PDA

View Full Version : Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia (Coming Soon)

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3251&zoneid=2
Randy is stepping out of retirement to beat Sylvia's ass, since nobody else seems to be able to. :)
There was talk about Brandon Vera having a title shot, but he only has one fight left on his contract and the UFC does not want him to be able to leave after winning the belt. I guess he wants signing bonuses and all kinds of crazy shit. Hopefully they can get it worked out, cause Vera is definitely an up and coming fighter who will be a force.

little rowe boat
01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Isn't Randy a Light heavyweight. I think Silvia will kill him.

Cole Trickle
01-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Randy is doing it for the $$.
I think he will have trouble with Silvia's size....Hopefully he dosen't hurt himself.

LAFD
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
randy is bad ass but i think he should stay retired. he will have trouble with tim.

little rowe boat
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Liddel kicked his ass, Silvia will destroy him.

FryJet
01-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Randy is great but I hope it doesnt turn into a Shamrock kind of deal. Cro Cop just signed so Silvias time is running out. Even at 6'2 im pretty sure Cro Cop would take Silvia apart.
F.J.

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 11:02 AM
For those who do not remember, Randy was the heavyweight champion and the light heavyweight champion, so he can do both.

Cole Trickle
01-10-2007, 11:05 AM
For those who do not remember, Randy was the heavyweight champion and the light heavyweight champion, so he can do both.
Did he fight any 6'8" guys that should weigh 300 lbs?

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Did he fight any 6'8" guys that should weigh 300 lbs?
Have you seen Sylvia fight? I mean, come on...who are you kidding? He doesnt push the pace at all. I like Tim Sylvia, but his Monson fight really dissappointed me, I truely believe he is lucky to have the belt. If Arlovski would have stopped partying, he would still have it.

moneypit
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Blah blah blah...
Tims huge...hes good cause he can jab and because he's huge.
Randys bigger now after his retirement. He will be able to bulk up. I see Tim pissing his pants and Randy taking the belt that Tim thinks he has to wear EVERYWHERE!!!!
WAR RANDY!

buzzaro
01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Randy is great but I hope it doesnt turn into a Shamrock kind of deal. Cro Cop just signed so Silvias time is running out. Even at 6'2 im pretty sure Cro Cop would take Silvia apart.
F.J.
Yup, a couple leg kicks and the fight will turn bad for Sylvia very fast.
Also I was watching Silva/Henderson 1 last night and damn recording cut off before the end of the fight, did Silva end up winning or did Henderson get the strikers chance KO?

GrapeApe
01-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Also I was watching Silva/Henderson 1 last night and damn recording cut off before the end of the fight, did Silva end up winning or did Henderson get the strikers chance KO?
Silva won that fight.. The next match think we turn out differently. I think Henderson will take the rematch. Silva isn't the same as 2 years ago.
I would love to see Randy win, but the last 2 Big Heavyweights he fought, he lost badly. Once to Josh Barnett, and again to Ricco Rodriguez. That was actually Barnetts last fight in the UFC. He won the Heavyweight Belt, tested positive for Steroids, and then left for Pride.
*** GrapeApe ***

Bense468
01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Silva took it. Henderson ran outta gas. Great fight.

mmered8299
01-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Will Frank Mir ever get his shit together?

djunkie
01-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Have you seen Sylvia fight? I mean, come on...who are you kidding? He doesnt push the pace at all. I like Tim Sylvia, but his Monson fight really dissappointed me, I truely believe he is lucky to have the belt. If Arlovski would have stopped partying, he would still have it.
Don't let that flabby gut on Sylvia fool you. That guy has a brick for a fist and a steam roller for a right foot.

unleashed
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Randy doesnt have a chance....sylvia will knock him out. To much reach and way quicker than Randy. Randy looked old in his last fight with Liddel! As far as leg kicks...not sure why more people dont use them...well if they have em ofcourse!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com):devil:

LLGirl
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
this is a great fight because it has everyone talking about it....and the UFC hasn't even announced it yet. This is a way better match up for Randy than Ricco or Barnett was. Both those guys are great ground guys. Barnett is on a different level than most on the ground. Sylvia will want to keep it standing, Randy WILL take him down. Just remains to be seen if he can keep him down and finish.
I think if Tim uses leg kicks with Randy, he'll end up on his back. I see it being a boxing match with Randy trying to get inside for the takedown the whole time. I look forward to seeing it if it does happen.
I wonder if the UFC is trying to set up a crocop/randy matchup in the future. That's another one where styles will make it great.
mrll

Charley
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3251&zoneid=2
Randy is stepping out of retirement to beat Sylvia's ass, since nobody else seems to be able to. :)
I thought that's why Cro Cop came over to the dark side...:devil: :devil: :devil: