PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU define custom boat?

nodigg
01-13-2007, 12:23 PM
What defines "custom" boat? Customer chosen sold over the counter gauges, bezels, engines and outdrives and stereo components installed by a manufacturer?? I call most boats semi-custom anyway.
Now those wooden hand built boats with no fiberglass high PRODUCTION molds....Now thats custom.
We make precast products. Anything we have an exhisting mold for is called a standard production item. When we have to build a special mold...we call it custom.
So what makes "custom" boats custom in your opinion?

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
This was covered awhile ago.
Good thread though.
Maybe I can dig it up.
Brian

SHOTKALLIN
01-13-2007, 12:46 PM
warlocks,goblins, hobits, skulls............in any color you want:D :D :D

wsuwrhr
01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Found it.

Beer-30
01-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Say a mfg made all of their boats with the same motor/drive, gauges, tabs or not, same interior, same trailer, but different graphics and colors each time - that would be "non-custom". All specs are the same for each boat, and only the mfg pics the colors, graphics for each boat. I wouldn't call that a "sport-custom" boat.
Take the same mfg, and turn out every boat to customer specs where pretty much non are the same as the last/next - that's custom.
A hybrid mfg, like Sleek and several others, pump out "non-custom" boats all day long. Magic decks, Sleek Enforcers and Heritages are built all the time. Rigged, interiored, gauged, stereoed, ready to go - turn key. But, if you don't see one on the lot that you like, you order your own "custom" one with your specific rigging, interior, stereo, gauges, whatever.
I look at "custom" as "customer-ized", meaning it is specific to you and no one else.
If someone walked in and cloned your custom boat, exactly the same as yours, both would still be custom - as they were not "production" boats.
I may be way off, but that is how it comes to mind for me.

Jbb
01-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Custom.....Anything that receives the Team Jbb seal of approval......such as this one....:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21894&stc=1&d=1168721140

chub
01-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I had 21 ultra closed bow built and picked out all bells and whistles.
I guess thats custom built!:D

centerhill condor
01-13-2007, 01:49 PM
custom is short for "cust them"...kinda like alimony is short for "all the money"

nodigg
01-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I had 21 ultra closed bow built and picked out all bells and whistles.
I guess thats custom built!:D
HAD? Are you boatless??