PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Bootleg stuff?:

Trailer Park Casanova
01-14-2007, 08:53 AM
My simple green sprayer broke, so I filled the almost empty Shout Stain remover bottle with Simple green.
The wife has been using it it on the kids stains, and I've never told her what it was, or that I re-fill it. Lasts a long time and great stuff she thinks. I keep it topped off.
I have a really cool old tequila bottle with a glass cactus in it. The company went tits up for tax evasion, so I re-fill the bottle with cheap-o Vons tequila.
Neighbors swear it's the best, they think it's still the old premium stuff.
A friend owns a Chuy's franchise and tried to pass off sirloin for the famous tri-tip.
He saved a few thousand on his meat contract, but the customers were hep that the flavor suck'd and balked buying it.
He finally changed back, and doesn't appreciate my "New Coke" comments when I order it.
I was having lunch at the Paradise in Parker and the owner was having heated words with his meat supplier that tried to pass of cheaper cuts for Filet mignion. He had missed a day of his family vacation to get the issues corrected.
Always wonder why some fix something not broken.
Any bootleg stuff around your place?:

ratso
01-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I heard of some firefighters that liked to put dog food in their spaghetti sauce http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Screemy1
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I heard of some firefighters that liked to put dog food in their spaghetti sauce http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
MMmmmm was priceless sauce.... now worth nothin... ahhh ha ha ha

ratso
01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
We received some champagne or wine (all the same to me) from the Bombardier Corporation... they were celebrating something, I don't remember... and also sent a couple of wine glasses with their logo and stuff on it. I had this stuff for years. Anyway, we had one of our huge blowout parties and everybody was getting trashed. There was plenty of beer left, but I'm not a beer drinker... strictly gin or vodka, and we were out... so I thought "Hey, I have this bottle of stuff thats been put away for a few years, lets drink it"... After all, it should be better after aging. http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gifI throw it in the freezer for a few to chill it and me and a buddy of mine drank it, every last drop... We were both barfing the next day. :jawdrop: I happened to go and look at the bottle to see exactly what it was we were drinking, and it was some kind of water or kool aid with artificial coloring lol... I'm thinking "What a dumbass"...:D

Jrocket
01-14-2007, 03:23 PM
My wife is a shopaholic,goes through checks like a bum through free wine.So I guy her this expensive Epson laser printer,that she nevers uses,and deside to give it a try myself.Nothing within arms reach to copy but my check book,so I run off a couple bootleg checks.Nice quality prints with great color and all,think nothing of them and toss them onto the desk top.Wifes snoops in while Im in the shower and grabs some checks and sneeks off shopping.
I figure she'll be out in 3-5 with good behaviour.:D

AZJD
01-14-2007, 04:16 PM
None here, but I have heard rumor that Jordy sneaks out to the lake on weekdays and puts DCB stickers on his boat while no one is around to see!:D

dragboat
01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
:D My wife is a shopaholic,goes through checks like a bum through free wine.So I guy her this expensive Epson laser printer,that she nevers uses,and deside to give it a try myself.Nothing within arms reach to copy but my check book,so I run off a couple bootleg checks.Nice quality prints with great color and all,think nothing of them and toss them onto the desk top.Wifes snoops in while Im in the shower and grabs some checks and sneeks off shopping.
I figure she'll be out in 3-5 with good behaviour.:D
Thats some:) Funny sheet.

OCMerrill
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I have a really cool old tequila bottle with a glass cactus in it. The company went tits up for tax evasion, so I re-fill the bottle with cheap-o Vons tequila.
Neighbors swear it's the best, they think it's still the old premium stuff.
Dude...thats a cold move right there.:D