PDA

View Full Version : We finally launched the site

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 01:23 PM
The site is now up and running. It is still in its trial and error stages so let me know what you think, and how we can improve it. We will be adding a ton of new products almost daily. The site is www.ampedupaudio.com. The discount code for hot boaters is HB0107. Thanks to everyone that checks it out. If you dont see something you want PM me and I will get you a price. We can get almost any items you want.
Thanks again,
Jeremy

dumbandyoung
01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
looks good!:D

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks Dumbandyoung. How is the boat shopping going. Narrowed it down yet? So many good deals right now that it makes it more cunfusing on what you want.:confused:

dumbandyoung
01-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Exactly right! I just went and looked at an 26' DCB with 800ho teague for 80k on my lunch break today. There is sooo much to choose from I cant decide. Plus my parents are co-signing the loan so its even harder with them throwing their 2 cents in all the time. they think I should get a deck boat. :confused: Im buying used for sure! pretty sure I narrowed it down eliminator, dcb, or magic with mild power to keep insurance costs down.

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I would go with the Magic. The decks are so much more fun when you are doing a river or cove float, and they handle the chop well. Modest power and huge stereo right!:D I know a guy that knows a guy if you need the stereo hook up.:D

dumbandyoung
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Really??!?!?!....you know a guy? :D
Yah the decks are cool, but I love having a nice closed bow to lay out and relax on. We'll see. i went and looked at a few boats over the weekend. Im in no hurry. I dont think that boat sales are gonna go up that much. So the guys trying to sell theirs will drop the price even more. Boating season isnt for 4 months from now so Ive got time. If i was buying a new one id buy right now, so it would be done in time;)

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
4 months:( I cant wait until it is warmer. I am sick of this winter crap! Good luck, and take your time. No impulse purchases that you will regret.

dumbandyoung
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
yah i almost made an impulse purchase.. woah!... im glad i slowed down:D
Good luck on the website! I will tell 10 friends:D

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks for spreading the word, and we will match prices if you find things cheaper, if we are able to. We wont match ebay though. ;)

Cole Sanger
01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I just had a couple of suggestions for the site. It looks good so far, but it needs some better search items. For example, how crutchfield.com is able to sort and exclude items. I like how they let you say you want a 2 ohm stable amp with 2 channels and how much power. The thing they lack is good products for the most part. I like cardomain.com for good products, or hard to find parts. For example they sell 1/0 gauge wire by the foot, the fuses to go with it, and good distribution blocks with volt meters built in. The standard power kits for cars usually don't work for boats because they only come with a couple of feet of ground cable. Most of the time, the batteries and amps are far away from each other and this just won't work. Cardomain also has the Peripheral products; my favorite is the rca in/out gain level (PRC1). Makes it real easy to turn down the tower speakers or whatever set I chose without having to go through the head unit setups. The Peripheral line also has a product that lets you mount a couple of IR eyes in different locations so you can control the head unit. So I guess I had a few site suggestions and product suggestions. Keep up the good work.

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Cole Sanger thanks for the input and all of those suggestions. We will be making improvements every day.

WET HULL
01-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Keep the comments coming.

Kim Hanson
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
The site is now up and running. It is still in its trial and error stages so let me know what you think, and how we can improve it. We will be adding a ton of new products almost daily. The site is www.ampedupaudio.com. The discount code for hot boaters is HB0107. Thanks to everyone that checks it out. If you dont see something you want PM me and I will get you a price. We can get almost any items you want.
Thanks again,
Jeremy
Do you have problems with shipping to Canada? I like to buy alot of stereo shit..........( . )( . ).............:)

dumbandyoung
01-16-2007, 09:36 PM
you know i was thinking....girls in bikinis might help too!:D

syke-o
01-17-2007, 09:38 AM
you know i was thinking....girls in bikinis might help too!:D
always makes a website better!!:D :D

WET HULL
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I will work on that.:D Maybe a clip of the seen with Howard Stern and Jenna Jameson on the subwoofer.:sqeyes:

WET HULL
01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I cant spell. Scene. How do you get the sigs and stuff on the post side of your screen? I cant figure it out. Like the Bouncing boob chick on dumbandyoung's

dumbandyoung
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
i like her too.:D i think you go to edit options or something in user cp.

dumbandyoung
01-17-2007, 07:59 PM
wait.. SCRATCH THAT!.. go to edit signature :confused:

WET HULL
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Mine does not have that option. I think my account is screwed up. Thanks

Kim Hanson
01-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I cant spell. Scene. How do you get the sigs and stuff on the post side of your screen? I cant figure it out. Like the Bouncing boob chick on dumbandyoung's
Okay, DO YOU SHIP TO CANADA :confused: that damn sig thing is a no brainer..........( . )( . )........usercp..edit..copy & paste :idea:

WET HULL
01-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes we can, but it would require special shipping arrangements. I am willing to find out for you, just let me know what part of Canada. It shouldnt be that big of a deal though.
My personal settings are all screwed up. I asked the webmaster to reset them for me. I can barely get my PM's right now. I will note how to do that, for when I am up and running again.

abraman1326
01-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Looking really good. My dad and I are redoing the stereo in our 37 Chevy, so I'll sit down w/ him in the next few weeks, and see what we need and give you a call...
BRA

WET HULL
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Thank you. I would really appreciate that.

dumbandyoung
01-18-2007, 11:37 AM
So whats up wet hull? Are you throwing a Whipple on the boat? What are your plans?

WET HULL
01-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I looks like I am going to go with a custom built 750-800hp blown motor, and sell my current one. I just have to pull the trigger. I might wait a year and see what the insurance market is going to do with the cats.

dumbandyoung
01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
dude insurance is a bitch. i asked a insurance guy for a qoute for 28 dcb with 800hp teague.... he laughed at me. he said imagine your wallet walked into la county jail and bent over to tie its own shoe. haha he told me stay under a 525.
who you gonna have build it? so you gotta swap out drives to huh?:D

WET HULL
01-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I will most likely end up with a 496 mag with headers, a solid 430hp, and call it a day. Wait thats whast I got know:D Well its cheaper.

WET HULL
01-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Bump:D !!

dumbandyoung
01-20-2007, 03:29 PM
theres:D a guy with a 540 that he pulled out of a cheetah. i think he wants a little over 5k for it.... that could be something to step up your boat.:D

nodigg
01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Fresh and CHEAP! 540 available.

WET HULL
01-20-2007, 06:07 PM
That actually sounds pretty good. Let me know more about it. Is it Nodigg's? If you are trying to send me a PM about it it is not working. My account is all jacked up. Give me all the details.

Kim Hanson
01-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes we can, but it would require special shipping arrangements. I am willing to find out for you, just let me know what part of Canada. It shouldnt be that big of a deal though.
My personal settings are all screwed up. I asked the webmaster to reset them for me. I can barely get my PM's right now. I will note how to do that, for when I am up and running again.
I live in Alberta and can you get SoundStream stuff or some kind of amp that is in the 4000 watts rms area ? I don't want cheap shit ;) .........( . )( . )........

Rexone
01-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Try it again now.

WET HULL
01-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for fixing that. It is working now.
Yes I can get soundstream, and an amp that big for you. How many channels do you want?

acatitude
01-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Exactly right! I just went and looked at an 26' DCB with 800ho teague for 80k on my lunch break today. There is sooo much to choose from I cant decide. Plus my parents are co-signing the loan so its even harder with them throwing their 2 cents in all the time. they think I should get a deck boat. :confused: Im buying used for sure! pretty sure I narrowed it down eliminator, dcb, or magic with mild power to keep insurance costs down.
and you havent looked at that awesome howard in spam?????

dumbandyoung
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
and you havent looked at that awesome howard in spam?????
dude i cant afford insurance on your boat. I wish I could. I love your boat. When you drop it to 60k ill be all over it:D ..or maybe you swap your motor for a 525. then i can buy it. quick thought:idea: How hard is it to get financing on a boat without a motor?

dumbandyoung
01-21-2007, 03:41 PM
That actually sounds pretty good. Let me know more about it. Is it Nodigg's? If you are trying to send me a PM about it it is not working. My account is all jacked up. Give me all the details.
hit up nodigg!

Kim Hanson
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for fixing that. It is working now.
Yes I can get soundstream, and an amp that big for you. How many channels do you want?
Class D Mono......( . )( . )...................:)

WET HULL
01-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I will get you some pricing asap.

Kim Hanson
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I will get you some pricing asap.
That would be great..........( . )( . ).........:)

WET HULL
01-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I might start putting together a couple boat show special packages from low end to extreme. Let me know what brands you would want to see most in these packages. They will be a killer deal.

boattunez
01-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Nice site WH - congrats! :cool:
Am new to the forum here myself. Have a major upgrade on my "hobby" boat I picked up on eBay of all places - a 2001 Larson SEI 226 open bow runabout. Not a big performance boat like a lot of guys here but fits the bill for family cruizin/towing/fun in the sun! Has a brand new 5.0L GXi in it and lotsa room - plus I practically stole it! So this winter it's new tunes, new vinyl, and new graphics to make it one of a kind and ready for play this summer!
Congrats and best of luck w/ the site!

WET HULL
01-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you. Let me know if you need anything. I take care of ***boat members, and good luck with the new sled.

Reaper1
02-05-2007, 09:10 AM
So, do you have an Avic D3 or are they not in stock yet?

WET HULL
02-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I will check for you.

WET HULL
02-05-2007, 04:06 PM
We dont have it yet. I will get you the available date once they let me know.

Reaper1
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks!

beyondhelpin
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Just a few suggestions. You need to make better use of the center of the screen. When I clicked on cd recievers I get reasons why I need a new reciever great big right in the middle. To the right another prominent place is specific model search but to browse your different brand of recievers it is small and low to the left. The first time I clicked on your sight I did not have the model number I needed so did not see where to browse them. Shook my head and went back to surfing ***boat.
I would think most people who click on a stereo sales sight already know they need a new head unit or whatever and the are just looking at what you have avaliable and prices. Remember there are hundreds of stereo sites out there and if the basic dumbass (such as myself) does not see what how to view you inventory we are moving on. I had already been looking at bunch of sites before yours and maybe a bit tired but I did not see how to look at your selection of units right of the bat. Make your inventory up front and center to make browsing easier! That is what we come to you sight for. This setup is on your head units and speakers which I would think would be your main sales. IMHO
Dont mean to be a d##k but business is business. I am not a friend of yours so I wont pump sunshine. Dont think that is what you were looking for anyway. I am someone who is activly looking for equipment and need honest info and good selections. I realy like the offer to match other ligitimate prices. Why loose a sale to some other web site. Match prices and make the sale. Remember there are a ton of sites just like yours out there.
One more thing you could do that most sites are not doing is Ipod info hookup info. I have been looking for a week on various set ups for my vehicles and boat. I am still confused on what works seamlessly. See my thread in the Sandbar for "Let Talk IPOD" I want for my boat a new headunit and transom control which has full (not partial or slow) control of an IPOD. I also want the head unit and transom control to read out all info on whats playing search and playlist. If I shelling out the bones for new equipment I want to know exactly what it is capable of.
Congratulations and good luck on your new site!

WET HULL
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for those words. That will be noted and definetly worked on. This is the kind of info I am looking for. When you get every thing figured out let me know and I will get you taken care of. Send me a pm and we can go from there. Thanks for taking the time to really check it out.

h2oski2fast
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm looking for a Sony CDX-GT510 and a black Access Technology/CPS remote. Hit me up with a price.
Thanks

beyondhelpin
02-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks for those words. That will be noted and definetly worked on. This is the kind of info I am looking for. When you get every thing figured out let me know and I will get you taken care of. Send me a pm and we can go from there. Thanks for taking the time to really check it out.
No problem. Thanks for the offer. Might just take you up on it!

WET HULL
06-18-2007, 09:46 PM
We still have it, but my other buisness is keeping me way to busy at the moment to maintain it properly. If you still need anything, I can get most everything for you at a pretty decent discount. Thanks for wondering.:D

HitIt
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
We still have it
No you dont. It is "parked" as of right now.