PDA

View Full Version : bimini top bolts/hardware question

riverroyal
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
last trip out I lost the stainless bolt that connects the poles together.Is it a 1/4 20 stainless machine bolt???Ive been looking all over for one.The boat is in havasu,so I cant just remove the other side and go to a hareware store.West marine website didnt help much.I was wanting to buy a few of them,they get loose all the time.Thanks RR

JB in so cal
01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
last trip out I lost the stainless bolt that connects the poles together.Is it a 1/4 20 stainless machine bolt???Ive been looking all over for one.The boat is in havasu,so I cant just remove the other side and go to a hareware store.West marine website didnt help much.I was wanting to buy a few of them,they get loose all the time.Thanks RR
My boat is in DP, queer.
Next time you're up, let me know and I'll make sure the coast is clear so we can go over and measure one.

SummitKarl
01-14-2007, 08:07 PM
SALTY DOG MARINE
on Vista way
Abbaba bolt in San Marcos
on Grand
:D

riverroyal
01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
SALTY DOG MARINE
on Vista way
:D
300 miles away,pulls out salty dog.Its between melrose and emerald?

SummitKarl
01-14-2007, 08:14 PM
300 miles away,pulls out salty dog.Its between melrose and emerald?
next exit east of melrose
hey 40 flippin years of north county I know where to find ANYTHING!!!!!:D
I would go to Abbaba Bolt on Grand much closer to your house, they got the goods:D

riverroyal
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
next exit east of melrose
hey 40 flippin years of north county I know where to find ANYTHING!!!!!:D
I would go to Abbaba Bolt on Grand much closer to your house, they got the goods:D
I know they have it,I just dont know the size!!!!!

Cole Sanger
01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Any Ace Hardware should have what you are looking for. Pretty common size.

Ivan Dan
01-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Call Magic and have them ship you a couple (for free). They shouldn't have any problem doing that for you right?:D

caroftheweek
01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Call Magic and have them ship you a couple (for free). They shouldn't have any problem doing that for you right?:D
Agreed. Call Chad at Corona Magic and tell him your situation. He should be able to help you out. although, i heard a rumor that he is not into purple boats so that might make things a little harder for you.:) :)

phebus
01-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Great, next thing you know, you will be looking for some nuts. :D

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Fricken Magics vibrating apart, what POS's................Now this thread will take off :D

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 10:41 AM
BTW---Salty Dog is now AA Marine. ;)

ratso
01-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Post a pic. If it's the same ones we use, I can send you a few. Is it a regular head 1/4 20 but only threaded about a 1/4"?

Desert Rat
01-15-2007, 11:57 AM
When you put them together use a little red locktite, that should hold them in place:idea:

dumbandyoung
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
river royal, call magic and tell them you need new ones. they should be able to hook you up