PDA

View Full Version : race your jet boat !!! roundy round style!!

lilrick
01-10-2007, 01:55 PM
2007 Nostalgia Jet Boat Racing
Nostalgia Jet Class
APBA & SCSC General Rules
1) Required: Minimum of 5 Boats.
2) Maximum length of 21'.
3) Entry Fee: $100/average per day, rates may vary.
4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership).
5) Plus SCSC membership fee-$20/year.
6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification.
7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules.
8) No Jet-A-way required.
9) GPS - Contact Jim Best for GPS Spec...must have max speed sensor and recording.
10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH.
11) Kill switch.
12) Neck collar.
13) Helmet restraints.
14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines.
15) Turning Rudder: must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the jet nozzle and has a minimum surface area of 16 square inches.
16) Diverter stop: Rooster Tail must not exceed about 4’ off the water. This also includes fixed nozzle boats.
17) Through bolted loader (4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts).
18) The numbers must be at least 12 inches in height, starting with cj, in contrasting colors, and legible.
19) Have fun and be safe.
For Schedule & Race Information visit:
www.scscracing.com
SCSC Membership
APBA entry form
2007 SCSC Race Schedule
APBA Rules
Good Luck and I hope to see you out there.
Please contact
Jim
epm@npgcable.com
928-542-7712

dmontzsta
01-10-2007, 01:56 PM
What the heck? Is lilrick and Jim the same guy now? :D
I thought you were selling the pink boat?

lilrick
01-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I did sell the pink boat, but I still wanna help my jet buddies, and jim rich is one of um!!!:D

lucky
01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
hey - I'm in I'm heading down to Big 4 rentals and securing me one of those ditch pumps - i'll kick all your White asses :) :D

Ralph Brunt
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
i know rick, going out to elsinore this sun to hammer the pink boat. i'm trying to get ready for march 3-4, still got a few things to sort out.
ralph

sleekcrafter
01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow this sounds cool !
Can any type of jet boat run in these races as long as it is 21' or less ?:idea:
Emanon Performance Marine
EPM
Jim
epm@npgcable.com
928-542-7712

cyclone
01-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Emanon Performance Marine
EPM
Jim
epm@npgcable.com
928-542-7712
:eek:

lilrick
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Wow this sounds cool !
Can any type of jet boat run in these races as long as it is 21' or less ?:idea:
yes.If you have any questions feel free to pm me or call the phone # posted above.

lilrick
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
:eek:
hehehe

lilrick
01-10-2007, 08:46 PM
i know rick, going out to elsinore this sun to hammer the pink boat. i'm trying to get ready for march 3-4, still got a few things to sort out.
ralph
Let me know if I can help out!

MikeF
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Did he just refer himself in the 3rd person? (http://www.***boat.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1463593):hammer2:

lilrick
01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
all of these hot rod jet boats around here and nobody has the balls to shoe um' for four measly laps!!! WTF???

bottom feeder
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
What is with the fin crap? And what are the dates?
I think it is for the remote chance of power outage:sqeyes: . And the water is deep I hear:rolleyes: . Want to car pool?

lilrick
01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
visit scscracing .com

dmontzsta
01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
all of these hot rod jet boats around here and nobody has the balls to shoe um' for four measly laps!!! WTF???
Aren't most of the big dogs light tunnel hulls? I do not think they would do too well in the roundy rounds, I could be wrong though.

bottom feeder
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't even have a place to bolt one on....I'm scared of deep water.....Will your tub fit in the back of my truck?
BTW When is Riggins?
Weld the thing on ??? That is why they require the float thing (cant walk of the course) Is it a long box? April I belive. See you thare?

lilrick
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Aren't most of the big dogs light tunnel hulls? I do not think they would do too well in the roundy rounds, I could be wrong though.
not everybody has a tunnel,but Terry Valore did have a very competitive tunnel a few years back.

lilrick
01-12-2007, 07:23 AM
and....if you're not gonna help...go away biatch!!

Moneypitt
01-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Rick, you might look into a lifeline rental deal like the enduro. I'm sure there a jetboaters here that would race except they don't have the required gear. All the boat safety stuff should be on their boats anyway, but the expense of buying all the personal safety gear may prevent some people from even trying it once........And we know, once they try it, they're hooked......MP

lilrick
01-12-2007, 09:29 PM
very true ol' buddy.....very true.

Ralph Brunt
01-13-2007, 05:02 AM
hell yeah you know us ROOKIES dont have anything, i'm all for the rental deal what do you say MP can you help a brother out;) lol. no but really your right MP, i know this stuff is starting to add up:eek:
ralph

lilrick
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
how did testing go Ralph??

Ralph Brunt
01-14-2007, 07:07 PM
didnt want to jack the thread so i made a new one
ralph

beerjet
01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Maybe next year .
-beerjet-

lilrick
01-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe next year .
-beerjet-
what's stoppin' yuh?

New Login
01-17-2007, 08:59 PM
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/2006whitecourt_206.jpg
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/whitecourt_race_2006_042r_106_449.jpg
Can these boats race too ?:sqeyes:

Moneypitt
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/2006whitecourt_206.jpg
Can this boat race too ?:sqeyes:
Sure, but there is that pesky speed limit thing in this class.......80.1 MAX..Will it idle that low?..........MP

New Login
01-17-2007, 09:05 PM
2007 Nostalgia Jet Boat Racing
APBA & SCSC General Rules
2) Maximum length of 21'.
10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH.
19) Have fun and be safe.
Sounds like fun !:D

New Login
01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Driver: Richard Grant / Whitecourt Alberta
Navigator: Elaine Grant
Crew chief: Andrew
Class: Sport jet
Name & Number: Thunderstruck #24
Engine: Stock Mercury 2.5 litre
Horse power: 240
Boat make: 2003 Eagle Step Tech 17’
Max speed: 72 mph
Years racing: 1
Accomplishments: 2006 SJ Canadian Champion.
Worst Crash: House warmer party at Crawford’s.
Comments: Currently building a new FX class boat for 2007.
http://www.outlaweagle.com/forum/files/24_wct_races_2006_133.jpg

Ralph Brunt
01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
ttt

beerjet
01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Cough , cough , sorry just clearing my throat. Cough.
-beerjet-

Goad
01-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Cough , cough , sorry just clearing my throat. Cough.
-beerjet-
:D :D :D :D

TIMINATOR
01-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Check with your insurance company first. Every policy that I have read excludes coverage during racing events. Mebbie the sponsors can step up with somthing. You may lose your boat AND your house. TIMINATOR

lilrick
01-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Check with your insurance company first. Every policy that I have read excludes coverage during racing events. Mebbie the sponsors can step up with somthing. You may lose your boat AND your house. TIMINATOR
hUH?? Where did this come from? It's obvious to me that you have never been a part of any type of professionally sanctioned boat racing. Why would you try to plant the this seed of uncertainty in peoples heads ?
First of all, you're right about the regular boat insurance not covering you under racing conditions.
Second,you're wrong when you scare people into believing that they're going to lose their houses from a lack of insurance. This is where the racing organizations come in, such as the APBA, NJBA, & the Ihba. These sanctioning bodies are the main insurance holders.......and I will find out more!!:devil:

RodFather
01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, If ol Jim Rich at Code Blue Ripoff has anything to do with this race its prob fixed. He prob has the lap counters in his pocket so his 35mph boat wil get some extra laps on the guys that really won.

lilrick
01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Yep, If ol Jim Rich at Code Blue Ripoff has anything to do with this race its prob fixed. He prob has the lap counters in his pocket so his 35mph boat wil get some extra laps on the guys that really won.
nice first post A$$hole!

Moneypitt
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
I believe part of the registration process involves signing an agreement to hold all participants harmless in any type mishap while attending a race. I know APBA insurance covers accidental injury to racers and crew while attending a race. Motel/hotel "mishaps" excluded...........
Rodfather? Do you race? When and where? What type boats? And who promotes your events?..MP

beerjet
01-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Another phoney name pops up when Jims name is mentioned . :rolleyes: What's your IP again?
-beerjet-

RodFather
01-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Its not my first post lildick, and Im the guy who couldnt race last year because Jim ripoff took four months to rebuild my pump, didnt put the new shaft in I paid for and also he left out the Place diverter and gaskets I paid for. Im also the asshole who got his Redneck ass kicked off of Ebay! Did he ever pay for his race shirts, or send the guy his tires??? Look at the big picture Lildick he will rip you off one day too. What comes around goes around.

lilrick
01-30-2007, 07:29 AM
This is all VERY old news....and yes I do have a lildick....So now what mofo???????????? YOUR only purpose for coming on these boards is to stir up useless old $hit. Go away moron. You live nice and far away too. Just another angry 5' pipsqueek full of shortmans complex hiding behind a computer screen........what a jackass!!

RodFather
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Im a lil taller than 5' and I would just like the guy to give me my money back. The only one hiding is the the guy at code blue who wont return my emails or phone calls. Why dont you just give me my 700 bucks and we will call it even with your buddy Jim that you are allways sticking up for. How long will it take you to send me my money? Cant Jim post and stick up for himself? Im the chicken behind the computer screen but your the guy fighting all of jims battles, like I said before, Look at the BIG Picture.(If you can get over yourself to do that) I emailed him yesterday, do you think he responded?

lilrick
01-30-2007, 07:51 AM
nobody else seems to really care .....so go discuss it with your shrink, and get over it!

RodFather
01-30-2007, 07:57 AM
send me some money or quit sticking up for him. Lick BONE!

lilrick
01-30-2007, 08:12 AM
you sure are money hungry and love talking about D!ck!! hahaha!! How bout you get a job and earn some money!!!

old rigger
01-30-2007, 08:16 AM
hUH?? Where did this come from? It's obvious to me that you have never been a part of any type of professionally sanctioned boat racing. Why would you try to plant the this seed of uncertainty in peoples heads ?
First of all, you're right about the regular boat insurance not covering you under racing conditions.
Second,you're wrong when you scare people into believing that they're going to lose their houses from a lack of insurance. This is where the racing organizations come in, such as the APBA, NJBA, & the Ihba. These sanctioning bodies are the main insurance holders.......and I will find out more!!:devil:
Where do you get your info? Timinator is exactly right. You have to sign a waver when racing with in APBA where you assume ALL responsibility for injury, death, property damage and so on that might come from racing within one of their events. Why do you think there are so many fund raisers for drivers injured in a crash...because they get such great coverage from the scantioning body? Get a clue.
No ones trying to plant any seed of uncertainity in anybody, he was just laying it on the line. Unless you've got a special rider in your insurance policy, you run the risk of having no coverage at all. And not only that, the boats manufacturer (doesn't really matter in most cases anymore because you're all running hulls built decades ago) the warranty for the hull is/was void the minute it hit the race track.

Moneypitt
01-30-2007, 08:22 AM
RF, this is a thread about racing Jetboats with APBA. Is your boat ready to race? If so, bring it out. You would be amazed at how much fun you could have. However, also realize that if it wern't for the efforts of the person you choose to flame here, there wouldn't be a nostaliga jet class to race in. There are three sides to every story. Your's, his, and the truth. I don't think anyone here wants to hear your side only. There are avenues to address any monetary damages you may have incurred, but this board is not one of them. I have no way of knowing what went on with your Code Blue experience, nor with his ebay account. Truthfully, it is none of my business. I am not taking sides here, only suggesting that this is not the place to air it out. Please allow this forum to remain a positive place for members to discuss boating, racing, and the various things we need help with, from fellow boaters/racers. Please do not ask me for money, I have very little. I don't think there will be a class for you at Burley this year, but there may be some actual CJ races in region 10, the Pacific Northwest. Talk with Circlejerk, (Boyd), he promotes the Nostaliga stuff up there in a little different format than APBA, and is always looking to add to the boat count for those events.......Think positive and move forward, please..............MP

RodFather
01-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks MP, I was just trying to get Jim to answer my calls or emails. L8R

lilrick
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Where do you get your info? Timinator is exactly right. You have to sign a waver when racing with in APBA where you assume ALL responsibility for injury, death, property damage and so on that might come from racing within one of their events. Why do you think there are so many fund raisers for drivers injured in a crash...because they get such great coverage from the scantioning body? Get a clue.
No ones trying to plant any seed of uncertainity in anybody, he was just laying it on the line. Unless you've got a special rider in your insurance policy, you run the risk of having no coverage at all. And not only that, the boats manufacturer (doesn't really matter in most cases anymore because you're all running hulls built decades ago) the warranty for the hull is/was void the minute it hit the race track.
You've been around this business alot longer than I have ol' rigger, and I know that you are much more knowledgable about racing than I. But, I must respectfully ask you, Have you ever known anybody that has lost their house as a direct result of the scenario you describe?
And, all of the fundraisers I see are for guys that have died and have no money saved!! The money is usually needed for burial services and such.

Moneypitt
01-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Unless things have changed lately, the APBA does have medical insurance for the racers and crews. It is limited, like $7500. or 10K, but it is there, I think. As far as your boat, nah, but the wavier protects you from being sued by a fellow racer in the event that 2 boats collide and suffer damage to either. I have never heard of any litigation between racers for any reason. There is a suit ongoing between a drag racer's family and a promotor/official. This involves a safety issue and a death. ......I wonder how many 4X4 owners know that their insurance is useless once they leave the highway!!!!......MP

Ralph Brunt
01-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Rodfather I am new to racing boats and all this info (accept your's no disrespect) is verry important to me. So PLEASE take your greivance to the sandbar or benchracers forum, so this thread doesnt get moved or locked
thanx ralph
i talked to ross today and i was just informed that i need a physical, really no big deal but i was not informed via this thread or the rules. however i may have not looked in the right place. So if you are new and going to race you need a physical.
Lilrick thanx for the lifeline will be sending it in tomarrow for cert.
Once again fellas i do APPRECIATE all the info you are providing me. i will be racing march 3-4
ralph

Moneypitt
01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Ralph, what is your boat number, I'll try to stop in and see you.........I'll be in the PS52/PS690, (and maybe PS89), pits by the east ramp.........Ray

Ralph Brunt
01-30-2007, 06:59 PM
cj812 it's rick old PINKboat:D
i look forward to meeting you Ray
ralph

old rigger
01-30-2007, 08:27 PM
You've been around this business alot longer than I have ol' rigger, and I know that you are much more knowledgable about racing than I. But, I must respectfully ask you, Have you ever known anybody that has lost their house as a direct result of the scenario you describe?
And, all of the fundraisers I see are for guys that have died and have no money saved!! The money is usually needed for burial services and such.
My mistake. You're absolutly right, I've never heard of anyone losing their house from the above scenario. And as moneypitt points out, you're covered for 7,500 to 10K. More than enough I'm sure to cover any medical expenses that might come from being in a crash in a boat race. :rolleyes:
Like you, I've seen fundraisers for guys that have died, I've also seen them for the guys that couldn't afford to pay off the medical bills. Not to mention having seen nothing done at all when the driver couldn't afford to pay off his bills. Guys like Billy Henderson who crashed back in the day, before you were probably born, who broke his back, had his cheeks ripped off his ass, hydrauliced his rectum, just to name a few of his injuries from the crash. If you think that the APBA, or who ever is putting on the race, will step in and cover any of the expenses above the 10K in the policy, your dreaming.
Maybe someone would lose their house, or at least suck out all the equity in it to pay off his or her medical bills.
I would hope no one would ever have to use any insurance policy for injuries suffered while doing something that I enjoy watching so much, but it happens, and for you to tell someone that their covered and not to worry because the 'sanctioning bodies' has their back is wrong.

steelcomp
01-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Old, You and Tim have a way of really brightening things up, here. Facts may be facts, (or not) but just dropping a big stinky ol' steamer like Tim did, in a thread trying to generate interest in a dying sport just isn't necessary. I mean, what is it with you guys? Is all the doom and gloom making you guys feel better?
Why don't you and Ray argue this out in private. No one's losing their house, and this is a good thread.
Oh, BTW...you better not go outside tomorrow, you could get in a real bad accident and get hurt. :notam:

Moneypitt
01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Old, You and Tim have a way of really brightening things up, here. Facts may be facts, (or not) but just dropping a big stinky ol' steamer like Tim did, in a thread trying to generate interest in a dying sport just isn't necessary. I mean, what is it with you guys? Is all the doom and gloom making you guys feel better?
Why don't you and Ray argue this out in private. No one's losing their house, and this is a good thread.
Oh, BTW...you better not go outside tomorrow, you could get in a real bad accident and get hurt. :notam:
Gee Scott, If I would've known we were arguing I would've been more aggressive!!! I was trying to be informative. Just the facts, (as I know them) just the facts........I think the APBA insurance deal covers any costs involved with initial transportation and "check out" at a local hospital. At least I've never heard of anyone being billed for that. A serious injury could hurt the wallet as well unless you have outside health coverage, which isn't voided by any accidents on land or water. Now the boat is a different story, there, you are on your own.........Sorry If I sounded negative, I certainly didn't mean to.......Ray

steelcomp
01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Gee Scott, If I would've known we were arguing I would've been more aggressive!!! I was trying to be informative. Just the facts, (as I know them) just the facts........I think the APBA insurance deal covers any costs involved with initial transportation and "check out" at a local hospital. At least I've never heard of anyone being billed for that. A serious injury could hurt the wallet as well unless you have outside health coverage, which isn't voided by any accidents on land or water. Now the boat is a different story, there, you are on your own.........Sorry If I sounded negative, I certainly didn't mean to.......RaySorry Ray...wasn't directed at you...you were providing information. Thanks for that.

old rigger
01-31-2007, 07:58 AM
What gloom and doom are you talking about? The part where i said I didn't like to see any racers getting hurt or the part where I listed the injuries to my old friend B. Henderson, and he didn't get any help in paying off his medical bills? I was simply disagreeing with lilrick about insurance coverage from what I've seen in the past. I'd like to see the class take off again as much as anyone.

MAXIMUS
01-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Racing is a blast & costs lots of money! We are all dying each day! Death is coming with or with out danger. If you are concerned about getting hurt or can't afford to get hurt or have a family to support that can't afford you to get hurt then don't race. Otherwise it blows a "Disney E ticket" out of the water! Now Ralph hang on to your ass! You are about to cross a line that will change your life forever! Have fun amigo...:)

Moneypitt
01-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Racing is a blast & costs lots of money! We are all dying each day! Death is coming with or with out danger. If you are concerned about getting hurt or can't afford to get hurt or have a family to support that can't afford you to get hurt then don't race. Otherwise it blows a "Disney E ticket" out of the water! Now Ralph hang on to your ass! You are about to cross a line that will change your life forever! Have fun amigo...:)
Ralph, regardless of success or failure at MIng, as Maxi says, your life will be changed. The weekends at the lake/river will never be the same. You will live for the next race. You will meet people that you will never forget, and become part of an extended family like no other. Your first race is a small step into a big addiction, for which there are no Betty Ford clinics. Oh, and keep your eyes open for a v drive, that too is coming.........Ray

lilrick
01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh, and keep your eyes open for a v drive, that too is coming.........Ray
LOL!! heheh!:D

TIMINATOR
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the support Oldrigger! LILRICK:yes I have seen someone lose their house in Prescott Valley,AZ. To a girl that I had just started to date when the thing went down,as a matter of fact. I decided that I didn't want to be near anyone like that, so I broke it off immediatly. What the release and covenant not to sue protects is the race promoter, not you. If anyone is killed,THEIR HEIRS HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYTHING AND CAN AND OFTEN DO SUE EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!!! Also, any spectator has not signed anything, are they not gonna sue if you kill their kid? In Az. and most states, the hold harmless agreement can be overturned by any judge because of extenuating circumstances. The skydiving center that I was involved with had a release from the jumper (14 jumps), and the jumper was jumping with her experienced jumper boyfriend (700+ jumps) when things went sour. She was killed on impact.Her parents sued, and it cost the jump center about $23,000.00 to get the case dismissed. The boyfriend was also sued, but had no tangible assets, the lawyer dropped any claim on him in exchange for his testimony against the drop zone. A close friend from at the dragstrip (car) was run into by another participant, ONE call to the other racers insurance company resulted in a generous settlement check for his car and minor injuries. The insurance co. sued THEIR own customer, and of course won, they also collected "costs involved with settlement" and then dropped the insured because of the incident. I can go on, but you get the picture. Don't believe me? Call a lawyer. A closed race course is different than an open waterway with bouys, and an open shoreline. In closing, I love racing as much as anyone, I have seen things that I don't like, so I stay away from participating. This is not gloom, it is the world we live in. TIMINATOR

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Look at this guy:eek:
Hey bro, I notice that you are new. Welcome to the boards but please chill on the bashing. This is old new like rick said. Everyone is trying to get info in here not join in red rover:idea:If you have an issue with Jim then call him:idea: His numbers are posted all over.......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
If my gullwing could turn fast I would run:idea: I would have to put a throttle stop on it though:D 80mph would be at 4500r's for me:D my WOT will be at 6500:eek:

WVspeedfreak
01-31-2007, 06:02 PM
If I was worried about getting sued, I wouldnt leave the house...You cant live life worrying about what ifs.
You could get consumed with, what if this happened, or what if that happened.

Ralph Brunt
01-31-2007, 06:30 PM
i dont know about racing yet but i soon will. i know this, it takes a lot just to get on the water and i'm not talking about$$$$$$$$$$. hell you only live once and i just have to try. I dont plan on winning i only want to be part of the action and learn WTF is going on. the next race i'll worry about winning:D
hi my name is ralph and i am an ADDICT:)

vishus
01-31-2007, 08:47 PM
If my gullwing could turn fast I would run:idea: I would have to put a throttle stop on it though:D 80mph would be at 4500r's for me:D my WOT will be at 6500:eek:
DAMN SPIT,
your gullwing would be turning around 115mph at 6500!!! that's hauling the mail!!
you going to Saguaro on Sunday? I will be in the white/teal bassboat, flag me down and say hi. I fell in love with the gullwings when I saw a SCORPION (they used to build/rig them in the Junction). If I ever get another speedboat it will be a jet/gullwing...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
DAMN SPIT,
your gullwing would be turning around 115mph at 6500!!! that's hauling the mail!!
you going to Saguaro on Sunday? I will be in the white/teal bassboat, flag me down and say hi. I fell in love with the gullwings when I saw a SCORPION (they used to build/rig them in the Junction). If I ever get another speedboat it will be a jet/gullwing...
and that my friend is the plan;) I will be doing some rigging on the G-wing on sunday. Im getting ready for spring break hopefully.
Scorpions are nice. Thet were built at east valley performance when Jay was there. Since Jay has left the customer service went out the window. My friend just sold one with a killer ford in it for 13k.
Have we ever met before? I used to run the kachina in my pic out there the last 2 seasons......

TRG
01-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Just got back from the store,...grabbed the cheese-n-crackers, for all the whining in this M'er F'er!
Its pretty good! keep up the comedy!
"WHAAAA!...:cry: he's giving bunk info!...WHAAAA!":cry:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Just got back from the store,...grabbed the cheese-n-crackers, for all the whining in this M'er F'er!
Its pretty good! keep up the comedy!
"WHAAAA!...:cry: he's giving bunk info!...WHAAAA!":cry:
You grab the cheese and Ill hit 460 up for tha 40oz of Old English:D Its gettin' ho in heeeeeere :D

vishus
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Spit,
I used to run a RED PICKLEFORK OB. I normally boat with the family and we don't go to the beach much. I sold the picklefork and picked up an Allison bassboat (I can actually insure it (as long as it doesn't go over 85mph)). 24 pitch prop X 7500rpm (rev limiter) = 82mph... no limiter 9000+
if you make it see you on Sunday, if not, another weekend...
you should run the gull in Nostalgia, could be fun. I am planning on running my hull in Nostalgia with the v-drives and the 300, basically all the Parker races.
later sid

cyclone
02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.
To All Teams:
Below you will find the link to the 2007 SCSC "Season Opener" on March 3 & 4, 2007.
http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/race_schedule/Sanctions.php?ID=1790&hideNav=1
Please click on the link, print it. Below the race circular is the entry blank, please click on it, print it, fill it out COMPLETELY, mail it to Ann Hoban (P.O. Box 2123, Big River, CA 92242) by FEBRUARY 28, 2007 TO AVOID THE LATE FEE! or call her at (760) 665-8098.
You can also go to www.scscracing.com and completely fill out the editable pdf entry blank with all information, sign and make check payable to SCSC or completely fill out and print the credit card authorization form and fax it to Ann Hoban (760) 665-8098 (call first).
It is extremely important to get pre-registered as it will allow us to start the event on time!
Next, make your hotel reservations asap (see race circular) as the room bloc is on a first come, first serve basis and once the rooms are gone, they are gone!
Any questions please call or email.
Thank you for your support.
Sincerely,
Ross Wallach, Race Director SCSC
jim?:idea:

vishus
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
the 85mph comment is for insurance;)
most Allison's setup to rock and roll will run an easy 100 with a 2.5/260.
I can run a 24 pitch and keep it at 7300rpm and be running almost exactly 80mph in the straights. An Allison bassboat will turn pretty well...
don't expect to win, but would like to be competitive...
O.K. I want to win!! like I tell the kids try for an A if you miss you get a B...
have been watching the races the last couple of years, time to race.
sid

rossdbos
02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Let me preface this by saying in this day and age anything is possible and given the letigous environment we all live in nothing is really 100% safe.
With that said, here is how your insurance works under APBA. As a member of APBA in the event of an incident your primary insurance co. is contacted (assuming you have primary medical insurance, btw, you have no business racing if you don't have insurance for yourself or your family) and after a $2,000 deductible is paid to APBA's Insurance Company, anything that your primary insurance doesn't cover the APBA policy should. That is not to say it will 100% of the time, each accident is differerent and each insurance policy has different rider's, etc. written into the policy and everyone should check to see what coverage they can expect by their primary insurer. I know plenty of racers that were hurt racing and they can attest to the coverage over and above their primary insurer's. 99% of the time every bill is satisfied by both insurance companies.
Next, in the event of one racer suing another, then APBA steps in and gets involved in protecting the racer. You sign your right away to sue another racer when you join, it is in the language on the back of your membership that has to be signed, dated and witnessed. Now does that mean that anyone can stop a racer from suing another racer, NO, what it means is that a lawsuit resulting from an incident while racing has very little merit as the verbage states (paraphrasing) "Racing is inherently dangerous and you may get killed,.....". I'm no attorney but in cases like this intent must be proven and in almost 30 years of racing, I have seen a lot of accidents but yet to see someone use his boat as a weapon.
Unfortunately, I too have been involved in fund raisers for the families of injured or killed racers and the fund raisers is to provide assistance to the family while the insurance issues are being dealt with but in some cases, the racer had little or no insurance and needed the help of the racing community.
No one that I have know through 28 years of racing has lost their house unless or assets through an incident with another racer on the race course. If they ran into financial trouble it was concerning benefit coverage or lack thereof.
Last, in the case of accidental death, the APBA death benefit insurance payout is a lump sum of, I believe, $20,000. I will confirm this number with APBA and get back to you all.
I hope this sheds some light on a very important issue.
See you in March at Ming!
Sincerely,

Jetboatguru
02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Let me preface this by saying in this day and age anything is possible and given the letigous environment we all live in nothing is really 100% safe.
With that said, here is how your insurance works under APBA. As a member of APBA in the event of an incident your primary insurance co. is contacted (assuming you have primary medical insurance, btw, you have no business racing if you don't have insurance for yourself or your family) and after a $2,000 deductible is paid to APBA's Insurance Company, anything that your primary insurance doesn't cover the APBA policy should. That is not to say it will 100% of the time, each accident is differerent and each insurance policy has different rider's, etc. written into the policy and everyone should check to see what coverage they can expect by their primary insurer. I know plenty of racers that were hurt racing and they can attest to the coverage over and above their primary insurer's. 99% of the time every bill is satisfied by both insurance companies.
Next, in the event of one racer suing another, then APBA steps in and gets involved in protecting the racer. You sign your right away to sue another racer when you join, it is in the language on the back of your membership that has to be signed, dated and witnessed. Now does that mean that anyone can stop a racer from suing another racer, NO, what it means is that a lawsuit resulting from an incident while racing has very little merit as the verbage states (paraphrasing) "Racing is inherently dangerous and you may get killed,.....". I'm no attorney but in cases like this intent must be proven and in almost 30 years of racing, I have seen a lot of accidents but yet to see someone use his boat as a weapon.
Unfortunately, I too have been involved in fund raisers for the families of injured or killed racers and the fund raisers is to provide assistance to the family while the insurance issues are being dealt with but in some cases, the racer had little or no insurance and needed the help of the racing community.
No one that I have know through 28 years of racing has lost their house unless or assets through an incident with another racer on the race course. If they ran into financial trouble it was concerning benefit coverage or lack thereof.
Last, in the case of accidental death, the APBA death benefit insurance payout is a lump sum of, I believe, $20,000. I will confirm this number with APBA and get back to you all.
Sincerely,
WHATS THAT NOW?

lilrick
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Sincerely,
THANK YOU ROSS!!

Ralph Brunt
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
ttt

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Spit,
I used to run a RED PICKLEFORK OB. I normally boat with the family and we don't go to the beach much. I sold the picklefork and picked up an Allison bassboat (I can actually insure it (as long as it doesn't go over 85mph)). 24 pitch prop X 7500rpm (rev limiter) = 82mph... no limiter 9000+
if you make it see you on Sunday, if not, another weekend...
you should run the gull in Nostalgia, could be fun. I am planning on running my hull in Nostalgia with the v-drives and the 300, basically all the Parker races.
later sid
Ive seen your boat. Look for the pics of the g-wing this weekend. I will be doing some work all week on her after my 11hr days;) THis is going to be fun;)
_Spitter

vishus
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
let me know when you guys go out again, I am ready for a RELAXING day at the lake with a few BREWs (not while DRIVING, my boat will KILL you if you don't pay attention...)
later,
sid

Ralph Brunt
02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
it's getting closer

Nucking futs
02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
1) Ralph cj812-Hornet
2) Terry cj410-Rogers
3) Don Cucci -Custom Cucci
4) Roger -Wild Injun
5) Omar cj22-Saguaro
6)Tim CJ214 19 SWTD

FOURQ
02-14-2007, 07:34 PM
6)Tim CJ214 19 SWTD
LMAO id pay to see that

MikeF
02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
6)Tim CJ214 19 SWTD
W/ which engine?

lilrick
02-14-2007, 07:56 PM
W/ which engine?
I'm loaning him my 540 for the weekend.......

Nucking futs
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm loaning him my 540 for the weekend.......
Why when i can run my 555" ?
It was just a joke...its boring around here, thats all. I would love to run that race,but I have no boat to compete in. Isnt hack job going to race his?

lilrick
02-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Why when i can run my 555" ?
It was just a joke...its boring around here, thats all. I would love to run that race,but I have no boat to compete in. Isnt hack job going to race his?
I was bored too! dunno 'bout hack job.

Ralph Brunt
02-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Tim barrow your brothers boat and drop your engine in.
1) Ralph cj812 - Hornet
2) Terry cj410 - Rogers
3) Sr Cucci cj53 - Custom Cucci
4) Roger cj288 - Sleekcraft
5) Omar cj22 - Saguaro
6)Tim CJ214 - ????
where is the cj 72 boat?

lilrick
02-19-2007, 06:11 AM
good question Ralph. I'm gonna have to exclude someone from LUNCH!!

andy01
02-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I like men!!
What a homo......

Ralph Brunt
02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
link does'nt work for me

Goad
02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
http://www.socaljetboats.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10002/scjbheader_team.jpg (http://www.socaljetboats.com)
The staff at SoCalJetBoats.com is proud to announce that it has formed a team for the upcoming SCSC/APBA season opening race at Lake Ming in Bakersfield, CA on March 3rd and 4th. Team SoCalJetBoats.com consists of 3 boats which include Ralf (rwyyattb), Jim (Emanon Performance Marine), and Omar (beerjet). All 3 boats will be competing in the Nostalgia Jet class which at this point in time, there is 5 boats total. The team is currently seeking sponsorship. SoCalJetBoats.com is asking everyone to come be a spectator and support the team!

Ralph Brunt
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
glad to be part of the team
ralph

lilrick
02-22-2007, 07:51 PM
good work fellas.

Goad
02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.arsmarine.com/images/Logo.gif
SoCalJetBoats.com would like to announce that Team SoCalJetBoats.com has gained sponsorship from ARS Marine (http://www.arsmarine.com/). The team would like to extend many thanks to George and his crew over at ARS Marine (http://www.arsmarine.com/)!

lilrick
02-25-2007, 11:58 AM
This thing is definitely moving in the right direction!! Thanks to ARS!

sleekcrafter
02-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Suck it up boys while it lasts:D

lilrick
02-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Suck it up boys while it lasts:D
so what does that mean?

sleekcrafter
02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
so what does that mean?
take it and run!!!

Ralph Brunt
02-25-2007, 05:52 PM
how about you sleek maybe you would like to step up and make a contribution? :D
ralph

sleekcrafter
02-25-2007, 06:07 PM
how about you sleek maybe you would like to step up and make a contribution? :D
ralph
Not a problem, but it would need to be a local event to make it happen:cool:
Hell I might even join yea!

lilrick
02-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Sounds like there will be plenty of boats for the class to put on the schedule!!! I'm stoked for you guys.It's gonna be a blast.

Goad
02-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like there will be plenty of boats for the class to put on the schedule!!! I'm stoked for you guys.It's gonna be a blast.
I cant wait....got some more financial help lined up. Banner/Sticker Production starts tonight!

Placecraft Dragstar
02-27-2007, 04:14 AM
You ever see the movie Forest Gump? When the girl tells him RUN FOREST RUN

Ralph Brunt
02-27-2007, 06:23 AM
how about you FU RACING maybe you can step up like ARS and make a little donation to the team:D

Placecraft Dragstar
02-27-2007, 07:18 AM
how about you FU RACING maybe you can step up like ARS and make a little donation to the team:D
Donation? I have my own stuff to pay for. We will just let him take one for the team:D

sleekcrafter
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/16883Logo_800_x_700_pixels_0009-thumb.jpg
SoCalJetBoats.com would like to announce that Team SoCalJetBoats.com has gained sponsorship from Hi-Tech Marine (http://www.hi-techperformance.com ). The team would like to extend many thanks to Duane and his crew over at Hi-Tech Marine (http://www.hi-techperformance.com )!
Maybe you could get the name right Hi-Tech Performance:)

Ralph Brunt
02-28-2007, 07:22 PM
at least the link goes to the right place:eek:

flat broke
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
SoCalJetBoats.com would like to announce that Team SoCalJetBoats.com has gained sponsorship from Boat Racing Facts (http://www.boatracingfacts.com ).
The team would like to extend many thanks to Ron Hill and Ted March and there crew over at Boat Racing Facts (http://www.Boatracingfacts.com )!
Jim,
Can you do us all a favor and spare us a repeat of the endless whoring done for your enduro attempt. You wanna race your boat, cool, you wanna get sponsors to pay your way, cool. But try and refrain from subjecting people that are just interested in information about the race itself to the side effects of your endeavors. I.E. you want to give a shout out to your sponsors, start a thread specifically for that purpose. Then you'd have your own thread to post up about how Code Blue Racing, Emanon Performance Marine, or whatever you want to call yourself this year has managed to find a way for someone else to foot the bill for your recreational endeavors.
Chris