PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ski Boat

Cole Sanger
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Going through a bunch of ski/wakeboard boat magazines lately. I think I found the one I like the best. Can't afford it, but it sure is damn nice. The hard thing to swallow is that it is a Four Winns.
http://www.fourwinns.com/product_photo.php?model=310

707dog
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM
thats kinda like mine and my boat puts off a wake thats nasty much bigger than a real wake board boat.. feel sorry for some of the lil fishing boats i have went rippin by..lmao

Cole Sanger
01-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I hear you on that. I have some new fat sac's that should make my wake huge this year. I have a 26.6ft Crownline. I like a lot of the wakeboard boat features, but just can't go back to a small boat. Hell, most of the time I wish my boat was bigger.

Coach
01-15-2007, 07:10 PM
That thing is huge. I like my new baby the best right now. Check it out
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2264

Cole Sanger
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Nice. The only thing I wish they would do with that would to be add an option for a front ladder. I wish my boat had that option also. Looks good.

707dog
01-17-2007, 06:40 PM
That thing is huge. I like my new baby the best right now. Check it out
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2264
that boat looks sic..have fun

707dog
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Nice. The only thing I wish they would do with that would to be add an option for a front ladder. I wish my boat had that option also. Looks good.
hey bro the front ladder on mine bites azz its awful on the chins..thats my only complaint.. and im with ya mine is 24' and i cant go backwards either i worked my way up the ladder..and not the front one either..lmao

DAVEO
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Mine has a front and rear ladder. But the only thing is its a 21.6 and a bayliner. Throws a mean wake. These boats have come a long way scince the 80s. Built way better. I love my costco cruser...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2614IMG_1105.JPG

Grinnin'B
01-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I think boating is heading back to boating for families! (except some of the 140 mph fun freaks) I believe that has had a huge supporting factor for wakeboarding (specific) boats. The benefits in the ruff water of a semi-v dispacement hull vs traditional tournement boats is significant. As your open to options check out http://www.regalboats.com/ I was blown away that they are offering full step v hulls in family sport boats. Regal of all! Other than them I think Centurion is making some of the most well built boats (for the money)on the market today. http://www.centurionboats.com/boats/concourse_c4.html
The bottom line "ski" boats are so much more user specific. Kinda like booze you dont have to drink what is in the well any more; there is a full bar of anything that tickles your fancy.
BTW I own a a Nautique. no tower, no balast 36mph and a bunch of glass does me just right.
B
PS I am a sales manager for Hammers in Cordelia let me know if I can help.

fc-pilot
01-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow, I peeked in excited to talk about ski boats just to find it was mostly about wakeboard type boats. Over the last few years I have been "skiing" behind a number of different boats. I have to say of all the boats I have been pulled by my favorite of the newer boats was a gecko. The biggest disappointment was a brand new Mastercraft. The wake was uncomfortable until you got into shortline stuff and then you would get hit from the spray coming off the boat. Oddly my favorite boat to ski behind is a little flat bottom v-drive. I have been skiing behind them for twenty years now. (Although I have to admit that for the family atmosphere they are about the worst things on the lake and the conditions have to be perfect).
Paul
P.S. It is nice to see people on this site that believe there is more to a boat than going fast and getting drunk.

blown65
01-24-2007, 12:17 PM
We had some older Supras that were great. Our current Centurion Enzo has been a good boat. Little underpowered (6.2 Scorpion 330hp) but otherwise a nice boat.
Friend of ours had a Tige, what a crappy ass riding boat that was. If your in a hurry (cant really be in much of one is a wakeboard boat but anyways) that thing hoppity hopped so bad it was making me nervous my daughter was going to go flying out the bow. (Newer Tige at that too 04 or 05 model I believe.)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow, I peeked in excited to talk about ski boats just to find it was mostly about wakeboard type boats. Over the last few years I have been "skiing" behind a number of different boats. I have to say of all the boats I have been pulled by my favorite of the newer boats was a gecko. The biggest disappointment was a brand new Mastercraft. The wake was uncomfortable until you got into shortline stuff and then you would get hit from the spray coming off the boat. Oddly my favorite boat to ski behind is a little flat bottom v-drive. I have been skiing behind them for twenty years now. (Although I have to admit that for the family atmosphere they are about the worst things on the lake and the conditions have to be perfect).
Paul
P.S. It is nice to see people on this site that believe there is more to a boat than going fast and getting drunk.
Great post Paul,
I have skiied behind mastercrafts, nautiques and an assortment of other boats throughout the course of my amature water skiing career.
I still prefer a v-drive flatbottom. It is harder to get in and out of and the swim step ease is nice on the tournament boats but,,, I don't mind trading that for the ride from a flatty. My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...:)
JG

superdave013
02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I hear you on that. I have some new fat sac's that should make my wake huge this year. I have a 26.6ft Crownline. I like a lot of the wakeboard boat features, but just can't go back to a small boat. Hell, most of the time I wish my boat was bigger.
everyone else on this earth hates your fag, opps, I mean fat sacks. lol

Cole Sanger
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
everyone else on this earth hates your fag, opps, I mean fat sacks. lol
Great post...makes me want to buy your products. For your information, I had two 72 Sanger Flat bottoms and a Mouzer 72 Hondo before my new boat. Not that it matters. Thanks for your opinion though.

HM
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Great post...makes me want to buy your products. For your information, I had two 72 Sanger Flat bottoms and a Mouzer 72 Hondo before my new boat. Not that it matters. Thanks for your opinion though.
If you are serious about boarding, then nothing is like the tourny wake boarding boats. The wakes are not just big, but they have a superior shape for clean predictable launches. My buddy and I did the ballast systems in standard i/o boats and that worked fine. He bought a 23 Tige' and we didn't want to ride behind anything else. We were boarding nearly every day. I like the Tige' as the wake is very wide...so you can do longer jumps and still land on the transition. The mastercrafts tend to have a narrower wake, but the wake is peaked more giving you more verticle lift at slower speeds...so you don't have to cut as quick to pull the same tricks. But, once you get used to the timing, it is a bit of an adjustment to change boats. I also liked the Malibu boats.
Also, perfect pass is a must. It will hold speeds better than the best drivers, and now the worst drivers can pull you at a constant speed. It can't do anything about them not driving straight.
Now, I am just a middle aged fat ass and I am excited when I can pull a toe side wake to wake without face planting.

DMOORE
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM
If you are into skiing, nothing beats a direct drive. My wife LOVES skiing, my boys and I are into wake boarding. Here's the problem, a ski boat will make a good wakeboard boat(just add tower and weight). But a wakeboard boat will NOT make a good ski boat(wake is always too big)..Believe me I tried a lot. Ski Centurian has one of the best bottoms ever made for a Comp-ski boat. So we went the direct drive route, 1987 Ski Centurian (oldie but a goodie) and added a tower. We have had the boat for years it's a great little boat. 21 ft, gives you plenty of room to move around, and will rip your arms off with 6 people onboard. They just shoot out of the water. They still make the hull, not sure of the name, but very reasonable cost wise.
Darrell.

Morg
02-10-2007, 06:29 AM
If you are into skiing, nothing beats a direct drive. My wife LOVES skiing, my boys and I are into wake boarding. Here's the problem, a ski boat will make a good wakeboard boat(just add tower and weight). But a wakeboard boat will NOT make a good ski boat(wake is always too big)..Believe me I tried a lot. Ski Centurian has one of the best bottoms ever made for a Comp-ski boat. So we went the direct drive route, 1987 Ski Centurian (oldie but a goodie) and added a tower. We have had the boat for years it's a great little boat. 21 ft, gives you plenty of room to move around, and will rip your arms off with 6 people onboard. They just shoot out of the water. They still make the hull, not sure of the name, but very reasonable cost wise.
Darrell.
Post 1987 Ski Centurion hull has always been one of my favorite boats, Tigr'e was the same hull.
I am with Jerry on this one. If you are a hardcore slalom skier, nothing beats the wake behind a flat bottom v-drive. Just ask Bob LaPoint.

78Eliminator
02-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Ski Centurion Barefoot Warrior 1990 model year. Had a ton of fun with that boat when I was a kid! This is me at the Colorado River in 1990 about 5 miles south of Walters Camp. Was just me, my dad and friend. We would ski all day long, only to take a few breaks on the sand bar. Check out the 80s style swim trunks LOL!!!!!!!!! The boat was a god damn monster. You could pull up 3 skiers at the same time with that prop. The product literature showed the boat towing 7 skiers simultaneously. I would buy this boat again if I come across a deal.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Centurion.jpg

votech
02-10-2007, 11:28 AM
we had that same boat for around 7 years it was truley a great boat. ours was torquise/white,we used to go from oxbow to just past walters all the time,the water so good there,got a sanger barefoot w/225 now also a great boat

superdave013
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
lol, no worries.
I say that because of the increased damage that happens to my parents seawalls and docks.

78Eliminator
02-10-2007, 08:57 PM
lol, no worries.
I say that because of the increased damage that happens to my parents seawalls and docks.
Not to mention they completely destroy the water for "hot boats".

Coach
02-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Don't you mean that Hot Boats complete destroy the water for us skiers and wakeboarders. :D

HM
02-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey, just one more reason for them to keep their title of "Trailer Queens"

Firecracker
03-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Paul
Great post Paul,
I have skiied behind mastercrafts, nautiques and an assortment of other boats throughout the course of my amature water skiing career.
I still prefer a v-drive flatbottom. It is harder to get in and out of and the swim step ease is nice on the tournament boats but,,, I don't mind trading that for the ride from a flatty. My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...:)
JG
I am with both of you. Nothing beats a v-drive flatbottom if you are actually wanting a good wake for skiing. I have been so spoiled growing up skiing behind one, that when I get behind a Mastercraft, or anything else the wake just seems awkward. I really have never known anything but skiing behind a flatbottom. For those who haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a whirl!!! :D

Her454
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...:)
JG
I cant believe ya just said that LOL.......
Anyone own a Supra Launch 24 ' Limited Edition or the 22'? We have looked at several boats and this one (24) has all the options we like, and some we dont. I actually do not like the front seating arrangement with the full seat, I'd rather have the walkthrough...(the 22 has the seating we like) and I prefer the rear seat step to the full step in the back, but it only comes in the 22 I believe...(hard to remember all the different options etc and which ones they come in). We ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube etc so I want something universal and I love the rack option on this boat that I havent seen on the others. It tilts down easily and you can slide the boards, tubes etc off it from the rear and it seems pretty convenient.
So, any special likes or dislikes with it, or any suggestions on something similar. Oh yea, I wasn't too thrilled with the graphics either.....looks kinda like red brick, but reminds me of Spiderman. :rolleyes:

Coach
04-06-2007, 06:00 AM
I cant believe ya just said that LOL.......
Anyone own a Supra Launch 24 ' Limited Edition or the 22'? We have looked at several boats and this one (24) has all the options we like, and some we dont. I actually do not like the front seating arrangement with the full seat, I'd rather have the walkthrough...(the 22 has the seating we like) and I prefer the rear seat step to the full step in the back, but it only comes in the 22 I believe...(hard to remember all the different options etc and which ones they come in). We ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube etc so I want something universal and I love the rack option on this boat that I havent seen on the others. It tilts down easily and you can slide the boards, tubes etc off it from the rear and it seems pretty convenient.
So, any special likes or dislikes with it, or any suggestions on something similar. Oh yea, I wasn't too thrilled with the graphics either.....looks kinda like red brick, but reminds me of Spiderman. :rolleyes:
You can order a Supra without the playpen bow. You can get the sunsport with the wake package. I looked at supra and I think the 22 has the option of playpen or not. The Z5 cargo rack is awesome. I would not get the limited with the stupid graphics. You can build a supra with the graphics and colors you want with all of the same stuff on it for the same price. I like the steps in the sunsport as well from the transom walk through. Supra makes a nice boat but I liked the Tige better.

Her454
04-06-2007, 07:11 AM
You can order a Supra without the playpen bow. You can get the sunsport with the wake package. I looked at supra and I think the 22 has the option of playpen or not. The Z5 cargo rack is awesome. I would not get the limited with the stupid graphics. You can build a supra with the graphics and colors you want with all of the same stuff on it for the same price. I like the steps in the sunsport as well from the transom walk through. Supra makes a nice boat but I liked the Tige better.
You are correct, the 22 does not have the "playpen" if thats whats its called LOL. BUT we were told the 24 could NOT be ordered without it, thats standard the way it comes, and that the cargo rack is standard with the 24 but not the rest. I love that rack...... The graphics suck, yes. The steps in the rear are great, saves the seat from wear and tear and 2 separate ice chests below for food storage etc. We have not looked at the Tige but plan on doing some more shopping in the next few weeks, thats why Im asking for suggestions. I love the older Ski Sangers like FBT has but they are hard to find in good condition. Space is a must with 3 teenagers and 2 boating dogs. THANKS!

Coach
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
You are correct, the 22 does not have the "playpen" if thats whats its called LOL. BUT we were told the 24 could NOT be ordered without it, thats standard the way it comes, and that the cargo rack is standard with the 24 but not the rest. I love that rack...... The graphics suck, yes. The steps in the rear are great, saves the seat from wear and tear and 2 separate ice chests below for food storage etc. We have not looked at the Tige but plan on doing some more shopping in the next few weeks, thats why Im asking for suggestions. I love the older Ski Sangers like FBT has but they are hard to find in good condition. Space is a must with 3 teenagers and 2 boating dogs. THANKS!
I know for a fact you can order the 24 sunsport with all of the wakeboard options! I told the guys in So Cal that would be the only way I would buy a Supra and wala it could happen. Don't let them snow you and the only way you will buy is to have a walk through bow. The 24 is a big boat, but I would really say go check out Tige. The RZ2 and the new RZ4 are big boats. My RZ4 has had 6 adults and 5 kids under 7 in the boat and we were not crowed.

steve d
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Paul
FC........Agree with you whole heartedly:
Unfortunatetly I never had the pleasure of skiing behind a Flat but after
11 years............No complaints with this;
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/csteved/003_20A.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/csteved/002_21A.jpg

Trailer Park Casanova
04-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Ya water test the boat and have the kids get pulled behind it and see if they like the wake.
Wake form, size and especially FOAM are the biggest concerns and gripes you may hear. Don't kid yourself that you'll work that out later.
Ya don't wanna hear those gripes with the kinda money you've invested.
Then ya want ride quality and are ya comfortable in the boat?
Will it be comfortable in the chop?
Most the builders use a 20 year old dam near flat bottom hull design with bold new graphics. Brutal ride.
The more powerful motors may not give you higher top end, but they will increase the span of practical and useable prop sizes and thus you can tow two wakeboarders or a full boatload of adults without the motor struggling. Always use Acme props.
The best wakeboard boat customer service we've heard of is Absolute Marine.
I wish we could put up the huge size wake most the big v hull non- wakeboard ***boats through across the river.
The Tige 22ri has a comfortable ride, and the wake is for you to judge.
Supra is teriffic, but they have a cornball-as-all-get-out attitude toward graphics. They used to be cutting edge style, colors, graphics and design.
Great customer service from Supra BTW.

Grinnin'B
04-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Guy's ans Gal's.....
For Hull, Construction, Inovation and Performance......GO CORRECT CRAFT!!!!
The new 236 RIPS!! And even the 211 has more interior space than most 22.6 boats (yes i have actually measured with a tape)
For BANG for your BUCK look at the Centurion Enzo 216.
B

BobbyB
04-13-2007, 05:09 PM
FC........Agree with you whole heartedly:
Unfortunatetly I never had the pleasure of skiing behind a Flat but after
11 years............No complaints with this;
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/csteved/003_20A.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/csteved/002_21A.jpg
this looks like a Spectra 19.(?!"?) Good lookin'

steve d
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
this looks like a Spectra 19.(?!"?) Good lookin'
10-4...............468 BBC,400 turbo, 750 Holley, ....V-Drive. Love it!

BobbyB
04-15-2007, 03:51 AM
10-4...............468 BBC,400 turbo, 750 Holley, ....V-Drive. Love it!
Right ON! That is a great looking boat. I have seen a few jets in that hull, but this is the first time I have heard of the V-drive model. I gotta get a look at that sometime.

Flyinbowtie
04-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey, T.
Thanks for the props..
My boat is a '99 SkiSanger DLX.
And they still make it, exact same boat, same layup, etc, just to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. If you want it with a tower, the factory installs Proflights.
We love it, it does exactly what we want. Wonderful ski boat at 31 MPH, good wake boat with no bags, but with the right people ballast placed correctly.

steve d
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Right ON! That is a great looking boat. I have seen a few jets in that hull, but this is the first time I have heard of the V-drive model. I gotta get a look at that sometime.
As Rene Racine would say...................."SEE YOU OUT THERE"

Twins+one
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
favorite for skiing I hate to say is the Malibu reponse. Boarding, nothing beats the Nautiue 211. All around dream boat is the Nautique 206.

Deuce2
05-25-2007, 05:57 PM
My favorite......:)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4562/lp11to7.jpg

Brian Ray
06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Here's my fav.....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/18942005_0626Image0001.JPG

skisupreme
06-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Here's mine.

skisupreme
06-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Trying with the image showing.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=129026&size=big&cat=500

skisupreme
06-09-2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=129026&size=big&cat=&ppuser=15517

skisupreme
06-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry, just figured out how to do this. Third time is a charm.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/supreme_lake.jpg

DSW
07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Check out The 23' 6" Calabria Pro-V. (V-drive) I own one, along with a 20'6" Sport Comp XTS (direct drive). Both are awesome boats. Though I have been eyeing the new Wakecraft boats.
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2598/1175705529ltk3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3937/calabriajc4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BlueNun
07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Calabria and wakecraft and built in Merced where I live. I know the owner of Wakecraft I just installed a satellite in there houseboat and home. Good People and good boats

MOBrien
07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
those Wakecraft boats look pretty sick.....but only available in a 20 footer? Are they making somethin bigger?
I'm looking into a few wakeboats now including Centurion 23/24 Enzo, Tige 22Ve/24Ve/RZ2, or Malibu 23 lsv. Recommendations & experiences with these?
Thanks.

Xlration Marine
07-07-2007, 01:00 PM
My favorite......:)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4562/lp11to7.jpg
Oh yea, but there is one thing missing. THE Trailer it came in on.

Brian Ray
07-18-2007, 05:49 PM
those Wakecraft boats look pretty sick.....but only available in a 20 footer? Are they making somethin bigger?
I'm looking into a few wakeboats now including Centurion 23/24 Enzo, Tige 22Ve/24Ve/RZ2, or Malibu 23 lsv. Recommendations & experiences with these?
Thanks.
My buddy has a Centurion Enzo and I towed him behind it the other day and I was not impressed by it. Very slow getting out of the hole (has the Black Scorpion) and doesn't turn worth a crap. It just felt like a tank and handled like one......It does throw a massive wake. I would not recommend wakerskiing behind it (I did and it's no fun unless of course you like to jump the wake on a single ski, which can be fun sometimes but not when you want to lay it down :) ). It seemed like it took forever to get up to speed too......
But my experience is with a Sanger V210.....mine is the yellow one I posted above. That being said the Centurion Enzo is the only 24' wakeboard boat I've driven so maybe they all handle this way in comparison to 21' V-drive like the Sanger??
Again this is just my opinion after driving it.......

Jay Vern
07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I have a 91 Ski Centurion Falcon. No complaints regarding the wake. The bottom is flat.

wright27
07-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry, just figured out how to do this. Third time is a charm.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/supreme_lake.jpg
Nice boat, I just bought a new 07 V220 yesterday. It is my second Supreme. I had a 05 V232. My wife and I decided to go a little smaller this time so we could have a nice wakeboard wake and still ski hard behind it.
There is no perfect boat so we are going with a happy medium.
Still have my 18 foot jet and always will, I love driving those boats.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36032&stc=1&d=1185913680

skisupreme
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks and nice looking boat. How does the 220 compare to the 232 since you now owned both?

wright27
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks and nice looking boat. How does the 220 compare to the 232 since you now owned both?
The 232 is much bigger. My wife hated driving the 232. It sat real deep in the water, she dinged up three props (I never hit anything). I prefer the 232, but the wife likes the 220.
More storage in the 232, and a better wake for wakesurfing. The 220 wake with the ballast full is nice. It is pretty lipy you get good pop so I have no complaints. Sking behind the 220 is much better though.

DMOORE
08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Shallow and flat, Thats the Ski Centurion's wake I have. The direct drive Hawk. Trully the perfect ski wake. Definately not the biggest wakeboarding wake though( even with all our fat a**es in the back).
Darrell.

riverfun
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
2001 Centurion Air Warrior v-drive here. No complaints but then I'm not a pro... it has good pop comming out of the hole, turns well and the rough water ride is good for this type of boat. Have driven and boarded behind a Mastercraft X-30 as well and it rode like crap in the rough stuff, but did put out a nice wake.

racesdr
09-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Try a Natique 196 or 206, that's a proper ski boat. Not those tanks your showing pictures of........ That's my grandmothers boat!