PDA

View Full Version : HYDRO THUNDER arcade games anyone??

BoatPI
01-14-2007, 06:01 AM
I just took delivery on two Hydro Thunder arcade games. They are the only off shore boat race games ever made as far as i know. The games are also available by Sega, etc. Does anyone else have these as I will be attempting to link the two games for dual racing in my play room?
FYI they were mfg in 1999 by Midway and are out of production now. they contain a computer and various boards that permit up to 10 boats and 10 race courses. The sound system includes a sub under the seat.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-14-2007, 08:16 AM
There was one about that time called Hydra.
The boat was a canyon runner.
Fun game, but super simple. Never saw it on home gaming consoles.
Believe it was Sega or Gottlieb.
Would have loved to have it.
We pick up the all-in-one joystick w/pre-installed games at Frys for cheap.
The little ones love them, and the older girls love the Ms Pac Man which is the current BFD at underground Martini bars.

JetBoatRich
01-14-2007, 08:19 AM
My Son loves that game:D dumped a lot of tokens in at the arcades:sqeyes:

WUTWZAT
01-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I just took delivery on two Hydro Thunder arcade games. They are the only off shore boat race games ever made as far as i know. The games are also available by Sega, etc. Does anyone else have these as I will be attempting to link the two games for dual racing in my play room?
FYI they were mfg in 1999 by Midway and are out of production now. they contain a computer and various boards that permit up to 10 boats and 10 race courses. The sound system includes a sub under the seat.
I think you can find those at places like Dave & Busters still in use. It is a super simple game and don't think it ever attracted much attention. But check with their game tech guys cause theirs are linked so they either know how or know who can do it.
Jason

robk
01-14-2007, 09:39 AM
If you run into any problems linking them let me know... a friend of mine spent a few years working as a senior tech for a company that leased/rented arcade games out to various pizza shops, bars, restaurants, etc. I can relay any questions to him or put you in touch.
Rob

BoatPI
01-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I am going to give it a go later this month, the linking. I understand that as amny as 5 can be linked at one time. I will get back to u if I need some assistance.