PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know know poeple in the Muscle Car business???

K3-River-Rat
10-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I'm wanting to get hooked up with some reliable contacts that deal mainly in Chevy Muscle Cars :) I have a few rare Chevys I would like to sell, but living out in the cornfields of the midwest nobody even knows these cars exsist :confused: I'm wanting something at least close to the current market value. These are the "real deal" NOT clones or look alikes wink These are cars that were investments that I purchased over the years and I would like to get a little extra cash together for a new project I have in mind :D One of the cars in particular I'm looking to let go is a 1969 Camaro RS (hide away headlights) SS X11 code factory hugger orange paint with the black racing stripes, black top, black and white houndstooth interior, woodgrain dash & console package, ralley wheels etc. with 79,000 original miles on the odometer eek! Other cars include: another 69 Camaro SS X11 code, 70 Nova RS fact.red paint black int.with original owners manual and protect-o-plate, 72 Nova SS 4spd car, new GM parts from ground up, 74 Camaro Z28 #s matching high perf.350 M21 4spd 3:73 posi all fact.stock with 52,000 original miles.car is white with black stripes and black int. This was "Sports Car" of the year in 1974. Have some of the articles and documentation. I am willing to trailer the cars to other states if need be as long as I will be paid fair market value by the purchaser wink Any help would be appreciated :)
[ October 22, 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

MikeF
10-22-2002, 11:56 AM
Have you tried ebay?

Back To Havasu
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
The easiest way to find consignment sellers is to buy a copy of the Hemmings or Old Car Trader or similar publication to find vintage car dealers within driving distance. Also on www.autotraderonline.com (http://www.autotraderonline.com) you can find vintage car dealers selling muscle cars. If you want to sell the cars without a middleman, advertise on the net in these vintage car sites, advertise in the abovementioned publications, or find a huge show such as goodguys, superchevy, etc. to take your cars to show with for sale signs on them. Good luck.

K3-River-Rat
10-22-2002, 11:59 AM
MikeF:
Have you tried ebay?YEP, I've been buying and selling on there off and on for several years :D

MikeF
10-22-2002, 12:07 PM
K3-River-Rat:
MikeF:
Have you tried ebay?YEP, I've been buying and selling on there off and on for several years :D What kind of sucess have you had trying to sell the cars?

ssmike
10-22-2002, 12:17 PM
K3-River-Rat:
72 Nova SS 4spd car, new GM parts from ground upOK K-3, what are you asking for this one???

K3-River-Rat
10-22-2002, 12:18 PM
Back To Havasu:
The easiest way to find consignment sellers is to buy a copy of the Hemmings or Old Car Trader or similar publication to find vintage car dealers within driving distance. Also on www.autotraderonline.com (http://www.autotraderonline.com) you can find vintage car dealers selling muscle cars. If you want to sell the cars without a middleman, advertise on the net in these vintage car sites, advertise in the abovementioned publications, or find a huge show such as goodguys, superchevy, etc. to take your cars to show with for sale signs on them. Good luck.I appreciate the advice Havasu, But that is exactly what I'm trying to getaway from :D I'm completely FED UP with DREAMERS, tire kickers, I'll be back next week, I WANT it. blah blah blah :confused: I know damn good and well IF the right people knew about some of these cars they would be fighting over them :D There just aren't that many REAL original muscle cars to be had out there anymore wink Some of the cars I have I would like to see go to a private collector or even a classic muscle car museum. They are a huge part of our high performance history from back in the day when brute horsepower was at its peak :cool: The hugger orange 69 Camaro was one of the hottest street/strip cars of 1969 and they will never be duplicated again wink

GofastRacer
You might try this site, it's kinda interesting!!.. :cool:
http://www.chevytalk.com/

78DiMarco
A buddy of mine has a car lot in California that features muscle cars and Porsche's. www.californiacars.com (http://www.californiacars.com) Ask for Eric if you contact them and tell him Bert sent you.
He buys cars for resale so I'm sure you won't get top buck from him.
I have an interest in a Camaro or Nova, have you set any prices that you wouldn't mind quoting?

Back To Havasu
10-22-2002, 12:21 PM
If your looking for the high dollar crowd, try advertising in Hemmings, or set a reserve and enter your car in the Barrett Jackson Auction.

K3-River-Rat
10-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks guys, I'll check into some of these places you have suggested wink All I'm wanting to do is just pull a FAIR dollar out of these vehicles. Some of these local people that have heard about some of these cars I own have tracked me down and tried to buy them at a fraction of their actual value. A couple of them had NO idea HOW close they came to getting punched right in the teeth! :mad: I got rid of them by laughing in their face and telling them they couldn't afford to buy a REAL muscle car and I had work to do, so don't bother to come back here and waste any more of my time unless they came with $15,000.00 cash in hand and THEN and ONLY then we will talk eek! I know when ever I have gone out and purchased one of these cars I had to pay quite a chunk of money for whatever I bought and then had to more put time & money into it yet! :confused:
[ October 22, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

K3-River-Rat
10-22-2002, 01:08 PM
MikeF:
K3-River-Rat:
MikeF:
Have you tried ebay?YEP, I've been buying and selling on there off and on for several years :D What kind of sucess have you had trying to sell the cars?I generally just sell parts and custom Harley paint jobs on ebay :) I have only put one vehicle on there with a reserve. I put my 2000 Harley Ultra Classic on there lasy year with a reserve of $18,500.00 and the bike was still at $21,760.00 in Kelly Blue Book :confused: They bid the bike up to $16,800.00 right away but that was where it stayed. I have gone on there many times and watched some of the older Chevys till the end of the auction wink Most of them just don't sell. I've found that since the economy has taken a nose dive most of the people that are buying on e-bay are looking for a "steal deal" so I haven't put anything on there in several months :D

vdrivenman
10-22-2002, 06:01 PM
K3RR,
super chevy would or yenko would be a good place to start.
there is a local web site for the houston area ,lotta's kids and bullshit, but sum serious
racer and car fans. the classifieds are free list um there and c what happens. u never know !
hotrodgossip.com & try prestage.com hell i'd love to have a 69 rs ss. i could not afford one when i graduated from hs, because of insurance so i bought a showroom floor dodge demon 340 wedge. hell i iwsh i still had that car
only one bite on the sanger so far. i started stripping the old paint just in case it don't sell. that way i'll have a head start on trying to get it ready for the summer.

vdrivenman
10-22-2002, 06:02 PM
K3RR,
super chevy would or yenko would be a good place to start.
there is a local web site for the houston area ,lotta's kids and bullshit, but sum serious
racer and car fans. the classifieds are free list um there and c what happens. u never know !
hotrodgossip.com & try prestage.com hell i'd love to have a 69 rs ss. i could not afford one when i graduated from hs, because of insurance so i bought a showroom floor dodge demon 340 wedge. hell i iwsh i still had that car
only one bite on the sanger so far. i started stripping the old paint just in case it don't sell. that way i'll have a head start on trying to get it ready for the summer.

Alcoleholic
10-23-2002, 07:59 PM
K3-River-Rat:
I'm wanting to get hooked up with some reliable contacts that deal mainly in Chevy Muscle Cars :) I have a few rare Chevys I would like to sell, but living out in the cornfields of the midwest nobody even knows these cars exsist :confused: I'm wanting something at least close to the current market value. These are the "real deal" NOT clones or look alikes wink These are cars that were investments that I purchased over the years and I would like to get a little extra cash together for a new project I have in mind :D One of the cars in particular I'm looking to let go is a 1969 Camaro RS (hide away headlights) SS X11 code factory hugger orange paint with the black racing stripes, black top, black and white houndstooth interior, woodgrain dash & console package, ralley wheels etc. with 79,000 original miles on the odometer eek! Other cars include: another 69 Camaro SS X11 code, 70 Nova RS fact.red paint black int.with original owners manual and protect-o-plate, 72 Nova SS 4spd car, new GM parts from ground up, 74 Camaro Z28 #s matching high perf.350 M21 4spd 3:73 posi all fact.stock with 52,000 original miles.car is white with black stripes and black int. This was "Sports Car" of the year in 1974. Have some of the articles and documentation. I am willing to trailer the cars to other states if need be as long as I will be paid fair market value by the purchaser wink Any help would be appreciated :) I'm sure you'll tell W.J. how to build a Pro Stock car, John Force how to win a championship and Scotty Cannon how to drive a Blown alcohol door SLAMMER!!!!

K3-River-Rat
10-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Alcoleholic :
I'm sure you'll tell W.J. how to build a Pro Stock car, John Force how to win a championship and Scotty Cannon how to drive a Blown alcohol door SLAMMER!!!!WELL Alcoleholic, I've watched Warren Johnson kick ass on the track for years and John Force is one of my all time favorites he "IS" the man! :cool: I "DO" build and HAVE dragrace cars that I own but on a "much" smaller scale ;)I wouldn't know where to begin as far as building a pro-stock funny car or a top-fuel funny car and will be the FIRST to admit it wink Also, I don't have the "millions" of dollars of "free" sponsorship money to throw away on experimental testing to try to set some sort of new record :rolleyes: Just because you got your "panties" in a wad over the WCC deal over on the bench racing forum doesn't mean you have to run all over the Hot Boat web site and post some sort of ignorant remark that I think I know how to do it all :rolleyes: YES, I have talent and I KNOW it :D Has my custom work won a lot of trophies?? You bet your ASS it has and I'm Damn PROUD to have been gifted with this talent :cool: Do I claim to know how to do EVERYTHING and do it better than the pros themselves? :confused: **** NO I DON'T :rolleyes: But ya know I "DO" have ideas for things that I have not built yet and to this point in history "NOBODY" has!! Maybe I "WILL" be the first to put SOMETHING out there?? Who knows?? All I know is I have made one HELL of a lot of cusomers "extremely" HAPPY by creating them a "ONE OF A KIND" vehicle with MY OWN TWO HANDS!!! THANK YOU

Alcoleholic
10-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Panties in a wad????? I bet your now going to tell Victory Secret how to make and model those too...Dude I'm just playin'with you. Peace..

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 05:05 PM
Alcoleholic:
Panties in a wad????? I bet your now going to tell Victory Secret how to make and model those too...Dude I'm just playin'with you. Peace..Well ya know, I wouldn't mind telling Victoria's secret that I "know" how to pick the best models for the job and they "need" me to do all the hiring of the models and all they have to do is sit me at the side of the runway and have each model wanting a job put on some of Victoria's apparel and attempt to "convince" me that they are the "right" model for the job :D :D :D :D WHAT DO YA THINK???

SUI-CY-COLE
10-24-2002, 07:22 PM
well...the ole' alcoleholic might not be the best..but we built a car and ran it in the wcpma. and we ran 6's in a blown doorslammer,,at leagl west coast weight,,actually,,6.76.@ 209 with a iron block in a 2800 lb,,car,,and he did do a LOT of fabricating for me......hopefully he will help with the the new chopper im building now....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.cuz here at the shop we dont use "stock" harley frames.regardless..who painting the engine cases first,hahahahaha...1970's,hahahahahaha

blownschiada
10-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Lets see it SUI-CY-COLE :cool: Got some pics?

SUI-CY-COLE
10-24-2002, 07:39 PM
hey blown....i dont have any pics,,but if you have the newest national dragster the guy that bought it from me is selling it...it is a full fiberglass 1956 chevy,,its in the back of the dragster in the chevy classifieds...with a phone number with a 530 prefix.....

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 10:17 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
well...the ole' alcoleholic might not be the best..but we built a car and ran it in the wcpma. and we ran 6's in a blown doorslammer,,at leagl west coast weight,,actually,,6.76.@ 209 with a iron block in a 2800 lb,,car,,and he did do a LOT of fabricating for me......hopefully he will help with the the new chopper im building now....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.cuz here at the shop we dont use "stock" harley frames.regardless..who painting the engine cases first,hahahahaha...1970's,hahahahahahaHey SUI-CY-COLE,The dragcar you guys built sounds "very" impressive wink When I first started customizing my 84 Softail was back in 86 and at that time they really weren't making any aftermarket frames yet. At least we didn't know of any here in the midwest :confused: California has "always" been the place for "new" and improved custom things to hit the mainstream wink I "almost" moved out there to Sacramento in 1984.I had one hell of a good job offer from a body shop when I was out there on an extended vacation and showed the shop owner some of what I could do. But I was divorced and had a small son here at the time and just couldn't leave him :confused: I'm sure I would have done quite well out there on the west coast wink Anyhow I almost regret welding, grinding and chroming my stock frame on my 84 Softail after learning that this particular bike I have is one of the first 500 Softails Harley produced :( It has a Shovelhead tranmission,motor oiling system and the "dry" Shovel clutch set-up on it. Sometimes it really pisses me off that hind-site is always 20 20 :mad: What do ya do? TOO LATE :confused:

SUI-CY-COLE
10-25-2002, 08:17 AM
hey river rat....i understand completely..i remmber back in the day to fix up a car all you had to do was put a set of rally rims on it and some raised letter tires....now if you aint got 5,000 dollar rims on your car your unnoticed.and so on and so on.so back then doing that definitly was the hot lick set-up!!

FlyingV
10-25-2002, 08:58 AM
Damb k3, you talk way too much, I bet your motto is, "let me make a short story long." You don't have to justify every little thing, do you? I'm sure you are good at what you do, at least you will tell us that. My guess is you are bald and have ulsers. Relax! It's all good. :cool:

FLYTE RISK
10-25-2002, 01:42 PM
SUI-CY-COLE:
hey blown....i dont have any pics,,but if you have the newest national dragster the guy that bought it from me is selling it...it is a full fiberglass 1956 chevy,,its in the back of the dragster in the chevy classifieds...with a phone number with a 530 prefix.....Blown schiada I have seen the car run to fast for me.. They also have built a chromemolly tube frame 66 nova with a 572 nitrous motor sheetmetal doms. etc.. Hopefully that motor will be in my flat at camp far new years day.. with the bottles :D :D

K3-River-Rat
10-27-2002, 07:11 AM
FlyingV:
Damb k3, you talk way too much, I bet your motto is, "let me make a short story long." You don't have to justify every little thing, do you? I'm sure you are good at what you do, at least you will tell us that. My guess is you are bald and have ulsers. Relax! It's all good. :cool: Hey V, I realize I sometimes have a habbit of getting carried away "justifying" (as you put it) some things but I think you would understand why I have a habbit of doing this if you were to meet some of the idiots I have had to deal with! :rolleyes: Some of them have an IQ of a box of rocks! :D You are almost half right on the other issues wink I haven't had an ulcer since I divorced my last wife and I am thankful that I still have all my hair since I have light blonde hair and blonde guys are usually bald before they hit 30!! :D :D