PDA

View Full Version : Carb iceing

BCJETTER
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Enjoy all info on here. Never see anything about anybody having trouble with carb ice or the intake before blower iceing up. I have trouble at around 50 deg f. What do you guys do. I can not move to warmer climate. TY.

YeLLowBoaT
01-12-2007, 02:16 PM
maybe bumb up your operating temp a little. so more heat gets transfered up the system. or you could warm up the air using heat from your exhuast.

centerhill condor
01-12-2007, 02:25 PM
I usually run year 'round and haven't had this problem...I like what the other guy said about warmer engine.

BCJETTER
01-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks I run 190-200 depends how much foot I got into it. Carb and intake on a 1071 blower and that where I have problems. Heat from exhaust would be hard as exhaust is wet. TY.

MikeF
01-12-2007, 07:11 PM
If I was in your shoes......I'd do this.
Design and make a single large carb adapter that has water passages through it where you can cycle some warm water from the engine to keep the carbs "warmer". The drop in temp from the evaporation of the fuel along w/ whatever water is in the air is causing the icing. Find a way to keep the carbs warmer and I think you'll help cure your problem.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 09:18 AM
My tunnel ram does that here in Arizona! I wouldnt worry about it. People run super chillers to cool down the air/fuel thats being dramn into the motor for a reason;)

MikeF
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Just to add,
If there is condensation w/ no actual icing (leading to stuck type throttle), then just leave as is. Only if you are experiencing a problem where safety is concerned........is when you would need to make that modification. :boxed: