PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor..

Jbb
01-12-2007, 12:00 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21837&stc=1&d=1168631831
Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptVeNY03S-4)
Medal Of Honor Citation for Cpl. Jason L. Dunham
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a Rifle Squad Leader, 4th Platoon, Company K, Third Battalion, Seventh Marines (Reinforced), Regimental Combat Team 7, First Marine Division (Reinforced), on 14 April 2004. Corporal Dunham's squad was conducting a reconnaissance mission in the town of Karabilah, Iraq, when they heard rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire erupt approximately two kilometers to the west. Corporal Dunham led his Combined Anti-Armor Team towards the engagement to provide fire support to their Battalion Commander's convoy, which had been ambushed as it was traveling to Camp Husaybah. As Corporal Dunham and his Marines advanced, they quickly began to receive enemy fire. Corporal Dunham ordered his squad to dismount their vehicles and led one of his fire teams on foot several blocks south of the ambushed convoy. Discovering seven Iraqi vehicles in a column attempting to depart, Corporal Dunham and his team stopped the vehicles to search them for weapons. As they approached the vehicles, an insurgent leaped out and attacked Corporal Dunham. Corporal Dunham wrestled the insurgent to the ground and in the ensuing struggle saw the insurgent release a grenade. Corporal Dunham immediately alerted his fellow Marines to the threat. Aware of the imminent danger and without hesitation, Corporal Dunham covered the grenade with his helmet and body, bearing the brunt of the explosion and shielding his Marines from the blast. In an ultimate and selfless act of bravery in which he was mortally wounded, he saved the lives of at least two fellow Marines. By his undaunted courage, intrepid fighting spirit, and unwavering devotion to duty, Corporal Dunham gallantly gave his life for his country, thereby reflecting great credit upon himself and upholding the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.

BajaMike
01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
That guy is one bad-ass, courageous dude!
Taking a grenade for his buddies, the Marines and our country!
Amazing......my hero!
:idea:

Keith E. Sayre
01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't pale in comparison.
Keith Sayre

HocusPocus
01-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Semper Fi
http://www.palletmastersworkshop.com/images/MCPride.jpg

Scream
01-12-2007, 12:35 PM
What an amazing man. It's stories like these that make you sit back and think about what is most important, really important in life...Thank God there are people in our here and now that are courageous enough and willing to make such a selfless act.

Jetboatguru
01-12-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks for posting that up Brian

fat rat
01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
The ultimate sacriface............God speed Cpl..

Rattle Can Lou
01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
This is the picture of Bush from the ceremony. It's on the front of the Drudge Report.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/autobody9/presbush.jpg?t=1168636690

Biglue
01-12-2007, 01:30 PM
His actions were so movie like. I wish there was something I could do to help his family fill the void he left in their lives. This story really touched my soul.
God Bless.

Flyinbowtie
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
They plant I.E.D.'s to kill themselves, random citizens, or our soldiers, whichever comes first.
Our soldiers, when seeing the grenades, I.E.D.'s etc., jump on them to save thier fellow soldiers, citizens, etc.
If there could be a clearer example of the difference between us and those we are fighting, I don't know what it could possibly be.
Godspeed, Corporal. You were the best of the best.

Jbb
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
His actions were so movie like. I wish there was something I could do to help his family fill the void he left in their lives. This story really touched my soul.
God Bless.
Stories like this, for some reason ....sometimes get glossed over by the media
let alone this thread has many less replies than one about bar fight stories...
sign of the times I guess..

spectratoad
01-12-2007, 06:23 PM
May he never be forgotten. Godspeed to another HERO!!!!!

Miss Perfect
01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
What unbelievable bravery he showed. God Speed and may he RIP.
There was another story similar to this one that I heard this week about Pfc. Ross McGinnis. I beleive he is being recommended for the Medal of Honor.

Ultracrazy
01-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Ya know the word "Hero" gets tossed around pretty loosely nowdays, especially after 911.. Seemed like every cop or fire fighter in the country was suddenly a Hero.
Stories like this is when the word "Hero" comes to mind. This man did a selfless act in order to save his comrades that cost him his life, that in itself is "Heroic." A job occupation does not make somebody a hero.
RD
Very true........this guy is a hero from the word go.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Good post.
The Marine Corps is very stingy about awarding medals.
Very rare a Marine recieves any honor, especially the Medal of Honor.

v-drive
01-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Ya know the word "Hero" gets tossed around pretty loosely nowdays, especially after 911.. Seemed like every cop or fire fighter in the country was suddenly a Hero.
Stories like this is when the word "Hero" comes to mind. This man did a selfless act in order to save his comrades that cost him his life, that in itself is "Heroic." A job occupation does not make somebody a hero.
RD
DITTO....

SmokinLowriderSS
01-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Semper Fi
http://www.palletmastersworkshop.com/images/MCPride.jpg
That just about says it.
Thx for your service Cpl. You will be greatly missed.

mmered8299
01-13-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm doing a job for a hero right now. He is a Firefighter and last week He and two other firefighters crawled into a burning apartment full of flames and smoke and pulled a baby out of there. He said he was on all fours just fealing around for something that resembles a kid. Unbeliveable!

ratso
01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow...:(
I was a Bush supporter, but stories like these stop and make you think, especially with the intention of sending more troops over...:confused: That's really all I have to say.