PDA

View Full Version : its only 7:30...

YeLLowBoaT
01-16-2007, 07:33 AM
and I have already gotten 3 phone calls from ppl wanting me to come fix thier pipes that froze last night... its going to be a long day. Shame that under $5 and less then a hour could save you hundreds... :D

boater72
01-16-2007, 08:09 AM
and I have already gotten 3 phone calls from ppl wanting me to come fix thier pipes that froze last night... its going to be a long day. Shame that under $5 and less then a hour could save you hundreds... :D
So fill us in on the $5 and less then a hour? See in So CA we don't have these problems most of the time.

SB
01-16-2007, 08:13 AM
You just turn the water on a little trickle.

YeLLowBoaT
01-16-2007, 08:14 AM
go buy pipe insulation.( old rags work too)

HocusPocus
01-16-2007, 08:15 AM
my wife is the GM for a chain of 5 hardware stores here in the high desert and the past weekend they broke their previous sales records due to the freeze. they had to call to re-order lots of plumbing supplies and have them over nighted to keep up with demand.

YeLLowBoaT
01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
I was shocked this morning to hear that the local plumbin supply store was out of 1.5" copper pipe... I've already been out and turned off thier water/ gas to water heater... I'm just wait for it to warm up some so I don't have to take a taw the ice in the pipes with a toruch...

a catered life
01-16-2007, 08:21 AM
my wife is the GM for a chain of 5 hardware stores here in the high desert and the past weekend they broke their previous sales records due to the freeze. they had to call to re-order lots of plumbing supplies and have them over nighted to keep up with demand.
thats funny cause i had to got to lowes on saturday and the store was fairly empty but when i went to the pvc, pipe insulator and sprinkler isles :sqeyes: that were packed with guys about 50-60 people and the pipe insulator stock was out.....glad i was only trying to fix a sprinkler head:eek:

OKIE-JET
01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
like was said before, just a small trickle. Been under 32 since Fri. here and no prob. We learn this early in life here!:D

Hardly Satisfied
01-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Think of all the money you are going to make