PDA

View Full Version : New Rhino Competition.

djunkie
01-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Looks fugly IMO but its supposedly got an 800EFI motor in it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22036&stc=1&d=1168901252
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22037&stc=1&d=1168901252
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22038&stc=1&d=1168901252

Cole Trickle
01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree...the looks and width do nothing for me. The 800 could be pretty fun:D

HavasuSelect
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I can't believe Honda is taking so long to hit this demographic.

Ivan Dan
01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
FUGLY just doesn't do its due justice! :220v: :2purples: :eek:

RiverRatMike
01-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Ugly!

djunkie
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I can't believe Honda is taking so long to hit this demographic.
Who says their even are gonna come out with something? All I have heard is rumors. And until I see proof I won't believe anything.

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Its just dirty........thats all.
I saw pics of yours DJ after a ride, it was dirty and ugly then too :D ;)

ramsfan
01-15-2007, 04:35 PM
its not how it looks that matters, its how it runs and I understood it will flat out stomp a rhino;) and it will now fit everywhere an atv will and another thing on the looks you can always moddify it a little which just about everyone does when they buy something like this.

Froggystyle
01-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I kind of like it... If it is smaller and lighter than the Rhino, with a bigger motor and more power I would say that is a step in the right direction from a performance standpoint and will likely kick the Rhino's ass in races.
That said, it would make it less inherently stable at speed, and no room for four, which I don't like.
I personally think the Rhino is about right with a long travel kit and bigger motor. Right size, right power to weight and great suspension.

ViB
01-15-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm surprised someone hasn't stuffed an R1 motor into a Rhino yet...

Ivan Dan
01-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm surprised someone hasn't stuffed an R1 motor into a Rhino yet...
here is a vid of a girl on GlamisDunes.com of a Rhino with a CBR600 motor in it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjeMfgcBMcY)

Ziggy
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I kind of like it... If it is smaller and lighter than the Rhino, with a bigger motor and more power I would say that is a step in the right direction from a performance standpoint and will likely kick the Rhino's ass in races.
That said, it would make it less inherently stable at speed, and no room for four, which I don't like.
I personally think the Rhino is about right with a long travel kit and bigger motor. Right size, right power to weight and great suspension.
Rhino's were not designed for four.
I watched so many go by this weekend in glamis, some set up great others set up wierd. Some so weighted with rollbars, rear seats and passengers they looked to be pulling wheelies the whole time.
I actually found myself giggle seeing a few of them, other times I did the whoa at the nice setups :D
its all just personal choice.......I don't care for them myself but thats just me.

HatenWinter
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I happened to be at a Polaris dealer yesterday just looking around. The owner was really talking this thing up, saying it was going to dominate the market, etc. I guess we'll see. I still like the look of the rhino alot more than this thing.

IT'SONLYMONEY
01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
where do you put the back seat, stereo, and ice chest rack? don't care for them myself. but to each there own and i am happy for all who can afford to play in these things

djunkie
01-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Its just dirty........thats all.
I saw pics of yours DJ after a ride, it was dirty and ugly then too :D ;)
And it looks darn good dirty at that. That things ugly as sin compared to this. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22050&stc=1&d=1168912425

ramsfan
01-16-2007, 09:21 PM
And it looks darn good dirty at that. That things ugly as sin compared to this. :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22050&stc=1&d=1168912425
famous argument turned back at you
the rhino is like a bus comparred to the RZR the RZR fits down smaller trails and the rzr has a smaller turning radius lol:rolleyes: ;)
it feels good to be on the other side of those remarks;)

djunkie
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
the rhino is like a bus comparred to the RZR the RZR fits down smaller trails and the rzr has a smaller turning radius lol:rolleyes: ;)
The Rhino like a bus? Have you drivwen a Ranger? I'm willing to bet that the new Polaris thingy is just as wide as a stock Rhino. And now that I have looked at it for 3 days now it is still FUGLY!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

ramsfan
01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
The Rhino like a bus? Have you drivwen a Ranger? I'm willing to bet that the new Polaris thingy is just as wide as a stock Rhino. And now that I have looked at it for 3 days now it is still FUGLY!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
actually I saw it parked next to the 800 sportsman and the looked very close in width. so I think it might actually be narrower then the rhino by about the same as the rhino is narrower then the ranger

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
someone let the info out to soon
Starting today, the game has changed. Introducing RANGER RZR, the first trail capable, side-by-side vehicle that screams down the trails as the fastest accelerating and lightest side-by-side; navigates through tight, twisty terrain with ease; and tackles mud, rocks and anything else nature throws its way for the ultimate off-road experience.
“RANGER RZR was designed to appeal to a wide variety of riders,” said Matt Homan, general manager of RANGER. “Avid trail riders will appreciate RANGER RZR’s ability to go anywhere an ATV can go; hunters will enjoy the ability to navigate to the most remote and extreme hunting spots while hauling enough gear for two; and side-by-side sport enthusiasts will find RANGER RZR’s light weight, cornering ability, acceleration and top speed appealing.”
At 50 inches wide, RANGER RZR is the only trail capable side-by-side in its class. At 945 lbs, it is the lightest side-by-side with the lowest cage height, compared to its competitors, which ensures true trail accessibility. RANGER RZR also boasts a true all-wheel drive (AWD) system that automatically engages when the rider needs more forward traction and reverts back to 2WD automatically when AWD is no longer needed.
Built with a patented design that places the engine behind the seat, RANGER RZR has the lowest center of gravity of all the sport side-by-sides for unmatched off-road responsiveness. Riders will find themselves sitting at least seven inches lower than they would in competitive side-by-side vehicles for unparalleled handling and ground hugging performance. For optimal handling on any terrain, RANGER RZR has nine inches of travel in the front, 9.5 inches in the rear and 10 inches of ground clearance due to its double A-arm front suspension with an exclusive, front anti-sway bar and a rolled independent rear suspension (IRS). For comfort, RANGER RZR also sports the best ergonomics in its class, including tilt steering, and adjustable hand rails and seats.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, even-firing Polaris Big Bore 800 Twin EFI engine, RANGER RZR is the fastest accelerating side-by-side with the highest horsepower in its class; accelerating to 35 MPH in four seconds, and topping out at 55 MPH. This power coupled with RANGER RZR’s unique design and smaller stature creates a vehicle that delivers razor sharp side-by-side performance.
RANGER RZR is no slouch when it comes handling the tough tasks. With a cargo bed rated for 300 lbs with 12 tie-down points, 1500 lb. towing capacity, under-hood storage and a myriad of PURE Polaris accessories including Lock & Ride, cabs and cargo systems, you have all the utility you need.
Offered in green and red, RANGER RZR will be available at Polaris dealerships in early summer, with a MSRP of $9,999 (US) and $13,999 (CAN).
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1088800/061.jpg

Cole Trickle
01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
It's terrible looking but based on the weight and motor it should haul arse.
It will be intresting what happens when the aftermarket gets ahold of it. I think a new cage and some wheels/tires will do wonders.
Good price for a 800cc SXS.:)

Wet Dream
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Lighter, faster, less expensive, lower CG, sounds good. :D

RiverRatMike
01-17-2007, 05:01 PM
55mph that's? it with a 800cc twin?

Ivan Dan
01-17-2007, 05:04 PM
the word used in another forum was FUGLY!!!! Honestly...I don't care how well it performs its still hideous any way you shake the stick.

Cole Trickle
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
the word used in another forum was FUGLY!!!! Honestly...I don't care how well it performs its still hideous any way you shake the stick.
If it cost 10K did 65mph and had 15" of usable travel I would put a bag over my head and smoke you fools;):D

Ultrafied
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Actually, the Ranger already has a smaller turning radius then the Rhino (148" compared to 153"). Also, the Ranger is .6" shorter in length then a Rhino. :D

GETSOME
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I think this is the perfect thing for the market. Give yamaha a little to think about.
I like the side protection, low center of gravity and cant beat the 800efi.
This will bring the rhino down in price hopefully and make yamaha build somthing bigger and better which they need to do. The 660 is under powered.

INSman
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
If it cost 10K did 65mph and had 15" of usable travel I would put a bag over my head and smoke you fools;):D
You're funny Brandin, I don't care what your friends say about you !! :D

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
55mph that's? it with a 800cc twin?
you obviously dont know about the restrictions the company are under for stock machines. they have to put the rev limiter on but how many of you have been stopped by the rev limiter.
thats why companies make the little black boxes and I can bet this thing will hit 60-70 when you take off the rev limits.

INSman
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
I think this is the perfect thing for the market. Give yamaha a little to think about.
I like the side protection, low center of gravity and cant beat the 800efi.
This will bring the rhino down in price hopefully and make yamaha build somthing bigger and better which they need to do. The 660 is under powered.
I am fairly certain that Honda will come up with something that will be hard to beat eventually ;)

GETSOME
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I am fairly certain that Honda will come up with something that will be hard to beat eventually ;)
Its just a matter of time... And then yamaha will have to keep up.
I bet they already have somthing in testing that we do not know about.

Wet Dream
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Of course they will.

GETSOME
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I would like to see yamaha sales number on there quads sence they came out with the rhino. I am sure it has dropped.

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I would like to see yamaha sales number on there quads sence they came out with the rhino. I am sure it has dropped.
I bet you are right and I bet things like the 2 up quads will slowly disapear

riverracerx
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks pretty cool?
It is definitely aggressive. Reminds me of this Jeep concept (just a little)
http://www.car.co.nz/images/articles/jeep/jeep_hurricane_concept/jeep_hurricane_concept_03_b.jpg

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks pretty cool?
It is definitely aggressive. Reminds me of this Jeep concept (just a little)
http://www.car.co.nz/images/articles/jeep/jeep_hurricane_concept/jeep_hurricane_concept_03_b.jpg
I do like that ride also

Cole Trickle
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
You're funny Brandin, I don't care what your friends say about you !! :D
Just speaking the truth...I would rather be fast than pretty:D :eek:
Any pictures of yours?:devil:

GETSOME
01-17-2007, 06:10 PM
I am glad you dont like your women that way:D

ultra27jay
01-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Who says their even are gonna come out with something? All I have heard is rumors. And until I see proof I won't believe anything.
One of my customers is a fox rep and head of the race team for Honda. He is down at Honda at least 3 times a week and he has seen both models. He said they are pretty interesting. They are tucked back in the warehouse and very hard to get close too.

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
I think the other industries will step up and make it even more competitave:) ;)

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 07:57 PM
ATVsport will have a full ride review on there website tommorow at 8:00am CST. This is what the editor said about it on myspace.
Razr features:
55 mph top speed with 760cc engine. Transmission a new design and mounted directly to engine.
Mid-mounted engine placement is patented. The engine is located behind the two bucket seats and in front of the rear wheels. It is powerful! New, patented engine mounts as well. There was little vibration.
L/W/H: 102/50/69
Wheelbase: 77
Alternator: 500 watts!!!!
Only 50 inches wide so it can go where other UTVs can't! But it doesn't compromise handling nor passenger room. It doesn't seem plausible, but two adult passengers have ample room inside the cab. We rarely bumped shoulders and we are large mammals!
The front end features redesigned suspension with dual A-arms and five-way preload adjustable shocks all around. A swaybar is also designed up front. The front end is phenomenal! It handled knee-high whoops at 30 mph without hunting or swapping. 9 inches of claimed suspension travel.
Rear IRS is revolutionary. It travels up and back when under harsh terrain. 9.5 inches rear travel.
10 inches of claimed ground clearance.
With engine mounted behind the seats, there is a bevy of leg room. Ergos are great. Tilt steering wheel, adjustable seats and seat belts. Custom T-bar for passenger. Lots of legroom.
Height of the vehicle is equal to a rider sitting on an ATV.
Lighter than the Rhino by about 100 pounds!
7.25 gallon tank under passenger seat.
Room for huge truck battery under driver seat to power all the goodies you'll bolt on.
Shoulder strap designed seat belt.
Storage under front hood.
Can haul 300 pounds on short bed, not tiltable.
Can tow 1,500 pounds. To that end, it is available in red or green (for the hunters who want a smaller UTV to navigate tight trails.) Accessories already available for hunting versions: Including plug and play Pure gun scabboards, gas tanks, etc.
Steel skid plates for full underbody protection.
Steel braided brake lines.
4 wheel disc brakes that were really progressive and had an awesome feel.
Center mount exhaust.
Go to atvsport.com or atvmagonline.com to get a full ride review along with a front end shot detailing the newly designed appearance. We wouldn't be surprised to see the 08 Sportsmans appearing with the sleek new plastics.
Other random thoughts:
This ride kicks ****. We pounded it hard. It handled better than anything else out there and was fun doing it. If Honda or Suzuki were going to plan on releasing a sport-rec side by side, they might want to hold those plans. This ride changes everything!
Tires were designed by Maxxis and are 2 ply up front and 4 ply rear. The sidewalls were great. We were in the rocky Zona desert and nobody in our whole group of 12 Razrs experienced a sidewall failure or flat!
There's already a whole line of accessories. As you see in my main photo, that Razr has lightbar, spare tire rack and extended cage, headache net, light bars, rearview mirror, Kenda tires and wheels to widen it four inches, nerfs, front and rear bumper and winch. Which, by the way, doesn't compromise looks because it mounts in a hidden location up front. Only the fairlead and rollers are visible! The side cab nets come standard.
The bucket seats are super easy to remove and the access panel snaps right out behind it. There, about shoulder height, you will find the air intake! Yes, you get the hint. Assume what you want from there.
I knew Polaris had a new concept side by side about 3 months ago, but I never thought it would ever have all the technology found on this Razr. Ultimately, I was stunned at the Monday night unveiling. It is available in late spring. If you are excited, I don't blame you.
Finally, the aftermarket has a Polaris product to be excited for. Move over Rhino rage, make room for the Razr!
Oh...I almost forgot. It retails for $9,999.

mbrown2
01-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I like the look of it better then the Rhino...

INSman
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Nah, mine is pretty much stock for now except for the CDI. Cage and seats on order right now, and it is going into the shop next week for all the other basic crap (sheave, jets, tip, snorkel,CVT, k&N and some wheel spacers.
I'll do rims, tires and long travel next season.....

ramsfan
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Minneapolis, MN (1/17/2007) - Starting today, the game has changed. Introducing RANGER RZR, the first trail capable, side-by-side vehicle that screams down the trails as the fastest accelerating and lightest side-by-side; navigates through tight, twisty terrain with ease; and tackles mud, rocks and anything else nature throws its way for the ultimate off-road experience.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvstudioside100.jpg
“RANGER RZR was designed to appeal to a wide variety of riders,” said Matt Homan, general manager of RANGER. “Avid trail riders will appreciate RANGER RZR’s ability to go anywhere an ATV can go; hunters will enjoy the ability to navigate to the most remote and extreme hunting spots while hauling enough gear for two; and side-by-side sport enthusiasts will find RANGER RZR’s light weight, cornering ability, acceleration and top speed appealing.”
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvatvtrail225.jpghttp://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvatvtrails225.jpg
At 50 inches wide, RANGER RZR is the only trail capable side-by-side in its class. At 945 lbs, it is the lightest side-by-side with the lowest cage height, compared to its competitors, which ensures true trail accessibility. RANGER RZR also boasts a true all-wheel drive (AWD) system that automatically engages when the rider needs more forward traction and reverts back to 2WD automatically when AWD is no longer needed.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvdash225.jpghttp://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvbar225.jpg
Dash Gauges: Fuel, Speed, Hour Meter, Odometer, Trip, AWD Engagement Indicator, EFI Diagnostic Codes, Gear selection, Clock
Industry first Passenger mounted T-Bar for holding onto while riding, and it is easily adjusted for rider comfort
Built with a patented design that places the engine behind the seat, RANGER RZR has the lowest center of gravity of all the sport side-by-sides for unmatched off-road responsiveness. Riders will find themselves sitting at least seven inches lower than they would in competitive side-by-side vehicles for unparalleled handling and ground hugging performance. For optimal handling on any terrain, RANGER RZR has nine inches of travel in the front, 9.5 inches in the rear and 10 inches of ground clearance due to its double A-arm front suspension with an exclusive, front anti-sway bar and a rolled independent rear suspension (IRS). For comfort, RANGER RZR also sports the best ergonomics in its class, including tilt steering, and adjustable hand rails and seats.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvengine225.jpg http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvrearend225.jpg
PTV Transmission & patented engine placement behind the seats Hydraulic front and rear brakes with steel braided lines and exclusive rolled IRS
Powered by a liquid-cooled, even-firing Polaris Big Bore 800 Twin EFI engine, RANGER RZR is the fastest accelerating side-by-side with the highest horsepower in its class; accelerating to 35 MPH in four seconds, and topping out at 55 MPH. This power coupled with RANGER RZR’s unique design and smaller stature creates a vehicle that delivers razor sharp side-by-side performance.
RANGER RZR is no slouch when it comes handling the tough tasks. With a cargo bed rated for 300 lbs with 12 tie-down points, 1500 lb. towing capacity, under-hood storage and a myriad of PURE Polaris accessories including Lock & Ride, cabs and cargo systems, you have all the utility you need.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvatvdunes494.jpg
Offered in green and red, RANGER RZR will be available at Polaris dealerships in early summer, with a MSRP of $9,999 (US) and $13,999 (CAN).
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvatvsport180.jpghttp://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris/polaris2008ranger800rzr/polaris2008rzrutvatvhunter180.jpg
Polaris Ranger Rzr equipped with various accessories for the cruiser and hunter

riverracerx
01-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I like it but there is no way you are going to get a back seat in it (from the looks of those photos)

blown65
01-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I actually like the look of that better than the Rhino. The Rhino reminds me of our golf cart on steriods.

catman-do
01-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I kind of think its cool looking. Besides they are talking about making those rear seats on Rhino's illegal anyways since they dont come set up from the factory like that. More weight up top on those rear seats is helping all these Rhino's flip and kill people. I wouldnt have a use for the big bed of a Rhino, however this bed seems perfect for a couple small coolers. One for hot foods and one for beers! The ass end does look a little funky though. Kinda like a stinkbug stance. I would consider one once they come out if i was in the market for something like that. The good thing i see about the rhino craze is that it has made sandrail prices come down a bit, making it affordable for me! I dont understand the people that put a total of 30k (including the initial purchase) into Rhino's? Why not buy a decent 30k sandrail and smoke the rhinos all day long, while having 4 full grown adults, and being safer for the occupants.

OutCole'd
01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I like it, & think they look pretty cool.

mbrown2
01-18-2007, 10:07 AM
The look/stance is definitely more appealing then the Rhino and the Rhino stock cage looks like the elementary school monkey bars compared to the stock cage on the RZR...
Plus the back seat on a Rhino is just not a good idea....gimme a 5th wheel mounted on a cage and call it good.

EmpirE231
01-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I like it alot!! deffinantly something to keep an eye out for... and hopefully honda comes out with something by summer... cause I need a new desert toy!
drivin both a 4seat rhino and a 2 seat.... the 2 seater is way more fun. the back seats are worthless unless you have dogs or little kids.. + it ups your center of gravity making it way more top heavy. and I like how the polaris mounts the engine behind the seats... making you sit wayy lower, lower center of gravity... less top heavy :)

ramsfan
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
exactly and they already have a bunch of aftermarket for it and it can still pull 1500 pds that is awesome for its sizeplus it will have all kinds of aftermarket following for suspension mods and even speed mods

djunkie
01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Sounds like it may be a winner. Its still ugly as sin and resembles a Honda Odysey to me though.

INSman
01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I kind of think its cool looking. Besides they are talking about making those rear seats on Rhino's illegal anyways since they dont come set up from the factory like that. More weight up top on those rear seats is helping all these Rhino's flip and kill people. I wouldnt have a use for the big bed of a Rhino, however this bed seems perfect for a couple small coolers. One for hot foods and one for beers! The ass end does look a little funky though. Kinda like a stinkbug stance. I would consider one once they come out if i was in the market for something like that. The good thing i see about the rhino craze is that it has made sandrail prices come down a bit, making it affordable for me! I dont understand the people that put a total of 30k (including the initial purchase) into Rhino's? Why not buy a decent 30k sandrail and smoke the rhinos all day long, while having 4 full grown adults, and being safer for the occupants.
Can you get the sand rail registerd for the street and if you could, would you really want to ?!? :messedup:

ramsfan
01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
what it comes down to is a 30k sand rail cant fit down the trails like the RZR,rhino,ranger,prowler can pluas you cant put a sand rail in the back of a pickup.;) :)

RiverRatMike
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I enjoy just crusing around in my Rhino and enjoying the desert. If I want to haul ass, that's what my Yamaha 450 dirtbike is for!

BigDoug
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Rhinos SUCK !!!!!

phebus
01-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Rhinos SUCK !!!!!
Hater !!!

mbrown2
01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Spy Video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hliIZ9aAJUo
They really put some thought into it....shorter then a Rhino, but longer wheel base...mid-mounted engine so the seats can be lower then the Rhino....faster, longer, lower and more travel......I would think it will force a design change or new model from Yami...

INSman
01-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Rhinos SUCK !!!!!
Don't you have to go detail something ?!? :D

bigq
01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Not my cup of tea but it looks a lot more aggressive then the Rhino and sounds like it will outperform anything the Rhino will do.;)

ramsfan
01-19-2007, 11:45 AM
RZR video that shows what it can do
http://www.atvpress.com/atvvideos/atvmodels/polaris/polaris2008rangerrzr.wmv

djunkie
01-19-2007, 11:58 AM
RZR video that shows what it can do
http://www.atvpress.com/atvvideos/atvmodels/polaris/polaris2008rangerrzr.wmv
Well after watching that video I can honestly say that I didn't see anything that really impressed me. Looks like just another side by side. I've taken my Rhino through worse then that. The Rhino handles the whoops just as well, which isn't very well as you see in the video. It sure looks like the driver and passenger seats are really close together. The fishtail around the corner was cool, but a Rhino will do that too in the dirt. And damm that thing still looks ugly as sin.

2Driver
01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I think I could warm up to it. Not sure about Polaris for parts and service.
BY the design, it is sure clear they don't want 4 seats to get in there.
Also I would expect something new from Yamaha in the Oct time frame. My guess

ramsfan
01-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Well after watching that video I can honestly say that I didn't see anything that really impressed me. Looks like just another side by side. I've taken my Rhino through worse then that. The Rhino handles the whoops just as well, which isn't very well as you see in the video. It sure looks like the driver and passenger seats are really close together. The fishtail around the corner was cool, but a Rhino will do that too in the dirt. And damm that thing still looks ugly as sin.
;) cant you just be happy that someone stepped it up instead of making us wait and wait to see what is next:)
Plus I really doubt you can take the corners at the same speeds as they were and I also was told they had that thing full to the floor as much as the could and I dont think that through those section many of us would do that with our stock machines that fast;) ;) :rolleyes: :)

djunkie
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
;) cant you just be happy that someone stepped it up instead of making us wait and wait to see what is next:)
Plus I really doubt you can take the corners at the same speeds as they were and I also was told they had that thing full to the floor as much as the could and I dont think that through those section many of us would do that with our stock machines that fast;) ;) :rolleyes: :)
I have given it credit where credit was due. People are claiming this to be the end all of the Rhino. I don't see it. Its gonna take more than a little more horsepower to do that. Granted they are on the right track but styling goes a long way and at the moment they're a little off. Good for them though. Looks like a big step forward from the Ranger.
As for driving it through the rough stuff at full throttle......come follow me in my Rhino. In the video it shows it going through some whoops and its getting beat up pretty good. Looks can be deceiving in a video and from the looks of it I don't think it handles much better if any. Not too mention it looks like it may be a little cramped for the driver and passenger.
I'm not trying to sound like a hater, just giving my opinion on what I see.

BigDoug
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I just watched the video and thought of a couple things.............i don't like the looks of the cage (ugly) the rest of it looks a ton better than the other model, ........i don't know if a guy my size will fit in it ? this is why i chose my arctic cat and not the rhino, the rhino and cat are very sporty looking and can utilize the rear area as a back seat or storage area, you can not with this new polaris.....................i still like the rhino and cat much more !!! :)

ramsfan
01-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I just watched the video and thought of a couple things.............i don't like the looks of the cage (ugly) the rest of it looks a ton better than the other model, ........i don't know if a guy my size will fit in it ? this is why i chose my arctic cat and not the rhino, the rhino and cat are very sporty looking and can utilize the rear area as a back seat or storage area, you can not with this new polaris.....................i still like the rhino and cat much more !!! :)
that all depends on what the heck you haul when you go riding the dunes I can say mine is empty unless I have gas cans or spare tire in it and the RZR can carry that a cooler also so I dont know how much more you really need.

RiverRatMike
01-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Rhinos SUCK !!!!!
Artic Cat's SUCK!

djunkie
01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
that all depends on what the heck you haul when you go riding the dunes I can say mine is empty unless I have gas cans or spare tire in it and the RZR can carry that a cooler also so I dont know how much more you really need.
The ability to carry things doesn't even make a difference to me. I throw an ice chest in the back and thats pretty much it. Sometimes a spare tire depending on where we're riding at. But after watching the video all the hype that was talked about it doesn't seem as good as everyone made it sound.

ramsfan
01-20-2007, 12:38 PM
The ability to carry things doesn't even make a difference to me. I throw an ice chest in the back and thats pretty much it. Sometimes a spare tire depending on where we're riding at. But after watching the video all the hype that was talked about it doesn't seem as good as everyone made it sound.
what are you even talking about if you watched the same video as everyone else it did show it was very capable and I dare you to go there and do a video with your rhino at the same speeds and see what it looks like
that thing did way better then any of the other sxs's out with stock setup.I have said it a dozen times and will continue to say it go to the forums where the people who drove it are talking about how good it felt and how safe it felt compared to other sxs's.
the drivers head was never bouncing around when going through the whoops and when they did a high speed turn on a off camber corner it maintained control all the way through it but here let see a vid of a rhino going through a small was and compare what we see ;) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h16M1vPtum0&mode
now you know I am just razzing you so dont get bent out of shape on the comments;) :) :boxingguy :) :D

djunkie
01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
what are you even talking about if you watched the same video as everyone else it did show it was very capable and I dare you to go there and do a video with your rhino at the same speeds and see what it looks like
that thing did way better then any of the other sxs's out with stock setup.I have said it a dozen times and will continue to say it go to the forums where the people who drove it are talking about how good it felt and how safe it felt compared to other sxs's.
the drivers head was never bouncing around when going through the whoops and when they did a high speed turn on a off camber corner it maintained control all the way through it but here let see a vid of a rhino going through a small was and compare what we see ;) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h16M1vPtum0&mode
now you know I am just razzing you so dont get bent out of shape on the comments;) :) :boxingguy :) :D
Your almost as bad as the Jeep guys. I gave it credit where it was due. And thats in the power department. Take that for seater cage off that Rhino and put the stocker back on. Not to mention that hill the RHino was climbing was worse than anything that RZR did in the video. It obvious that your a huge Polaris fan. So trying to reason with you on this is kinda a waste of my time.
I'm not saying its not a nice machine, just not as great as you may think. And I have read up on it on a lot of the other forums. Most of them are Polaris fans too. Most of the unbiased opinions I read said that it had great power. And the suspension might be a bit better. Doesn't make it a killer to me.

ramsfan
01-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Your almost as bad as the Jeep guys. I gave it credit where it was due. And thats in the power department. Take that for seater cage off that Rhino and put the stocker back on. Not to mention that hill the RHino was climbing was worse than anything that RZR did in the video. It obvious that your a huge Polaris fan. So trying to reason with you on this is kinda a waste of my time.
I'm not saying its not a nice machine, just not as great as you may think. And I have read up on it on a lot of the other forums. Most of them are Polaris fans too. Most of the unbiased opinions I read said that it had great power. And the suspension might be a bit better. Doesn't make it a killer to me.
you must know I am looking forward to the posts everytime I log onand you do keep it interesting;) as I am trying to do also while we are discussing things like cages what is your opinion of the so called cages that the industry puts on stock machines?
My opinion is if you intend to do any real world offroading the stock cages are not reliable . they work for slow speed tip over's but I would be very affraid to chance it in a situation where it could be a hard roll over such as rock crawling or jumping the dunes. I hit my stock cage on a tree limb and it bent about 3 inches which is not even close to being strong enough.that is why I am having a cutsom built cage front and rear.

djunkie
01-20-2007, 02:54 PM
you must know I am looking forward to the posts everytime I log onand you do keep it interesting;) as I am trying to do also while we are discussing things like cages what is your opinion of the so called cages that the industry puts on stock machines?
My opinion is if you intend to do any real world offroading the stock cages are not reliable . they work for slow speed tip over's but I would be very affraid to chance it in a situation where it could be a hard roll over such as rock crawling or jumping the dunes. I hit my stock cage on a tree limb and it bent about 3 inches which is not even close to being strong enough.that is why I am having a cutsom built cage front and rear.
Not trying to keep it interesting. Just trying to bring a different perspective. As for the stock cages, for what they were designed for I think they are ok. I don't jump my Rhino, I trail ride it like it was intended. In the future I may upgrade to a better/lower one but I won't do a 4 seater.
Back to the thread at hand though. Do you think the cage on the new RZR is built with high speed roll overs in mind?

Hal
01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Anyone order one yet? I did this morning:eek: They are going to try and get an ETA monday morning.

djunkie
01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Anyone order one yet? I did this morning:eek: They are going to try and get an ETA monday morning.
I heard April.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Kawasaki Sport Mule with the 700 V twin and a dedicated back seat option will be released soon.
All new design according to the local Kawi rep.
I've got nothing against the Ranger, but Polaris is a sorry ass company when it comes to parts availability and customer service and dealer backing.
Ask anyone that owns or has owned a Polaris Watercraft.

Screemy1
01-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I like it.... I never really liked the rhino..... but it was the better one out there, now I find it funny all the rhino owners bash it with out driving it..... it may look differant, but you honestly have to compare it to your riding style...... I had fun in the rhino, but it was not for me.... it felt like a golfcart..... and I have had more fun in the old honda odycs.... and that looks kinda similiar.... so I would love to try it...... but I would probably still wait for the other manuf. to bring out there's... yama comes out with them first, but the others make good products too.....

djunkie
01-20-2007, 09:30 PM
I like it.... I never really liked the rhino..... but it was the better one out there, now I find it funny all the rhino owners bash it with out driving it..... it may look differant, but you honestly have to compare it to your riding style...... I had fun in the rhino, but it was not for me.... it felt like a golfcart..... and I have had more fun in the old honda odycs.... and that looks kinda similiar.... so I would love to try it...... but I would probably still wait for the other manuf. to bring out there's... yama comes out with them first, but the others make good products too.....
To each his own. Its funny how I've heard a bunch of people praise this new Polaris before they've even driven it. It goes both ways.

Ultrafied
01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
yama comes out with them first, but the others make good products too.....
Actually, the Ranger and Mule, to name just a few, were out many years before the Rhino came to market. I believe the Rhino only came out in 2003 (as a 2004 model).

Hal
01-21-2007, 01:11 AM
I sure like the way it looks.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/55rzr.jpg

Hal
01-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Walk around video on the RZR.
http://www.atvconnection.com/videos/player.cfm?vid=RZRInterview_VP6_256K.flv

ramsfan
01-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Not trying to keep it interesting. Just trying to bring a different perspective. As for the stock cages, for what they were designed for I think they are ok. I don't jump my Rhino, I trail ride it like it was intended. In the future I may upgrade to a better/lower one but I won't do a 4 seater.
Back to the thread at hand though. Do you think the cage on the new RZR is built with high speed roll overs in mind?
on that question I am really hoping it is they havent said much on that but with the highter speeds and the risk of people getting crazy I hope they did build a better cage

Hal
01-21-2007, 10:03 AM
A little more hype.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/images/RZRWISR.jpg

bigq
01-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I sure like the way it looks.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/55rzr.jpg
Quite a bit more aggressive and sporty looking then the Rhino.

Screemy1
01-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Actually, the Ranger and Mule, to name just a few, were out many years before the Rhino came to market. I believe the Rhino only came out in 2003 (as a 2004 model).
yeah.... I should have been more clear...... the mule was the first, the ranger kinda started the trendyness, I was trying to say that yama started it as a trend...... and was comparing the four stroke era.... they didn't start 4 strokes.... as Honda did with the xr's... but yama made the trend with the 4 strokers of today........ the Rhino made these side by sides the new "THING" of today.........

ramsfan
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
yeah.... I should have been more clear...... the mule was the first, the ranger kinda started the trendyness, I was trying to say that yama started it as a trend...... and was comparing the four stroke era.... they didn't start 4 strokes.... as Honda did with the xr's... but yama made the trend with the 4 strokers of today........ the Rhino made these side by sides the new "THING" of today.........
If you really want to get technical the first true side by sides were golf carts, and the 1st real 4x4 atv type vehicle was the Honda odyessy and the pilots

Cole Trickle
01-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Good comparison.:D
The rZR is pretty small compared to the Rhino.(The lack of width would make me nervous)
http://www.ky-escaper.com/uorc/videos/rzr_rhino.wmv

riverracerx
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I like it, but I still need a place for my kids.
Unless I buy two.
Then I need a bigger truck. Or a trailer.
It is endless......

Baja Big Dog
01-22-2007, 05:04 PM
WOW sure glad I sold my POS Rhino....looks like a new trophy for the garage, the thief in Havi is gonna get a couple and mark up the price cause he has them, lets remember these guys when they a lot full of them and cant give them away.:devil:

racecar.hotshoe
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
how much are these things?

riverracerx
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
10k msrp, so about 13k in so cal.

riverroyal
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
I may need one of these:idea:

Dezertrider
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Under 10k? Bigger motor?? Faster??? Mods will make it even fast and better???? I want it....................... No wait,,,,,,,,,,,, Honda still needs to come out with something. Waiting for the best.........
.Dam they keep making it better. I will never get the best if I wait for it.... I will just play the Lotto and make my own
:)

djunkie
01-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Under 10k? Bigger motor?? Faster??? Mods will make it even fast and better???? I want it....................... No wait,,,,,,,,,,,, Honda still needs to come out with something. Waiting for the best.........
.Dam they keep making it better. I will never get the best if I wait for it.... I will just play the Lotto and make my own
:)
Under $10k???? Lets see what the dealers mark it up to.

Hal
01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.prcforum.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11508

2Driver
01-23-2007, 09:18 AM
FUnny, I went into a Polaris dealer and mentioned it. He said it did not exist and claimed that he was the 4th largest dealer in the country and would know about it if anyone did. I looked at him and had to chuckle.

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 12:31 PM
FUnny, I went into a Polaris dealer and mentioned it. He said it did not exist and claimed that he was the 4th largest dealer in the country and would know about it if anyone did. I looked at him and had to chuckle.
wont he feel dumb when people start riding by his shop with them on the trailer;) :)

Mrs.charitycase
01-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Hmmmm. I wouldn't doubt they are coming out with one. But haven't heard anything. Will research it though.

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm. I wouldn't doubt they are coming out with one. But haven't heard anything. Will research it though.
HUH???
It is coming out and limited to 2 per dealer from what I was told, I cant believe with all the hype you havent heard it before this.

Mrs.charitycase
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I cant believe with all the hype you havent heard it before this.
I would probably know if I were in sales still, but I'm not anymore. They put me in the Finance office now and all I do is finance and insure customer's present vehicles.

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I would probably know if I were in sales still, but I'm not anymore. They put me in the Finance office now and all I do is finance and insure customer's present vehicles.
well maybe you can try to get the inside scoop on the new Yamaha that is being rumored out later this year;) ;)

Ivan Dan
01-23-2007, 04:21 PM
You obviously haven't seen how we ride these things. I just watched the vid and I'm not impressed either. I've gone over, through, up and down A LOT crazier things in my stock Rhino and I GUARANTEE you I could do it as fast or faster than this thing.
I think it looks WAY too narrow and as Dj said the styling is extremely important to most people buying them and I personally thinks it is down right ugly.

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 04:44 PM
You obviously haven't seen how we ride these things. I just watched the vid and I'm not impressed either. I've gone over, through, up and down A LOT crazier things in my stock Rhino and I GUARANTEE you I could do it as fast or faster than this thing.
I think it looks WAY too narrow and as Dj said the styling is extremely important to most people buying them and I personally thinks it is down right ugly.
I have yet to find an ice chest that can keep up with my driving style;):D:devil:
Gym tonight?

djunkie
01-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I have yet to find an ice chest that can keep up with my driving style;):D:devil:
Gym tonight?
I think I've finally figured that problem out. :idea: :D
You........Gym?????? LOL!!!!!!!!!

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
I think I've finally figured that problem out. :idea: :D
You........Gym?????? LOL!!!!!!!!!
6'
202.6 lbs of love muscle:D
I would like to get down to around 190lbs and be firmer.
What is this new invention:D

Hal
01-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Not one of the dealers in my area had heard anything about a new Ranger coming out untill I had them look up the info on the internet. Put a deposit at one dealer for 1st in line. One of the dealers after talking to thier distributor said it will be the 1st of June for delivery.

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Not one of the dealers in my area had heard anything about a new Ranger coming out untill I had them look up the info on the enternet. Put a deposit at one dealer for 1st in line. One of the dealers after talking to thier distributor said it will be the 1st of June for delivery.
Let us know the price and what you think of it when you take delivery.....:)
You might get lucky and grab one before they take off and the prices get retarded.:devil: :D

Ivan Dan
01-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Gym tonight?
I went this morning already....but I might be up for another cardio session.

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I went this morning already....but I might be up for another cardio session.
I plan to be there right at 6:30...Nothing crazy for the first week (Probably hit the tread mill for a hlf hour or so while looking at the ladies:D;))

djunkie
01-23-2007, 05:06 PM
6'
202.6 lbs of love muscle:D
I would like to get down to around 190lbs and be firmer.
What is this new invention:D
Bigger flatter Ice chest. :D :D

Ivan Dan
01-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I plan to be there right at 6:30...Nothing crazy for the first week (Probably hit the tread mill for a hlf hour or so while looking at the ladies:D;))
Best part about the gym! Not to mention river season is right around the corner and I need to drop about 25-30 pounds.

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Best part about the gym! Not to mention river season is right around the corner and I need to drop about 25-30 pounds.
Cool...See you there at 6:30:D
I will bring the lawn chairs and beer;)

Cole Trickle
01-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Bigger flatter Ice chest. :D :D
I want one of those DFR cages with the cooler holder...then I want to ditch the bed matt and tailgate to be lighter;):D :devil: :idea:

djunkie
01-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I want one of those DFR cages with the cooler holder...then I want to ditch the bed matt and tailgate to be lighter;):D :devil: :idea:
I want one too but I'm a broke ass and for now the bigger ice chest will do. :D

Hal
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
The dealer just called me. They are getting two in March, 1st ones mine. I don't know who gets the other but they have 3 more deposits on them. If your thinking about it put down a deposit to get in line.
Call Joey at 74 motorsports right off the 15 in Elsinore 951-245-5999. Tell him Hal told you to talk to him. He's the assitant sales manager. Got to talk to him for a while, seems to be a good guy. Scared to ask what its going to cost. I hope MSRP +tax and a few other fees.

nodigg
01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping Honda's version is soon to be released, till then I'll keep the Commando for passing the Rhinos..............:D

ramsfan
01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
The dealer just called me. They are getting two in March, 1st ones mine. I don't know who gets the other but they have 3 more deposits on them. If your thinking about it put down a deposit to get in line.
Call Joey at 74 motorsports right off the 15 in Elsinore 951-245-5999. Tell him Hal told you to talk to him. He's the assitant sales manager. Got to talk to him for a while, seems to be a good guy. Scared to ask what its going to cost. I hope MSRP +tax and a few other fees.
sounds good you should be able to bring it to the Rally In June http://www.utvrally.com/ (http://www.utvrally.com) there will be a few RZRs out there from what I have heard

Mrs.charitycase
01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
well maybe you can try to get the inside scoop on the new Yamaha that is being rumored out later this year;) ;)
Ok....I will look into that....if you aren't pullin my leg. :D :D

ramsfan
01-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Ok....I will look into that....if you aren't pullin my leg. :D :D
well I have heard rumors (as they are just that untill proven otherwise) on this fall or next spring but I would hope sooner. but if you get the info and email it I can spread it like wildfire and then everyone will still think its just a rumor lol:) ;) :D

catman-do
01-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Can you get the sand rail registerd for the street and if you could, would you really want to ?!? :messedup:
Yeah, you can get a rail registered as long as it is stamped. Oh, and for the other part, hell yeah i would cruise that thing down the street! If they could be street legal in CA i would drive it to work, pullin wheelies up the toll roads!

catman-do
01-24-2007, 08:40 AM
what it comes down to is a 30k sand rail cant fit down the trails like the RZR,rhino,ranger,prowler can pluas you cant put a sand rail in the back of a pickup.;) :)
I see your point with the back of the truck thing, but thats why i have a trailer. I dont see many of those shiny, nice paint job rhino's going down trails in which a rail wouldnt fit though. Those Rhino rides in havasu everone does a rail would fit down and i dont see many bushes. If a trail was too thin to fit a rail, most likely there would be some bushes rocks etc... and i dont see those guys messing up their pretty paint jobs. Even most of the people on the boards admit the rhino's are either sand queens, or street toys in havasu

catman-do
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I enjoy just crusing around in my Rhino and enjoying the desert. If I want to haul ass, that's what my Yamaha 450 dirtbike is for!
I agree, when i want to really haul ass and scare myself a bit, i would still stick with my 450 (honda though) ;)

djunkie
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I see your point with the back of the truck thing, but thats why i have a trailer. I dont see many of those shiny, nice paint job rhino's going down trails in which a rail wouldnt fit though. Those Rhino rides in havasu everone does a rail would fit down and i dont see many bushes. If a trail was too thin to fit a rail, most likely there would be some bushes rocks etc... and i dont see those guys messing up their pretty paint jobs. Even most of the people on the boards admit the rhino's are either sand queens, or street toys in havasu
Thats why some of us aren't gonna paint our Rhinos. The trails in Lake Arrowhead that I ride on are tight and have a lot of trees. My stock Rhino fits nicely on them. :D :D

ramsfan
01-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Thats why some of us aren't gonna paint our Rhinos. The trails in Lake Arrowhead that I ride on are tight and have a lot of trees. My stock Rhino fits nicely on them. :D :D
yea thats why you go and get the product stickers and stick all over it like Warn, maxxis, omf and others

ravencr
02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
ATV TV's RzR Show! (http://www.utvrally.com/viewtopic.php?t=206)
Chris