PDA

View Full Version : BCS - Florida vs Ohio State.

Boatcop
01-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I just have one question...........
If Florida State had invented "Gatorade" instead of U of Florida would we all be drinking...
Seminole Fluid? :idea:

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
1 play one score
DAMN FLORDIA is gonna get their butts whooped

Boatcop
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
1 play one score
Don't be so sure.
1st Possession by Florida.......
7-7 tie.

BadKachina
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Wow, 7 to 7 already. This is going to be good.

photo chick
01-08-2007, 05:44 PM
1 play one score
You spoke too soon!!!!

photo chick
01-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I just have one question...........
If Florida State had invented "Gatorade" instead of U of Florida would we all be drinking...
Seminole Fluid? :idea:
And if it was Ohio who invented it it would be Buckeye drops or Buckjuice!!!

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
You spoke too soon!!!!
I stand by what I said

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Don't be so sure.
1st Possession by Florida.......
7-7 tie.
Exactly one play, 1 drive

photo chick
01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
I stand by what I said
I agree with you!!!:D

slink
01-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I think OSU left their defense at home. Two way easy scores.

Boatcop
01-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I think OSU left their defense at home. Two way easy scores.
Make that three.

JetBoatRich
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
WOW, I have been working and missed teh action so far:rolleyes: looks like Florida came to play:D

acatitude
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
USC would have beat them both:D

THOR
I stand by what I said
Way too much speed in the SEC. Poor OSU

BadKachina
Make that three.
Ouch....:eek:

THOR
01-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Funny you mention that. Not an SC fan anywhere now that they are mediocre again. Wierd how that is. :D

acatitude
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
osu and michagan are perenial bowl game losers

BadKachina
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
So what happens if Florida wins, Boise gets a perfect season with a huge BCS win and no championship.:idea: Boise being undefeated deserved a shot before USC, Boise handed Oregon St. a 42 to 14 beat down, something USC wasn't able to do this year.

slink
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
So what happens if Florida wins, Boise gets a perfect season with a huge BCS win and no championship.:idea: Boise being undefeated deserved a shot before USC, Boise handed Oregon St. a 42 to 14 beat down, something USC wasn't able to do this year.
This game could have been played last week (Jan 01), then LSU could have played Boise and SC could have played the winner of this game, this week and next week the two winners meet for a true #1. Or better yet, start the first round of the playoffs a week early and you could still incorporate all the bowls on New Years day as part of the playoffs. It seems pretty easy to figure out and I guarantee there is HUGE money in it for everyone.

BadKachina
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
HUGE play on 4th down by Florida.:jawdrop:

slink
01-08-2007, 07:09 PM
It's about to get ugly

mbrown2
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
This game could have been played last week (Jan 01), then LSU could have played Boise and SC could have played the winner of this game, this week and next week the two winners meet for a true #1. Or better yet, start the first round of the playoffs a week early and you could still incorporate all the bowls on New Years day as part of the playoffs. It seems pretty easy to figure out and I guarantee there is HUGE money in it for everyone.
Ditto...if only the NCCA and BCS would listen....guess the Big Ten was overrated...
Kilr...you still standing by what you said?:)

Cas
01-08-2007, 07:11 PM
real fugly

mbrown2
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Funny you mention that. Not an SC fan anywhere now that they are mediocre again. Wierd how that is. :D
They should have been playing today instead of the overrated Big Ten School.......cross town rivals have way of bringing you down to earth sometimes...

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
If only that pesky little bruin didnt stand in their way

Phat Matt
01-08-2007, 07:15 PM
This game sucks without the hook and ladder and the statue of liberty plays. :D

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Ditto...if only the NCCA and BCS would listen....guess the Big Ten was overrated...
Kilr...you still standing by what you said?:)
I still stand by what I said, But it really hurts about right now

slink
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
This game sucks without the hook and ladder and the statue of liberty plays. :D
I hope they keep showing that Hottie OSU fan :D

Phat Matt
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
They should throw in a USC cheerleader ass for good measure. :D

THOR
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Yep, and everyone would have paid big money to watch. Win-win situation. Playoff is the way and the only way to go.

slink
01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Yep, and everyone would have paid big money to watch. Win-win situation. Playoff is the way and the only way to go.
I can only think that the powers to be like all of the contraversy that surrounds the BCS and it's always in the news.

acatitude
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
osu has lost 8 straight bowl games to sec schools and michigan has lost about 8 or 9 out of there last 10 bowl games. way over rated conference

mbrown2
01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
But it really hurts about right now
LOL...way to hang in there :)

BajaMike
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Go Florida......now we need a Florida....Boise State game.:idea:
This BCS system just sucks.....the only undefeated team in nation is not #1?
:confused:

BajaMike
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Dorky "Coach Sweater Vest" looks a little confused....:confused:
:D :) :D :)

THOR
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I see some fans waving goodbye at OSU fans and that is pure classless BS. Dont do that crap. Uncalled for.
Ohhhh,
USC and Florida would hammer Boise State just in case you guys were wondering.

BadKachina
01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Ohhhh,
Probably, but we should get to see it first hand, instead of the endless debate that the new system was supposed to relieve us of. :(

Wet Dream
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Florida is whoopin up on OSU. I figured the score would have been the other way around.

JetBoatRich
01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I see some fans waving goodbye at OSU fans and that is pure classless BS. Dont do that crap. Uncalled for.
They probably were going back and forth at each other early in the game:rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Florida is whoopin up on OSU. I figured the score would have been the other way around.
didn't a lot of experts feel the same way:idea:

BajaMike
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Florida really kicked some Ohio ass tonight.....:D
Upsets are fun....bring on Boise State next.....:idea:

Wet Dream
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
didn't a lot of experts feel the same way:idea:
Definately. Some will blame it on too much time off, or whatever, but Florida played a hell of a game and never backed down.

al cole'holic
01-08-2007, 09:10 PM
...once again the SICK parlay paid well $:D $

unleashed
01-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Big Ten.....Overrated!:sleeping:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com):devil:

riverracerXXX
01-08-2007, 09:43 PM
USC shellacs Michigan who seriosly almost beat OSU. And OSU gets their a$$ handed to them by the Gators. Now USC would've played OSU for the championship if they hadnt lost that crazy game to UCLA! Hmmmmmmmm..... Makes you wonder.

riverracerXXX
01-08-2007, 09:45 PM
:D Yeah, she was a little cutie. Even if she was about to cry.

bignet
01-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Ohhhh,
USC and Florida would hammer Boise State just in case you guys were wondering.[/QUOTE]
Without a doubt....Boise would've got rolled the f*ck up by USC! :idea:
Here's a BCS final standings prediction
1. Florida (duh)
2. Ohio State
3. USC
4. Who cares...
:devil:
bignet

Bow Tie Omega
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Like I said two months ago, the Big 10 average team ranking was 55th. To put it nicely the conference as a whole was very mediocre. Michigan and Ohio State were never really tested, with Ohio State only playing a 20th ranked Texas. The SEC and PAC 10 were far superior to the Big 10 this season. SC smacked Michigan in the nose and Florida walloped on Ohio State. I never fully understood why Ohio State was ranked #1 and Michigan #2. They were both good teams. Good teams playing bad teams for most of their season. Put either of them in the PAC 10 or SEC and lets see where they are, not undefeated, that is for sure. Congrats to Florida and SC for winning and showing the nation just how flawed the BCS system, the same system that had Ohio State ranked #1 and Michigan #3, truly is. Please institute a playoff so we do not have these wrongs done any more. Can you imagine a playoff of the BCS Winners...
1. Florida
2. Boise State
3. Southern Cal
4. LSU
These are the 4 best teams in the country, not in this order, or maybe.

bignet
01-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Like I said two months ago, the Big 10 average team ranking was 55th. To put it nicely the conference as a whole was very mediocre. Michigan and Ohio State were never really tested, with Ohio State only playing a 20th ranked Texas. The SEC and PAC 10 were far superior to the Big 10 this season. SC smacked Michigan in the nose and Florida walloped on Ohio State. I never fully understood why Ohio State was ranked #1 and Michigan #2. They were both good teams. Good teams playing bad teams for most of their season. Put either of them in the PAC 10 or SEC and lets see where they are, not undefeated, that is for sure. Congrats to Florida and SC for winning and showing the nation just how flawed the BCS system, the same system that had Ohio State ranked #1 and Michigan #3, truly is. Please institute a playoff so we do not have these wrongs done any more. Can you imagine a playoff of the BCS Winners...
1. Florida
2. Boise State
3. Southern Cal
4. LSU
These are the 4 best teams in the country, not in this order, or maybe.
I totally agree...and I also believe there should be a playoff shootout. I don't know if I'd put Boise State that high, but it's all semantics at this point. Let the teams decide who is the top dog! Not a f*ckin computer. :mad:
bignet
FIGHT ON!

Bow Tie Omega
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but at this point Boise State has to be in the mix, anywhere in the top 4. Honestly though, Boise States Regular Season schedule is awfully similar to Ohio State and Michigan and Boise State is still undefeated.

bignet
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, but at this point Boise State has to be in the mix, anywhere in the top 4. Honestly though, Boise States Regular Season schedule is awfully similar to Ohio State and Michigan and Boise State is still undefeated.
True BTO, and I'm a big fan of Boise State too. Although I bleed cardinal and gold, I love watching teams that are gritty and play balls out like they do. And, I love the fact that the BCS did not know what to do with them, since they didn't come from a big conference. I love that they are the reason why the BCS has failed college football fans throughout the nation. Clearly, the #1 team and other ranked teams did not play in "Big bowl games".
bignet
FIGHT ON!

Bow Tie Omega
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
True BTO, and I'm a big fan of Boise State too. Although I bleed cardinal and gold, I love watching teams that are gritty and play balls out like they do. And, I love the fact that the BCS did not know what to do with them, since they didn't come from a big conference. I love that they are the reason why the BCS has failed college football fans throughout the nation. Clearly, the #1 team and other ranked teams did not play in "Big bowl games".
bignet
FIGHT ON!
Yeah, Trojans all the way!!!

Kilrtoy
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Ohhhh,
Without a doubt....Boise would've got rolled the f*ck up by USC! :idea:
bignet
YEAH, JUST LIKE THEY DID TO UCLA THIS YEAR

Riomouse911
01-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Looking at the USC/Michigan Rose Bowl, USC made adjustments after the second half began, and ran Michigan out of town. OSU started off with a bang, but the Florida defense strangled them the whole game and held them to what, under 90 yards? Notre Dame looked like a sandlot team against the LSU defense, and did nada their, too. The USC/LSU/Florida defenses won their games for their teams, and IMO any of those three would have handled Boise State (which showed it had no defense) as easily as they handled Notre Dame, OSU or Michigan respectively.
The NCAA needs a single elimination playoff bracket like NCAA basketball or baseball has, it'll end the speculation and let the real winners meet for all the marbles.

riverracerXXX
01-09-2007, 12:24 AM
In all fairness, this is one of the most severe crosstown rivalries there is. These two teams LIVE to do that to eachother! If one team is ranked and the other isnt, that team will do everything it can to knock them off. They've both done it to eachother many times. UCLA came out SO UNBELIEVABLY AMPED they overwhelmed USC. But that was just one game. If they had played like that all season long they would've been ranked.... and probably ranked pretty good.

vdriver4ever
01-09-2007, 03:16 AM
I was lucky enough to make it to the game in Glendale. What an experience for me, our team and fans. No one in Boise is crying unfair that we didn't get a shot at the big game. We have come so far in the last ten years. I do love the fact that it messes with the BCS formula though.
Last nights game and our game is what happens when you doubt good teams. They play with more heart and energy.

djunkie
01-09-2007, 03:46 AM
Sorry, some of us had to work tonight. I forgot, didn't USC win the Rose Bowl?
Hey, we can't win a National Championship every year right? :D :D

djunkie
01-09-2007, 03:54 AM
I have to agree somewhat with you Kilr. UCLA played their A+++++ game and SC flunked out bad. If SC played half as well as they did against Michigan then UCLA would have had their asses handed to them. Do I think SC should have been playing for the title after that loss? NO I don't. But you have to give them credit for snapping back and showing what kind of team they are.

Boatcop
01-09-2007, 05:40 AM
BCS Rankings are out:
1. Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. USC
5. Boise State

The Jerk
01-09-2007, 05:49 AM
wow. very impressive gators win. leak sure shined.....

Bow Tie Omega
01-09-2007, 07:24 AM
The difference between SC and the Big 10 powers is maturity and greatness. USC is a great team but very young, very immature. Ohio State and Michigan are very mature teams but not great. They are good teams and in my opinion but had no business being ranked how they were. They belonged somewhere with Boise State because of their weak conference and schedule, distant history over inflated their rankings, that should not be a factor in rankings. SC lost because of maturity, they did not take Oregon State and UCLA as seriously as they should have. Ohio State and Michigan just did not have the talent to beat the superior teams in the Pac 10 and SEC. By the way, SC's loss differential for both losses was less then a touch down combined. Ohio State and Michigan in their single losses, two touchdowns plus for each.

THOR
01-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Sorry, some of us had to work tonight. I forgot, didn't USC win the Rose Bowl?
Hey, we can't win a National Championship every year right? :D :D
Nope, one in the last 5 years still pains me. :D

donzi5150
01-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I have always said that the SEC is the toughest conference hands down! The SEC has more quality teams throughout the whole conference than all other conferences. When you play Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Arkansas and LSU every season it is bound to make it tough to rise to the top. Most other conferences have two or three premier teams.
SEC: Two National Champions in the Last 4.
Two Teams in the Top 3, Florida and LSU.
5 teams in the AP top 25
Now that Nick Saben is back in the SEC with Alabama, I will predict now 4 teams in top 10 all next year!:)

lawbreaker2
01-09-2007, 08:35 AM
I want to see a re-match, It was to hot out for our team there in AZ, come over here and play in the snow, But just you wait till next year, or the year after that, or may the following year, Who know I'm still waiting for the brown to go to the superbowl.:rolleyes:

Dawn Patrol
01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
BCS Rankings are out:
1. Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. USC
5. Boise State
That sucks, it should be
1. Florida
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Boise State
5. Ohio State
Look at the schedules. Ohio States schedule was weak. They only had 2 big games all season.

Cas
01-09-2007, 09:38 AM
BCS Rankings are out:
1. Florida
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. USC
5. Boise State
where's UCLA?

DaddyMack
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
BCS is such a joke. How do they stand up in front of everyone handing over the trophy with such a straight face?
It does not properly take into account schedule strength. Ohio State should not be in the top 3 and should be ashamed. They do not deserve it. Barely beating Michigan, who USC whooped up on. USC should be in front of Ohio. and LSU. Michigan is really the only tuff team Ohio State had. The Heisman Trophy winner couldn't do crap against good team. Maybe USC could set up their schedule like Ohio State did...
Florida played well and beat the crap out of Ohio State, clearly the better team. If you look at their schedule, Ohio State should have been the underdog.
Boise did well, only undefeated team and had the most exciting game of the season beating OU. The rankings are a joke.
The only good thing is that next year USC will be in the top 5 AGAIN... where will Ohio State be?

THOR
01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
BCS is such a joke. How do they stand up in front of everyone handing over the trophy with such a straight face?
It does not properly take into account schedule strength. Ohio State should not be in the top 3 and should be ashamed. They do not deserve it. Barely beating Michigan, who USC whooped up on. USC should be in front of Ohio. and LSU. Michigan is really the only tuff team Ohio State had. The Heisman Trophy winner couldn't do crap against good team. Maybe USC could set up their schedule like Ohio State did...
Florida played well and beat the crap out of Ohio State, clearly the better team. If you look at their schedule, Ohio State should have been the underdog.
Boise did well, only undefeated team and had the most exciting game of the season beating OU. The rankings are a joke.
The only good thing is that next year USC will be in the top 5 AGAIN... where will Ohio State be?
Go play in the SEC an we'll see how you do.

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
That sucks, it should be
1. Florida
2. LSU
3. USC
4. Boise State
5. Ohio State
Look at the schedules. Ohio States schedule was weak. They only had 2 big games all season.
You are all forgetting Auburn.

DaddyMack
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Me? I didn't go to any of these schools. I am a Nevada Alum. We did pretty good this year...
I am a USC fan (my dad is an Alum), but I like Florida too. Just think that Ohio State didn't desrve it looking at all the factors. Hmmm Nevada in the SEC I wonder how they would do? lol...

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Auburn beat Florida and LSU.
They would have been a factor if they were in a playoff.
But they would have most likely knocked LSU out of making a playoff, if it was run like the other divisions of College football.

donzi5150
01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
If any of you saw the Corso and Herbstreet BCS vs Playoff special. They ran down on College Gameday what the experts perdicted if the playoff system was in place this year and they had LSU playing Michigan in the Championship game......I just don't remember who they theorized as winning.:idea: I still would go with the Tigers!

Bow Tie Omega
01-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Go play in the SEC an we'll see how you do.
Alot better then Ohio state. USC smoked Arkansas earlier in the season, if I recall, Florida barely beat Arkansas for the championship. BIG 10 sucks this year,they were equals with the WAC in my opinion. I know it hurts to hear that, but the numbers do not lie. They have all been there before, PAC 10, SEC, Big East, it is the Big 10's turn right now. Ohio State and Michigan were riding on the coat tails of the great teams of the past as far as their rankings are concerned. The average ranking of a team in the Big 10 this year was 55th. When the two "powerhouses" of the Big 10 had to play real teams, like the FLorida's and the USC's, the got smakced in the mouth. They and Notre Dame really did not belong this year, plain and simple. Better luck next year

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
i highly doubt it but we will never know

THOR
01-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Auburn beat Florida and LSU.
They would have been a factor if they were in a playoff.
But they would have most likely knocked LSU out of making a playoff, if it was run like the other divisions of College football.
I am an Auburn grad, but we would have gotten throttled by LSU and Florida had we played them again.

THOR
01-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Alot better then Ohio state. USC smoked Arkansas earlier in the season, if I recall, Florida barely beat Arkansas for the championship. BIG 10 sucks this year,they were equals with the WAC in my opinion. I know it hurts to hear that, but the numbers do not lie. They have all been there before, PAC 10, SEC, Big East, it is the Big 10's turn right now. Ohio State and Michigan were riding on the coat tails of the great teams of the past as far as their rankings are concerned. The average ranking of a team in the Big 10 this year was 55th. When the two "powerhouses" of the Big 10 had to play real teams, like the FLorida's and the USC's, the got smakced in the mouth. They and Notre Dame really did not belong this year, plain and simple. Better luck next year
Again, learn your facts and a little about football. Ark. was without their tailback and wide receiver for the first few games. Then, they began their run.
The numbers dont lie, the SEC is the fastest and most athletic.

donzi5150
01-10-2007, 11:04 AM
The SEC also had the most bowl appearences this year with nine, the next closest conference had 5!:)

eliminatedsprinter
01-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I am an Auburn grad, but we would have gotten throttled by LSU and Florida had we played them again.
That is not my point. Because Auburn beat LSU, LSU wound up in 3rd place in the SEC east and, at best, 4th in the SEC. Under the format that the NCAA divisions use for their football playoffs, LSU would not have been able to be on the playoffs. They don't have enough wild cards to take any 3rd or 4th place conference finishers.
The D1A conferences would no doubt have to be changed and all non confrence schools would have to join one, in order for a playoff system to work.

hazard
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
osu and michagan are perenial bowl game losers
? OSU has won their bowl games for the last 5 years straight except for this last game. UM is definitely terrible at bowl games!

Spotondl
01-11-2007, 12:00 AM
BOTH the Fiesta Bowl and the BCS Championship games were awesome.
Here are a few of my pics from the BCS game.
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01132.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01137.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01151.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01156.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01202.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01246.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01260.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01264.jpg
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01293.jpg

Spotondl
01-11-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.american***boat.com/images/bcs/DSC01411.jpg