PDA

View Full Version : Darn Floor Jack

WETDAWG
04-18-2003, 04:31 PM
:mad: :mad:
My darn floor jack started leaking, and wont hold any pressure. Anyone know of a place in Orange County that repairs these things?
It always happens when ya need it the most :mad:
Gotta get my boat BACK on the trailer and need the jack to do it!
S#*T devil

Fired Up
04-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Have you tried taking the cylinder apart? Its not much more than just o-rings in a cylinder, some valving and springs. Once you have the old o-rings go to your local hardware store and find replacements. Not knowing the age or brand of your floor jack may be next to impossible to try and find the exact rebuild kit. Good Luck.

DaytonaU
04-18-2003, 08:41 PM
jack x change anaheim

wfodude
04-19-2003, 01:10 AM
unless you're in love with that jack it may be cheaper to buy a new one.I had a really great heine warner that started to take a dump. the estimate was 125.00 to fix it.I bought a generic one from Kragen that has worked for 3 years now for around 50 bucks.

DansBlown73Nordic
04-19-2003, 02:07 AM
Watch out for those Dam floor jacks.......... burningm I was putting my Nordic in the garage. I was dragging the jack with the handle end about two feet off the ground. The handle fell off and the jack crushed the End of my FOOT......... burningm cry eek!

slotracer
04-19-2003, 05:21 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop that hurts just thinking about it. pat(slotracer)

dossangers
04-19-2003, 09:21 AM
WETDAWG:
:mad: :mad:
My darn floor jack started leaking, and wont hold any pressure. Anyone know of a place in Orange County that repairs these things?
It always happens when ya need it the most :mad:
Gotta get my boat BACK on the trailer and need the jack to do it!
S#*T devil jack exchange just had mine rebuilt almost cost as much as a new one but mine had centimental value charged me 130.00 for complete overhaul.

78Eliminator
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Just go to harbor frieght and get a new one for a C-note. After all, you need to support cheap, chinese slave labor.

WETDAWG
04-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I kinda have an emotional attachment to this one :D ....................It's like my boat....Old, Leaky , but usually reliable :p

78Eliminator
04-21-2003, 03:06 PM
When it comes to placing my body under something that could crush me, "usually reliable" doesn't count. Get a new one.

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2003, 04:08 PM
We just buried a friend of mine about a month and a half ago. He was working under his truck when the jack gave way and crushed him. He had been having problems with the jack bleeding off for quite a while.
I would spring for a new one.

78Eliminator
04-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Sleek-Jet:
We just buried a friend of mine about a month and a half ago. He was working under his truck when the jack gave way and crushed him. He had been having problems with the jack bleeding off for quite a while.
I would spring for a new one. No way!! I'm really sorry to hear that...

Just Tool'n
04-21-2003, 06:49 PM
You might try kimmerelee brothers. I think they are in Santa Fe springs.
Allways use good jack stands! I do not know how many times I have heard about jacks failing & eating up someone good! Just my experiance of 18 years in the tool business!

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2003, 07:11 PM
78Eliminator:
Sleek-Jet:
I would spring for a new one. No way!! I'm really sorry to hear that... Yep, it was pretty tragic. He was a hot boater, and always ready to lend a hand. I almost bought a Tahiti Jet boat from him a couple years ago. Here's his obit. (http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bin/obit_generation.asp?article_type=obit&article_path=/obituaries/obit0302.htm#Caudill)
And like JustTool'n, Jack stands everybody... evertime!!
[ April 21, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

WETDAWG
04-21-2003, 07:19 PM
OK Ya'll taked me into it! :(
I am off to get a new jack tomorrow!
Sorry about your bud. Our prayers are with him!
WD

72Spectra
04-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Hate to hear stuff like that. But never never never trust a jack. Always use a jack stand, an old wheel or something and always chock the tires so whatever your working on wont move!!!!

Fiat48
04-22-2003, 09:53 PM
Just in case anybody wants to fix an old jack, I found many use metric O rings. After much searching, I found Cat has gone to all metric O rings and they have about every size there is. A $3.00 O ring (famous Cat markup) fixed my leaking jack. Even has a Cat part number molded right into the O ring!