PDA

View Full Version : If I had no animals

cc322
01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
If I had no animals...
I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
My house would be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and pickups would be free of hair.
When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel.
When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies, who beat me there!
I could sit on the couch (or recliner) the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree: dog bones, toys, stuffed animals, nor would I have to answer to people why I wrap them.
I would not be on a first-name basis with my veterinarian and homeopath.
The most used words in my vocabulary would not be:
Ahhhh, out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave him/her/it ALONE!
My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.
My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash or collar.
I would no longer have to spell the words: B-A-L-L,
F-R-I-S-B-E-E, or W-A-L-K!
I would not have as many leaves or sticks INSIDE my house as outside.
I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.
I'd look forward to Spring and the melting of snow instead of dreading the mud season.
I would NOT have to answer the question,
"Why do you have so many dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel
as they will ever get!
How empty my life would be!
Author Unknown

Miss Managed Assets
01-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Very cute!:)

photo chick
01-14-2007, 06:34 PM
If I had no animals...
When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies, who beat me there!
I could sit on the couch (or recliner) the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree: dog bones, toys, stuffed animals, nor would I have to answer to people why I wrap them.
My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash or collar.
I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.
I'd look forward to Spring and the melting of snow instead of dreading the mud season.
"Why do you have so many dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel
as they will ever get!
Author Unknown
Absolutely true!!!!

shockwaveharry
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll drink to that!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/shockwaveharry/07-24-05_1809.jpg

riverroyal
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
mad about picking up shait and filling holes this morning:D

bchbum
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Can't tell my dogs about this , they don't know their dogs . Right now their asleep at my feet , waiting for me to go to bed , so they can get off their beds & onto the sofa . Wouldn't know what to do without them .

Run_em_Hard
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
very funny, and true...

TAF
01-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Absolutely true!!!!
Good Morn, and yes I got yer message and I saw what I missed yesterday. Rather tame but cute. Send me some pics of the tiger pool. I saw ya posted a couple.

AltarGirl
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
If I had no animals...
as they will ever get!
Author Unknown
These several definitely apply to our house. The other truth is that if we didn't have dogs, we wouldn't have to:
1. put the trash can up so high
2. wouldn't have to put drinks in the center of the coffee table so the Lab's "Otter Tail" wouldn't clear it off.

01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Most of that applies to me too. But, I also have three daughters and........ Well, I dont even want to start that list.

C-2
01-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Jeezuz, don't get me started on animals.
Last year we laid new carpet - and already, the 6 cats have shown their appreciation by destroying it.
Last year's landscaping - provided about 6 months entertainment for the dogs in the backyard.
Leaving to the river for a weekend getaway - not a problem if I can find somebody to feed the four horses. You would be amazed how difficult it is for some people to put feed in a bucket; water in another.
And the icing on the cake is my mom came to "stay" with us for a while......TEN LONG YEARS AGO.
We have been downsizing though. At our peak we had 6 dogs, 6 cats, 12 horses and two reef tanks.:D
By all calculations, I could have owned a nice Fountain with blue motors by now. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132crazy.gif
and p.s.
You'd better beive I'm posting this while the wifey is at work - otherwise I might get clubbed up aside my head http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132chairshot.gif