PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor fuel pump recommendations!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-12-2007, 01:38 PM
What would be a good fuel pump to run on a 502 BBC with a blower shop blower and stock gm rectangle port heads?

jrork
01-12-2007, 02:28 PM
What would be a good fuel pump to run on a 502 BBC with a blower shop blower and stock gm rectangle port heads?
Wait a regoddamnminute! You going blower too? Everybody I know is going that route.
Hell, that does it, where's that 2bbl that I picked up for grins a the swap meet. I may not be able to pull away from the boat launch but I'll be saving some serious gas..........by the way, yes I'm jealous
Manual pump or electric?

WannabeRacing
01-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow. We are going to need a little more on that. What fuel? Pump gas, race gas, alcohol, etc? Carbs, mechanical injection, efi? Boost, size of blower, etc.
And Jrork, I know that you don't know me, but I will never go with a blower. So you know someone, just not well, that isn't going that route. Maybe we should start a club.

jrork
01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow. We are going to need a little more on that. What fuel? Pump gas, race gas, alcohol, etc? Carbs, mechanical injection, efi? Boost, size of blower, etc.
And Jrork, I know that you don't know me, but I will never go with a blower. So you know someone, just not well, that isn't going that route. Maybe we should start a club.
Can I talk you into running a fatty Rochester 2bbl? :D
Sorry Spit......didnt mean to hijack your thread:) :)

zipper
01-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't know if you got the pics of my motor
but I got a blown 540 with a blower shop blower
and I went with a mechanical fuel pump by quickfuel.
I got it from jegs part#793-30-205 hope this help's;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Wait a regoddamnminute! You going blower too? Everybody I know is going that route.
Hell, that does it, where's that 2bbl that I picked up for grins a the swap meet. I may not be able to pull away from the boat launch but I'll be saving some serious gas..........by the way, yes I'm jealous
Manual pump or electric?
Naw brotha, its for my friend;) Im still going to my origional 540plan;)
We need a electrical pump for my friend;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I don't know if you got the pics of my motor
but I got a blown 540 with a blower shop blower
and I went with a mechanical fuel pump by quickfuel.
I got it from jegs part#793-30-205 hope this help's;)
I totally forgot to email you back. You have one very nice mill;) He cant run a mechanical pump. He has a 502 block. No fuel pump pad:(

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-12-2007, 05:13 PM
My bad Buzz. I should have gave more info;)
19ft eliminator jetboat
stock 502 BBC
Barry grant 1150 single carb
256 blowershop billet blower 5-6lbs of boost
EMI exhaust
He defininately needs to upgrade his fuel lines and fuel pump. He will be running Avgas this season. Any more info just let me know;)
Jork is just jerking my chain a litle because Im going to a new hull and new mill:D

vee-driven
01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
i runnin a 468 with 8-71 mooneyham, 13 lbs boost on av gas with a barry grant 280 electric pump runs great, any body need a motor see above.

DMOORE
01-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I totally forgot to email you back. You have one very nice mill;) He cant run a mechanical pump. He has a 502 block. No fuel pump pad:(
My motors run a Mercruiser raw water pump/ fuel pump off a belt, in addition to an electrical pump.
Darrell.
PS. I run 10lbs of boost.