PDA

View Full Version : Trailer fenders, where can I find 'em ?

1968Droptop
01-12-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm having trouble finding fenders for my trailer. The local trailer shop (6 Robblees) had everything I needed to completely rebuild my braking system, and more. But they don't have fenders the right size. My fenders measure 67" end to end at the bottom, they only had 66", 68", etc. I tried to match mine up to the ones they have, nothing even close to what I need. They told me that's the only ones they can get. I measured my buddy's fenders, his were 65", and they have nothing even close to that size available. I also noticed the ones they had were much thinner metal than mine, which isn't gunna be that great when I step on them to get in the boat. This makes me think I need to source them from somewhere else.
I need 67" x 9" to cover the Weld Drag Lites I just mounted on the boat trailer. I'm hoping to get what they called a 'tear drop' style. Thanks as always guys !

OKIE-JET
01-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Look at some of the "tractor supply" or farm stores in your area, they're usually of a better quality off the shaelf than at a trailer shop, but rarely come in chrome. We have an Atwoods store here...29.95 14 gauge teardrop.:)

Mr. Crusader 83
01-12-2007, 11:47 AM
ebay.com

LakesOnly
01-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Northern Tool has a fair selection under "Trailers & Parts." I don't see any 65-inch ones, though....can't believe that one inch difference (for a 66-inch fenter) matters. If the aesthetics bother you that much, couldn't you slide your axles 1/2-inch apart each? Or tweak or trim the fenders?
www.northerntool.com/
LO

Schiada Time
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Fenders N More in Pacoima Ca. Call info for the number. I measured up what specs I needed on my old Hallett trailer and they built them for me. we lowered them over the low pro Toyo rubber and Weld wheels for that cool lowered look.

1968Droptop
01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm not after chrome, just plain old metal ones.
The 1" made a huge difference in the way they looked. My current ones follow the curvature of the tire. The replacement ones flare out rapidly, which makes them look funny on the trailer. If I had a nice gap on the top, there was double that gap half way down the side of the wheel, nothing at all like what came off of the trailer. They just don't look right if you know what I mean.
I'll look up fenders n more and see what I can find out.

Cheyenne580
01-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I have a pair.I might let go.If you are interested let me know and i will get the size and a couple of pic's.They are 10 inches wide by 55 inches long.
Jim
cheyenne580@mchsi.com

HotRod Sprint
01-13-2007, 03:09 PM
If I remember correctly your trailer is a Competitive. Why not just call them and see if they will sell you a replacement set.
Rod

sanger455
01-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Go to this site http://www.redneck-trailer.com/ i have delt with them for years