PDA

View Full Version : MFSOB Cold Here in Death Valley:The Ki Ki birds are out:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-14-2007, 12:40 AM
15 degrees F, the ki ki birds are squaking: " Ki,, Ki, Christ it's cold!!"
Big Guns has a bonfire blazing and the rocket motor in full throttle.
The ice wind off the Funeral Mountains has subsided and that has made a huge difference.
Big Guns had to make it into the town of Parump and deal with the mean crazy lady to buy propane. Half the town lost power in the snow storm and was dark. Glad I remembered to fill up back home, the heater in the RV is running full blast.
My lifetime skiing Swiss wife even balked on our ride across the sand dunes it was so cold.
When we got back to camp, everyone else had the same idea and headed for warmth too.
Our RV has heated tanks, heat wrapped waterlines, and is extra insulated.
For now it's Big Guns home made jungle juice, Red Hot chili Peppers and other music by the bonfire, while checking out an astounding Death Valley sky of zillions of stars.
Meteriors are quite a site in the desert nite sky.
Lots and lots of them. Seem much more dramatic out here. Like they're right close by. Worth the trip alone just to check out the universe at nite by the rage-ing bonfire.
Miss the river, ready for spring trip though.

IN2-IN2MX
01-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh shiznets! That's COLD!!!!!! :( But at least you're having a good time. Stay warm. :)

Kilrtoy
01-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Damn and i thought the 29 in havi right now was cold

wsuwrhr
01-14-2007, 08:43 AM
I miss camping in the desert, sounds like a good trip so far.
Except for the cold.
Brian

rmarion
01-14-2007, 08:52 AM
it's 33 here in Corona...........the plants have iceciles hanging from them....the pools freeze protection is running and now the dog's tounge is stuck to the metal light pole.................

spectratoad
01-14-2007, 08:55 AM
It was -11 here at my house yesterday morning. THis morning we are now at a balmy 17 and rising. :D

chub
01-14-2007, 09:52 AM
34 in HB when I got up at 0600 this mornign!
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!