PDA

View Full Version : ski Island - Havasu

Partycattin
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I've heard of people reference ski Island or Ski cove. Is that directly across from Thompson bay? Anyone have one of the regatta maps that show all the cove names?

Havasu1986
01-10-2007, 11:56 AM
If your heading south out of Thompson Bay its on the Cali side before Copper Canyon. Its where I learned to ski in the early 80's. Well at least this is what we have been calling it for 25 years.

h2oski2fast
01-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Ski cove is on the Arizona side about 4 miles from Steamboat towards Havasu Springs.
Ski Island, as I know it, is the island where the bouy line is at the Springs end of the lake. Before the bouy line was there, you could ski around it. It's located straight out of the launch ramp from Havasu Springs. It's now a no wake zone, but you can still go around it.

Ion
01-10-2007, 11:59 AM
If your heading south out of Thompson Bay its on the Cali side before Copper Canyon. Its where I learned to ski in the early 80's.
What he said. Skier's Island.

lalhc
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
If your heading south out of Thompson Bay its on the Cali side before Copper Canyon. Its where I learned to ski in the early 80's. Well at least this is what we have been calling it for 25 years.
That's where I used to ski many moons ago and we called it "Ski Island".

Havasu1986
01-10-2007, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=h2oski2fast;2331249]Ski cove is on the Arizona side about 4 miles from Steamboat towards Havasu Springs.
Ski Island, as I know it, is the island where the bouy line is at the Springs end of the lake. Before the bouy line was there, you could ski around it. It's located straight out of the launch ramp from Havasu Springs. It's now a no wake zone, but you can still go around it.[/QUOTe
We love to see that cove when we are coming into town from the highway and then when were on the lake anchor there and turn the tunes up....but we hate to see it on the way home.:mad:

Ziggy
01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Ski cove is on the Arizona side about 4 miles from Steamboat towards Havasu Springs. I think you're thinking of Standard cove there. Its where OP6-IV was held.
Ski Island, as I know it, is the island where the bouy line is at the Springs end of the lake. Before the bouy line was there, you could ski around it. It's located straight out of the launch ramp from Havasu Springs. It's now a no wake zone, but you can still go around it.
I'm pretty sure they are referring to the south end of California Cove near Copper.