bottle any teriyaki marinade
One can pineapple crushed
6 boneless skinless chicken breast
Put it all in and cook till you can shred it 4-5 hours
Meanwhile, I use my rice steamer to make white rice.
Serve over rice.:)

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:49 AM
we need to have a "Crock Pot Off"
did I just make any sense?

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Today is a great day for a warm crock pot dish :) ...have you see the weather outside?? :yuk:

DILLIGAF
04-20-2007, 07:18 AM
we need to have a "Crock Pot Off"
did I just make any sense?
Sadly, I understood exactly what you are saying....lol

DILLIGAF
04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Today is a great day for a warm crock pot dish :) ...have you see the weather outside?? :yuk:
I was just outside talking to a neighbor and I am wearing shorts and a tee-shirt. It started sprinkling a bit and I expect rain to fall over the next day or so. Not much but some. I am in BH right now.

shaffewm
04-20-2007, 07:25 AM
1 frozen tri-tip (2 if your crock pot is big enough or you have a large group)
1 jar pepperchini, juice and all
pepper to taste
In the morning before you go out boating put the frozen tri-tip in the pot, pour over jar of pepperchini and put a little pepper on top. Put on the lowest setting, go out boating and come back in the afternoon and chow down:)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I was just outside talking to a neighbor and I am wearing shorts and a tee-shirt. It started sprinkling a bit and I expect rain to fall over the next day or so. Not much but some. I am in BH right now.
Good thing cuz your Corona House is soaked!

DILLIGAF
04-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Good thing cuz your Corona House is soaked!
I should have turned the sprinklers off before leaving :(. Oh well......the rain is much needed.

barbigrl
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I just bought a cool Crock-Pot recipe book! I like making italian spaghetti sauce in it
Dont have the recipe on me though