PDA

View Full Version : Restoration from skin out

cucci
01-07-2007, 06:22 PM
This boat was brought to us by a Danny Ryan new to the GN class. We cut the deck off tore out all wood and floors to skin out. Built a jig to hold bottom straight and rebuilt to new condition. A bigger job than building a new one.

Tom Brown
01-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Wow. Lotsa work to replace all that balsa coring.
Kudos. :cool:

Jetboatguru
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21484&d=1168222685
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21485&d=1168222933

cucci
01-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Ryans GN

vee-driven
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM
i told him not to buy it, lol.

cucci
01-09-2007, 05:17 AM
i told him not to buy it, lol.
your right it was actually ready for the dump. However now he can go racing!

Moneypitt
01-09-2007, 06:27 AM
your right it was actually ready for the dump. However now he can go racing!
Way to go Joey!! The things people do when they love their job, and their SPORT.............MP

Schiada Time
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Is it a Rayson Craft? I had a buddy who just sold an all white Rayson a few months back complete with Blower motor and all. The boat needed to be put together and he said theu guy who bought it was going to go GN racing. Curious if it is the same boat?

cucci
01-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Is it a Rayson Craft? I had a buddy who just sold an all white Rayson a few months back complete with Blower motor and all. The boat needed to be put together and he said theu guy who bought it was going to go GN racing. Curious if it is the same boat?
sounds like it! Danny Ryan bought it with some other stuff i beleive a motor.

Schiada Time
01-11-2007, 09:23 AM
My buddys name is Chris York and he lives in Lomia, CA. He use to work at Schiada years ago and owned a 19 Schiada V-drive before this boat that he completely restored. Unfortunately a keyway broked on the rudder on the Schiada at his folks river house in Needles and the Schiada went straight into a reatining wall and went down. Chris was fine but the boat was destroyed. He pulled the motor, running gear and hardware to build the Rayson and eventually lost interest.

vee-driven
01-12-2007, 04:54 PM
it was chris's boat, i didn't think it needed that much work though, why was the reasoning for cutting it up and i know most everyone likes nice stuff, and to be competitive you gotta trade some paint, so why spend all the dough on the boat if it is only cosmetic, is it. And one of our mutual friends said did anybody tell danny gn racing don't pay that much IF you win anyways.

cucci
01-12-2007, 06:41 PM
it was chris's boat, i didn't think it needed that much work though, why was the reasoning for cutting it up and i know most everyone likes nice stuff, and to be competitive you gotta trade some paint, so why spend all the dough on the boat if it is only cosmetic, is it. And one of our mutual friends said did anybody tell danny gn racing don't pay that much IF you win anyways.
Your answer is SAFETY he did not have it done for cosmetics.

raceprep
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not trying to build a trailer queen. This boat was seriously messed up. The floor was delaminated is many spots and it was a shitty original glass job to begin with. They let it sit with water in it and rotted out the balsa wood. And no shit boat racing doesn't pay money. Does anything that has to do with boating make good money sense? Im doing it because it is a challenge and I like it. If it makes you feel better all the parts that I sold including the blower motor paid for the boat and trailer. All I have in it is the money with Joey Cucci. He has been really reasonable and helpful with the project.Oh yah Chris knew about the boat being messed up as I found out later through a friend. Him and Lightfoot both knew that is why they sold it.