PDA

View Full Version : Clippers observation

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 06:36 AM
It has been a very disappointing season so far but that is just how it is when you are a Clippers fan :)
I watched some of their game last night as it was on a TV next to the BCS game. They looked horrible early on in the game. I then had to go and play my softball game. Seems the Clippers came back and won the game. So when I got home the game was being replayed on PT and I saw the end. It was basically Sam I Am taking ver down the stretch. Good to see him out there again but it seems they totally count on him. Way more than they should be.
Corey is now out and with them signing a "Luke Jackson" maybe this means Corey is out for an extended time.
I would not say the season is over and I believe they can make a run for the playoffs but..........
No excuses and I expected much better from them this year.
Oh well.....I will still watch them and hope for the best.
As far as the Lakers -vs- Clippers talk, bashing, etc...it is pretty hard to engage in that kind of talk when the Clippers are playing like shit and the Lakers are playing as well as they are. Plus, it just got boring and repetitive.
Later

a catered life
01-09-2007, 06:57 AM
tom being the great guy you are i must commend you on this thread...:D but the reality of it all is the clippers are and always will be, as long as they must play in the shadows of the greatest team in the nba, a second rate team.....its hard to taste and compete for something you have never tasted (a ring/championship banner)...i must say sam cassell's old ass looked good last night:sqeyes: he might be good for 2 months

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 07:34 AM
tom being the great guy you are i must commend you on this thread...:D but the reality of it all is the clippers are and always will be, as long as they must play in the shadows of the greatest team in the nba, a second rate team.....its hard to taste and compete for something you have never tasted (a ring/championship banner)...i must say sam cassell's old ass looked good last night:sqeyes: he might be good for 2 months
Thanks for the compliment ACL :)
Well F the Lakers then
lol

Jyruiz
01-09-2007, 08:01 AM
It has been a very disappointing season so far but that is just how it is when you are a Clippers fan :)
I watched some of their game last night as it was on a TV next to the BCS game. They looked horrible early on in the game. I then had to go and play my softball game. Seems the Clippers came back and won the game. So when I got home the game was being replayed on PT and I saw the end. It was basically Sam I Am taking ver down the stretch. Good to see him out there again but it seems they totally count on him. Way more than they should be.
Corey is now out and with them signing a "Luke Jackson" maybe this means Corey is out for an extended time.
I would not say the season is over and I believe they can make a run for the playoffs but..........
As far as the Lakers -vs- Clippers talk, bashing, etc...it is pretty hard to engage in that kind of talk when the Clippers are playing like shit and the Lakers are playing as well as they are. Plus, it just got boring and repetitive.
Later
Horrible is an under statement so far. I was expecting the Clipps to contend for the Pacific, now I am just hoping they don't end up in the celler. I expect better as well and I think they can still make the playoffs, they just have to play smarter and hustle. Oh yeah, there coach needs not to be such a dumb ass too. I have only missed about two games this season and it baffles me on how poor they have played.

OutCole'd
01-09-2007, 08:04 AM
As far as the Lakers -vs- Clippers talk, bashing, etc...it is pretty hard to engage in that kind of talk when the Clippers are playing like shit and the Lakers are playing as well as they are. Plus, it just got boring and repetitive.Later
Kinda like the last two years being a Laker fan I guess.

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 08:44 AM
tom are you "french" ??? :idea:
Of course not. Just being realistic.

dmontzsta
01-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Very nice post Tom, it sucks they were not able to get a run going, they started off "OK", but then just tanked. They did play Memphis last night and they have the worst record in the NBA 8-27 OUCH. But hey, the clippers pulled it off. Very scary they depend on Sam like that though, he will be gone soon, if not sooner with his old boned injury plagued behind. Too bad they are just letting Corey go, he was there to pick the team up from nothing.
The Lakers on the other hand :D they are not really playing too well and still a little out of sink. Lamar and Kwame are still gone, which is huge, but hey, they are winning games and that is all they need to do. I look for them to make a huge playoff surge. They were all there last year and that Phoenix series was great for them. They got to experience a 7 game playoff series, making a run to almost take it, then having it snatched from under them. GREAT experience, now they know what it is like in a 7 game series. :idea:

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=dmontzsta;2330845]Very nice post Tom, it sucks they were not able to get a run going, they started off "OK", but then just tanked. They did play Memphis last night and they have the worst record in the NBA 8-27 OUCH. But hey, the clippers pulled it off. Very scary they depend on Sam like that though, he will be gone soon, if not sooner with his old boned injury plagued behind. Too bad they are just letting Corey go, he was there to pick the team up from nothing.[QUOTE]
I disagree...they had a good start record wise but were not playing well. They were winning though. They will make a run but to what extent is anybodies guess. It becomes contagious but have been so inconsistent wit maybe 1 quarter of good basketball per game. Maybe not even that much.
Corey will be traded it seems but who really knows. Whoever ends up with him will have to put up with bonehead decisions though. He can get you points and also get to the free throw line but forces it at times.
They have just stunk it up but they have enough talent to overcome this.
Dunleavy continues to try to "out-coach" the other teams and it costs the Clips when it comes to consistency and having roles defined. A job is easier to do if you know what you have to do on a day by day basis within the tem makeup. I just don't see the point to changing up the lineups all the time.

eliminatedsprinter
01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey I liked it when the Clips played in the sports arena. They were bad, but they were a cheap way to see the NBA live...:cool:

acatitude
01-09-2007, 09:36 AM
dilligaf......
I feel your pain up here in sac bro:mad:

Jyruiz
01-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey I liked it when the Clips played in the sports arena. They were bad, but they were a cheap way to see the NBA live...:cool:
I remember when you use to get in free after the first quarter was over when they played in the Sports Arena.

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I had season tickets for 5 years back in the SA days. I still remember my son asking my why all the houses around the neighborhood had bars on their windows. We used to get accosted all the time after the games and that was with season pass parking. I really believed that sooner or later an armed holdup was going to happen to me. That would have gotten nasty real quick as I was stupid enough back then to try to back them up. Probably would have gotten shot or stabbed. :(

DILLIGAF
01-09-2007, 10:04 AM
dilligaf......
I feel your pain up here in sac bro:mad:
Yep...I expected Sac to play better than they have this year also. Of course the season is not over yet.

a catered life
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the compliment ACL :)
Well F the Lakers then
lol
:D :D :D ;)

acatitude
01-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Yep...I expected Sac to play better than they have this year also. Of course the season is not over yet.
well the kings blew a 17 ppoint lead in 3rd quarter last night to clevland. Thats 3 games in a row they lost that they could have won..
Ill tell ya laBron is so far above everyone else.. the size of magic and the quickness of Jordan. Have no idea if he will get there, but is so much more the player then even Kobe was at that age. the guy is unreal.

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
well the kings blew a 17 ppoint lead in 3rd quarter last night to clevland. Thats 3 games in a row they lost that they could have won..
Ill tell ya laBron is so far above everyone else.. the size of magic and the quickness of Jordan. Have no idea if he will get there, but is so much more the player then even Kobe was at that age. the guy is unreal.
He needs to step it up on the defensive end. I would say he is a ways away from Jordan and Magic.

acatitude
01-10-2007, 01:04 PM
He needs to step it up on the defensive end. I would say he is a ways away from Jordan and Magic.
trust me he can play defense, and I didnt say he was there yet. Never know if he will but he's better then Kobe was at that age. and people in the know say better then jordan his 1st couple years in the league. your such a homer:D

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 01:14 PM
trust me he can play defense, and I didnt say he was there yet. Never know if he will but he's better then Kobe was at that age. and people in the know say better then jordan his 1st couple years in the league. your such a homer:D
Alright, **** the clippers, kings and cavaliers, hows that? :D

DILLIGAF
01-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Alright, **** the clippers, kings and cavaliers, hows that? :D
Don isn't a homer he is a homo....lol
Hey BC..At least your team is getting a lead in the game. Many times the Clips are down from the get go and never seem to get it going. Actually....and I have said this before but maybe they can get a run going now. WTF knows anymore
:)

DILLIGAF
01-10-2007, 01:43 PM
hows the therapy tommy-boy ???? :idea: :sqeyes:
Well, it has helped eliminate my tendency to stand outside, looking at a full moon and howl..lol

eliminatedsprinter
01-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh how memory fades with time.;)
I like LaBron, but he has nowhere near the quickness of Jordan. Honestly he reminds me more of a young Barkley as far as speed and quickness is concerned, but not Jordan. Nobody in the league today is as quick or explosive as Jordon was in his prime.
P.S. LaBron is also shorter than Magic. Magic was six nine and three quarters.

acatitude
01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Don isn't a homer he is a homo....lol
:)
sorry my typo, lol.