PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sad.....

topless
01-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Since we had all the winds out here last week, our fence took some damage as in blowing down. Both of our dogs got out and I got them back since they were just down the street and I had my number on the tags. Well, yesterday i noticed one pup was gone so I went to the pound but they were closed (on Fridays) I went again this morning just to find out Buter was hit by a car and died. I'm soo sad right now. I know everyone has lost a pet including me but when it happens, it just kills you at the time. Anyway,at least Derrick is trying to make me feel better by rubbing my shoulders, but I want Buster back.

andy01
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks sucks sorry to hear of your lose. Couldn't you have kept them inside until the fence was fixed?

Rexone
01-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry Ali. :( :(

dumbandyoung
01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
sorry to hear

topless
01-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks sucks sorry to hear of your lose. Couldn't you have kept them inside until the fence was fixed?
No, I thought it would be really cool to just set him free in the streets. do you actually think I decided to set him free? Anyone who knows me knows I love my animals and wouldn't do that . I fixed the part of the fence that was blown over. I found a part of the back fence behind our trees that we couldn't see. We semi fixed it but it was too late. If you actualy think I'm negligent, you need to think again.....I'm still sad but thanks for making me feel better by insinuating that it's all my fault.

luvmyboat
01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Ali, I am soory for your loss. You know how much I care about you, heck, you are one of the few that will talk to me! Andy01 was right though, the next time an unforeseeable event may come up, you should have the foresight to see the unforeseeable and take the correct action. I gave you more credit than that.
Mike

photo chick
01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
That's terrible to hear, so sorry about your loss. I would be devistated if that happen to one of my babies.

RitcheyRch
01-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I couldnt imagine what you are going through.

Biglue
01-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your pooch Alison. Bumming news.

grads2112
01-13-2007, 02:43 PM
make a donation to the local animal shelter in his name. It made me feel a little better when I did it.

Mrs.Racer277
01-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh Ali I am so sorry to hear this.

TheCarDudes
01-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your pup.
We have a dog that is part of our family. I could not even imagine what you are going through.
As a newbie here I have noticed that people sure love to mix it uphere on HB. Why is it that when someone is willing to post something tragic and share their feelings that people have to make them feel worse by posting some kind of bashing comment. It must make them feel better. Damn, the original post is fresh off the press and already they think that stating what someone might think is obvious in this case is some kind of condolense (sp) in the matter.
Either that or people just like picking on certain people. (refering to the Denver deal that got out of control). I guess different strokes for different folks.
Once again. Very sad to hear of your loss. It gets me choked up to even think of our family pet (Dexter) being injured much less killed.
Godspeed Buster.

boatnam3
01-13-2007, 03:37 PM
that sucks topless,and now the wind is blowing again.driving around lots of people have lost fences and plapas and anything else not tyed down.let me know if you need any help.

Tom Brown
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry Top.

shockwaveharry
01-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Poor l'il pup... I can tell you miss him alot. I've had pets all my life and it never fails to take a chunk out of me when I loose one. I hope you feel better soon.

Devil's Advocate
01-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry for the loss of your pup..:(

riverbound
01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
That sucks to hear.. :(

shockwaveharry
01-13-2007, 04:57 PM
...the foresight to see the unforeseeable...
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Jetaholic
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
make a donation to the local animal shelter in his name. It made me feel a little better when I did it.
She was going to, but found out that Later recently started working there for a 5th job...

No Name
01-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear the news, very said.:(

Mandelon
01-13-2007, 06:03 PM
:(

OnlyMoney
01-13-2007, 06:05 PM
So sorry to hear this Ali. I just told Chris and he felt very sad as well. Godspeed Buster.
On the a lighter note, you were uploading a pic of your monitor and POOF you were gone.

IN2-IN2MX
01-13-2007, 06:31 PM
:jawdrop: Sorry about your doggie. Our animals are like our babies so I can imagine how tough this must be for you. :(
For those of you criticizing...I think that really sucks. :o I know this is HB and people on here have attitudes and like to talk shiat (myself included), and Topless and I haven't even gotten along, but I would never dream of saying something like that at a time like this. Last year one of my kitties swallowed a penny and nearly died. I would have lost it if someone had said something to me like that. We can't be perfect all the time...all we can do is try our best. :mad:

topless
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Here is a picture of him last year............... Thank you guys for the concern
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0023-med.JPG

photo chick
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Here is a picture of him last year............... Thank you guys for the concern
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6634IMG_0023-med.JPG
My in-laws lost their dog Buster last year...the two actually look identical too. Now you put a face with a name it's even more sad! So sorry for you..

TheCarDudes
01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Very cute doggie.

Miss Perfect
01-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I am so sorry Topless :( RIP Buster

Cas
01-13-2007, 07:50 PM
real sorry to hear this news! I've also been through the loss of a pet due to a car. I feel for you :(

Havasu1986
01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
So sorry for your loss Topless. I came home 1 night and found my fence down because of the winds and I was a mess looking for my girls...and there they were sitting on the front porch. We have 2 Australian Sheperds ages 11and 10. They are like our kids to us. God speed to your doggie.

Her454
01-13-2007, 09:26 PM
:( Alison, Im so so sorry. I know how you feel about your animals, and just being out there and meeting them......... I know how special this one was to you.
T :(

luvmyboat
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
My comment " foresee the unforseeable" was a dig at / joke concerning another snide post. I know Alison to have a quick wit and I wanted to make her smile. No harm was intended and I hope that she got the humor. I would never criticize a person when they suffered a loss, especially a passionate animal lover such as Topless. My deep sympathy for her loss.
M.

Rexone
01-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Why is it that when someone is willing to post something tragic and share their feelings that people have to make them feel worse by posting some kind of bashing comment. It must make them feel better. Damn, the original post is fresh off the press and already they think that stating what someone might think is obvious in this case is some kind of condolense (sp) in the matter.
Always someone ready to talk shit and speculate blame in an uncaring manner even when dealing with someone elses loss. You see at least one or two in just about every condolence type thread regarding an accident on ***boat. Sign of the times I guess. But as this thread shows, such speculation / shit talking usually doesn't go to far.
One thing I've learned on this board is to keep anything of a personal nature that I value or care about and don't care to hear speculation on, to myself.

Debbolas
01-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry about your dog, Topless:(

ratso
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Always someone ready to talk shit and speculate blame in an uncaring manner even when dealing with someone elses loss. You see at least one or two in just about every condolence type thread regarding an accident on ***boat. Sign of the times I guess. But as this thread shows, such speculation / shit talking usually doesn't go to far.
One thing I've learned on this board is to keep anything of a personal nature that I value or care about and don't care to hear speculation on, to myself.
Karma is a Bitch...
Sorry for your loss Topless...:(

Miss Jackie
01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
No, I thought it would be really cool to just set him free in the streets. do you actually think I decided to set him free? Anyone who knows me knows I love my animals and wouldn't do that . I fixed the part of the fence that was blown over. I found a part of the back fence behind our trees that we couldn't see. We semi fixed it but it was too late. If you actualy think I'm negligent, you need to think again.....I'm still sad but thanks for making me feel better by insinuating that it's all my fault.
Do you have pictures of the dogs? This way we could all keep an eye out. I have actually stopped at the pound w/ the baby a few times to visit the animals.
We really miss Bear.:(

lucky
01-15-2007, 06:46 AM
How ya doing Ali - did ya get drunk like i recomended :) -- I'm sry buddy :)

topless
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
How ya doing Ali - did ya get drunk like i recomended :) -- I'm sry buddy :)I'm OK and yes I did get drunk. It made me one of those crying drunks. Not only that but I felt like crap the next day. I'm better today, thanks.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Sorry to read it Alison.
The loss of pets is so painful.
Our hearts are with you.

topless
01-15-2007, 07:53 AM
Sorry to hear this, when I saw your pets little face it reminded me of my Moms dog Cody an American Eskimo. He got very sick after my Dad died and I had to have him put down. It was a horrible day. Again sorry to hear about your baby...
Denis
He was a Miniature American Eskimo and very protective of me. If I was asleep and he was laying down next to me, ya better watch out. Also never wrestle with me when he was around. He was a great dog but just liked to sneak out and explore. I'm still beating myself up over this.