PDA

View Full Version : I just walked away from my dream!

Kilrtoy
01-11-2007, 01:18 AM
and it is very hard to accept.
1-MARY-2, 10-7 GOODNIGHT

Huckleberry
01-11-2007, 01:20 AM
HUH? What did you do Miguel? Quit? Lateral transfer? Or just your weekend?

LHC30Victory
01-11-2007, 01:41 AM
um, does that mean what I think it means??? If so, whatcha gonna do with yo self? Drive 4 wheels? :jawdrop:

EAZYKILLER2006
01-11-2007, 01:46 AM
and it is very hard to accept.
1-MARY-2, 10-7 GOODNIGHT
mary?~who the hell is mary?

Huckleberry
01-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Cop talk. If we tell ya we gotta kill ya. Super secret squirrel stuff.

LHC30Victory
01-11-2007, 01:55 AM
mary?~who the hell is mary?
That's secret gay talk for those guys that like to dress up in tight wool britches, tight shirts that show off their biceps and wear those riding boots. :eek:
oh ya, and they like to write tickets:D
(Mary = motorcycle):idea:

EAZYKILLER2006
01-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Cop talk. If we tell ya we gotta kill ya. Super secret squirrel stuff.
eazythere killa who has the gun?http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/gangsta.jpg:devil:

shockwaveharry
01-11-2007, 02:09 AM
That's secret gay talk for those guys that like to dress up in tight wool britches, tight shirts that show off their biceps and wear those riding boots. :eek:
7-MARY-3 said to 7-MARY-4
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/olesh99/MYSPACEPREMADELAYOUT/Myspace-Graphics/myspace-graphics-093.jpg
Remember that episode???

EAZYKILLER2006
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
7-MARY-3 said to 7-MARY-4
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c327/olesh99/MYSPACEPREMADELAYOUT/Myspace-Graphics/myspace-graphics-093.jpg
Remember that episode???
gee ahhy why

Huckleberry
01-11-2007, 02:31 AM
eazythere killa who has the gun?http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/gangsta.jpg:devil:
I be packin some big heat!

LHC30Victory
01-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey, I know that guy!!!

JetBoatRich
01-11-2007, 04:23 AM
What is the new plan:confused:

phebus
01-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Are you going to be driving a desk?

a catered life
01-11-2007, 07:06 AM
didn't you hear he's going to be an installer for directtv in havi:D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-11-2007, 07:39 AM
i just spit coffee all over:D hay can ya fix a ticket for me?it's for murder, got any advice how to get out of it:D
Well Mark if you got a ticket for murder you are already out of it go to MEXICO:D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-11-2007, 07:39 AM
KILR did you retire?? Answer your damn cell phone by the way:devil:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-11-2007, 07:44 AM
You know, regarding Ponch . . . what was the point of giving a Hispanic an Italian name? Was that to try to sell the show to people outside of the southwest?

phebus
01-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Once you've "Jumped the shark", I guess it's all downhill. :eek:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Miguel...
Sorry to hear this....:(
Good luck...
CJG

HocusPocus
01-11-2007, 08:26 AM
http://www.nsmc.com/Corporate/Krispy%20Kreme.JPG
owning a Krispy Kreme fanchise? :confused:

RitcheyRch
01-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry Kilr, but thats hilarious.
http://www.nsmc.com/Corporate/Krispy%20Kreme.JPG
owning a Krispy Kreme fanchise? :confused:

Daytona100
01-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Don,t know whats going on but if you need someone to babysit that beautiful wife of yours while you get settled give me a call!!!!!!!:D

YeLLowBoaT
01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
hb must be sliping... it took several post b4 some one busted out the dounut store.

dumbandyoung
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/boygirltrash/Jackie-shopped/voodoo-gay-cop.gif

riverroyal
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
retired?quit?

thumbs
01-11-2007, 04:55 PM
So why did you "walk away" from your dream job?

CA Stu
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
As one door closes, another one opens.
Congratulations and good luck on your next venture!
Thanks
CA Stu

Kachina26
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Needles is hiring conductors :idea:

MudPumper
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Maybe this is why???????
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137922

Jrocket
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Another hispanic hit the lotto?

Kilrtoy
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks all for the nice words and all, I made a choice to walk away rather than be forced out due to a medical issue. Yes another door opened up, behind a desk(and you thought my post count was high now), so I jumped(the shark) on it.
Also im a little more refined than KK its all about
http://www.westernbagel.com/images/wbtopnav_01.gif

Boatcop
01-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Miguel,
If you're looking for a "Summer Job" on the River, I night be able to help. ;)

Phat Matt
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks all for the nice words and all, I made a choice to walk away rather than be forced out due to a medical issue. Yes another door opened up, behind a desk(and you thought my post count was high now), so I jumped(the shark) on it.
Where is the desk at?

Moneypitt
01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Miguel,
Just remember, ICETEA, Boatcop don't want no stinking peppers........MP

JB in so cal
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Miguel,
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo:eek:

Jrocket
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo:eek:
No Shiat!

SummitKarl
01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
the vest issue?
Sorry to hear this Miguel, Officer is a very Honorable profession
bright side, is now your family can sleep in peace, knowing your not putting yourself in harms way every time you go to work;)
and now there is no reason to rush the 10-200 breaks:D

Member: 7673
01-11-2007, 06:22 PM
A King Taco or maybe a Taurino franchise in Havasu??:)

Dezertrider
01-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Do you know how to repair air conditioners????????????? If so I may have an offer for you!!!! Good luck and see you soon :)

Mandelon
01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
WTF? Good Luck.

boatnam2
01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
i was going to try and be funny and say get back in line behind andy01 dave will drop his pants again.but since its not funny good luck on the new job.

SnakeWrench
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Hmmm. Interesting.

SHOTKALLIN
01-11-2007, 08:10 PM
best of luck miguel

BOBALOO
01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
What's the new Thursday? I'll call you later fool!:D

H20Advantage
01-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow Miguel I'm a little floored right now. I was wondering if the commute had taken it's toll. Hate to hear it was a medical issue that caused you to walk away.
Take care and good luck out there............

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Good luck with your new assignment, Miguel.

Ziggy
01-11-2007, 09:49 PM
. Hate to hear it was a medical issue that caused you to walk away.
Take care and good luck out there............
Too many Hemroids from riding 1-Mary-2 :D:D
j/k Miguel ;) best of luck on the new future. :)

Flyinbowtie
01-12-2007, 09:15 AM
It sucks you had to walk away, Miguel.
It does sound like you got to live it for awhile, anyway.
That can't be a bad thing.
Best of luck to you in the new assignment.

LHC30Victory
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Hey Miguel, hopefully we will see ya this weekend. If not, give me a call.....

DILLIGAF
01-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Good luck on the new path Miguel.

HM
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Does this mean Miguel will actually get to harass adults now? :D

Kilrtoy
01-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Basically I devolped an allergic reation to the vest , I have been thru 3 vest in the past 6 months and nothing has worked. desk job opened and it was offered so rather than continue down the path I was on and risk becoming retired, I accepted the job, reluctently. On a postive note, I gave up my Beemer for a SS camaro.:D
And BOBALOO, every night is now thursday night:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

XFactor
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Miguel,
Are you still working out of the Pico office? Now that your at a desk and driving a car, you or your fellow officers may need some collision damage repairs. If so, keep me in mind. I'm not far away. ;) :D ;)

Redneck
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Basically I devolped an allergic reation to the vest , I have been thru 3 vest in the past 6 months and nothing has worked. desk job opened and it was offered so rather than continue down the path I was on and risk becoming retired, I accepted the job, reluctently. On a postive note, I gave up my Beemer for a SS camaro.:D
And BOBALOO, every night is now thursday night:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
damm man boobs always rub on the vest

phebus
01-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Ha Ha Ha, very funny :)

Flyinbowtie
01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
It seems to me that PORAC should start developing some kind of database that contains information on stuff like this, and all the other crap that seems to take cops out before they make it to retirement. It wouldn't have to contain any names or identifiers, just a place a cop, or his attorney/doctor, could go to determine if/how many/how bad fellow officers have suffered from any given problem. With all the HIPPA (medical privacy) laws out there, it is damn near impossible to find out who's got what, how they got it, and how they got rid of it or otherwise got treatment.
Fer instance, all the guys in our office that worked in the "old" jail are in an open-ended comp claim for exposure to asbestos. The county denied, lied, looked the other way for years, the DSA finally had the stuff falling from the ceiling tested, and sure as hell it was asbestos. :mad: We used to have to wipe the stuff off of the table before we could sit down to write a report.
Nobody has got cancer yet, but if we hadn't done that and a bunch of us started dying, you can rest assured the county would NEVER allow the info out that more than one guy was sick, unless they were under a court order. They would hope that none of us old guys talked to each other and start lying, denying, etc. all over again.
I think the cops/firefighters/etc. that are constantly exposed to this shiznit should be able to research files and see what the heck the last guy did that got whatever.
If Kilr is allergic to something in a vest, you can rest assured that he ain't the only one, but with all the privacy stuff out there, the only ones that know are the insurance carriers. From personal experinece, I can tell ya they ain't on our side..

AirtimeLavey
01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Damn, too bad that vest issue can't be worked out. Sounds like a tough change, but like someone said, at least your family can sleep a little easier. Change can be a good thing. Not having a rash will def. be a good thing. Good luck to you. :cool:

phebus
01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
I know on the Dept. that I came from, the best thing you can do to protect yourself, is to document all exposures (forms are available), and document all injuries (again, in writing).
Who knows what seemingly innocent incident may haunt you in the future.
Protect yourself, and don't rely on the Dept. ever backing you!!!

Mandelon
01-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Damn, Miggy, watch what you eat now. You don't want to get secretary ass. :D

Cole Trickle
01-12-2007, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy;2335053]Basically I devolped an allergic reation to the vest , I have been thru 3 vest in the past 6 months and nothing has worked. desk job opened and it was offered so rather than continue down the path I was on and risk becoming retired, I accepted the job, reluctently. On a postive note, I gave up my Beemer for a SS camaro.:D
And BOBALOO, every night is now thursday night:eek: :eek: QUOTE]
What material are Tater Proof Vest's made from?:D :devil:
Sorry to hear about the trouble....Hopefully it all turns out for the good!!:)
<------ Would rather roll a SS than a BMW :D;)

Flyinbowtie
01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I know on the Dept. that I came from, the best thing you can do to protect yourself, is to document all exposures (forms are available), and document all injuries (again, in writing).
Who knows what seemingly innocent incident may haunt you in the future.
Protect yourself, and don't rely on the Dept. ever backing you!!!
A statement like that was part of the first-shift-before-we-go-down-to-the-car briefing back when I was an FTO in the mid-eighties.
It is a shame, but that is exactly the truth.

IN2-IN2MX
01-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Crap! I'm always the last to know. Sorry to hear this Miguel. So is your desk job here or in Havi?

Mandelon
01-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Crap! I'm always the last to know. Sorry to hear this Miguel. So is your desk job here or in Havi?
Its because we all like to keep secrets from you. :jawdrop:

SHOTKALLIN
01-12-2007, 02:02 PM
That can't be it they make these:D
http://www.usarmor.com/ourproducts/prodlink_conceal_ovr.jpg

little rowe boat
01-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Were you able to figure out what it is about the vest you are allergic to ??

ChumpChange
01-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Were you able to figure out what it is about the vest you are allergic to ??
All the donut crumbs imbedded in it? :D

Kilrtoy
01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
In a nut shell this is becoming a huge problem throught out the industry. Alot of people are coming down with this issue, most are very small cases that do not progress beyond a small patch of dry skin, in a few rare cases they get to the point I did, lucky me.
The easiest way to describe this just like the DR told me, You have second degree burns. It is very painful and leaves permanant scaring I know of a few cases from LASO and LAPD where officers have been medically retire due to this. At this time all they can say is you are having a reaction to your vest, they honestly dont know.

HM
01-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I have an allergic reaction to bullets. They tend to make me bleed and leave permenant scars.

phebus
01-12-2007, 02:56 PM
In a nut shell this is becoming a huge problem throught out the industry. Alot of people are coming down with this issue, most are very small cases that do not progress beyond a small patch of dry skin, in a few rare cases they get to the point I did, lucky me.
The easiest way to describe this just like the DR told me, You have second degree burns. It is very painful and leaves permanant scaring I know of a few cases from LASO and LAPD where officers have been medically retire due to this. At this time all they can say is you are having a reaction to your vest, they honestly dont know.
Have DCB make you a billet orange one. Duh........................:D

GUGS102
01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Depending on the vests construction and materials, there are many potential problems. Not an expert in LE vest issues, but have experience with the same composite materials in other applications, nasty stuff. All is takes is molecule sized pieces to cause reactions, embedding and in some instances the material will go through the skin and keep going.
Althought the vest is composite, the lining that holds it is usually not, how difficult is it for a "stronger than steel" material to work its way through the cotton/poly holder/lining and get imbedded in your skin.
Best of luck

Riomouse911
01-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Good luck on the skin issue, I know people who've had them and they really suck.

phebus
01-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Kilr, I thought you had thick skin? :D

probablecause
01-12-2007, 03:39 PM
So what the hell are you going to be doing? Tell me it is not going to be sales for the red light intersection cameras OR selling the hand held ticket writers.

Never Too Old
01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't lose your sense of humor, Kilr...

Jrocket
01-12-2007, 04:10 PM
So the vest is rubbing on your man boobs? :D
Best of luck in the new job posistion.

shueman
01-12-2007, 04:31 PM
WOW....incredible...:eek:
Best to ya going foreward.... :cool:

Nucking futs
01-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow Ktoy, looks like the school board ok'd your transfer to occupy the desk next to the principal. So much for chasing all the kickballs around the school yard. Good luck Ponch!!!!
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~acs4555/ponch.jpg
I love mrs.killers smile too, its such a turn on!!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/henryjaffephoto/pix/horse.jpg

No Name
01-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Good luck KT.

acatitude
01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
good luck kilr, had same issues back in late seventies but then it was just aw you sweat to much,,,, yup we had vests and puters back then even, its just the friggin horses hated the antena's velcrod to their ears:D :D

Waldo
01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Try Arbonne...your nips will never be the same. :D

Ultracrazy
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Kilr, I thought you had thick skin? :D
:D

Kokopelli
01-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Going through the same thing right now. Have worn a vest for 18 years, then bam. Dermatologists say that it "just happens". Three of the motors on my team have the same thing, just not as bad. All of us usually just go to our personal doctors. Maybe if everyone started filing WC claims, someone would research this.
There has to be some connection to a new material in the vests, because its becoming more widespread. It sucks to go through the itching and scarring, but wouldn't think of not wearing a vest while in the field.

nodigg
01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Best o luck Miguel...Welcome to fulltime Havi?

GHT
01-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Mig..
Sorry to hear you have to go to another position. It really sucks, after all of the work and angles you have tried.... Maybe, you can turn this into something that will profit you better (more opertunities)...
At least they have a position for you to move to.... That's more than they had for you 8 months ago..
Good luck..;)

Bre
01-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear this Kilrtoy. Are you moving to Det. now so u can sit behind a desk? Hopefully it is something either closer or with the same pay.

Kilrtoy
01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear this Kilrtoy. Are you moving to Det. now so u can sit behind a desk? Hopefully it is something either closer or with the same pay.
Actually I will be seeing you more now Bre,
I will be spending alot of time at the STAR center doing various things down there....

Bre
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Actually I will be seeing you more now Bre,
I will be spending alot of time at the STAR center doing various things down there....
Awesome :) I heard that they were going to move the Academy back out to the East LA location they had it at before by next yr? Who knows if it's true, but I know that won't change anything for you. At least this way your a lil closer to Havasu. Well I am there each day from 230-500 or so right now... and starting next week I will be there all day. Just don't make my ass stand out too much ;)

chub
01-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Good luck in your endeavors!

atomickitn
01-13-2007, 10:51 PM
wow this sucks mig , hope your new venture go's well for you ..

Trailer Park Casanova
01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Big step, best wishes on your next move.
Good to do it early in your working career.
My dads best advice was the three most important things in your life are:
1: Where you live.
2: Who you marry
3: Your working career choice
You've done right on the first two, #3 should come easy.