PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Armada Advise

redneckcharlie
01-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Does anybody have any feedback on the Nissan Armada? Looking for a midsize suv, that won't break the bank so to speak. Any input would be greatly appreciatted!:D

jayd_jr
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Does anybody have any feedback on the Nissan Armada? Looking for a midsize suv, that won't break the bank so to speak. Any input would be greatly appreciatted!:D
Have had one for 2 years now its a great SUV. Very roomy inside comfortable for the kids as well. We have the captains chairs in the rear and its great for entry to the back seat.
As far as towing it does great with our boat. Has a self leveling device for towing as well as a shift point adjuster while towing.
I would buy another hands down.

Jyruiz
01-11-2007, 02:54 PM
We have one, have had it since late 04, the only problem we had was the breaks, but that has been resolved for a while now. I test drove all of them and went with the Armada, it is one heck of an SUV. More interior room than any other in its class, even on the third row, tows great, and it does 0-60 in the 7's, freaking great for an SUV this size. The only thing I wish was that it would come with better tires on the non off road ones.

redneckcharlie
01-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm looking for a run around vehicle to put people in. I've got a f250 for towing, so thats not an issue. I'm needing an everyday driver thats easier to get into, not for me, just the old lady(so to speak). Shes only 5'4 and has a little trouble getting in my 250. i'm sure the eleven inches of lift and thirty sevens don't help, but getting rid of my truck is not an option! Neither are nerf bars.:jawdrop:

jayd_jr
01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm looking for a run around vehicle to put people in. I've got a f250 for towing, so thats not an issue. I'm needing an everyday driver thats easier to get into, not for me, just the old lady(so to speak). Shes only 5'4 and has a little trouble getting in my 250. i'm sure the eleven inches of lift and thirty sevens don't help, but getting rid of my truck is not an option! Neither are nerf bars.:jawdrop:
Its good for that as well. My "Old Lady" is 5'-1" and has no problems. The side running boards are great.

Charley
01-11-2007, 03:17 PM
We have had one for over a year... I really like it... the Nissan is a little plastic-y on the interior but definitely bigger feeling inside than a tahoe or expedition...got some giddyup too :D

BajaMike
01-11-2007, 03:18 PM
My brother had one, I thought it was a nice car, he got a left over new one for about $30,000.
I'll can say is the re-sale on them is horible. He sold it after 2 years, 48 month financing, 0% interest, and was still upside down.
If you keep it a long time, that is probably not an issue. But for re-sale, I would go for a Toyota...they really hold thier value (but are probably a lot more expensive).
:idea:

buzzaro
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Theres some pretty slick steps that hide away under the truck normally and then drop down when you open the door.

redneckcharlie
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
i've seen the kodiaks and such, i wish someone made some that were completely hidden. i just don't have the time to fab what i really want. a second vehicle is really a necessary evil at this point. what kind of fuel economy have you guys been seeing with the v8 in the armada? have there been any kind of maintenance issues? was the dealer support decent for warranty work?

socal87
01-11-2007, 03:48 PM
I put these Amp Electric Steps on my truck and they were the best investment we put on the truck. They are very well hidden when the door closes. They might not help you because you have such a big lift but it is worth a shot.
http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=3

Jyruiz
01-11-2007, 03:59 PM
i've seen the kodiaks and such, i wish someone made some that were completely hidden. i just don't have the time to fab what i really want. a second vehicle is really a necessary evil at this point. what kind of fuel economy have you guys been seeing with the v8 in the armada? have there been any kind of maintenance issues? was the dealer support decent for warranty work?
The best milage I have seen was 21 mpg on the HWY not going over 70mph, but that was my wife driving, I never go that slow. The Armada has a 28g tank and I get to Havasu with 3 quarters of a tank averaging between 75mph and 80mph leaving our place in CA on a Friday night with all that bumper to bumper. I use about 18 gallons each way and I am 296 miles from door to door.
I get our Armada serviced at Cerritos Nissan and I have never had a problem, good turn around times too.

redneckcharlie
01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks Socal, have you had any problems with your steps? they were having some issues when they first came out. Did you buy yours online?

socal87
01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
No I didnt buy them from that website. I bought them from a place in the San Fernando Valley for a 1000. Then I had a local shop install them for me. I ended paying like 1200 installed so it wasnt that bad. Havent had any problems with them and Ive had them for about 9 months.