PDA

View Full Version : Dilligaf, what happened to the who's gonna win more games this year in your sig?

skygod73
01-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Alright Laker fans, I propose if Dilligaf if allowed to drop the who wins more games this year with the current team records than he must proclaim in his sig that "The Lakers are better than the Clippers this year" like a badge of shame.:) If the Clipps had a better record than us I bet we would be hearing it everday and his sig would still be there. It's kinda like welching on a bet with the Laker fans if you ask me. I think he owe's it to the Laker fans he bet with at the start of the season. I'm calling him on it for those guys. What do you think?:D

Jyruiz
01-16-2007, 02:52 PM
So far, the Lakers are the better team this year and everybody knows it, so no need to add fuel to the fire. I am sure Dilligaf is not that worried about it, he just likes to stir the pot when ever he can.

skygod73
01-16-2007, 03:18 PM
So far, the Lakers are the better team this year and everybody knows it, so no need to add fuel to the fire. I am sure Dilligaf is not that worried about it, he just likes to stir the pot when ever he can.
I agree, but if the records were reversed we would be reading daily Laker bashing threads.

dmontzsta
01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I think it speaks volumes, with him dropping it off his sig. It is almost like throwing up the white flag and admitting that the clippers will not have a better records this year, in fact...they will not even make the playoffs. They have the talent, but they suck and I do not see it getting any better.
Personally, I think teams just take them more serious now. Last year they did well cause people still thought it was just the clippers, now they smack them around. They would do well in the Eastern Conference, but there is just too much talent in the West for them.
The Lakers are winning games without 3 starters.
Get ready for some serious Laker ball after the All Star break. The thing that sucks is Odom and Brown have been out and that is time that they could of had to click. Also, if PJ agrees to more time, look for this team to really be tough next year and the following year, I am talking contender tough, they have been playing together for over 1 year now.

Jyruiz
01-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Personally, I think teams just take them more serious now. Last year they did well cause people still thought it was just the clippers, now they smack them around. They would do well in the Eastern Conference, but there is just too much talent in the West for them.
I think this is a big part of it. The Clipps got over confident because of what they did last season, even bought into all the media hype that LA was their town now. Well, this put a big target on their backs and teams no longer take them or any player on the Clipps lightly. This is also another reason why most of the players numbers are down this season. Hopefully the Clipps heads will shrink back down to normal size before it is to late.

skygod73
01-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Yep, the sky is the limit for us. The next few years are gonna be exciting! I think Mitch has done a great job, and I had my doubts about him. When the rings start coming again, it's gonna be sweet watching so many haters eat crow locally and nationally!!!
Dilligaf, I'm just ribbing ya. I just searched some of your recent Laker posts that I missed admitting the Lakers were better this year and that says alot.:)
I still think you would be giving LF's hell if the records were reversed.:D

dmontzsta
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I think this is a big part of it. The Clipps got over confident because of what they did last season, even bought into all the media hype that LA was their town now. Well, this put a big target on their backs and teams no longer take them or any player on the Clipps lightly. This is also another reason why most of the players numbers are down this season. Hopefully the Clipps heads will shrink back down to normal size before it is to late.
Doesn't it seem like the Lakers are light years ahead in terms of talent though? When I sit back and think about it (records aside) they clearly have a much deeper team. Remember it was said at the beginning of the season that the Lakers had a deeper team, but good ole DILF argued that. It really shows now, with the Lakers going 14 deep.
Also, how about Kobe? I think we have seen a new Kobe a much more mature Kobe. I know people have had their opinions about him in the past, but this is a new, much happier Kobe. The Lakers need to be concerned with locking Phil up for a few more years and securing their current players who might be coming to the end of their contract (Walton, etc...).

Jyruiz
01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Doesn't it seem like the Lakers are light years ahead in terms of talent though? When I sit back and think about it (records aside) they clearly have a much deeper team. Remember it was said at the beginning of the season that the Lakers had a deeper team, but good ole DILF argued that. It really shows now, with the Lakers going 14 deep.
Also, how about Kobe? I think we have seen a new Kobe a much more mature Kobe. I know people have had their opinions about him in the past, but this is a new, much happier Kobe. The Lakers need to be concerned with locking Phil up for a few more years and securing their current players who might be coming to the end of their contract (Walton, etc...).
I think the Lakers do want to lock up Phil, but Phil is waiting to see how this season is going to go before he signs. If he sees improvement (which has already happened) and the team growing the way they are, he will be back. The Lakers could well be the 4th best team in the league right now, I know their record shows that, but I am not totally sold yet. Once they start beating the bad teams, specially on the road, like they are suppose to, I will put them in the elite class. Even then, I don't see them contending yet till next year, if they keep growing at this pace. I give them two more years before they are back in the Finals.

dmontzsta
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I think the Lakers do want to lock up Phil, but Phil is waiting to see how this season is going to go before he signs. If he sees improvement (which has already happened) and the team growing the way they are, he will be back. The Lakers could well be the 4th best team in the league right now, I know their record shows that, but I am not totally sold yet. Once they start beating the bad teams, specially on the road, like they are suppose to, I will put them in the elite class. Even then, I don't see them contending yet till next year, if they keep growing at this pace. I give them two more years before they are back in the Finals.
Well said and I agree.
Kobe is now enjoying his teammates playing good ball. How about Cook and Parker last night? The Lakers have players that are had to deal with Cook and Odom being the biggest two.

DILLIGAF
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Alright Laker fans, I propose if Dilligaf if allowed to drop the who wins more games this year with the current team records than he must proclaim in his sig that "The Lakers are better than the Clippers this year" like a badge of shame.:) If the Clipps had a better record than us I bet we would be hearing it everday and his sig would still be there. It's kinda like welching on a bet with the Laker fans if you ask me. I think he owe's it to the Laker fans he bet with at the start of the season. I'm calling him on it for those guys. What do you think?:D
First of all nobody except Game Time and Playa Playa took the bet. They were double or nothing bets. I can't lose as they already owe me. One is steak/lobster and the other is a 30 pack.
Second of all I explained myself already.
Third of all....the sig line had nothing to do with the bet and the Lakers were/are kicking the Clippers ass so whats the point?
Fourth...I never welched on a bet in my life...
Fifth....Who are you again?
lol
:)

DILLIGAF
01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I think it speaks volumes, with him dropping it off his sig. It is almost like throwing up the white flag and admitting that the clippers will not have a better records this year, in fact...they will not even make the playoffs. They have the talent, but they suck and I do not see it getting any better.
The Lakers are winning games without 3 starters.
Get ready for some serious Laker ball after the All Star break. The thing that sucks is Odom and Brown have been out and that is time that they could of had to click. Also, if PJ agrees to more time, look for this team to really be tough next year and the following year, I am talking contender tough, they have been playing together for over 1 year now.
I gave credit where credit is due.....Nothing more and nothing less. Shit Don, I explained it to you one day directly. What more do you want?

DILLIGAF
01-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I just searched some of your recent Laker posts that I missed admitting the Lakers were better this year and that says alot.:)
I still think you would be giving LF's hell if the records were reversed.:D
If they fired at me of course I would. I can be a ruthless mofo when warranted. That being said the most important thing I found out is that I am here alone as a Clippers fan. That, I am sure of now.
It's all good.....

dmontzsta
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
If they fired at me of course I would. I can be a ruthless mofo when warranted. That being said the most important thing I found out is that I am here alone as a Clippers fan. That, I am sure of now.
It's all good.....
What happened to Bob anyways? It was fun with another clipper lover in the house. :)

DILLIGAF
01-16-2007, 07:51 PM
What happened to Bob anyways? It was fun with another clipper lover in the house. :)
He was a true fan. He isn't posting much at all anymore. He does scan the first or send page from time to time but I think he just got sick of the silly shit going on all the time.

skygod73
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
First of all nobody except Game Time and Playa Playa took the bet. They were double or nothing bets. I can't lose as they already owe me. One is steak/lobster and the other is a 30 pack.
Second of all I explained myself already.
Third of all....the sig line had nothing to do with the bet and the Lakers were/are kicking the Clippers ass so whats the point?
Fourth...I never welched on a bet in my life...
Fifth....Who are you again?
lol
:)
I mostly lurk till something interesting comes along. I don't have a DCB, Rhino, run it hard in Beaumont, use the shocker, swing, or have a high enough post count to be in the cool crowd.:jawdrop: I am just bustin your chops cause your sig dissapeared when it got ugly for the Clipps this year.:)
I do wish the Clipps were a little better since it's more entertaining to read the F the Lakers and whose better threads.

DILLIGAF
01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
I mostly lurk till something interesting comes along. I don't have a DCB, Rhino, run it hard in Beaumont, use the shocker, swing, or have a high enough post count to be in the cool crowd.:jawdrop: I am just bustin your chops cause your sig dissapeared when it got ugly for the Clipps this year.:)
I do wish the Clipps were a little better since it's more entertaining to read the F the Lakers and whose better threads.
Well, me either....lol
Ya, they used to add some color to the boards but to tell you the truth it was just getting old basically. Plus the fact I was starting to feel battle fatigued :)
As I am typing this I am thinking of that thread that somebody started about how many 5 year olds can you take out in a gym before they take you down...lol As a matter of fact I am going to start a thread to try to find that one again. One of the funniest things I have ever read.

skygod73
01-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Health permitting there is no way Phil walks with the future so bright. I think it means a great deal to him to pass RA with the 10th ring. I also feel Phil/Kobe have developed a bond and they would enjoy winning a ring w/out Shaq, especially in light of his recent jabs at Phil. My guess is if Bynum and Farmar keep improving we could be in the Finals next year, more likely 2. They gotta keep Luke also.