PDA

View Full Version : Fastest overhub bowlifting prop for twins?

Toffen
01-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi!
I am doing some research on props for my Phantom 25 with twin Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines. Merc Bravo and Mirage proved to blow out, and the next step is chopper style props. However, it seems to be few props out there for counter rotation. Mazco RE-4 for instance is only RH.
I have found the following brands for twin installation:
Merc ET's
Merc Chopper II
Mazco RE-3
Performance Propellers (Performer 3, Performer SC3, Performer 4, Performer SC4, Performer HP4)
Hydromotive (Quad IV-X OB, Quad IV O/T, Quad IV-X O/T)
Hoss Hyperdrive 3 blade
Which of these carry load best and is fastest (in general).
How does Performance Propellers and Hoss Hyperdrive perform?
Thanks!
Cheeeers, Toffen G:D

randy77zt
01-16-2007, 12:26 AM
while i dont have alot of experience with lots of props i can tell you that my old mirage with a 260 was very light in the front with a big ear merc chopper.that boat flew itself-didnt need bow lift.kind of a scary ride at 90+.

Evin Rude
01-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Merc ET's have both bow and stern lift. They are scary on light fast V's. Pick the whole boat out of the water.
I would think they would work well on your boat.
ER

Towndrunk
01-16-2007, 02:29 PM
All you need are choppers. Most of the rest are too expensive and won't give you much of anything over a chopper on that boat .

Toffen
01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
hi!
Thanks!:)
Cheeers, Toffen

Propster
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Toffen, I like the Merc small ear choppers for a little bow lift and big speed. The other props might work well too, however, the Merc choppers are fairly cheap and easy to find. The Merc big ear choppers are slower (too much drag) and have too much bow lift.