PDA

View Full Version : Call Me A Trident Hater If You Like...

Waldo
01-12-2007, 11:10 PM
People have vested interest and all..but what about your comments about Merc vs Weissman? As much as I liked the dual jet design (wish I had the dough), I don't like your slamming of "insert boat mfg, boat show level, motor builders, etc., here." Here's an example. Please advise if I'm wrong.
10/19/05 4) Merc can hug my nuts. The performance out of our stock motor eclipses anything Merc has and would rip anything short of a #6 off the transom. For the stern drives, we will be using a Weissman, but I feel confident that anyone who rides in a Dual Drive will be buying one.
12/4/06 - The 496HO/B1XR will be out soon, and expect that to be under $135K with external steering and a sportmaster lower. Time to get into the outdrive market.

BrendellaJet
01-12-2007, 11:21 PM
did you really just take the time to post that?

No Name
01-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Trident Hater.....:D

Waldo
01-12-2007, 11:31 PM
did you really just take the time to post that?
Are you joking??? IMO-I find it (verifiable by previous Froggystyle posts) hypocritical. I don't know Wes but think that statements like these are less than true or professional. Just stating the facts.

HCS
01-12-2007, 11:33 PM
It's a new adventure.
Personally I think I would have totally perfected and tested the product before I made the decision to release it to the public.
But........ I totally love the adventure.
I think it's bad ass. Especially all the expansion products that are expected to be developed from the all the
research that has been done.

New Login
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
A pair of V6 jets on one heavilly modified engine. That MoFo better work !!!
Wes is a good guy but his pricing is on another planet. I really think one well worked Berk with a big impeller could do the same job. K.I.S.S.

Waldo
01-12-2007, 11:39 PM
It's a new adventure.
Personally I think I would have totally perfected and tested the product before I made the decision to release it to the public.
But........ I totally love the adventure.
I think it's bad ass. Especially all the expansion products that are expected to develop from the all the
research that has been done.
I can respect what he/they is/are doing with the new "adventure". As I stated above, I would even like to own one if the circumstances were right (I love the lower river). With all the $hit slinging and bandwagon ridin' that goes on around here, I find it very interesting...Which is why I started the topic.

HCS
01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Like a Keaton/Berkley jet with a 396 pumpin the power.
What a POS that thing was!!!

shockwaveharry
01-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Dude, it's a new business striving to be on the cutting edge. As a product is developed, original ideas will change out of necessity to stay on that edge. Making the boat perform the way he wants is whats important. Does it really matter if Trident decided to put stock Merc power in the boat if there is a market for it?
Mercury can hug my nuts too, I'm not a huge fan. But from a builders standpoint, I would think that a power package that can carry a 2 year nationwide warranty and has an instantly recognizable name has it's good points.
Most importantly, from what I've seen here on Hot Boat, I don't believe they're at the point of installing the twin turbo motor in front of an outdrive yet. If they ever do, I'll bet ya $10 it won't be in front of a Bravo 1.
What do you have against Wes anyway?

Tom Brown
01-13-2007, 12:29 AM
I find it (verifiable by previous Froggystyle posts) hypocritical.
Hypocricy: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not
Wes' core position on drive choices changed but he never pretended to believe one thing while he did another.
Where's your dictionary, Waldo?
I don't know Wes but think that statements like these are less than true or professional.
I don't know you but I find your statements condescending and righteous of intent. That, I would contend, is less than professional.

OCMerrill
01-13-2007, 01:09 AM
What do you know...another thread just to poke at someone. :confused:
I may not post daily but I do read the forum front to back. Wes has clearly stated in previous posts and I don't believe ever mislead anyone about the fact that he feels he has to provide the X Brand to attract additional buyers but he dosent like it.
It's the thing of "Hey my way rocks" but, I want to sell boats too. Bending a little bit to help costs...
Wes' core position on drive choices changed but he never pretended to believe one thing while he did another.
I don't know you but I find your statements condescending and righteous of intent. That, I would contend, is less than professional.
Well stated. Tom, your posts are turning all professional and shit.

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Are you joking??? IMO-I find it (verifiable by previous Froggystyle posts) hypocritical. I don't know Wes but think that statements like these are less than true or professional. Just stating the facts.
Yeah, hypocritical. I should probably bang my head against another five or so $60K motors before I go with a stock package huh? What a quitter...
BTW... first boat has an Ilmor with a Teague and an Imco gimble... no Merc.
Why? 'Cause they can hug my nuts. They have a paralyzing grip on the aftermarket and performance engine/drive companies right now and much like other monopolies I don't want to support, this is included.
My pricing on an HO was for comparison shopping. I have no plans of using one.
Ilmor stepped up and delivered me an extremely nicely put together package and Teague blew his brains out getting the exhaust done with a trick transom setup. Merc didn't even call me back for two weeks. Once I finally got through to them they told me my application package would take six weeks to process. Ilmor had me an engine in six days... Teague stopped what he was doing to build a drive in two and a custom exhaust in six.
Merc still sucks balls.
If someone wants to have one, I will put it in, but they won't be OEM for me. I don't like the way the company is run, I think they are grossly overpriced and I don't want to support them.
How's that for hypocritical?
What a fully lame post. You should be ashamed of yourself. It seems like you have read a fillet of what I have posted, and a lot of the nonsense spouted off by others. I don't bash any manufacturer, the lower level of the boat show is less desirable by any estimation (if for no other reason than it costs less... do the math) and I prefer jet drives to Merc. Lastly, no Merc (or other prop package) stands a chance against the dual jet drive for anything other than top speed. We were hoping to dial in a much greater top speed over the course of the last year and a half of testing, but it wasn't to be.
My boat still has a jet in it. I still prefer it and feel that it will dominate the performance landscape for everything but race boats when they finally get it all dialed in. It pulls harder, is safer and works better in low water.
I stand by all of my posts. Taken individually and as a body. Keep them in context and you will find them much more coherent. You are dredging up last years news up there.
If you go back far enough you will catch me defending Ultra and stuff too... keep digging.

djunkie
01-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Well I'm not going to get into the debate on this one as well, just wanted to point out that I don't have a
an interest, vested or otherwise in trident.
I read your post for what it was though, and I do agree on some level. Sometimes Wes's attitude when it comes to ***boat needs a reality check. :D
Overall though if you can get past the "hug my nuts" style posts you can see what he's trying to do, and how he's trying to go about it.
In the real world, a man is judged by his actions not his words. On ***boat people are more typically judged by their words and not their actions. Sometimes Wes's posts aren't worded in a way that I'd agree with, but overall I judging what him by his actions/accomplishments (so far), not just random posts on ***boat from a year ago.
RD
Have you been drinking again? Go to bed!!!!!!!! :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Merc still sucks balls. If someone wants to have one, I will put it in, but they won't be OEM for me. I don't like the way the company is run, I think they are grossly overpriced and I don't want to support them.
Thats exactly what I want to hear! A man that is straight up honset and wants the best for his customer! That right there is customer service;);)

catman-do
01-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Ive got no vested interest in Wes, nor his company. I personally dont own one of his boats, nor have i ever been within 20 feet of his boats. Ive seen them on the river at the sand bar etc... I dont believe that changing a mind on what to offer the consumer is a hypocritical statement/judgement. You've got to provide the consumer with what sells or the company fails. Plain and simple, so if he was to offer something new and it doesnt sell, then he goes back to more traditional sales tactics in order to keep afloat is fine by me. Personally dont go lower river, so i wouldnt need a jet. I ilke some of the lines he has on there, however the styling isnt for me. I feel its a boat designed for more of a party go'er with easy access in and out of water etc... Again, not for me, but everyone has their own characteristics that they like in different facets of life and I cant negetively judge someone based upon those.
I say, do what you need to do to sell boats and keep the company alive and keep messin around with non-conventional ideas. One day one of them will stick and you will find yourself being the poineer of a new trend! The acclimations will then follow, whether financially or otherwise.

INSman
01-13-2007, 08:46 AM
RD sux and Wes is a great guy that is on a mission to build a great product. So what, big deal, things change in years time :boxingguy

SHOTKALLIN
01-13-2007, 08:47 AM
People have vested interest and all..but what about your comments about Merc vs Weissman? As much as I liked the dual jet design (wish I had the dough), I don't like your slamming of "insert boat mfg, boat show level, motor builders, etc., here." Here's an example. Please advise if I'm wrong.
Merc is not a boat mfg. Isn't Merc owned by the parent company of Baja, Bayliner,..etc. Brunswick? What do you have stock in this multinational monoploy? Did your stock loose a nickel after Froggy's post?
HATER HATER HATER HATER:D :D :D :D :D :D

bigq
01-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Why? 'Cause they can hug my nuts. They have a paralyzing grip on the aftermarket and performance engine/drive companies right now and much like other monopolies I don't want to support, this is included.
This is why I went with Volvo on my last boat. Merc has killed that part of the market for Volvo evertime they try it they squeeze the manufactures to go with Merc (backroom...or ELSE!).
In a roundabout way thay are the Microsoft of the boating Industry.

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Well I'm not going to get into the debate on this one as well, just wanted to point out that I don't have a
an interest, vested or otherwise in trident.
I read your post for what it was though, and I do agree on some level. Sometimes Wes's attitude when it comes to ***boat needs a reality check. :D
Overall though if you can get past the "hug my nuts" style posts you can see what he's trying to do, and how he's trying to go about it.
In the real world, a man is judged by his actions not his words. On ***boat people are more typically judged by their words and not their actions. Sometimes Wes's posts aren't worded in a way that I'd agree with, but overall I judging what him by his actions/accomplishments (so far), not just random posts on ***boat from a year ago.
RD
Im going to agree with Dave on this one,and that doesnt happen often.
I do give Wes credit for doing what he's doing,BUT his head is getting too swollen for a boat that hasnt proven anything or for that matter sold.All he does is blah blah blah about how he's the best and most inovative guy around in the buissness.yeah Wes we heard ya the first 1000 times,so build a boat and sell the focken things already.I know its take time to be a perfectionist,well while your playing around and running on invested money,stop down playing the rest of the boating world and their products.Just do your own thing and be a little more humble about it.Let your product speak its words,not that rambling mouth of yours.Back fire on me here all you want Wes,its your right too.I have never had any interest in your boat(buying)until the outdrive project came about.Im still not interested in buying but atleast I think you finally came to your senses on what the boat should have.Now tone it down and quit trying to be the all smart and mighty guy who has done and seen it all in here and focus on building the boat,not bragging how your reinventing the wheel that everyone is happy with already.Your ego and writings on this forums alone is what draws me away from your entire deal here.Does it matter too you?No I bet it jdoesnt even phase you,but it might just draw a potential buyer to his choice of buying else wheres.
Flame me....I dont focken care!

Waldo
01-13-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't have anything against Wes. Most of what I've read he seems to be a knowledgable, driven, and dedicated person. Like Dave said, maybe it's his delivery, but as others stated above, I may have come across a little harsh as well.
I asked him to advise about his previous comments and he did as I expected. My point is this...I think it would hurt a business to bad mouth a product and then use it (as stated above) OEM or special order. Especially a company like Merc that has a huge corner of the industry Wes is entering. But if it doesn't hurt business, then I stand corrected.

mrs.rvrluvr
01-13-2007, 09:06 AM
you need a boot to the chest:mad:
NICE

ratso
01-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I do give Wes credit for doing what he's doing,BUT his head is getting too swollen for a boat that hasnt proven anything or for that matter sold.All he does is blah blah blah about how he's the best and most inovative guy around in the buissness.yeah Wes we heard ya the first 1000 times,so build a boat and sell the focken things already.I know its take time to be a perfectionist,well while your playing around and running on invested money,stop down playing the rest of the boating world and their products.Just do your own thing and be a little more humble about it.Let your product speak its words,not that rambling mouth of yours.Back fire on me here all you want Wes,its your right too.I have never had any interest in your boat(buying)until the outdrive project came about.Im still not interested in buying but atleast I think you finally came to your senses on what the boat should have.Now tone it down and quit trying to be the all smart and mighty guy who has done and seen it all in here and focus on building the boat,not bragging how your reinventing the wheel that everyone is happy with already.Your ego and writings on this forums alone is what draws me away from your entire deal here.Does it matter too you?No I bet it jdoesnt even phase you,but it might just draw a potential buyer to his choice of buying else wheres.
http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/sign0099.gif :D

HM
01-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I don't own a Trident, never plan on owning a Trident, and I am not particularly impressed by the style...and I have seen it in person and been on the boat (on a trailer) - it is a bitchen boat and the attention to detail is bar none.
But, I like Wes. He is passionate about what he is doing and he has a vision. He is a loose canon and extremely cocky - not afraid to say what he feels, even if it goes against everything everyone says - and he will scream it from a mountain top for everyone to hear. That pisses a lot of people off (Waldo). I don't agree with everything Wes says or does at all....but he is a man on a mission. He will have learning curves and will change his view here and there as needed to stay on track. I fully support his efforts and if he doesn't lead change in the marine industry...he definitely is triggering change. He will be viewed as hypocrytical by some because they refuse to listen to Wes's true message and will jump to conclusions. They will miss the subtle differeces of things and want to generalize because they are simple minded people or because he may have insulted them indirectly/directly and the attack has a hidden agenda. They will be insulted because Wes will point out what they thought was true ended up being a well packaged lie...and people will refuse to acknowledge they were taken advantage of and point their anger at Wes....and Wes could care less. I like him, because he reminds me of.....me. :D Except I am much funnier, better looking and hung like a mule. :D

shadow
01-13-2007, 09:49 AM
At the expense of joining the "so called" Hater group.GREAT POST!
I was interesed in the begining for the first couple of years,but after 4 years of hearing Wes slapping the whole industry in the face about how his boat and ideas are superior to everything else.Getting old hearing you have to see it in person to appriciate it.I can open up any boating magazine and see the in's & out's of plenty of boats without traveling to see it in person so i can hear more about how bitchen it is.Sorry but i say put up or shut up!!
I've known Wes for quite some years now and nothing personal but like i said before the Hype is way too far in front of the results.

DCBDaytona
01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm not a hater either...just getting SICK of reading about all the hype for the Revolution. I also find it comical that several months ago Wes turned his nose up to a stern drive setup...and now that the dual jet drive isn't selling, SUPRISE.
I wish the best for Wes and Trident. But in the best interest of the company, I'd keep away from ***boat.

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not a hater either...just getting SICK of reading about all the hype for the Revolution.
...yet you feel COMPELLED to read this thread?
Brian

ratso
01-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Brian
lol...:D

bigq
01-13-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm not a hater either...just getting SICK of reading about all the hype for the Revolution.
I was thinking the same thing about all the DCB cheerleaders, they buils a nice boat, but worlds best.. Please:D

Ion
01-13-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm not a hater either...just getting SICK of reading about all the hype for the Revolution. I also find it comical that several months ago Wes turned his nose up to a stern drive setup...and now that the dual jet drive isn't selling, SUPRISE.
I wish the best for Wes and Trident. But in the best interest of the company, I'd keep away from ***boat.
I don't know about anybody else, but I've been wondering since day one, post one of his SPAM for his product, how much he's paid Larry Flynt for all the publicity? I don't recall seeing any other boat maker getting away with this. Based on my recollection, those who SPAM anything here get flamed, their posts removed and re-assigned to another, less visited area of the site. And I'm not talking about simple hot-links to people's websites (yes, including my own), cuz there are too many to count...I'm talking about extensive, full-blown, ongoing accounts on his product.
Why is this guy allowed to SPAM his product here for as long as he has? At this juncture, shouldn't he be painting ***boat logos on every one of his boats that get delivered?
Anyone?

ratso
01-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing about all the DCB cheerleaders, they buils a nice boat, but worlds best.. Please:D
Yeah, I get fukkin' sick and tired of all that DCB Hype too!!!:jawdrop: Talk about a bunch of egotistical bastards...:D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 10:22 AM
you need a boot to the chest:mad:
and so do you :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't know about anybody else, but I've been wondering since day one, post one of his SPAM for his product, how much he's paid Larry Flynt for all the publicity? I don't recall seeing any other boat maker getting away with this. Based on my recollection, those who SPAM anything here get flamed, their posts removed and re-assigned to another, less visited area of the site. And I'm not talking about simple hot-links to people's websites (yes, including my own), cuz there are too many to count...I'm talking about extensive, full-blown, ongoing accounts on his product.
Why is this guy allowed to SPAM his product here for as long as he has? At this juncture, shouldn't he be painting ***boat logos on every one of his boats that get delivered?
Anyone?
:eek:

HM
01-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Anyone?
I have a simple explanation for you: There is a difference between blatant spamming and people having conversations about their products that are educational and entertaining. The easy way to figure it out is when a post is moved...that is blatant spam. If it is not moved, then it is considered not blatant spam. It is clear as day to me. There are lots of threads that don't get moved....like "World's Fastest Howard Bullet" and then there are threads that get moved and even locked down like "Casale Raffle Contest....let me list everything we have to sell is a stupid attempt to conceal my spam"

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
...and when/if Trident DOES make it, all you whiners will be telling your friends, "I know the owner of that company"
Now that will be nut swingin' at it's finest.
Brian

little rowe boat
01-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We all know Howards are the best.:D

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 11:01 AM
...and when/if Trident DOES make it, all you whiners will be telling your friends, "I know the owner of that company"
Now that will be nut swingin' at it's finest.
Brian
Go ahead and hold your breath on that one.

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow... you guys said a lot.
Our boat weight is 3600 pounds fully rigged with three batteries and a huge stereo. There is not a gram of wood anywhere in it, and it all fixtures in it are 100% through bolted. The entire boat is finished, inside and out with a fully mil-spec electrical system, fuse block, Deutch connectors for all major components and premium components throughout. There isn't a better built boat on the water.
Everyone who has ridden in one claims unequivocably that it is the nicest riding boat they have ever been in in it's size range and class. It is predictable, rolls into turns and jumps on plane like a 19 footer.
I have focused for years on our successes, knowing that more will come. I don't look at the dual drive experiment as a failure, and we are moving away from it not from a sales perspective, but from a viability perspective. It doesn't meet our standards for durability and performance throughout the envelope required, so we shelved it.
I have well in excess of $10K in Rex Marine parts in my attic that were bought, tried and shelved only to go back to Mike and ask for something different. From stern lights to actuators... dual cable manual helms to full hydraulics, we haven't stopped innovating or moving forward since we started.
The sentence that sums it all up is this one from Jrocket...
Now tone it down and quit trying to be the all smart and mighty guy who has done and seen it all in here and focus on building the boat,not bragging how your reinventing the wheel that everyone is happy with already.
I have only been focusing on delivering the boat. We are trying to market as well, so that when the boat is finally finished we will have a waiting group of people as a market. We have plenty of them right now, and these threads are proof of that. You guys are all recognizing the boat on the water, paying attention and talking about it. I don't want all of you to buy them... I only want some of you to buy them.
Everyone is happy with their wheels because they don't know any better, and the lack of information has fueled a gross stagnation of the industry. The industry has not been catalyzed to innovate, because people are fine with the way it is... The wheel needed to be re-built, and I attribute the gains that we have made with it to be 100% related to the fact that I didn't come into this industry with a closed mind or a way to do it... all I knew was that the way my last boat was built sucked, and I was grossly displeased with both the finished project and the treatment by the company. I felt I could do both better. I have made every effort to do exactly that.
Within weeks now, I will happily post the results of our 550 horsepower stern drive package. I have said for years, the last thing this industry would want was for me to switch to stern drive. It will be staggering how much performance is gained by dropping the boat weight by nearly 2,000 pounds.
In reality, what abuse have I ever wished on the industry? That I want you to verify the claims made by your manufacturers? I challenge anyone to verify the weight of their boats. Extreme Trailers has to weigh each boat they build a trailer for. They know what they weigh. We are the lightest boat by thousands they have built in the range. They asked me what the boat weighed roughly so they new what axles to use and I said 3800#. They said they would weigh it before making any decisions based on that... I asked why and they said basically that "Yeah, everyone's boat is 4,000 pounds advertised until you weigh it. Then it turns out to be more like 6,000."
I have been lied to as a consumer the entire time I have been associated with the boat industry.
What else? That I want you to know that pre-funding your boats is illegal and constitutes both bank and insurance fraud? Both happenned to me, again, as a consumer.
How about knowing what kind of materials go into your boat. Many a couple years back thought I was banging on their Eliminators because they advertise that they use nothing but stainless fasteners.... except for their interiors. They bet me, went out to their boats and found the interiors to be held together with drywall screws. Sorry guys... it happens.
We built a company based on simple principles of ethics, transparency and quality. I think it is unethical to lie to the consumer and I speak my mind as a result. I will defend products in unpopular surroundings if I think it is right.
I also reserve my right to change my mind. What is bad ass today can be old news tomorrow.... look at balsa as an example. The last boat I built I would have paid extra for balsa on. I wouldn't have known any better unless this upstart from San Diego had come along banging on balsa as a commodity material. "Who is this asshole telling me that my boat isn't the World's Greatest". People get defensive about their purchases, and I appreciate that, but you should know that there has been a huge rise in interest in vacuum infusion, linear foam cores and light weight as of late. I deal with the major composites suppliers, and each have told me individually about builders coming to them asking how to do "What Trident is doing".
We may have only sold one boat, but that won't be able to be said at the end of this month. We have only built one for sale up until this point... and it sold. The second one is right behind it, and I don't expect it to last January. The fourth hull is built and is ready to be rigged, and we are spraying the fifth boat (the first commissioned build) later this month as well hopefully.
We shifted gears and went with a stern drive. I stuck to my ideals and went with a non-merc engine and drive package as well. We chose not to do a Weismann drive because the basic math put our twin turbo engine with that drive at over 120 mph... something I don't want to deliver to a client in a deckboat... or own myself for that matter.
Again, I stand behind both my body of work and my words. Both are carefully thought out most of the time and I can take pride in seeing what I wrote. I knew that as soon as I built a stern drive I was going to catch shit for it... but I was praised for the decision more than scolded. People think I should have done it years ago... but I wasn't ready to give in on the jet drive just yet.
My mission is no longer to get the Dual Drive out in front of everyone. Now it is to get the Revolution out in front. I felt that the boat had so much advancement I could take a lot of hits with approval of the engine/drive and make it work, but I couldn't.
For all of the supporters, thanks a lot. They made the thread readable to me. For the naysayers... see you out at the river. One of you was sold an expensive boat that barely rolled over on plane. THAT is how your manufacturer treated you.
I have been letting the Revolution do the talking for well over a year. It is the best built, performing and equipped deck on the water right now, and it is about to get a lot better with the stern drive package I believe. I am proud to be using Ilmor and Teague, and we should see some real staggering performance numbers out of relatively pedestrian power.

No Name
01-13-2007, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=Froggystyle;2336750]There isn't a better built boat on the water.
Wow….don ‘t know a whole lot about your boats but that is a very bold statement.

Infomaniac
01-13-2007, 11:15 AM
A vested interest? LOL I guess I am vested even though not an active vendor for the moment. :)
My long block engine was tied into a "package" of engine, turbo system, EFI system and dual jet drive. Any one of those 4 individual items having the potential of killing the success of the entire package.
Anyway.. I can say that Wes is the most confident and focused guy I have ever met, He takes whatever card is dealt to him and plays it as the ace of spades. His "sticktoitiveness" is unbelieveable.
The package described above did not exist so Wes created it. He believed that it was the ultimate and worked through the bugs associated with creating such a monster until I believe time ran out. At some point you have to say, lets get back to this another time and proceed in a different direction. Wes will correct me if I'm wrong,
So now he has a different package and is treating it with the same passion and drive as the original. My point being, Wes keeps the same attitude and passion for his current situation regardless. He is showing consistancy not hipocritical behavior

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
There isn't a better built boat on the water.
Wow….don ‘t know a whole lot about your boats but that is a very bold statement.
Extremely bold. And 100% accurate. I will take the Pepsi challenge on build quality with anything on the market. And I am not talking about laminating in some birds-eye maple and stuff... I am talking about quality of materials, craftsmanship, fit and finish, construction process, resin volume, engineered strength etc...
There is a lot more to building a boat than nice gel. It goes much deeper. I invite you to come by any time and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

77charger
01-13-2007, 11:27 AM
pretty good reply wes!
I have been reading about your progress for a while even though i aint in the marlet for any new boat happy with mine.But it is good to see someone make constant changes for the better or to offer a better product even if it is a profit loss vs a builder who drops in a big hp motor on an underated drive saying oh yeah it will work(but dont say for how long).Only to last less than 10 hrs
I am sure you will get it right at somepoint look at cars and trucks how many have probs with the first years of release it usually takes 2-3 to get it right they know that but are more interested in selling right away vs doing it right the first time.

GHT
01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Gotta love Brown.... He is wearing his referee jersey today... Very good point TB.
Who else has vested the time, materials, and money where Wes has???? Even IF Trident didn't make it, the research he has done to date will be used by everyone building boats in the future..
Very Ballsey doing what he has done.... Can't say me, or any of you would do it..:rolleyes:

HM
01-13-2007, 11:36 AM
And I am not talking about laminating in some birds-eye maple and stuff...
We all know monkey pod is way better than birds-eye anyway. :D
There is a lot more to building a boat than nice gel. It goes much deeper. I invite you to come by any time and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
I just watched "What the Bleep" last night...for like the 20th time..this month. Now I understand your pit-bull grip on your vision very well. :idea:

INSman
01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Gotta love Brown.... He is wearing his referee jersey today... Very good point TB.
Who else has vested the time, materials, and money where Wes has???? Even IF Trident didn't make it, the research he has done to date will be used by everyone building boats in the future..
Very Ballsey doing what he has done.... Can't say me, or any of you would do it..:rolleyes:
NICE avatar Don !! :D

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Plenty of companies have invested time and money,you think Wes is the only one?
I dont see any other companies knocking down We's door trying to get his secret of boat building.The day they do he better pattened it all,not just the already been done stripes on the side either.
Any of us do it? I didnt think everyone in here wanted to build boats?If I did want to build them,I probably would go a similar route Wes has.Try to be innovative with every detail,but then again I wouldnt down talk the industry or talk with no walk.

No Name
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Extremely bold. And 100% accurate. I will take the Pepsi challenge on build quality with anything on the market. And I am not talking about laminating in some birds-eye maple and stuff... I am talking about quality of materials, craftsmanship, fit and finish, construction process, resin volume, engineered strength etc...
At this point in my life a deck boat is not for me. But I would love to take a look at your product. If you do decide to do the boat show I may make the trip out there and check it out.
I do wish you the best,
Mark.

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Whoa there buddy,
I may have to reconsider ever going to your shop again should you choose to continue on with these kinds of phrases.
Brian
I invite you to come by any time and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Sorry,
I just had to do it.

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Well then prove it Wes.Its you calling out the world,not the world calling you out.And Im not talking about,come down here so I can show you how great my boat is and how Im better than the rest.That talk has gone long enough and has shown nothing in my opinion.You have done one thing so far thats made sense,moved from a jet to an outdrive.I know it killed you to do so and your having to back peddle your way through all of your previous words on the deal but atleast you have gone in the right direction,also in my opinion.Its is very possible that you have a better quality built boat material wise and craftmanship wise,but your gonna have to show the results in comparison testing,time has come.I have never had a problem with you or your future goals,its the way you carry yourself and represent your future company in here that strikes a nerve to some.

Infomaniac
01-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Hmmmmm.....OK the challenge....Riggins Idaho ... third weekend in April...Info supplies the power to make it equal...
LOL
I'll supply the power and get to work on the aluminum skid plates for the Revolution.

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
LOL
I'll supply the power and get to work on the aluminum skid plates for the Revolution.
I'm there as long as the MA twin turbo motor is making the boost.
BTW, I have a good idea the hull of the Tridentdontneednoskidplates.
I would love to try out jumping some trees an 'shit.
Brian

dumbandyoung
01-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Booooooring

DCBDaytona
01-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Brian
This is expected from you. Tell me this...Is it nice swingin' from Wes' sack?:eek:

DCBDaytona
01-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I have never had a problem with you or your future goals,its the way you carry yourself and represent your future company in here that strikes a nerve to some.
You hit the nail on the head with this statement.;)

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 01:23 PM
This is expected from you. Tell me this...Is it nice swingin' from Wes' sack?:eek:
It is much less sweaty in the wintertime let me tell you. The summertime sucks for sure. I ask him to wash once a day, but it seems not to help much.
Trident and Wes is a pain in the ass no doubt. But he is an easy custumer to build parts for, he knows exactly what he wants.
But to directly answer the question you really asked.....
What difference does it make that I swing from my custumer's nuts? I have no idea what business you do, but I doubt you would say the same things to your boss, or whomever hands you money, the same way.
Like you said.....you are SO TIRED of reading Wes' diatribes, yet you continue to do so.
What a whiner, there are plenty other threads and posts to read, put Froggy on "ignore" and your problem is solved. You won't read a thing he posts again.
This site has that capability.
But you won't, I am sure the truth is you are waiting on pins and needles to see him fail so you can say "I told him so." Yet if he succeeds, he will be like a long lost buddy you never had, "I knew that guy"
Brian

Liberator TJ1984
01-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Quoted by Froggy :
We shifted gears and went with a stern drive. I stuck to my ideals and went with a non-merc engine and drive package as well. We chose not to do a Weismann drive because the basic math put our twin turbo engine with that drive at over 120 mph... something I don't want to deliver to a client in a deckboat... or own myself for that matter.
I must be missing something here:D I thought it was all about the Bling AND Speed factor:jawdrop:
Did the Performance boating population not want Both Worlds ????
A Cutting Edge Boat with Cutting Edge Performance ??:devil:
Wes, what speed do you consider your hull design Safe To ?
Oh yea, not a hater ....just curious :D

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I must be missing something here:D I thought it was all about the Bling AND Speed factor:jawdrop:
Did the Performance boating population not want Both Worlds ????
A Cutting Edge Boat with Cutting Edge Performance ??:devil:
Wes, what speed do you consider your hull design Safe To ?
Oh yea, not a hater ....just curious :D
People forget these days that 70 mph is pretty fast. I was really, really happy with the jet's performance because it dominated the bottom end, right where we use it all the time. I knew it wasn't going to do 100 with it, but with all of the benefits associated with jet use, I figured I could sacrifice some top speed performance in exchange for accelleration.
But, the buying public being what it is has "how fast" as the first question.
The hull is good for a lot of speed. We will be doing a hard deck eventually that will capitalize on that speed potential, but I wouldn't want to be the manufacturer that put out 120 mph deckboats. I don't think this is the right type of craft for that, and doing over 90 without perfect conditions would be really, really irresponsible with people in the boat.
I see it as a responsibility that I don't have to accept, but that I am willing to. I am willing to tell a buying public that I don't want to build a deckboat that goes that fast and have to stand behind every decision that owner makes. I think that is the right thing to do in a world full of folks that are not neccessarily in the clients best interest.
My biggest concern is how fast 550 hp is going to take us. It will certainly be over 82, possibly over 90. That will mess up all of the hard work I have put into insurability for the last 4 years. Negate it 100% in fact. Our only advantage from an insurance standpoint is the fact that it isn't a cat at that point.
You choose your battles. I am choosing not to try to market a stock boat that goes over 100. I may really have to eat crow and put a small block in it to keep it to mid 70's. It would be nice to drop to that kind of power/price/insurance and reliability because the boat was too fast though. Great problem to have.
There are a lot of options though, and we are investigating many of them.

BadKachina
01-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Will you be trying different motor packages in the boat you rigged up with the Ilmor motor? Seems to me if you have one set up to accept a stern drive you might as well try a few different packages to help you market them down the road, or not.

Seadog
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
We all have our likes/dislikes. A lot of people do not like Merc, Wal-Mart, GM, Microsoft, or whatever. It is the King-of-the-hill syndrome. Personally, I like certain things about Brunswick, and not others. They can be bullies, but they also can afford to do high-end R&D when needed. They would be better off to farm their HiPer equipment to a contractor that would be more flexible. But as long as they don't, it makes opportunities for new comers. Wes is a focused individula. It is a requirement for someone to start such an ambitious effort. If he does a good job and it pays off, he will probably get more laid back in a few years. Until then, he will go around with blinders to distractions that are of no use to his operation. He has a good product, and he is doing his best to make it stay that way. He is also more than willing to take care of his customers. It is always easy to be naysayers. Just be careful where it is coming from.

playdeep
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
As is the norm around this place...anyone who fails to buy into the hyperbole and drink the Kool-Aid is convienantly labeled as a hater:rolleyes:
I admire Wes's determination to bring his dream to fruition.And I hope that Trident succeeds...
Unfortunately,
Some of the prior Trident infomercials border on overt arrogance.
I understand the pride of creating a new product and wanting people to understand the concept and reasoning behind each detail.
...But in all honesty the boat,to this point has done nothing to warrant the constant stream of over the top hyperbole.
An 800h.p. bullet in a 3400lb. hull that sometimes runs 72mph while using up drums of fuel...Not exactly a Revolution from where I'm standing.
I think there would have been a lot less disdain if he actually built the boat,went out kicked everyone's arse,and then came on here and told us about it's superiority over everything else on the market.
Everytime I see a new Trident thread...the same theme permeates...
How superior the boat is...(gonna be)
How other manufactures products are pretty much obsolete by comparison.
How everyone who has seen the boat loves it....(I'm sure they do,but they have yet to order one...why?)
If you want shut all of the naysayers up...
Go out and run sponson to sponson with all of those antiques,that don't have an infused lay-up.
I'm thinking a gathering,say like the Spring Heat Wave poker run...
Strap a life vest on RD,hand him a beer and tee it up.
Real world conditions,every type of design and builder present...
Not intending to be a hater(although I'm sure the bootlickers and backslappers will label me as such)....Don't tell us how superior your product is show us.

playdeep
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
dp

PHOTOGLOU
01-13-2007, 02:24 PM
We all have our likes/dislikes. A lot of people do not like Merc, Wal-Mart, GM, Microsoft, or whatever. It is the King-of-the-hill syndrome. Personally, I like certain things about Brunswick, and not others. They can be bullies, but they also can afford to do high-end R&D when needed. They would be better off to farm their HiPer equipment to a contractor that would be more flexible. But as long as they don't, it makes opportunities for new comers. Wes is a focused individula. It is a requirement for someone to start such an ambitious effort. If he does a good job and it pays off, he will probably get more laid back in a few years. Until then, he will go around with blinders to distractions that are of no use to his operation. He has a good product, and he is doing his best to make it stay that way. He is also more than willing to take care of his customers. It is always easy to be naysayers. Just be careful where it is coming from.
Why couldn't you mention Ford???????

RiverOtter
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I think he shoulda put a windshield on it :D

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll try not to border anymore. I was going for pure arrogance and must be slipping... ;)
I understand the pride of creating a new product and wanting people to understand the concept and reasoning behind each detail.
...But in all honesty the boat,to this point has done nothing to warrant the constant stream of over the top hyperbole.
An 800h.p. bullet in a 3400lb. hull that sometimes runs 72mph while using up drums of fuel...Not exactly a Revolution from where I'm standing.
You are focusing on the only drawback to that application. The zero to sixty in 5.4 seconds is a feat unmatched by any deckboat, with any power. Nothing is even close. The quickest zero to sixty at the last shootout did it in 12 seconds. As you have proven with your post though, nobody really cares about that if it only does 72. We listened and changed it. We couldn't get the jet to go faster, so we are switching drives. Lesson learned.
I think there would have been a lot less disdain if he actually built the boat,went out kicked everyone's arse,and then came on here and told us about it's superiority over everything else on the market.
As previously mentioned, it did what it did extremely well. It is one of the best party platforms on the market. We went out and kicked arse, then came on here and told you about it's superiority. I wasn't tough to find on the lakes and rivers this year... we did it all year long.
Everytime I see a new Trident thread...the same theme permeates...
How superior the boat is...(gonna be)
How other manufactures products are pretty much obsolete by comparison.
How everyone who has seen the boat loves it....(I'm sure they do,but they have yet to order one...why?)
I sold the first two of two we built and cancelled subsequent orders after the jet drama... What do you want me to do?
If you want shut all of the naysayers up...
Go out and run sponson to sponson with all of those antiques,that don't have an infused lay-up.
I'm thinking a gathering,say like the Spring Heat Wave poker run...
Strap a life vest on RD,hand him a beer and tee it up.
Real world conditions,every type of design and builder present...
Not intending to be a hater(although I'm sure the bootlickers and backslappers will label me as such)....Don't tell us how superior your product is show us.
Every minute in the channel, on the sandbar or cruising out past dark we are out there doing what this boat is designed for. It is not a poker run boat, and it is not a race boat. It is a party peformance platform. Our preferred location for the Heatwave poker run would be with a bunch of friends on it, tied up next to Phat Matt with his bitchin E-ticket bumping Slacker and watching the hotrods go by. You are missing the entire point of the company, boat and genre.
I don't think you are a hater, I think you have a skewed version of what we are trying to accomplish.

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I think he shoulda put a windshield on it :D
I told you, I have a way to put a windshield on it for you. I can send you the drawings if you are interested.... ;)

RiverOtter
01-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I told you, I have a way to put a windshield on it for you. I can send you the drawings if you are interested.... ;)
I'm interested........ just send the invoice to Nashvillebound :D

Kilrtoy
01-13-2007, 03:20 PM
We all know Howards are the best.:D
You are correct, they are the best at being SECOND best and no-one does it better than them...:D

Tom Brown
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
and so do you :D
I'd pay to see it, 396. :D

DCBDaytona
01-13-2007, 04:05 PM
It is much less sweaty in the wintertime let me tell you. The summertime sucks for sure. I ask him to wash once a day, but it seems not to help much.
Trident and Wes is a pain in the ass no doubt. But he is an easy custumer to build parts for, he knows exactly what he wants.
But to directly answer the question you really asked.....
What difference does it make that I swing from my custumer's nuts? I have no idea what business you do, but I doubt you would say the same things to your boss, or whomever hands you money, the same way.
Like you said.....you are SO TIRED of reading Wes' diatribes, yet you continue to do so.
What a whiner, there are plenty other threads and posts to read, put Froggy on "ignore" and your problem is solved. You won't read a thing he posts again.
This site has that capability.
But you won't, I am sure the truth is you are waiting on pins and needles to see him fail so you can say "I told him so." Yet if he succeeds, he will be like a long lost buddy you never had, "I knew that guy"
Brian
Thanks for filling me in on your relationship to Wes. It all makes complete sense now! :D Hell, he could build the ugliest/crappiest product ever just as long as he keeps you in line as a supplier.:D

GHT
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I dont see any other companies knocking down We's door trying to get his secret of boat building.The day they do he better pattened it all,not just the already been done stripes on the side either.
Any of us do it? I didnt think everyone in here wanted to build boats?If I did want to build them,I probably would go a similar route Wes has.Try to be innovative with every detail,but then again I wouldnt down talk the industry or talk with no walk.
GOSH DARN!! Jrocket... All this time I thought Wes WAS the only one to have invested time and Money... :rolleyes: As a matter of fact I thought he invented the boat..:rolleyes:
I think you are right about the "down talk the industry" statement. I also think Wes did more research than many (I'm not saying all, don't want anyone to ASSume I think he is the only one doin' it):rolleyes: ...
I don't have any desire of owning a Trident BUT I think Wes has done MORE than the average amount of homework......:D

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 05:08 PM
GOSH DARN!! Jrocket... All this time I thought Wes WAS the only one to have invested time and Money... :rolleyes: As a matter of fact I thought he invented the boat..:rolleyes:
I think you are right about the "down talk the industry" statement. I also think Wes did more research than many (I'm not saying all, don't want anyone to ASSume I think he is the only one doin' it):rolleyes: ...
I don't have any desire of owning a Trident BUT I think Wes has done MORE than the average amount of homework......:D
How could I even argue or debate with a GOSH DARN? LOL
Yes,more than the average amount of home work is correct,I will agree there.:D
GOSH DARN....You from Mayberry?

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks for filling me in on your relationship to Wes. It all makes complete sense now! :D Hell, he could build the ugliest/crappiest product ever just as long as he keeps you in line as a supplier.:D
I love some peoples' reaction to sarcasm.
Sometimes the reaction is as if what you said is serious so that they don't have to acknowledge how stupid their question really was.
You sir are a jackoff.
Brian

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 05:15 PM
You wouldn't believe how many manufacturers are banging down the door now that we have cracked the code. We get calls weekly from folks asking us if we want to build their boats for them. I spent two hours yesterday discussing it with a boatbuilder in fact. Our process has been emulated by E-ticket and Ultra thus far, with varying degrees of success. NOBODY argues that we weren't the first in this part of the industry.
There are several very big names right now angling for infusion. My techs are approached regularly about switching companies and getting big raises. The people I hired to teach us how to infuse have had a lot of work lately now that the industry has been exposed to them, and I have named them by name in our updates. All have come back to me and told me the same story... "They don't want to go all the way... they want the technology, but are unwilling to commit the cash, facilities and personnel to do it full time and for every boat".
Lastly, you will note that our graphics have not been copied yet. Interesting since that is the norm for most new designs. That in itself is a major success for us.
I can't patent infusion... NASA was doing it for years before Boeing and others started picking up on it. Our method is brilliant for building complex shapes with great consistency though, and we developed it organically.

phebus
01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I think some research should have been done before that statement. Just a little while back, I remember a thread on how Wsuwhr turned down some fab work on a job that he didn't think was a safe product to be associated with.

chub
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Happy New Year Tom Brown!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I can stomach everything but the arrogoance... Wes, you definately come off (to me) as a snobby, spoiled, arrogant dork.
J-Rocket, you really put it out there and I must confess, I enjoy your posts.:)
wsuwrhr, quit being so "pathetic".... If wes makes it big great! I wish him the best, but I will never kiss his ass, you have that market cornered...

DCBDaytona
01-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I love some peoples' reaction to sarcasm.
Sometimes the reaction is as if what you said is serious so that they don't have to acknowledge how stupid their question really was.
You sir are a jackoff.
Brian
Correct, I'm a jackoff.

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 05:47 PM
VD,
I know you, I like you, you are an alright guy, in Billy B's best voice...."Don't be a jack off"
I mention plenty about people I have respect for.
Brian
wsuwrhr, quit being so "pathetic".... If wes makes it big great! I wish him the best, but I will never kiss his ass, you have that market cornered...

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Correct, I'm a jackoff.
Sweet.

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
You wouldn't believe how many manufacturers are banging down the door now that we have cracked the code. We get calls weekly from folks asking us if we want to build their boats for them. I spent two hours yesterday discussing it with a boatbuilder in fact. Our process has been emulated by E-ticket and Ultra thus far, with varying degrees of success. NOBODY argues that we weren't the first in this part of the industry.
There are several very big names right now angling for infusion. My techs are approached regularly about switching companies and getting big raises. The people I hired to teach us how to infuse have had a lot of work lately now that the industry has been exposed to them, and I have named them by name in our updates. All have come back to me and told me the same story... "They don't want to go all the way... they want the technology, but are unwilling to commit the cash, facilities and personnel to do it full time and for every boat".
Lastly, you will note that our graphics have not been copied yet. Interesting since that is the norm for most new designs. That in itself is a major success for us.
I can't patent infusion... NASA was doing it for years before Boeing and others started picking up on it. Our method is brilliant for building complex shapes with great consistency though, and we developed it organically.
I take your word for it Wes,even though I have been hearing nothing but your word and only your words on every issue of your boat program.Less arrogance and more straight talk will possibly draw myself and others to keep a closer eye on what your doing.Other than that Ive said my words,even if they arent what you and others here agree with,I wouldnt expect them too anyway.
On the graphics deal,you have how many boats in the publics everday sight?Too top that off they havent exactly been overwhelming design schemes to start with.They're not ugly by any means but not over the top either.

Jrocket
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
J-Rocket, you really put it out there and I must confess, I enjoy your posts.:)
Ya know to be really honest,Im not out to try and smack down a guys dream or hard work here.I really would like Wes to raise the bar of the marine industry and make the competition step up the quality and their build process.We will all benefit from better built boats and definately safer built ones..My only gripe is what I have said from day one about Wes,his arrogance and big headed attitude does nothing for me or my wanting to follow his boat building ordeal.Nothing more or less,just the truth here.People can flame me all they want but atleast Wes has heard one persons views on how he handles the public,from there,who cares right?

little rowe boat
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
You are correct, they are the best at being SECOND best and no-one does it better than them...:D
Come on Kilr, now I know you need to lighten up on those allergy meds and remember they don't mix well with alcohol. :D

Froggystyle
01-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I take your word for it Wes,even though I have been hearing nothing but your word and only your words on every issue of your boat program.Less arrogance and more straight talk will possibly draw myself and others to keep a closer eye on what your doing.Other than that Ive said my words,even if they arent what you and others here agree with,I wouldnt expect them too anyway.
On the graphics deal,you have how many boats in the publics everday sight?Too top that off they havent exactly been overwhelming design schemes to start with.They're not ugly by any means but not over the top either.
I can totally see how the straight talk you are looking for has been construed as arrogance. But you are not listening to everyone else. There isn't anyone who has ridden in it that has anything other than praise for the boat and the craftsmanship. RD posted his thoughts, and in the other thread Mandelon reminded me of the remarks posted by him, Grape Ape and Lightning, all who have first hand knowledge of the boat from being in it.
With regard to the graphics, I say to each their own. Pretty tough to span the gap between hockey sticks and tribal flames though. I think we greatly succeeded in creating a trademarked graphic scheme that not only complements the boat's lines, but will stand the test of time as well.
You aren't saying anything particularly critical... it just sounds like I have rubbed you the wrong way with my attitude towards the rest of the industry. I have long thought of how nice it would be to be able to be anonymous on here... just another boater. Being a manufacturer doesn't keep me from having my opinions, and I feel free to share them. I have no problem defending my positions or feelings, and so as such probably appear to have a blatant disregard for others in my business. I have been on your side of the fence, and now I am trying to fix the problems from the other side.
In time, the boat will do it's job for a lot of very happy people. I intend to to the very best job I can possibly do of making my clients happy, keeping them happy and encouraging them to make the whole community richer with their participation in it.
A lot of things get very skewed in perception when I appear to have a vested interest in conversations financially. The reality is, I don't change my stripes on here because I am a builder now. If anything, it has steeled my resolve to act independently of the industry on many levels.
This glass house needed some rocks chucked at it.

BILLY.B
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
So i'm at dinner last night with a few of the Hot Boat forum guy's and this topic comes up. I know nothing about this company other then what I was told last night. So I decide to go on today and read all the stuff and man what a drama fest. I applaud people for going full steam in what they believe in (Wes) but in my opinion you shouldn't break your "OWN ARM" patting yourself on the back.. Me personally, I think you should let the product speak for it's self. And being humble is a very big part of that. People like a guy who knows and gives quality and strives to deliver that. But when you come off as arrogate, and you put other products down, people in general don't take kindly to that. I've seen people buy another product that might not of been on the same level just because they didn't care for the attitude of the salesman. I for one hate the fact that most of the boats manufactured today all look alike, including all the ugly ass graphic scheme's. So again, I can applaud a guy for striving to be different, and in his words above the rest and on the leading edge. If it were me, i'd go to the boat show (in the dungeon), show the public what I had to offer, be proud of what I had to offer, and hopefully word of mouth, being humble, and striving to being better then the other companies ( all this without putting them down to the general public) would payoff with orders. The boating world is a very small community. And word of mouth (negative / positive) can break or make a company.....Good luck!!!

GHT
01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
How could I even argue or debate with a GOSH DARN? LOL
Yes,more than the average amount of home work is correct,I will agree there.:D
GOSH DARN....You from Mayberry?
No, I'm from the suburb to the North of Maybery. Now quit making fun of me Dag Nab It!!:D

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Me personally, I think you should let the product speak for it's self. And being humble is a very big part of that. People like a guy who knows and gives quality and strives to deliver that. But when you come off as arrogate, and you put other products down, people in general don't take kindly to that.
Two interesting things about that statement. First, I have never seen a product speak for itself. They just don't. I wait around many nights waiting for a boat to say something but it just sits there. So, I have to do the talking for it. Plus, it doesn't know how to type in any case...
Second, I don't put other products down or bash manufacturers. I am not bashing on other manufacturers, and when people take offense to discussion, they are reading that into the narrative. They are providing their own light because they know what I am talking about applies to their boat.
I've seen people buy another product that might not of been on the same level just because they didn't care for the attitude of the salesman. I for one hate the fact that most of the boats manufactured today all look alike, including all the ugly ass graphic scheme's. So again, I can applaud a guy for striving to be different, and in his words above the rest and on the leading edge.
Obviously, as you know better than anyone beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are folks on here with checkers that think that anything without checkers is ugly, and believe it. Ours definitely doesn't look like anything else (though it has been likened to a Sea Doo... ;) ) and that is purposefully done. We had a clean sheet, and this is what came out of it...
If it were me, i'd go to the boat show (in the dungeon), show the public what I had to offer, be proud of what I had to offer, and hopefully word of mouth, being humble, and striving to being better then the other companies ( all this without putting them down to the general public) would payoff with orders. The boating world is a very small community. And word of mouth (negative / positive) can break or make a company.....Good luck!!!
Agreed for the most part. If I had cash to burn I would probably go and make the most of it. I am still deciding whether or not I can afford to show in style down there. After a close look at the downstairs vendors, there is a huge chance that with exception of Fountain, we will be the highest dollar OEM boat in the room. Very similar to the proverbial "nicest house in a bad neighborhood. It could make it stand out for the better, but that would be purely dependent on location and surroundings.
I am not a particularly humble person. I am proud of my accomplishments and carry a lot of confidence, often misconstrued as arrogance. Our boat building and attention to detail can withstand scrutiny, as can my morals and integrity. I don't mind casting a spotlight on either. What this means is that I don't sit on a fence. I don't try to pander to people who aren't my kind of people anyway. Instead of trying to make 100% of the people ambivalent, I have found over and over again that taking a stand... good or bad will easily align your supporters and easily alienate your dissenters. You know where you stand.
From a purely marketing standpoint, good or bad, a hater thread that allowed me to come on and retort got you and several other folks talking about it during dinner last night. I don't know who it was, but I have my ideas, and I don't think they are really deck boat buying types anyway. If it is who I suspect, they draw lines between Ford and Chevy, V-drives and jets, orange and blue... If it is them, these are the same guys with so distant a grip on the market that they make fun of modern SUV's.
I don't start these threads. But I do respond to them. My PM's go through the roof with supporters every time, and in general, the people who are assholes look like assholes to everyone else, and I don't care that they don't want to buy my boat. After all... who needs assholes.

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Two interesting things about that statement. First, I have never seen a product speak for itself. They just don't. I wait around many nights waiting for a boat to say something but it just sits there. So, I have to do the talking for it. Plus, it doesn't know how to type in any case...
Your wrong again Wes,products do speak for themselves all the time.A friend of mine has started a small company and had never done any advertising at all.All sales were from word of mouth and the quality of his product.Odd how you tell Billy B that statement as well seeing how his product speaks for itself clearly.
Second, I don't put other products down or bash manufacturers. I am not bashing on other manufacturers, and when people take offense to discussion, they are reading that into the narrative. They are providing their own light because they know what I am talking about applies to their boat.
You constantly talk down other boat manufactures and to tell Merc they can hug your nutz? What about the words against your old boats manufacture? These must have been all read wrong by us correct,again get over yourself.
Obviously, as you know better than anyone beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are folks on here with checkers that think that anything without checkers is ugly, and believe it. Ours definitely doesn't look like anything else (though it has been likened to a Sea Doo... ;) ) and that is purposefully done. We had a clean sheet, and this is what came out of it...
It has been and will be compared to a sea Doo because it has a similar look.Facts,all of these people that have brought up the remarks arent blind.Its not a bad thing but it is the truth,even if it is just one persons opinion.
Agreed for the most part. If I had cash to burn I would probably go and make the most of it. I am still deciding whether or not I can afford to show in style down there. After a close look at the downstairs vendors, there is a huge chance that with exception of Fountain, we will be the highest dollar OEM boat in the room. Very similar to the proverbial "nicest house in a bad neighborhood. It could make it stand out for the better, but that would be purely dependent on location and surroundings.
Highest dollar OEM? Makes no difference to me,but obviously to you.Maybe you should focus on starting instead of the big finish already.
I am not a particularly humble person. I am proud of my accomplishments and carry a lot of confidence, often misconstrued as arrogance. Our boat building and attention to detail can withstand scrutiny, as can my morals and integrity. I don't mind casting a spotlight on either. What this means is that I don't sit on a fence. I don't try to pander to people who aren't my kind of people anyway. Instead of trying to make 100% of the people ambivalent, I have found over and over again that taking a stand... good or bad will easily align your supporters and easily alienate your dissenters. You know where you stand.
No its not misconstrued as arrogance,it is flat out big headed arrogance.Which does nothing for alot of the public,buyers or not.This isnt an issue of your integrity and morals of your buisness.
From a purely marketing standpoint, good or bad, a hater thread that allowed me to come on and retort got you and several other folks talking about it during dinner last night. I don't know who it was, but I have my ideas, and I don't think they are really deck boat buying types anyway. If it is who I suspect, they draw lines between Ford and Chevy, V-drives and jets, orange and blue... If it is them, these are the same guys with so distant a grip on the market that they make fun of modern SUV's.
Distant grip on the market..WTF?...they are people with money that can buy your boat if they please! Your doing exactly what makes myself and others turn away from you and your boats.Now your talking down about people,and obviously friends of Billy's too boot? Dude you just dont get it,your head is soo far full of your own crap its time to flush!
I don't start these threads. But I do respond to them. My PM's go through the roof with supporters every time, and in general, the people who are assholes look like assholes to everyone else, and I don't care that they don't want to buy my boat. After all... who needs assholes.
You get some PM's from people patting you on the back..great.So are all of these people putting deposits on your boats? I am no doubtedly coming across as an asshole here to you and to others in this ordeal,but I dont care.I guarranty there are a few others here that share my view but either dont want to get caught up in it or just dont think its worth the time to respond.do I get PMs patting me on the back,nope.This is all from my eyes,and like I said earlier.The more you type the more it makes me sick to read,but for some reason I see the need to voice my opinion about the way your carry yourself in here.Your writings are getting old Wes as much as mine are in return.I do understand you'll never stoop to being a humble person that lets his products speak for itself so just keep bashing people,products,manufactures and what ever else make you feel top of the arrogannce hill.

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Billy B.
Sorry if I offended you in any way by dragging you into my last post.
John

dmontzsta
01-14-2007, 12:36 PM
If it is them, these are the same guys with so distant a grip on the market that they make fun of modern SUV's.
We do not make fun of SUV's, we make fun of the jackoffs who put 30" wheels on them and think its the hottest shit, just because it is popular. This started off as rappers, but now soccer moms and preppys role them too.
I like my SUV, it is great. I can put 8 people in it and haul off to the river/lake. And dont even have to worry about slowing down for speed bumps.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/1998Expedition/images/100_3738.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/30_s.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Wes.jpg
See how stupid that looks? Ghetto wheels belong in the ghetto and not on a white man from a high class hoods SUV.:eek:

BILLY.B
01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Billy B.
John No problem JR. You didn't offend me in anyway. But obviously Les just doesn't understand what i'm trying to tell him. If he remotely thinks that a product doesn't speak for itself then he better get a grip real fast. Word of mouth is huge. I have never advertised. Was told early on in my career that if you treat people like you want to be treated, give the customer more then they expect, quality is key, and the product will sell itself. Well 30 some years later here I still am. So with that said...I think your wrong Les. Customer service, a quality product / hard work/ can sell itself just like myself and Jrocket said. As far as the asshole comment. That deserves a WTF!!!!

ULTRA26 # 1
01-14-2007, 12:58 PM
See how stupid that looks? Ghetto wheels belong in the ghetto and not on a white man from a high class hoods SUV.:eek:
"Not on a white man" ??????

dmontzsta
01-14-2007, 01:02 PM
"Not on a white man" ??????
yeah and I am white.

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Jesus H Christ... Some of you people need to run down to DCB and get your weekly load blown into your mouth.http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif Wes, arrogance or not, I admire your drive and determination behind your product and the level of quality you are trying to achieve. It doesn't matter what you say, some people are just gonna be haters, and I wouldn't even waste my time going back and forth with them. Heck, I've seen it with practically any manufacturer that comes on here. You can come on here and say your black lab was hit by a car and died, and before it's over you will have been neglecting your dog, 396 is gonna make it racist because your dog was black, and somebody will say if the person had been driving a Chevy instead of a Ford it would have never happened...;)

ULTRA26 # 1
01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
yeah and I am white.
WTF are you talking about? Are you saying that only those other than white people should put big wheels on their SUV's?

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
No problem JR. You didn't offend me in anyway. But obviously Les just doesn't understand what i'm trying to tell him. If he remotely thinks that a product doesn't speak for itself then he better get a grip real fast. Word of mouth is huge. I have never advertised. Was told early on in my career that if you treat people like you want to be treated, give the customer more then they expect, quality is key, and the product will sell itself. Well 30 some years later here I still am. So with that said...I think your wrong Les. Customer service, a quality product / hard work/ can sell itself just like myself and Jrocket said. As far as the asshole comment. That deserves a WTF!!!!
Uh... Wes.;)

FlatStupid
01-14-2007, 01:16 PM
No problem JR. You didn't offend me in anyway. But obviously Les just doesn't understand what i'm trying to tell him. If he remotely thinks that a product doesn't speak for itself then he better get a grip real fast. Word of mouth is huge. I have never advertised. Was told early on in my career that if you treat people like you want to be treated, give the customer more then they expect, quality is key, and the product will sell itself. Well 30 some years later here I still am. So with that said...I think your wrong Les. Customer service, a quality product / hard work/ can sell itself just like myself and Jrocket said. As far as the asshole comment. That deserves a WTF!!!!Not many people could make your business model work Chief, the phone alone would kill the average guy!:D

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
WTF are you talking about? Are you saying that only those other than white people should put big wheels on their SUV's?
I think he's talking 30's and shit like that. Your truck doesn't look like the pics he posted... It gets to a point where it looks stupid, like triple Ds on a 5 ft 90 pound chick.:D

GHT
01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Jesus H Christ... Some of you people need to run down to DCB and get your weekly load blown into your mouth.http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif Wes, arrogance or not, I admire your drive and determination behind your product and the level of quality you are trying to achieve. It doesn't matter what you say, some people are just gonna be haters, and I wouldn't even waste my time going back and forth with them. Heck, I've seen it with practically any manufacturer that comes on here. You can come on here and say your black lab was hit by a car and died, and before it's over you will have been neglecting your dog, 396 is gonna make it racist because your dog was black, and somebody will say if the person had been driving a Chevy instead of a Ford it would have never happened...;)
Ratso, you forgot to mention what would happen if the person was driving a Dodge.. Why are you such a Dodge HATER?:hammer2: :D

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Ratso,
I'll take it the DCB comment was pointed towards me.Funny as it was,your way off on that remark when it comes to me and where I stand on DCB.Why you need to bring DCB into this is beyond me?Any ideas why?Now for the record I like my DCB and still think they are the best west coast cat out there,over priced but I still think they have the best boat.
My entire deal with Wes is NOT about his product,its about his personal public actions and nothing else.So to bring a comment about DCB into the game is quite stupid and only shows your not following the conversation but singling out your personal hang ups...which seem to be DCB owners or the boats themselves.

BILLY.B
01-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Les let me say i'm not a hater of you or your company. I admire your efforts and your innovative ideas. Nice to see something different. Just don't agree with some of your views.

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Ratso, you forgot to mention what would happen if the person was driving a Dodge.. Why are you such a Dodge HATER?:hammer2: :D
I drive a Dodge... I didn't want to bring such a high quality upstanding manufacturer of the world's best built trucks into this three ring circus...:D

ULTRA26 # 1
01-14-2007, 01:23 PM
I think he's talking 30's and shit like that. Your truck doesn't look like the pics he posted... It gets to a point where it looks stupid, like triple Ds on a 5 ft 90 pound chick.:D
Thanks I understand and agree with that. I just found the "white man" comment tasteless. Also sorry for jacking the thread
John M

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Not many people could make your business model work Chief, the phone alone would kill the average guy!:D
In Bling-Bling's best voice,,,,"Rightttttttt Chief.........."
Who would have thunk-it that a thread such as this would get the Vdrive guys posting in the sandbar forum.
"the sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Brian

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Ratso,
I'll take it the DCB comment was pointed towards me.Funny as it was,your way off on that remark when it comes to me and where I stand on DCB.Why you need to bring DCB into this is beyond me?Any ideas why?Now for the record I like my DCB and still think they are the best west coast cat out there,over priced but I still think they have the best boat.
My entire deal with Wes is NOT about his product,its about his personal public actions and nothing else.So to bring a comment about DCB into the game is quite stupid and only shows your not following the conversation but singling out your personal hang ups...which seem to be DCB owners or the boats themselves.
LMFAO... oh, I've been following this pathetic excuse of a conversation...:D It has actually made my afternoon.;) BTW, if you want to "call people out" on their personal public actions on this site, you're gonna be one busy mofo. Oh, and the DCB deal and their owners, I have no problem with, in fact I know and have met a few others, and they are quite cool peeps. I think you my friend have the personal hang up... because if we were dealing with mine, this would be a chick thread.;) Anyway, I take this all in fun... unlike you, and I'm quite sure you're not blowing anyone at DCB... so take it easy, stress isn't a good thing lol...
BTW, how do ya'll seperate all those quotes like that???http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks I understand and agree with that. I just found the "white man" comment tasteless. Also sorry for jacking the thread
John M
ROTFLMAO... I know where you're coming from...:D

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 01:33 PM
No shit.
Dodge as a whole does demonstrates enough of their own ability to step on themselves.
Brian

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I drive a Dodge... I didn't want to bring such a high quality upstanding manufacturer of the world's best built trucks into this three ring circus...:D
I know quoting yourself around here is gay, but you must have missed my post wsuwrhr...:D
Now don't start knocking Dodge... this is a Wes and Trident Hater thread.http://***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

dmontzsta
01-14-2007, 01:38 PM
John M
Tasteless, that is the word here.
It started with rappers and athletes doing it to show off their money, which is fine. Then everyone in suburbia has to copy them.
There is no point to it. TASTELESS

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 01:39 PM
I know quoting yourself around here is gay, but you must have missed my post wsuwrhr...:D
Now don't start knocking Dodge... this is a Wes and Trident Hater thread.http://***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
No sir.
I saw it spratso
I am connected to them and I own enough in Dodge products I am pretty sure I am qualified to answer.
Brian

ratso
01-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Tasteless, that is the word here.
It started with rappers and athletes doing it to show off their money, which is fine. Then everyone in suburbia has to copy them.
There is no point to it. TASTELESS
I run 17's, but might go to 20's. I doubt I'd want to go anything bigger than that (on my 4X4)

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 01:41 PM
LMFAO... oh, I've been following this pathetic excuse of a conversation...:D It has actually made my afternoon.;) BTW, if you want to "call people out" on their personal public actions on this site, you're gonna be one busy mofo. Oh, and the DCB deal and their owners, I have no problem with, in fact I know and have met a few others, and they are quite cool peeps. I think you my friend have the personal hang up... because if we were dealing with mine, this would be a chick thread.;) Anyway, I take this all in fun... unlike you, and I'm quite sure you're not blowing anyone at DCB... so take it easy, stress isn't a good thing lol...
BTW, how do ya'll seperate all those quotes like that???http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
The conversation does have a pathetic side to it,considering it is a message board on the internet but...oh well I guess.?I have no hang ups,just opinions and they are often wat different than most,but none the less an opinion.I got off easy without any blowing needed,and Im betting Im not Daves favorite client either but I still favor the DCB camp.;)
No stress here,except for the poor typing skills that I have along with grammar,spelling and other things I struggle with on this F'n computer.The multi quotes alone are hard enough on my fingers let alone be able to explain how its done correctly.:D
Now if you'll excuse me I have to chip my neighbors frozen cat off my lawn and throw him back over the fence.:D

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Now if you'll excuse me I have to chip my neighbors frozen cat off my lawn and throw him back over the fence.:D
Now that is music to my ears....pictures would be nice as well.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-14-2007, 01:47 PM
After a close look at the downstairs vendors, there is a huge chance that with exception of Fountain, we will be the highest dollar OEM boat in the room. Very similar to the proverbial "nicest house in a bad neighborhood. .......
Where does being the "highest dollar OEM" (true or not) play into any of this? Wes, you are seriously clueless and wreak of arrogance.... very unbecoming I might add. You mean "Bad ass neighborhood".
I am not a particularly humble person. I am proud of my accomplishments and carry a lot of confidence, often misconstrued as arrogance.
The first step to recovery is recognizing your problem. Get some couch time wes...
I don't try to pander to people who aren't my kind of people anyway.
Thanks for clearing that up.
From a purely marketing standpoint, good or bad, a hater thread that allowed me to come on and retort got you and several other folks talking about it during dinner last night. I don't know who it was, but I have my ideas, and I don't think they are really deck boat buying types anyway. If it is who I suspect, they draw lines between Ford and Chevy, V-drives and jets, orange and blue... If it is them, these are the same guys with so distant a grip on the market that they make fun of modern SUV's. .......
This is pretty funny... most of Billy's better friends are serious millionaires... I think a few of them own deck boats. Good call wes...
very classy wes, maybe you should set up a showroom in Beverly hills. I'm sure "your people" will sell their yachts to own a trident...;)
Jrocket you rule!
wsuwhr- I like your motorhome...:D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC01025.JPG

HavasuBarney
01-14-2007, 02:02 PM
“We must carefully consider the credentials of those who wish to enter our minds in the places where are thought are formed.”
In other words, unless you have a massively successful business based on a re-invented wheel, just shut the hell up about how to do it.
None of us wish to hear Real Estate advice from the homeless.
Along that same note, the only thing some people have made very clear is that they know all about arrogance and what it is like to turn people off by talking too much being a know it all.

BILLY.B
01-14-2007, 02:07 PM
In Bling-Bling's best voice,,,,"Rightttttttt Chief.........."
Who would have thunk-it that a thread such as this would get the Vdrive guys posting in the sandbar forum.
"the sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Brian Good day "Angry Iraqie". Unlike alot of these guys on these forums I can diversify. I jest tend to stay in the fast forum!!!:eek: :D

ratso
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Good day "Angry Iraqie". Unlike alot of these guys on these forums I can diversify. I jest tend to stay in the fast forum!!!:eek: :D
Oh don't be talking about the Sandbar... I saw that "racy" Santa thread ya'll had over there lol...:D

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I will laugh at that picture and not take that as a shot to me personally.
My motorhome is a few steps BELOW that one, minus the paint job.
But I bought it with my own money, and as shitty as it looks, I am proud of it either way.
Thanks
Brian
Just like me though, motoring down the highway in the fast lane.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Good day "Angry Iraqie". Unlike alot of these guys on these forums I can diversify. I jest tend to stay in the fast forum!!!:eek: :D
I still don't understand how I earned that nickname, it is still the dumbest thing I ever heard. It doesn't even apply.
Brian

shadow
01-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Where does being the "highest dollar OEM" (true or not) play into any of this? Wes, you are seriously clueless and wreak of arrogance.... very unbecoming I might add. You mean "Bad ass neighborhood".
The first step to recovery is recognizing your problem. Get some couch time wes...
Thanks for clearing that up.
This is pretty funny... most of Billy's better friends are serious millionaires... I think a few of them own deck boats. Good call wes...
very classy wes, maybe you should set up a showroom in Beverly hills. I'm sure "your people" will sell their yachts to own a trident...;)
Jrocket you rule!
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC01025.JPG
All great points!!

dmontzsta
01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I run 17's, but might go to 20's. I doubt I'd want to go anything bigger than that (on my 4X4)
Why would you want to though? I am not trying to start a disagreement with you personally, but think about it?
You have a 4x4 and you are thinking of 20s? Dont do it, save your money. You are going to spend more on tires and wheels. Also, you will not be able to take it offroad. If you tried, I am sure everyone would get a kick out of it.
I am one who cannot leave things alone, hell I was modifying imports and dropping sick coin. There comes a point when you have to just fight tempation. I have done it with my SUV. The only thing I did was add a 10 disc .mp3 player, for those long trips. You cannot touch a STOCK ride, it is nice a coushy.:idea:

Kilrtoy
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Ratso,
Now for the record I like my DCB and still think they are the best west coast cat out there,over priced but I still think they have the best boat.
s.
YES THEY ARE PERIOD....

ratso
01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Why would you want to though? I am not trying to start a disagreement with you personally, but think about it?
You have a 4x4 and you are thinking of 20s? Dont do it, save your money. You are going to spend more on tires and wheels. Also, you will not be able to take it offroad. If you tried, I am sure everyone would get a kick out of it.
I am one who cannot leave things alone, hell I was modifying imports and dropping sick coin. There comes a point when you have to just fight tempation. I have done it with my SUV. The only thing I did was add a 10 disc .mp3 player, for those long trips. You cannot touch a STOCK ride, it is nice a coushy.:idea:
I would never think of taking it off road...:jawdrop: :D
Actually I was hoping we'd get some freezing rain, ice, sleet, snow... anything just so I could put it in 4X4...:D
The 20's have grown on me a little, but not enough to run down and grab some tomorrow. I like the look of my 17's and 33's...

ratso
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
YES THEY ARE PERIOD....
I was wondering when you was gonna show up...http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/sign0016.gif :D

BILLY.B
01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I am not a particularly humble person, I don't try to pander to people who aren't my kind of people anyway.
and in general, the people who are assholes look like assholes to everyone else, and I don't care that they don't want to buy my boat. After all... who needs assholes.Well one things for sure...you got me thinking on this comeback. You know Les I don't know you, but chances are the guy's that I was having dinner with last night are your type of people. They were asking me about your boat. And I would have to say that they could buy a few of your boats at one time without feeling it. I won't name drop but your "Lil bald machinist" knows who they are. And they were interested in buying deck boats. They asked if Trident was going to the boat show because I told them that Brian knew about your product and did work for you. That's how your name came up. Sorry for all the BS. I'll stay out of it now. Good luck on your endevour.

djunkie
01-14-2007, 02:59 PM
YES THEY ARE PERIOD....
I agree. They are overpriced. :D :D

Kilrtoy
01-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I was wondering when you was gonna show up...http://theinsideline.org/forums/images/smilies/sign0016.gif :D
Sorry it took so long, D.A. just left:D

ratso
01-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry it took so long, D.A. just left:D
...no offense, but you lucky sumbitch.:D

shadow
01-14-2007, 03:09 PM
ttCall me a hater! I call it Diarrhea!
Wes you never slam anyone? In a earlier post you took a stab at Utra and my slow to plane sled.
Slow to plane sled has been on the water every single weekend 9 months a year for the past 5 years.
Can you say that?NOT!Your dual jet that was going to knock the socks off the world went over like a BALSA WOOD TURD!Wait the best performance deck,then fastest to plane,then party platform.
Which is it?So far it hasn't been any thing except for you and you nut swingers.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Well one things for sure...you got me thinking on this comeback. You know Les I don't know you, but chances are the guy's that I was having dinner with last night are your type of people. They were asking me about your boat. And I would have to say that they could buy a few of your boats at one time without feeling it. I won't name drop but your "Lil bald machinist" knows who they are. And they were interested in buying deck boats. They asked if Trident was going to the boat show because I told them that Brian knew about your product and did work for you. That's how your name came up. Sorry for all the BS. I'll stay out of it now. Good luck on your endevour.
Well, I know your relationship with VDV, and probably incorrectly assumed it was him. He has a hard on for attacking me personally, so I probably jumped to conclusions, especially considering his participation in these threads for the last two days.
Tough to keep your back to the wall in here. I also assumed that since you were interested in these particular threads they were speaking negatively about it, which would follow of course.
Back to where we were... my bad.

Jbb
01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Les.....:D

shadow
01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
continued-
when you can have even 1% of any other brand on the water for more than a season then you can talk.
NO a bunch of 20 yr olds drinking free trident beer using your boat as a dance stage with the only proven (store bought) stereo doen't count.
I mean real customers using the boat seaeson in and out.
20 yr olds drinking free beer would praise the owner of a bayliner with a boom box.

shadow
01-14-2007, 03:47 PM
You don't even want me to go to thew story when the toterhome was jack knifed on the launch ramp and you were neck deep in water for 45 minutes trying to put the boat on the trailer.
Sure every customer get a lesson with the purchase of a trident.:eek:
God help us all at least if you are in line to launch,Keep your foot on the brake or put it in park cause you will piss your pants laughing.
I hope you can make me eat my words and i will congradulate you at that time but untill then it's all diarrhea and i'll be the first to supply the TP.
Almost for got YEAH OCTANE:rolleyes:
Lets change our whole companys direction and blame it on octane.:rolleyes:

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Your wrong again Wes,products do speak for themselves all the time.A friend of mine has started a small company and had never done any advertising at all.All sales were from word of mouth and the quality of his product.Odd how you tell Billy B that statement as well seeing how his product speaks for itself clearly.
It isn't the product speaking John... it is the clients. I don't have very many yet. We are new. I am not apologizing for having one boat out there, which is currently waiting in my shop for a new injection system.
We are going to hit the ground running in any case. People recognize the boat, talk about it and know what we are about. I guess if the biggest mountain we have yet to climb is getting over my percieved arrogance, we will do pretty well.
I don't know of a whole lot of people that know me personally that would call me arrogant. This is the internet... things get skewed.
Too bad about this thread, too bad the others have taken a dive, and too bad I am the guy running things around here I guess. I'll have to find a way to live with that.
I don't know how to respond to these threads any more. You guys are priceless. Every time I associate a lot of these guys on here that are being negative, strangely it is in a negative association... Lakers hating, Clippers hating, UCLA hating, USC hating, DCB hating, Ultra hating, V-drive hating, jet hating, Trident hating, big wheel hating, small wheel hating, black hating, white hating... you name it.
How about you guys stop hating so much... If you spend your energy trying to improve the community, industy or waterways, you may end up not hating very much at all.
It has recently occurred to me that the funniest dynamic on here is that the biggest cheerleaders for anything seem to want to do it by hating everything else... from Rhinos to cats.
What a bummer for you guys.

Jbb
01-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Rd Sux.............................:d

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
continued-
when you can have even 1% of any other brand on the water for more than a season then you can talk.
NO a bunch of 20 yr olds drinking free trident beer using your boat as a dance stage with the only proven (store bought) stereo doen't count.
Purely out of curiosity, what do you mean by "store bought"?
You don't even want me to go to thew story when the toterhome was jack knifed on the launch ramp and you were neck deep in water for 45 minutes trying to put the boat on the trailer.
Sure every customer get a lesson with the purchase of a trident.
God help us all at least if you are in line to launch,Keep your foot on the brake or put it in park cause you will piss your pants laughing.
I think you should mention the story... you got half of it out. Why don't you mention the 50 knot winds, the moving dock at Crazy Horse and a prototype trailer, out for the first weekend after getting it from Extreme? Go ahead Darryl... It is actually pretty indicative of your mentality that you sat and watched instead of helping. Way to be a team player. You might also mention that it was at 2:00 in the morning because we wanted to make sure that there was nobody having to wait while we sorted it out...
Almost for got YEAH OCTANE
Lets change our whole companys direction and blame it on octane.
I have a better idea...
Wow... I am glad I deleted what I just wrote... wouldn't want to be called a hater...
How about this... we detonate our fifth and final twin turbo injected motor and realize that the jet drive takes too much power to go as fast as we want to. Instead of spending more money on a non-accepted drive and engine package after two seasons of pure development time... we will attempt to actually make some money.
It isn't like I am putting 496 mags in a heavy 27 boat in any case... That would be a dick move.

shadow
01-14-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't know how to respond to these threads any more. You guys are priceless. Every time I associate a lot of these guys on here that are being negative, strangely it is in a negative association... Lakers hating, Clippers hating, UCLA hating, USC hating, DCB hating, Ultra hating, V-drive hating, jet hating, Trident hating, big wheel hating, small wheel hating, black hating, white hating... you name it.
How about you guys stop hating so much... If you spend your energy trying to improve the community, industy or waterways, you may end up not hating very much at all.
Kinda funny how if you are not cheerleader you are a hater.:confused:
I've been quite this whole time and have been waiting and seems that if you don't like (doesn't appeal) to you you can't speak with out picking a side.
Belive it or not i'm not a Trident Hater,But i also get tired of hearing all the
one sided hype.

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
It isn't the product speaking John... it is the clients. I don't have very many yet. We are new. I am not apologizing for having one boat out there, which is currently waiting in my shop for a new injection system.
We are going to hit the ground running in any case. People recognize the boat, talk about it and know what we are about. I guess if the biggest mountain we have yet to climb is getting over my percieved arrogance, we will do pretty well.
I don't know of a whole lot of people that know me personally that would call me arrogant. This is the internet... things get skewed.
Too bad about this thread, too bad the others have taken a dive, and too bad I am the guy running things around here I guess. I'll have to find a way to live with that.
It has recently occurred to me that the funniest dynamic on here is that the biggest cheerleaders for anything seem to want to do it by hating everything else... from Rhinos to cats.
Your lost Wes! I dont hate you or your product.Things do get skewed on the internet,agreed,but I read what you write and draw my own conclusions..which is your too arrogant and come across way too cocky for a guy who is trying to start up a boat manufacturing company in a boating forum.None the less I DO wish you the best on your venture but your writings still leave me with a headache and draw me away from having any interest in your product at all.
Ive drug this out far enough,Ive said my side and dont feel like I need to hammer this issue on Wes anymore.
The hater.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Kinda funny how if you are not cheerleader you are a hater.:confused:
I've been quite this whole time and have been waiting and seems that if you don't like (doesn't appeal) to you you can't speak with out picking a side.
Belive it or not i'm not a Trident Hater,But i also get tired of hearing all the
one sided hype.
From where I am sitting, this appears to be a two way range. I think that there is plenty of negative stuff written about myself and our project to more than offest anyone who has actually been in the boat praising it...
You haven't been quiet this whole time... you have been chiming in off and on about how you were interested and now you aren't anymore... jack-knifing on ramps, 20 year olds yada yada yada.... you are slinging mud and being negative... face it and own up to it.

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
STORE BOUGHT = any 5yr old with enough allowance money could go to any said audio manufacture and buy components,weather it be JL,Fosgate,kicker you name it.STORE BOUGHT.
STORE BOUGHT = any 5 yr old with enough allowance money can go to any said manufactuer and buy.
I think you should mention the story... you got half of it out. Why don't you mention the 50 knot winds, the moving dock at Crazy Horse and a prototype trailer, out for the first weekend after getting it from Extreme? Go ahead Darryl... It is actually pretty indicative of your mentality that you sat and watched instead of helping. Way to be a team player.
50 mph winds:rolleyes: Pleeeeeeeeeease stop.if it was windy that day you need to hire a captain.
we came into the cove at the same time,my wife backe dour excursion down.
Bam boats on ther trailer,back to the trailer,made a drink,got on the rhino drove down to the launch and watch your fiasco.purley Elementry rookies!
Not to mention the wind didn't jack knife your trailer.
tt

Jetboatguru
01-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Wes, if you look nobody is bad mouthing your boat. It is YOU that is the target. Maybe think about the common denominator in the complaints and ask yourself if maybe there is some merit to the so called haters attacks.. I was and still am interested in how your boat performs.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
STORE BOUGHT = any 5yr old with enough allowance money could go to any said audio manufacture and buy components,weather it be JL,Fosgate,kicker you name it.STORE BOUGHT.
So you think I should start designing stereo components? Again, out of curiosity, who built your stereo? It came stock from Ultra like that right?
50 mph winds Pleeeeeeeeeease stop.if it was windy that day you need to hire a captain.
we came into the cove at the same time,my wife backe dour excursion down.
Bam boats on ther trailer,back to the trailer,made a drink,got on the rhino drove down to the launch and watch your fiasco.purley Elementry rookies!
Not to mention the wind didn't jack knife your trailer.
Again, thanks for the help. It is greatly appreciated.
The only time I can remember taking a long time on the trailer was over Memorial Day weekend... the first weekend on the water for the three guys I took with me. One of them jack-knifed the Toterhome in the parking lot at Crazy Horse trying to turn around. I wasn't in the truck. We did spend a while getting the boat trailered though. Could have been the complete lack of vertical stabilizers on the trailer that did that though. We spent in excess of 20 minutes getting it on that night for sure. The dock was blowing all around, you had to hold the boat perfectly straight on the trailer while it was getting pulled out and we only had two people there... one was in the truck pulling it out, the other was trying to help get it straight. Turns out that with the dock moving all around and pushing the boat around... it was pretty tough.
That was the last weekend we had that problem though... it got dropped off at Extreme on the way home in fact.
Thanks for bringing that up though... I'm sure that will help the discussion from here on out...
You really a piece of work man... All smiles and handshakes in person but really not much of a freind on here. Good to know I guess.

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:18 PM
STORE BOUGHT === ANY 5 yr old with enough allowance money could contact (X) brand buy and have installed.
I think you should mention the story... you got half of it out. Why don't you mention the 50 knot winds, the moving dock at Crazy Horse and a prototype trailer, out for the first weekend after getting it from Extreme? Go ahead Darryl... It is actually pretty indicative of your mentality that you sat and watched instead of helping. Way to be a team player. You might also mention that it was at 2:00 in the morning because we wanted to make sure that there was nobody having to wait while we sorted it out...
Dude you are completely DELUSIONAL!! It was about 6pm we pulled into Crazy Horse cove 5 minutes before you.
My wife back got our Excursion and the boat was on the trailer,we went to our trailer
got on the Rhino and drove back down to meet some friends while we were side tracked by your whole fiasco.I went the other direction so you wouldn't see me and be embarrassed.
BY the way 50 mph winds didn't jack knife your tow vehicle.

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:21 PM
So you think I should start designing stereo components? Again, out of curiosity, who built your stereo? It came stock from Ultra like that right?
The only time I can remember taking a long time on the trailer was over Memorial Day weekend... the first weekend on the water for the three guys I took with me. One of them jack-knifed the Toterhome in the parking lot at Crazy Horse trying to turn around. I wasn't in the truck. We did spend a while getting the boat trailered though. Could have been the complete lack of vertical stabilizers on the trailer that did that though. We spent in excess of 20 minutes getting it on that night for sure. The dock was blowing all around, you had to hold the boat perfectly straight on the trailer while it was getting pulled out and we only had two people there... one was in the truck pulling it out, the other was trying to help get it straight. Turns out that with the dock moving all around and pushing the boat around... it was pretty tough.
That was the last weekend we had that problem though... it got dropped off at Extreme on the way home in fact.
Thanks for bringing that up though... I'm sure that will help the discussion from here on out...
You really a piece of work man... All smiles and handshakes in person but really not much of a freind on here. Good to know I guess.
I didn't want to EMBARRASS you thats why i didn't help.I headed the other direction so you could save face!!!!
Any one that knows me .Knows i'd be the first one to help.I was helping your ARROGANT EGO you just didn't know it..

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Wes, if you look nobody is bad mouthing your boat. It is YOU that is the target. Maybe think about the common denominator in the complaints and ask yourself if maybe there is some merit to the so called haters attacks.. I was and still am interested in how your boat performs.
I get it Tony... plainly clear. I just don't know what to do about it. I don't want to dumb down my personality, I am who I am. I may be a startup boat builder, but I have accomplished more in my life and succeeded on so many levels that it pretty tough to consider my lack of universal acceptance on an internet forum as a failure.
There is really only a few options... stop posting on here, change login names and blast the **** away or piss off some people on here who worry way too much about what they think about others and go about my business.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I didn't want to EMBARRASS you thats why i didn't help.I headed the other direction so you could save face!!!!
Any one that knows me .Knows i'd be the first one to help.I was helping your ego you just didn't know it..
Yeah, that worked out great for me today. Way to help me save face...
I know you, and you didn't help. You not only weren't the first to help, but you came back on and made fun. That puts you in a special place in my heart...

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
In my best sneezing voice AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BULLSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
there was no wind,no docks flying!
My wife had no problem with the tow vehicle and i no problem putting the boat on the trailer.
If you and your 2 helpers are that incompetent please stay away from Crazy Horse Launch ramp.Thats why we pay a monthly spot to get away from the CHAOS of inexperienced boaters.

Jetboatguru
01-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I get it Tony... plainly clear. I just don't know what to do about it. I don't want to dumb down my personality, I am who I am. I may be a startup boat builder, but I have accomplished more in my life and succeeded on so many levels that it pretty tough to consider my lack of universal acceptance on an internet forum as a failure.
There is really only a few options... stop posting on here, change login names and blast the **** away or piss off some people on here who worry way too much about what they think about others and go about my business.
I hear ya Wes. There is a lot of room in between those options. Your comments about your boats while bold and optomistic are also constrewed to be arrogant and abrasive even if that is not your intent.
Tony

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, that worked out great for me today. Way to help me save face...
I know you, and you didn't help. You not only weren't the first to help, but you came back on and made fun. That puts you in a special place in my heart...
Dude it's a year later and and the only 2 that have talked about it was between my wife and i.
Never mention a word until now.What a year later.I figure with all the beating on your chest about how bad ass a navy seal you would Handle the situation.
I didn't know you needed me to come to your RESCUE LIKE A BABY HARP SEAL.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Well, I know your relationship with VDV, and probably incorrectly assumed it was him. He has a hard on for attacking me personally, so I probably jumped to conclusions, especially considering his participation in these threads for the last two days.
Tough to keep your back to the wall in here. I also assumed that since you were interested in these particular threads they were speaking negatively about it, which would follow of course.
Back to where we were... my bad.
You must be referring to this little beauty...
From a purely marketing standpoint, good or bad, a hater thread that allowed me to come on and retort got you and several other folks talking about it during dinner last night. I don't know who it was, but I have my ideas, and I don't think they are really deck boat buying types anyway. If it is who I suspect, they draw lines between Ford and Chevy, V-drives and jets, orange and blue... If it is them, these are the same guys with so distant a grip on the market that they make fun of modern SUV's. .
If so, get your facts straight... I have a ford next to a chevy in both my driveway and garage, I make videos for jet and v-drive friends. I could care less about orange and blue and have only made fun of suv's sportin what I consider rediculous wheels that you just so happen to like. Big deal:cry:
As far as deck boats go, I definately would never buy what I consider an overpriced, unexciting, floating patio. That goes for all of them not just yours. Don't confuse me with a hater, I just prefer smaller, lighter, higher powered craft for my recreation. What the rest of the world chooses to own is fine with me....different strokes for different folks... Do I know people who own deckboats? Of course and so what!!!
Please Mr. Froggyshizzle,
I am not personally attacking you only trying (like many others in here) to make you aware that you come off that a pompous snob. If it weren't true you wouldn't think anything of it...
and quit choking on the boatshow "basement" hateraide, its the "coolest" room of the show.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM
If you and your 2 helpers are that incompetent please stay away from Crazy Horse Launch ramp.Thats why we pay a monthly spot to get away from the CHAOS of inexperienced boaters.
So do we and it aint cheap

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Please don't tell me my association to hating kitties is a bad thing.
I would be crushed.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Atleast I jumped the shark!
Les only tried
http://battellemedia.com/images/Shark%20Jump.JPG

shadow
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Nope.Cost more than any 5 yr old with a decent allownace.Only difference between yours and mine .Mines been rocking out some and irriatating others on the water and in the Channel.Thanks to WIRED FOR SOUND AND HELP FROM CAR TOYZ!!!!
for 5 yrs WITHOUT GOLFCART BATTERIES..Same batteries for 5 yrs as a matter o fact.
Nope.Cost more than any 5 yr old with a decent allownace.Only difference between yours and mine .Mines been rocking out some and irriatating others on the water and in the Channel.Thanks to WIRED FOR SOUND AND HELP FROM CAR TOYZ!!!!
for 5 yrs WITHOUT GOLFCART BATTERIES..Same batteries for 5 yrs as a matter o fact.

Dribble
01-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow... you guys said a lot.
Everyone is happy with their wheels because they don't know any better, and the lack of information has fueled a gross stagnation of the industry. The industry has not been catalyzed to innovate, because people are fine with the way it is...
Not true. I know exactly what I have (including the flaws) and I'm sure most other people do too. I know my Tahoe isn't the best thing out there. From an enginerring and R&D standpoint the Harley just plain sucks (but I like it). I doubt I would ever spend the upcharge for your boat, because I don't see the cost benefit. That doesn't mean that I don't know any better. I do. You already know that other people will see the benefit. You'll be calling them customers.
But just because I don't wear a $10,000 rolex doesn't mean I don't know about time.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
You actually sound like a 16 year old that got a hold of the computer.

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:13 PM
You actually sound like a 16 year old that got a hold of the computer.
Dude you just asked the question and i answered.
But if you are headed there we can go.:boxingguy

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:15 PM
As far as deck boats go, I definately would never buy what I consider an overpriced, unexciting, floating patio. That goes for all of them not just yours. Don't confuse me with a hater, I just prefer smaller, lighter, higher powered craft for my recreation. What the rest of the world chooses to own is fine with me....different strokes for different folks... Do I know people who own deckboats? Of course and so what!!!
Right... and to make sure that everyone knows this you come on and call everyones pride and joy an overpriced, unexciting floating patio. All of them, not just mine.
Can't you hear how retarded that sounds? Say it to yourself like someone else was saying it.
Since you prefer something smaller and lighter, not neccessarily higher powered, you want to call a larger, more expensive and intricately developed craft overpriced?
And then in the same breath talk about different strokes for different folks...
How's this dude... your attitude, arrogance and beligerance would keep me from using you for any video work, for any reason. Word of mouth is big in this industry. You should shut the hell up about bagging on peoples stuff if you know what is good for you. You are representing your company on here and everyone is making decisions about your product because of your posts. I know plenty of people looking for video work, and have dinner with millionaires... yada yada yada... It is tough to remember all of the crap you guys have spewed on here and repeat it, so I will hope you get the gist...
You guys crack me up.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Dude you just asked the question and i answered.
But if you are headed there we can go.:boxingguy
Nice store bought stereo Darryl...

djunkie
01-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Can I get a hug? :D :D

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Right... How's this dude... your attitude, arrogance and beligerance would keep me from using you for any video work, for any reason. Word of mouth is big in this industry. You should shut the hell up about bagging on peoples stuff if you know what is good for you. You are representing your company on here and everyone is making decisions about your product because of your posts. I know plenty of people looking for video work, and have dinner with millionaires... yada yada yada... It is tough to remember all of the crap you guys have spewed on here and repeat it, so I will hope you get the gist...
You guys crack me up.
Wes now who's sounding like a poutint little 16 yr old Biotch?
Look at me i have dinner with millioneers!:rolleyes:
Who gives a **** i have dinner with people that don't give a **** who you dine with.

dicudmore
just for the record...my bet is on Teresa--I wouldn't mess with that one :D

Froggystyle
Can I get a hug? :D :D
Get one from Darryl... he appears to be in the mood...

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Wes now who's sounding like a poutint little 16 yr old Biotch?
Look at me i have dinner with millioneers!:rolleyes:
Who gives a **** i have dinner with people that don't give a **** who you dine with.
For the record... it was a joke. I just was repeating what they have been saying for the last two days dude... try to keep up, or at least read the whole post, like the part where I explain that it is a joke, and make fun of it...
And exactly... they sound like pouty 16 year old bitches.
***I want to re-iterate this for anyone who didn't get it the last time I posted this... the above post to V-Drive Video where I mention dining with millionaires, word of mouth, behave as a businessman etc... was intended to make fun of him and everyone else who has chimed in with how unprofessional I am being, while they were also being businessmen who are negatively flaming another member of the same industry... It was a joke peeps. It may have been a little subtle though, so I will go ahead and put this disclaimer in bold... Thank you... back to your regularly scheduled horse beating...

djunkie
01-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Get one from Darryl... he appears to be in the mood...
Don't mind him. He quit smoking so he's a little jumpy right now I'll bet. :D :D

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks! just makes me feel good i don't have to buy a toterhome and advertise Tour de Shadow and give away free beer for people to come dance on my boat and swing from my nuts.

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Save it
FROM FROGGYSTYLE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously... what have you got going on today? I thought we were freinds... at least at some level. You are getting really, really petty in there, and have to wonder what your motivation is.
I am not responding to any more of your posts. You have lowered yourself hugely in my book, and won't be waving at you anymore in the channel I guess.
Have fun... let me know how that all works out for you.
Just so you know my heart is broken.NOT!!
Like i said before if you can't handle some critisim don't put yourself on front street.
If you can't wave to me than you are not the man i thought you were.
You are a seal and seals don't cave in that easy!!!
Pick your chin up and show us don't tell us.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Well, this has been fun but I have to get out of here and go to our "24" season premier party tonight...
You kids have fun. I'll see if I can fit my head through the door on the way out of here.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Just so you know my heart is broken.NOT!!
Like i said before if you can't handle some critisim don't put yourself on front street.
If you can't wave to me than you are not the man i thought you were.
You are a seal and seals don't cave in that easy!!!
Pick your chin up and show us don't tell us.
I can wave, I am just going to choose not to from now on. You aren't acting like a freind, and I don't wave at people that aren't freinds. I am not caving in either... I am putting you in a pile with a lot of other folks, people I can't trust, believe in or have my back. There are lots of them on here it seems... more than I thought in any case.
What the good news is, there also appears to be a whole lot of people I didn't know were as supportive of what we are doing that have made themselves known by their comments... and those people I appreciate more than you can imagine. Thanks to you guys and gals. We won't forget about you.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks! just makes me feel good i don't have to buy a toterhome and advertise Tour de Shadow and give away free beer for people to come dance on my boat and swing from my nuts.
What can I say... I love it when people dance on my boat and swing on my nuts... I figure it is worth a couple of six packs every now and then...

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Any more PM's Or are you not responding to them either?
Rather than go in private and pm i'll tell my feeeling.
You have Wishuwrhr and your other nut swingers on your payroll.
If me or anyone else has any different opinions other than yours or Tridents is considered a Hater.
Well i say **** it if i can't voice with out being a hater than i'll take a side.
Call me a hater and bring it.
Now should we go to the episode of getting towed to the channel in the early am while everyones eyes were still glued shut from the night before
waiting all day making excuses why there were no test rides today then waiting till 10 pm to get towed back to the ramp that night.
Continue if you want.I'm just verbally bitch slapping you cause you are in dire need of it.

Froggystyle
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
This thread reminds me of why you never mud-wrestle with a pig....
You end up filthy, and the pig loves it.
Have fun guys...

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
It isn't criticism Darryl... it is being a jerk. You aren't criticizing, you are being antagonistic. There is a difference.
I can wave, I am just going to choose not to from now on. You aren't acting like a freind, and I don't wave at people that aren't freinds. I am not caving in either... I am putting you in a pile with a lot of other folks, people I can't trust, believe in or have my back. There are lots of them on here it seems... more than I thought in any case.
What the good news is, there also appears to be a whole lot of people I didn't know were as supportive of what we are doing that have made themselves known by their comments... and those people I appreciate more than you can imagine. Thanks to you guys and gals. We won't forget about you.
Wes the only reason you won't be waving to me in the channel is cause so far you are BOATLESS.
Get a boat that is worthy and drive through the channel and Flip me off.
I will finally give you a nod weather it means a shit to you or not.

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Have fun guys...
Can't out piss a Skunk!!!:devil:

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I am not on Wes' payroll and I think you better start choosing your words a little better.
Research your accusations.
Brian
Any more PM's Or are you not responding to them either?
Rather than go in private and pm i'll tell my feeeling.
You have Wishuwrhr and your other nut swingers on your payroll.
If me or anyone else has any different opinions other than yours or Tridents is considered a Hater.
Well i say **** it if i can't voice with out being a hater than i'll take a side.
Call me a hater and bring it.
Now should we go to the episode of getting towed to the channel in the early am while everyones eyes were still glued shut from the night before
waiting all day making excuses why there were no test rides today then waiting till 10 pm to get towed back to the ramp that night.
Continue if you want.I'm just verbally bitch slapping you cause you are in dire need of it.

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I am not on Wes' payroll and I think you better start choosing your words a little better.
Research your accusations.
Brian
OR ELSE WHAT NUT SWINGER?
You gonna get me banned? I'm not hard to find,IF you are looking.
You put yourself in the position,only you and Wes know what position you like best.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 06:16 PM
OR ELSE WHAT NUT SWINGER?
You gonna get me banned? I'm not hard to find,IF you are looking.
You put yourself in the position,only you and Wes know what position you like best.
WOW, laughs. Are you serious? ME get YOU banned? Like I even give a shit.
Look at you getting all chestiepoppieoutie an' shit. For what?
OR ELSE you are going to look like someone spouting off at the mouth.
Nothing you have said about me is true. Maybe you don't care and that's fine.
Brian

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
WOW,
Nothing you have said about me is true. Maybe you don't care and that's fine.
Brian
YEP COULD REALLY GIVE A SHIT!But seems you were Wes's cheerleader in this thread.Now all of a sudden?
Then your Statement struck me alittle wrong (you better start choosing your words alittle better)
Please explain? Why i should?

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Well if you don't give a shit, why should I bother?
Thanks.
Brian
YEP COULD REALLY GIVE A SHIT!But seems you were Wes's cheerleader in this thread.Now all of a sudden?
Then your Statement struck me alittle wrong (you better start choosing your words alittle better)
Please explain? Why i should?

Rexone
01-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Happy New Year everyone.
Has anyone seen my mittens. Seems cold lately.
How bout those Chargers.

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Happy New Year everyone.
Has anyone seen my mittens. Seems cold lately.
How bout those Chargers.
Thanks Rex!
Now i can bow out with my tail between my legs.;)

Seadog
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
While I find this amusing, it does seem that there are a few people on here taking pot shots at Froggy. There is no one that does something that goes against the norm, that is not going to be driven. And they have to be overly confident in their ability. I like hearing both the good and the bad points of any product. It keeps me an informed consumer.
I should mention a couple of points. Do you know any manufacturer that does not brag about the greatness of their product? Do you know anyone that has done some different, in a good way, that is not proud of it? Has anyone the right to say that they did everything perfect, everytime? How many people will not buy a new car in the first year of production because they worry about first year bugs, while others want to have the first of a new model?
If you expect perfection, start with yourself. I don't know Froggy and while interested in his product, my interest is strictly from an engineering perspective.

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks Rex!
Now i can bow outn with my tail between my legs.;)
Well until RD popped his big ol nose in.:D

Jbb
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Blistering cold in fact.. It's supposed to be 26 degrees tonight here in carlsbad!! :eek:
RD
:rolleyes:

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
While I find this amusing, it does seem that there are a few people on here taking pot shots at Froggy. There is no one that does something that goes against the norm, that is not going to be driven. And they have to be overly confident in their ability. I like hearing both the good and the bad points of any product. It keeps me an informed consumer.
I should mention a couple of points. Do you know any manufacturer that does not brag about the greatness of their product? Do you know anyone that has done some different, in a good way, that is not proud of it? Has anyone the right to say that they did everything perfect, everytime? How many people will not buy a new car in the first year of production because they worry about first year bugs, while others want to have the first of a new model?
If you expect perfection, start with yourself. I don't know Froggy and while interested in his product, my interest is strictly from an engineering perspective.
Agreed and true.But lets either quit advertising and start producing.
I belive it or not would love to see the market expand and have seen it expand with new products that have hit the market without all the hype.
Can't we after years of hype expect to say put up or shut up.
definately on the right track now just do it. I feel like im from the show me state. SHOW ME or finally shut up!

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't forget the beer belly and skinny arms.. ;) :D
RD
Hey check with RB i sent something to him for you and should have it yesterday or tommorow.:)

h2oski2fast
01-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Don't forget the beer belly and skinny arms.. ;) :D
RD
Maybe you should try a heavier pool cue or even a 32oz. CL. I didn't say a 40oz. on purpose, wouldn't want you to strain yourself. :D :D :D

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:54 PM
RB being Riverbound?
RD
YEP! he should have a package on his door step.:)

No Name
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Holly shiat……now that was some good reading. For me that’s what HB is all about.:D :D
Shadow, I may have to rethink this quitting smoking idea I have. :D
j/k brother. ;)

shadow
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Holly shiat……now that was some good reading. For me that’s what HB is all about.:D :D
Shadow, I may have to rethink this quitting smoking idea I have. :D
j/k brother. ;)
Thats the best post all night.LMFAO:D
Well over a month now smoke free.Just imagine if you had to live with me.:eek:

h2oski2fast
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Stacy and I were just talking about this.. I've definately gained my "winter weight" :D I have a weight machine that I never use that I'm going to bring home this week, as well as an excersize bike. We both are going to try and get in shape for summer.... :D (Who am i Kidding right?)
RD
You quit smoking, now you're gonna exercize? Is the world coming to an end, and everyone forgot to tell me? J/K RD, I wish you luck....... it only takes a couple weeks to get into the habbit, but those couple weeks hurt the most.

Jbb
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
I've definately gained my "winter weight" RD
:jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21903&stc=1&d=1168737510

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Right... and to make sure that everyone knows this you come on and call everyones pride and joy an overpriced, unexciting floating patio. All of them, not just mine..
Thats right wes, I'm not afraid to speak my mind. As shocking as it may seem, I'm not the only one who doesn't want a deckboat--> any of them.
Can't you hear how retarded that sounds? Say it to yourself like someone else was saying it. .
No wes, its no different than someone saying they don't want a potato chip, back breakin, unrefined, drag boat. ;) It doesn't bother me... I'm secure with who I am regardless of popular or unpopular opinion. Can you say that?
Since you prefer something smaller and lighter, not neccessarily higher powered, you want to call a larger, more expensive and intricately developed craft overpriced? .
Just my opinion. I'm happy boating with half the investment needed to buy your deal. And yes, I said higher powered.
And then in the same breath talk about different strokes for different folks... .
Thats right, in the same breath. Next time tie it in with the rest of the phrase.
How's this dude... your attitude, arrogance and beligerance would keep me from using you for any video work, for any reason. .
No dude, you're the one in the "arrogance hot seat" not me. (that's a different thread that hasn't been started yet:D )
Word of mouth is big in this industry. .
And judging by your threads, you may want to consider that!
You should shut the hell up about bagging on peoples stuff if you know what is good for you. You are representing your company on here and everyone is making decisions about your product because of your posts. .
Did Mr. integrity just say "shut the hell up?" Careful there chief, you don't want to sound like a HATER!LOL!!!
I know plenty of people looking for video work, and have dinner with millionaires... yada yada yada... It is tough to remember all of the crap you guys have spewed on here and repeat it, so I will hope you get the gist... .
I have a buddy who owns "Static films" he's always looking for cheap video work. Let me know if you want his number.:)
You guys crack me up.
Stay off the crack...:rollside:

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll hit him up about it tomorrow? I'm a little curious as to what it is? A "shadow" shirt to wear for the next time I'm going down to see Wes maybe? :D
RD
You must bew a carpenter cause you just hit the nail on the head.:)

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Stacy and I were just talking about this.. I've definately gained my "winter weight" :D I have a weight machine that I never use that I'm going to bring home this week, as well as an excersize bike. We both are going to try and get in shape for summer.... :D (Who am i Kidding right?)
RD
Im interested in taking life insurance out on RD,can somebody contact me with the details please.

No Name
01-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Thats the best post all night.LMFAO:D
Well over a month now smoke free.Just imagine if you had to live with me.:eek:
Congrats again.;)
I start tomorrow, and you can bet your ass I'm going to be tearing it up on HB for the first week or two.:D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Wes the only reason you won't be waving to me in the channel is cause so far you are BOATLESS.
Get a boat that is worthy and drive through the channel and Flip me off.
I will finally give you a nod weather it means a shit to you or not.
Great post!!! I hit the floor after reading this one!!!!:D :D :D

echo
01-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I had to wait awhile Shadow,but it is good to know your really a jerk. Awhile back i posted about Bruce Nescher and you got all over it.Good luck

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
I had to wait awhile Shadow,but it is good to know your really a jerk. Awhile back i posted about Bruce Nescher and you got all over it.Good luck
Huh?:confused:
Please refresh my memory,wouldn't be the first time i've been called a jerk.
just wondering why this time?
This is not gonna be a hit run? you will come back and explain.

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Echo
HELLooooooo
HELLooooooooooooooo
HELLooooooooooooooooooo
sounds like an echo:idea:

echo
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I posted about the earlier years in havasu. for some reason you needed to make a joke out of it.

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I posted about the earlier years in havasu. for some reason you needed to make a joke out of it.
OK thats a start now can i buy a vowel?Help me out here i'm trying to remember when i offened you.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472724gfckyrslf-med.jpg

echo
01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Strange reaction for a person that lives in havasu.imo

echo
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
reading that you watched a guy struggle at the ramp,and with a new boat,and that you knew the guy ,puts you right where i figured.

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Strange reaction for a person that lives in havasu.imo
Don't remember asking your opinion.But since it seems to on your mind can you enlighten me? we aint getting any younger and some uf have to work tommorrow,so the sooner you get to the point the better off we might be.

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
reading that you watched a guy struggle at the ramp,and with a new boat,and that you knew the guy ,puts you right where i figured.
OK Give me another vowel Vanna.
And a trip to Hawaii for the winner?

dicudmore
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
OK thats a start now can i buy a vowel?Help me out here i'm trying to remember when i offened you.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472724gfckyrslf-med.jpg
in the "Did Sean @ Magic ever apologize to Keith Sayre" thread...
echo makes reference to Bruce Nescher (sp??) and you say don't know him or Jack :D

echo
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
WAs a short post about meeting Bruce Nescher and buying a new boat from him. For some reason you felt good about knocking my age.Seeing some of your posts in this thread,it's obvious you have problems with people that are more ambitious than your self.

shadow
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
in the "Did Sean @ Magic ever apologize to Keith Sayre" thread...
echo makes reference to Bruce Nescher (sp??) and you say don't know him or Jack :D
Thanks Dan,i could have been splitting hairs with this retard all night.
You are right Echo! don't know Jack so he don't mean jack to me.
untill you can produce jack he don't mean jack.

ratso
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
...that is pretty sad:(
Seems as boaters, we would be a little closer knit group, but there are pricks in every crowd. There are a few on here that come across as total asses, yet if they were in trouble I'd offer a hand and a beer or two. Who knows, you could end up with a friend you might otherwise have never had. It's funny how so many of these threads spiral out of control and you see all the haters and shit talkers jumping on the bashing bandwagon. Anything new such as something like what Wes is doing probably has more headaches than a bunch of us could even imagine. Too bad it isn't on the schedule that some others think it should be on. Who cares if it's going to take another year or another five. It seems he is dealing with issues and working the bugs out of it and changing things on a consistent basis. I remember when there were nothing but drawings of this "so-called boat that was to be built", and honestly, I thought it was all bullshit... but I have followed this since day one and what do you know, he has built it... exactly like he said he was, and apparently with all the quality features... just as promised. Wes is a man of his word, and that in itself is more than I can say for a lot of people.

shadow
01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
WAs a short post about meeting Bruce Nescher and buying a new boat from him. For some reason you felt good about knocking my age.Seeing some of your posts in this thread,it's obvious you have problems with people that are more ambitious than your self.
Is it age or ambition you are arguing with yourself over?
I'm 43 middle aged and fairly ambitious ok with
that if i made a comment
and hurt you feelings go back do a search so we can come to an understanding.I vaguely remember you throwing a name out in a thread like
someone was supposed to bow down.Then you were but hurt.
maybe you can get on your knees for names you've never heard of but that aint me.
Ambition or age has nothing to do with it.

THOR
01-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Here is my take:
Wes seems like a cool dude. I have not ridden in his boat nor have I seen it in person. But, the pics sure seem like it has a ton of room and a killer gel. I know nothing about the dual jet system therefore I cant comment on that.
Also, I dont know Shadow either.

shadow
01-14-2007, 08:07 PM
...that is pretty sad:(
Seems as boaters, we would be a little closer knit group, but there are pricks in every crowd. There are a few on here that come across as total asses, yet if they were in trouble I'd offer a hand and a beer or two. Who knows, you could end up with a friend you might otherwise have never had. It's funny how so many of these threads spiral out of control and you see all the haters and shit talkers jumping on the bashing bandwagon. Anything new such as something like what Wes is doing probably has more headaches than a bunch of us could even imagine. Too bad it isn't on the schedule that some others think it should be on. Who cares if it's going to take another year or another five. It seems he is dealing with issues and working the bugs out of it and changing things on a consistent basis. I remember when there were nothing but drawings of this "so-called boat that was to be built", and honestly, I thought it was all bullshit... but I have followed this since day one and what do you know, he has built it... exactly like he said he was, and apparently with all the quality features... just as promised. Wes is a man of his word, and that in itself is more than I can say for a lot of people.
Ratso
sad thing is we don't see
the owner s of
Ultra
DCB
Comander
Cobra
Dana
Howard
cole
magic
Nordic
Eliminator
Hallet
Domin8ter
conquest
lightning
genisis
orion
shockwave aftershock
carrera
sunsation
skater
spectre
and the list goes on about how much better thier boat is than anyone in the industry.
Secondly they all have proof to walk the walk if they decided to start the claims.

ratso
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Ratso
sad thing is we don't see
the owner s of
Ultra
DCB
Comander
Cobra
Dana
Howard
cole
magic
Nordic
Eliminator
Hallet
Domin8ter
conquest
lightning
genisis
orion
shockwave aftershock
carrera
sunsation
skater
spectre
and the list goes on about how much better thier boat is than anyone in the industry.
Secondly they all have proof to walk the walk if they decided to start the claims.
I look at it as someone that is very proud of their product. Sure Wes is tooting his own horn a lot... but that's Wes. As I said, I've watched this evolve since day 1, and so far he has done everything he said he was going to do. It's been interesting to say the least. I just don't believe in bashing someone because I don't like their personality, and if I do it's usually in fun and I'll make it clear to them if things get sideways. I was amazed at your posts toward Wes, and then to find they came from a 43 year old man...:confused: You talk of all the other boat manufacturers that never come on here??? I have seen some of them in the past, and it usually turns to shit, kind of like this thread. Do you honestly blame them???

shadow
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I look at it as someone that is very proud of their product. Sure Wes is tooting his own horn a lot... but that's Wes. As I said, I've watched this evolve since day 1, and so far he has done everything he said he was going to do. It's been interesting to say the least. I just don't believe in bashing someone because I don't like their personality, and if I do it's usually in fun and I'll make it clear to them if things get sideways. I was amazed at your posts toward Wes, and then to find they came from a 43 year old man...:confused: You talk of all the other boat manufacturers that never come on here??? I have seen some of them in the past, and it usually turns to shit, kind of like this thread. Do you honestly blame them???
huh???????????????????
Yeah i've known Wes since day one as well.Now it's time to tone it down
some cause he hasn't to this point as you say done everything he has said.
What i and others that are not afraid to speak up and say have seen him bash everyone from Merc & every boat manufacturer on down the line.And now look for Illmor and Bob Teauge to bail him out.Am i wrong?
If anyone see's any thing different than the trident clan they are Haters.
By the way the other manufactures don't need to come on ***boat to prove them selves they
have boats actually on the water proving themselves with satisfied cutomers that will speak for them.

OKIE-JET
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Seems like some people dont like this guy Wes for reasons other than the fact hes just some dude tryin to build a boat. I dont know Wes or Trident boats, but seems like hes just tryin to make a living.......on a sidenote, just my opinion here, but if your contemplating spending a hundred grand plus for a summer toy...put that pipe down immediately!:D

echo
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
That you watched the guy neck deep in water at the ramp,puts you right where i figured.

shadow
01-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Just food for thought!
While I've never been one to back away from a good fight or argument, you people don't appear to know the differences between constructive critisizm. personal assassination, and just plain hitting below the belt.
Guys, I AM NOT TAKING SIDES HERE, just observations and comments. I think I've known most of you for a while even if never having hung with all of you personally but this ain't the way to go about whatever it is you are trying to accomplish or convey.
This didn't have to turn ugly.
Wes, is getting backed into a corner from all sides and it has changed the tone of his posts. He doesn't usually get this defensive but I've not read anything posted about him in times past as unwarrented and cruel as some of the things on this thread have been.
WSHYOUWERELIVINSOMWHERELSE, I don't have a problem with stickin up for a customer of yours BUT I just wonder why you don't ever stick up for me?
Jonnyrocket, common guy, you're not usually so critical of someone just 'hypin' their product. Whasamatter? Git beat by a deckboat?:D
VDV, what the hell you doin in the Sandbar? Only pic of me that you've ever takin, you snipped off my head!!!:( I don't want any deck boat either, usually wind up with a bunch of users that drink my beer and leave too quickly.
Billy BBBBB, I happen to know any of these gazillionaires from up the hill that you partied with at Micky D's? Prolly spray paintin the swingset an drawing on the table with crayons, uh? Do you make house calls? I just built a lil shop out back and it needs painting. oh well, git back to the v-drive section where you don't stick out like a purple an yellow..&^*^%$:)(ps.. if you'd advertise a lil you wouldn't be sittin around with nuttin to do but play on the puter!) just a thought.
Shadow, what are we goin a do with you? I don't care if you are so sick of Froggy's blatant spam, self promotion, and all the other crap you've accused the lil waterlogged seal of doin, can't you even play a lil bit nice? You've sorta gone over the top with so many things that I wouldn't know where to start. Man, you've dredged up every little cheapshot you could find and shot it at him. Launchramp bs to whatever. What's any of this got to do with finally seein a Trident on the water or in the boatshow? The posting of a personal pm from Froggy to you, was what would have pissed me off. There are some lines that shouldn't be crossed an in my book that's one of them.
This thread seems to me to be about Wes' behavoir, -> self promotion, as much as it appears to be about Trident. I get the impression that those of us that have been around for a long while don't seem to mind it as much as those that came on board since the Wes/Trident subject came into being. I suspect this is because we've known Froggy from before and had the entertainment (for lack of a better word) value, knowlege, wisdom, etc., of his posts on subjects and happenings other than Trident.
I know what you're all tryin to tell him but it's gottin to the point where he's doin more defending than learnin and when you reach that stage both parties will gain nothing more outta the conversation.
I'll leave you with one thought.
If you've been around the marine industry-> boat business for any length of time then you know that it's made up of the most dishonest, lying, cheating, stealing, fly-by-night crooked, people out there that will prey on anyone... I can count on my 2 hands the number of peeps in the industry that I would trust completely.
Whether you approve of the way Wes conducts himself or not, I for one would not hesitate to believe in his absolute dedication to his business, to the industry, his integrity, honesty, or his word in general.
JMHO,
Rio
Rio, Good post and assement of the whole situation and on that note
Good night! Sweet dreams to all of you and i'll try an be nicer tomorrow.:)

echo
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Try the gum Shadow. The stuff works,but you will get addicted to it.

shadow
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
That you watched the guy neck deep in water at the ramp,puts you right where i figured.
Jesus just when i was gonna go to bed.\
OK echo a fart out of my ass!
What part of i saw him stuggling with his boat neck deep in water and didn't want to embarass the NAVY SEAL to his face.SO I headed the other direction as to not humiliate him more.By him seeing me see his handling of a situation where he has so many times bragged about being an expert.D
He was not in fear of drowning just in fear of being embarrassed so i didn't
want to embarass him more.DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
Like i said He' a navy seal not a wounded Harp seal.
Ask anyone that knows me i'd be the first to risk my own saftey if need be
At that time it didn't need be.

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
This didn't have to turn ugly.
Jonnyrocket, common guy, you're not usually so critical of someone just 'hypin' their product. Whasamatter? Git beat by a deckboat?:D
This thread seems to me to be about Wes' behavoir, -> self promotion, as much as it appears to be about Trident. I get the impression that those of us that have been around for a long while don't seem to mind it as much as those that came on board since the Wes/Trident subject came into being. I suspect this is because we've known Froggy from before and had the entertainment (for lack of a better word) value, knowlege, wisdom, etc., of his posts on subjects and happenings other than Trident.
I know what you're all tryin to tell him but it's gottin to the point where he's doin more defending than learnin and when you reach that stage both parties will gain nothing more outta the conversation.
I'll leave you with one thought.
Whether you approve of the way Wes conducts himself or not, I for one would not hesitate to believe in his absolute dedication to his business, to the industry, his integrity, honesty, or his word in general.
JMHO,
Rio
Rio,
I did not intend anything to turn ugly.
Your right,I ususally dont jump in on much other to have some laughs and lighten the situation up.My posts arent towrds his product,but more so his actions.
Get beat by a deck boat...shiiiiaat,theres fish that could beat by tub right now.
In nut shell,I get sick of reading his stuff to a point where all he does is brag about himself and down play the others.He's always been a bragger,big talking person.
Like I said,Ive got my point across to him and he's not going to agree or like it but he is going to know that myself and a few others have a different view than he does.Unfortunately its not something thats a positive view but I know he's smart enough too atleast sit back and toss the thoughts through his head at least once.
Im done hammering on Wes,this was just to clear things up for Rio is all.He's a long time member here that I thought should get a reply on this issue.
Johnny Rocket

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
does this mean there's a cease fire?
Wes, I still think you sound arrogant but hopefully its just bad keyboard translation on my part. I'll try harder to stay down in the basement of ***boat (v-drives, justjets and spam).;)
I've said before I can't help but respect anyone that has the fortitude to be a seal. I can't say I'll be standin in line for one of your (or anyone elses:D ) ninja deckboats but good luck none the less!
No hard feelings on this side and if you want to ignore me...hey, that's ok too!:)
I guess we have to credit to Riodog for diffusing this mess...
[I'm gettin soft in my old age....]
--Jerry

Boatlesss
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
BTW... first boat has an Ilmor with a Teague and an Imco gimble... no Merc.
Sorry to have to tell this, but Teague buys an XR from Merc and adds a different propeller shaft and slaps a sticker on it and calls it his own.
Merc wins as every sale started with Mercury.
Merc makes nearly all the gears in the IMCO drives as well. So once again, Merc wins with every one sold.:(

wsuwrhr
01-15-2007, 04:56 AM
WSHYOUWERELIVINSOMWHERELSE, I don't have a problem with stickin up for a customer of yours BUT I just wonder why you don't ever stick up for me?
JMHO,
Rio
Rio Rio Rio,
Is this something a hug can fix? You can bet that if you were getting hammered on, I'd grab the nearest, biggest hunko'billet bar I could find and jump in the ring with you. Yet I can't recall a time when it happened.
I don't know this showbox guy from two rocks and a disgarded cigarette butt laying on a launch ramp. He is getting all internet chestiepoppieoutie because I called him out for typing away shit that wasn't even true about me. I'm sure I'll meet him sometime, and I'll let him know to his face what I think.
I'm completely with echo, as soon as I read that showbox WATCHED Wes have a hard time, a guy he personally knew, and didn't do a thing to help, just shows the his core values.
We are still killing astronauts, have been doing it since the beginning of space travel, TEAMS of engineers can't end that cycle yet. No matter if Wes is an expert or not, everyone needs a hand sometimes.
Some people use this site purely for their entertainment, and I think that is unfortunate, some use it for business, some use it for friendship. It's all good. I have met quite a few peeps from here, I would have to say it has been positive. Some people I've met, I talk to frequently. I feel as if I know quite a few just from being here, perhaps that may seem weird to some, but in this internet age, I see it as normal. I don't feel as if I am alone on that.
We are, for the most part, a close nit group, a family of sorts. Any family has a bunch of personalities mixed in. Nothing like a good ol fashioned holiday shows that.
Whether Wes toots his own horn off too much or not, that is his deal. I have said before, this site has an "ignore" function, use it if his horn tooting is so offensive. What is the big deal? I think the guy is proud of what he is doing and it shows. In my opinion he has delievered what he said he would. Until he builds a foundry and starts production of his own motors, drives, and/or gearboxes, he is, as others are to a degree, at the mercy of someone else.
As I see it, the immediate problems with the Revolution are no secret, they stem from something he had little control over, he bought a product(s) that was(were) SUPPOSED to work and didn't, he spent a ton of time and money trying to fix them, and I can tell you this with absolute certainty. The boat is done, it drives well, functions like it was supposed to, fit and finish are excellent, anyone that has taken the time to take a look has said the same.
Some people get off making fun of someone else, maybe in doing so they make their own shortcomings seem like less of a problem. The cheap shots at the boat and Wes are in my opinion, unnecessary. If his supposed cheap shots are the reason, then address that issue.
It takes a big person to admit they were wrong.
Brian

BILLY.B
01-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Rio Rio Rio,
Is this something a hug can fix? You can bet that if you were getting hammered on, I'd grab the nearest, biggest hunko'billet bar I could find and jump in the ring with you. Yet I can't recall a time when it happened.
I don't know this showbox guy from two rocks and a disgarded cigarette butt laying on a launch ramp. He is getting all internet chestiepoppieoutie because I called him out for typing away shit that wasn't even true about me. I'm sure I'll meet him sometime, and I'll let him know to his face what I think.
I'm completely with echo, as soon as I read that showbox WATCHED Wes have a hard time, a guy he personally knew, and didn't do a thing to help, just shows the his core values.
We are still killing astronauts, have been doing it since the beginning of space travel, TEAMS of engineers can't end that cycle yet. No matter if Wes is an expert or not, everyone needs a hand sometimes.
Some people use this site purely for their entertainment, and I think that is unfortunate, some use it for business, some use it for friendship. It's all good. I have met quite a few peeps from here, I would have to say it has been positive. Some people I've met, I talk to frequently. I feel as if I know quite a few just from being here, perhaps that may seem weird to some, but in this internet age, I see it as normal. I don't feel as if I am alone on that.
We are, for the most part, a close nit group, a family of sorts. Any family has a bunch of personalities mixed in. Nothing like a good ol fashioned holiday shows that.
Whether Wes toots his own horn off too much or not, that is his deal. I have said before, this site has an "ignore" function, use it if his horn tooting is so offensive. What is the big deal? I think the guy is proud of what he is doing and it shows. In my opinion he has delievered what he said he would. Until he builds a foundry and starts production of his own motors, drives, and/or gearboxes, he is, as others are to a degree, at the mercy of someone else.
As I see it, the immediate problems with the Revolution are no secret, they stem from something he had little control over, he bought a product(s) that was(were) SUPPOSED to work and didn't, he spent a ton of time and money trying to fix them, and I can tell you this with absolute certainty. The boat is done, it drives well, functions like it was supposed to, fit and finish are excellent, anyone that has taken the time to take a look has said the same.
Some people get off making fun of someone else, maybe in doing so they make their own shortcomings seem like less of a problem. The cheap shots at the boat and Wes are in my opinion, unnecessary. If his supposed cheap shots are the reason, then address that issue.
It takes a big person to admit they were wrong.
BrianJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Brian, and you wonder where Tony came up with your nickname!!!. With that said...Shouldn't you be in bed spooning with your wife instead of writing a novel at 5:00 am????. And Rio...Shouldn't you be cleaning a gun or something??. Both of you missed your calling. You both should be writing drama novels!!!!!:D

HM
01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Man, you gotta love a good play ground rumble where even the nerds with the glasses jump in for a few swings!!!

moneysucker
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I have met Wes, I still remember the first time at Taco Bell when we discussed my boat in the parking lot and he started explaining that he was starting a boat company. Something new and revolutionary. When I asked what molds he bought (Which is how most "New"boat companies start) He stated that he was building a completely new design. After 5 years of news letters I have developed a lot or respect for what he has done in the design of the Revolution.
Wes is not arrogant as it may sound on here. He took the time many years ago to stop and talk to me about my boat and never told me it was a pile but instead was discussing ways to make it faster and the good aspects it had, knowing that I was proud of the boat and had explained that it was its first trip out with me. Knowing now what I know now, I knew nothing about performance boating and it took me working my ass off on that boat for another 5 years to ever grace the pages of hot boat. Wes will take the time to talk to anyone and is very proud of his product. Which is very nice, I have been over the Revolution as it was on the sand bar and it is a remarkably well made boat with every detail being thought through. It has impecable rigging and tremendous thought put into every part.
When someone like Wes comes up to a kid in a Taco bell parking lot towing what at the time was a $6000 boat and talks to him as an equal and makes him feel like a friend although just meeting seconds before he is to be commended. I will not be purchasing a Trident in the future and Wes knows this but still when we are on the sand bar there is always a "Come check this out" He is very proud of his work and should be. He has produced a boat from scratch which the majority of boat manufacturers have not in todays market. The trend had always been to buy a mold or "Splash" an existing boat change it 10% and call it your own "new and inovational design." Props to Froggy for his effort to advance an otherwise stagnant boat building world and good luck on the endevor.
Cy

OKIE-JET
01-15-2007, 01:22 PM
When someone like Wes comes up to a kid in a Taco bell parking lot towing what at the time was a $6000 boat and talks to him as an equal and makes him feel like a friend although just meeting seconds before he is to be commended. I will not be purchasing a Trident in the future and Wes knows this but still when we are on the sand bar there is always a "Come check this out" He is very proud of his work and should be. He has produced a boat from scratch which the majority of boat manufacturers have not in todays market. The trend had always been to buy a mold or "Splash" an existing boat change it 10% and call it your own "new and inovational design." Props to Froggy for his effort to advance an otherwise stagnant boat building world and good luck on the endevor.
Cy
Damn skippy!!

Biglue
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm still a little taken back by the fact that RioDog of all people managed to diffuse a situation... I'm not quite sure how to respond. :D
RD
How about by posting up part 2 of your review? :jawdrop: :D

Waldo
01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
THIS IS A INTERMISSION:D what happened to WALDO ?:idea: :D carry on:)
I brought up a point & opinion, Wes responded as I asked & I'm cool with that.

01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
echo SUX

HM
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I think we're gonna pass on that.. LOL I posted part one and it caused all this shit. If I finish and post part II there's liable to be weapons involved.
RD
So what you are saying is that you live too close to be saying shit like that? :D

WYRD
01-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Have fun guys...
I don't want to get in the middle of this mess, but this post seems to sum up what alot of people are trying to tell you here Wes. This is the effect you seem to have on alot of people, me included that you're in some way "above" everybody else. From a business standpoint that can't be good especially when the overwhelming masses here are prospective buyers in the boating community.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-15-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't want to get in the middle of this mess, but this post seems to sum up what alot of people are trying to tell you here Wes. This is the effect you seem to have on alot of people, me included that you're in some way "above" everybody else. From a business standpoint that can't be good especially when the overwhelming masses here are prospective buyers in the boating community.
Hater! :sqeyes: :D

Rattle Can Lou
01-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Billy B.
John
Who cares if you offened him. Who the hell is he...just some boat painter. Hell, he can't even do it in gelcoat...he sends it out!

h2oski2fast
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I think we're gonna pass on that.. LOL I posted part one and it caused all this shit. If I finish and post part II there's liable to be weapons involved.
RD
You Pussy! You used to be fun around here, now you're just a politically correct snob.:confused: :confused: :confused:
RD SUX!!!!!!:D :D :D

Biglue
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
RD, that's my new signature! When Jerry posted that I about fell off my chair. Gawd, NOBODY in their right mind would ever believe that one. I gotta save that post for when Rex 1 starts pickin on me again.lol
Billy B., hope you noticed I put the period where it's supposed to be ! lol Does this mean you won't come over and paint my workshop?:rolleyes: Got a couple sittin on the bench waitin for parts. Know where I can find a firing pin for a grenade launcher?
Not a doubt in my mind Brian. I can always depend on you.:)
Just a thought that crossed my mind as I was reading this entire thread last night.
I can be the biggest idiot around in fact, I gave 396 a real hard time the other day that he was undeserving of. I went back and reread that thread a couple of times and came to the conclusion that there were posts that were edited or deleted but I had already popped off. I really felt like a rat when he sent me a real NICE pm and never once mentioned a boot to my whatever. LOL. I'd post his pm but I don't ever do that as it wasn't intended for the board. Thanks 396(and 460 also).
What I'm gettin at is that some of this BS doesn't need to be. I know Wes is excited about his project ( I got excited once myself But turned out she was only 15 years old.) but I've not known him to be unreasonable to the extent that by just asking him to "give it a rest" or "lighten up a lil as you're startin to turn peeps off", he'd feel like he was being attacked. Dumb he is not but you really don't want to back us lil short guys:D in the corner cuz we do bite back.lol
On that note I think I'll go slap the sh*t outta HolyMoly cuz he needs it! lol
Rio
FOCK..........Rio, you're softening up here. I may have to go find another forum villain to look up to. :D

djunkie
01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
FOCK..........Rio, you're softening up here. I may have to go find another forum villain to look up to. :D
Look up to? Isn't Rio supposedly a little short phucker? Wait a minute, thats Lucky thats a little short phucker right? Ya well they both talk like small men. :crossx: :crossx:

dumbandyoung
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry to have to tell this, but Teague buys an XR from Merc and adds a different propeller shaft and slaps a sticker on it and calls it his own.
Merc wins as every sale started with Mercury.
Merc makes nearly all the gears in the IMCO drives as well. So once again, Merc wins with every one sold.:(
were did you get this info boatless?!?!
teague uses Imco castings NOT merc. then they fill it with their crap.
IMCO buys there gears from a different company not merc. Now, Imco does repair merc drives. all of their shafts are custom machined from a company called Arrow Enginering. alot of rubber parts are merc (quicksilver).

Phat Matt
01-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Every minute in the channel, on the sandbar or cruising out past dark we are out there doing what this boat is designed for. It is not a poker run boat, and it is not a race boat. It is a party peformance platform. Our preferred location for the Heatwave poker run would be with a bunch of friends on it, tied up next to Phat Matt with his bitchin E-ticket bumping Slacker and watching the hotrods go by. You are missing the entire point of the company, boat and genre.
I don't think you are a hater, I think you have a skewed version of what we are trying to accomplish.
I wonder how many people had to google Slacker. :D

Phat Matt
01-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Seems like some people dont like this guy Wes for reasons other than the fact hes just some dude tryin to build a boat. I dont know Wes or Trident boats, but seems like hes just tryin to make a living.......on a sidenote, just my opinion here, but if your contemplating spending a hundred grand plus for a summer toy...put that pipe down immediately!:D
Mine is a year round toy. :D

HM
01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't have time. I have been sent the "smoking gun" on the hidden agenda of ***boat to allow Wes to spam his boat unmolested by rules that everyone else has to follow. So now, I have joined the secret society to bring down this regime and make the boards a better place for whiners all over the world, but especially for whiners in AZ that don't work at WalMart.
I crack myself up! :D

dumbandyoung
01-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Mine is a year round toy. :D
sitting in drinking beers and splashing water on yourself doesnt count as year round toy. haha
YA! lay off this guy. lets see someone else build a better boat.

wsuwrhr
01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ Brian, and you wonder where Tony came up with your nickname!!!. With that said...Shouldn't you be in bed spooning with your wife instead of writing a novel at 5:00 am????. And Rio...Shouldn't you be cleaning a gun or something??. Both of you missed your calling. You both should be writing drama novels!!!!!:D
You wasted your precious painting time "hunt and pecking" that out?
Brian

wsuwrhr
01-15-2007, 05:27 PM
RD
***boat has needed a good house cleaning for some time now anyway.
Brian

XFactor
01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
ttt.................need some drama for the day.:) I think it's going to be a slow day. Where's JRocket? He's my hero!! :D ;) :D

Kilrtoy
01-16-2007, 10:34 AM
ttt.................need some drama for the day.:) I think it's going to be a slow day. Where's JRocket? He's my hero!! :D ;) :D
Ding round two

wsuwrhr
01-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Ding round two
Move along now, nothing here to see.

Brian
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm gonna guess anyone who has good taste in music...
Nuthin' like changing the subject!
:D

Phat Matt
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm gonna guess anyone who has good taste in music...
Nuthin' like changing the subject!
:D
Sounds like a sheep who plays Havasu hip hop. ;)

shadow
01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Wheres Waldo:jawdrop: :confused:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/WheresWaldo.jpg