PDA

View Full Version : Cell service-Havasu

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Well. I have had it with Verizon out here in Havasu. Verizon doesn't have a cell site here, so they contract with Mohave Cellular for contact through one of their's. Yesterday, I had no cell service, so I contacted Verizon, and they said nothing was wrong with my phone, but that the Mohave cell site couldn't authenticate my phone's signal, so I couldn't make calls. I asked them what I could do about it, and they told me that I was screwed, and my service would be spotty at best.
I have lived here for over six months, and although my service wasn't the best, it was acceptable. Now, I need to change companies, and I've heard that Sprint was the best out here for local service. Opinions? Best phone to get?

franky
01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
SPRINT works great out here.

OutCole'd
01-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Talk to John, Nextel4U here on the boards. He does Sprint & Nextel and has saved me millions......

HocusPocus
01-11-2007, 08:22 AM
we have sprint, never had any problems at havi.

shadow
01-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Rick we have sprint and never have any problems.:)

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Talk to John, Nextel4U here on the boards. He does Sprint & Nextel and has saved me millions......
PM sent.
Millions? Baller :D

Throttle
01-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Rick we have sprint and never have any problems.:)
i hear they have crappy customer service, but having phone service is more important than not... the price we pay:mad: I have not had any problems with verizon in havi, i think its your hearing rick.

Starloans
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
When I first started spending a lot of time in Havasu 4-5 years ago, my Verizon was shitty. Like you describe, no service or spotty at best. I moved here last year and kept my Verizon. I also upgraded my phone about the same time but was still planning to change to Sprint. The service got better. Still got Verizon. Rarely have a problem now. Sometimes I drop a call around Wal-Mart but that's about it. You may want to check your phone to see if an upgrade will help you. I'm don't know that it was the upgrade for sure but I'm ok.
You will not be able to use any special features with Verizon out here like picture messaging, Get it Now, download ringtones, etc. unless you go out on the lake or to Parker and pick up a Verizon tower. I can use text messaging but that's it.
Good luck.

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I didn't have any real problems until yesterday..............
The Verizon customer service was great, but they explained that when they contract out for the use of other providers cell sites, the user is stuck with the service, or lack of, that is provided through that company. They said that the Mohave Cellular site they contract with out here, was operating at it's capacity, and that contracted calls would suffer first, and the most.
So, a new provider it is.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Why is it that every other call service provider seems to have a tower out there but Verizon does not?

OutCole'd
01-11-2007, 08:44 AM
PM sent.
Millions? Baller :D
Could even be Billions....

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Why is it that every other call service provider seems to have a tower out there but Verizon does not?
I have always been happy with Verizon, so I asked if a cell site was planned in the near future. They said none is planned within the next quarter, and that was all the information they had.
The service rep was very nice, and honest, and he said that Havasu was about as big a hole in the Verizon service area that he could find.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Ditto! Sprint rocks out there. They have hy-bred phones now so you get Nextel and Sprint!!!!!!
John is very helpful!

phebus
01-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone have Cingular out here?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Anyone have Cingular out here?
I tried it and it sucks as bad as Verizon

yopengo
01-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I have Cingular and am on the North side of town (near the high school). I would say it is so so. Better signal out on the lake.

Dream Chaser
01-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I still have a ATT chip in my phone and has worked about 98% of time on the river and the lake. My work wants me to change to T-Mobile. Anybody have experience with T-Mobile in Havasu and on the River?
Also looking for a new phone were the phone numbers and contacts have some LARGE FONT so don't have to put my glasses on to read the stupid thing any suggestions on phones? Currently I have a motorola V551.Thanks!!

ClownRoyal
01-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I have Verizon and a company Sprint. Sprint works excellent in Havasu. My Verizon worked like crap. But when I got a new phone about 6 months ago it works alot better now. However to get voicemail I have to dial my own number rather then *86.

phebus
01-11-2007, 09:09 AM
All this is too much to think about. I'm going to Peggy's for breakfast. :D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-11-2007, 09:10 AM
All this is too much to think about. I'm going to Peggy's for breakfast. :D
You asked!!! Where the hell is Peggys?

lalhc
01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Let me know if you guys need any assistance w/Sprint. I have my own dealership and sell the complete line of Sprint phones, PDA's, and Aircards. You can view all the phones & rates @ www.sts-usa.net

BoatFloating
01-11-2007, 09:17 AM
How about 2 tin cans and string.... Hell who do you gotta all AA :D

lalhc
01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Cell service-Havasu
Well. I have had it with Verizon out here in Havasu. Verizon doesn't have a cell site here, so they contract with Mohave Cellular for contact through one of their's. Yesterday, I had no cell service, so I contacted Verizon, and they said nothing was wrong with my phone, but that the Mohave cell site couldn't authenticate my phone's signal, so I couldn't make calls. I asked them what I could do about it, and they told me that I was screwed, and my service would be spotty at best.
I have lived here for over six months, and although my service wasn't the best, it was acceptable. Now, I need to change companies, and I've heard that Sprint was the best out here for local service. Opinions? Best phone to get?
Check you PM's

HatenWinter
"Anyone have Cingular out here?"
We have Cingular, the service is pretty good all over out there with the exception of the southern portion of the lake(Steamboat Cove and beyond), other than that, no complaints!

Throttle
You asked!!! Where the hell is Peggys?
Peggy's is another place in town that reserves front row parking for Rick... (wheel chair access)...

a catered life
01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I have Verizon and a company Sprint. Sprint works excellent in Havasu. My Verizon worked like crap. But when I got a new phone about 6 months ago it works alot better now. However to get voicemail I have to dial my own number rather then *86.
yea i agree verizon has been ok so far but i just visit havi but i do hate having to call my whole number to get voice mails