PDA

View Full Version : "Mandella Longdeck"

stickers
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Anyone know what years Mandella built the 2 seater Long deck and does anyone have any photo's. How'd they perform and ride? How difficult in finding one?
thanks,
stickers
"I Like Em All .... Just Some More Than Others"

Schiada Time
01-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I know they are super rare. Holy Moly had one which he moronically cut into a short deck. It is very nice and went to a new owner in AZ. Had a full valve paint job and blown small-block.
Schiada Time

Racey
01-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Check the link in my sig, we are building one right now.
here is another link to a complete one that one of our customers owns.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135133

HM
01-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I know they are super rare. Holy Moly had one which he moronically cut into a short deck. It is very nice and went to a new owner in AZ. Had a full valve paint job and blown small-block.
Schiada Time
Thanks for reminding me that I hacked a long deck. :D I claim ignorance...but atleast it came out super clean. And, now there is another owner of the boat in AZ...and I hear it is/was up for sale again.
They are fairly rare, but can be found and at a reasonable price.
They are more of a nostalgic piece, than a performance piece. I had the bottom blue printed and the motor was moved forward, and it still hopped. In rougher water, it is fun to drive because it is a rock solid tank. I had mine up to 98 mph on GPS and it scared the shit out of me....it is definitely a "drivers" boat at higher speeds - but, let me qualify that statement in that was the first time I had ever driven that speed. It would go 85 with decent control, but I found myself having to put more plate in the water other boats so that it wouldn't hop - which gave a feel of sucking down on the water. Most of the nostalgic pictures you see of these usually show them completely out of the water.
I don't know all the years they made the 2 seater long deck, but mine was a 72.

dmontzsta
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Most of the nostalgic pictures you see of these usually show them completely out of the water.
Probably cause it was caught during the hop. :) I think most of the older ski boats do that. My old Lavey did it starting at 60mph.

stickers
01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Holymoly, or anyone who cares to respond
what would you feel is a reasonable price if 1 with the majority of the hardware still with it and in decent but aged finished should go for? In looking for a project I'm seeing most of the boats regardless of make seem to be available less engine. which is fine with me I've got several different power options availble to use in a project. 427FE, 401nailhead,
thanks all for the input and reponse,
steve
"I Like Em All .... Just Some More Than Others"

Ex PSI Canyon
01-12-2007, 03:04 AM
For anyone interested Holy Moly's Mandella is for sale with 540c.i. Blown 14-71 Dart motor or without motor for 6k, Vale paint and very nice trailer. I will post pics tonight, the boat does not hop, only did that with the small block. Yes the dash was moved a little forward but still is one the prettiest hulls I've seen.

HM
01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
For anyone interested Holy Moly's Mandella is for sale with 540c.i. Blown 14-71 Dart motor or without motor for 6k, Vale paint and very nice trailer. I will post pics tonight, the boat does not hop, only did that with the small block. Yes the dash was moved a little forward but still is one the prettiest hulls I've seen.
You never told me you got the hop out. The tank just needed more weight or torque or both?
That is an F'ing steal at $6K.

HM
01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
How much with the motor?

Schiada Time
01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Go get it Frank. It would be so bitchin to have that boat back!
Travis

HM
01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Go get it Frank. It would be so bitchin to have that boat back!
Travis
Quit changing your name!!!!
I would go get it, but I got all my extra money (and then some) going into real estate right now. My "new" Campbell needs about $10K of work (gel coat, trailer work, some engine work) and I am not touching it for atleast a year.
I will eventually get it back...as you can see, it is on to the 3rd owner since I sold it, who is selling it...and it is still refered to as HolyMoly's Mandella. :D

Ex PSI Canyon
01-13-2007, 03:17 AM
The boat is still referred to as "why the hell would anyone cut the deck short on this boat " guys boat! . Your gonna shit when you see it! I'll try to go by there today and get pics