PDA

View Full Version : HELP wheel lock socket

marty722
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I bought a nice Suzuki Samruai and it has some 31's on it and I'm a dipshit for not asking but it has wheel locks on it and the last owner seems to think he never had a removel socket. Its a black lock that has the number 256 stamped on it. Does anyone know how to either get a spare socket or knows how to remove them without beating the crap out of myself? Any help would be great. Thanks Marty

79Challenger
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
A hammer and chisel work well. Taptaptap. Or you can hammer a slightly smaller (or larger depending on orientation) socket onto it. I recommend an impact socket for this. Any good wheel shop should be able to do this for you pretty cheap and quick.

01-15-2007, 04:06 PM
An old school tire shop might have the one you need. I'd try that before I beat the shit out of the lug nuts.

Kachina26
01-15-2007, 04:17 PM
When I worked at the dealer, I used to use a 16 point 3/4 inch chrome socket. I just hammered the socket over the lock and used my impact wrench (lightly) to remove the nut. I'm sure you could do the same without the impact. Getting the socket off of the lock will take a little time though :D They also make actual wheel lock removal kits (http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ame400.html) I would be careful about the hammer and chisel deal, I've seen that one go very badly. Some tire shops also carry a master key set. It can also be purchased off of a tool truck. My money is on the 16 point socket.

marty722
01-15-2007, 04:21 PM
for all of the info, I think I'll try a tire shop first before I go postal on the lug nutssss!!!
Thanks

78Eliminator
01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
When I worked at the dealer, I used to use a 16 point 3/4 inch chrome socket. I just hammered the socket over the lock and used my impact wrench (lightly) to remove the nut. I'm sure you could do the same without the impact. Getting the socket off of the lock will take a little time though :D They also make actual wheel lock removal kits (http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ame400.html) I would be careful about the hammer and chisel deal, I've seen that one go very badly. Some tire shops also carry a master key set. It can also be purchased off of a tool truck. My money is on the 16 point socket.
What he said. Works every time.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Try autozone. They sell a lock removal kit. it should be on thier floor. Or i can special order them. LEt me know;)

marty722
01-15-2007, 04:33 PM
thanks 396 I'll check around....