PDA

View Full Version : Jet boat and Vdrive headers?

Running_on_Empty
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok....I am lookinf for some headers for a 1976 sanger bubble deck v drive......will jet headers work on a v-drive? and will v-drive headers work on a jet? what is the difference....is there something I should keep in mind as a try to purchase a set of headers?

Tom Brown
01-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Jet boats. lol!

Jbb
01-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Well....look what the Canadian moose just dragged in....

Tom Brown
01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Moo.

Jbb
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
You are pissin me off ....Brown.....:mad:

Moneypitt
01-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Ok....I am lookinf for some headers for a 1976 sanger bubble deck v drive......will jet headers work on a v-drive? and will v-drive headers work on a jet? what is the difference....is there something I should keep in mind as a try to purchase a set of headers?
Headers do one job. They allow exhaust out of the engine. They come in different heights, lengths, and widths, and tube size, collector length and shape, etc etc etc. Now, if you're running water thru them, you would want them to extend past the transom, no water, no sweat where they end. Jet engines sit in a boat different than v drive engines, so some headers are designed for each. The side clearance can also be an issue with some of the narrow v drive boats, and some of the twisty headers will blister the paint, actually either type can blister the paint, when running on the trailer as there is no cooling air passing the tubes. How high does your engine sit in the boat? Are the spark plugs above the gunnels? How long to clear the transom? And how much side clearance? As you can see, one size does not fit all.........MP