PDA

View Full Version : hey boatcop

ibelio
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
on page 109 of the new ***boat mag is a pic of a deck boat with two girls up front. is it legal to sit there? thanks

ratso
01-16-2007, 04:20 PM
on page 109 of the new ***boat mag is a pic of a deck boat with two girls up front. is it legal to sit there? thanks
***boat has a mag???:jawdrop:

Boatcop
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I'd have to see the configuration of the boat, and whether it's moving.
Generally, no one can be on the bow of a boat above wakeless speed, unless there are seats in place designed for the use of passengers "at all speeds".
The front deck of a deck or pontoon boat is considered a "bow" for this purpose.

JB in so cal
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd have to see the configuration of the boat, and whether it's moving.
Generally, no one can be on the bow of a boat above wakeless speed, unless there are seats in place designed for the use of passengers "at all speeds".
The front deck of a deck or pontoon boat is considered a "bow" for this purpose.
I know the dogs are in violation LOL, but what about the area just aft of the slotted bow platform??
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2271dogsinbow.JPG

ibelio
01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
the boat is definitly moving 30 plus wish i could post a pic for you

Boatcop
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
JB,
I would think that the seats on your Magic, and similar seats on the Conquest, would be OK.

JB in so cal
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
the boat is definitly moving 30 plus wish i could post a pic for you
Is it an Advantage Deck? They have molded-in reclining seats in the bow.

JB in so cal
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
JB,
I would think that the seats on your Magic, and similar seats on the Conquest, would be OK.
I'm more concerned with this scenario:
Pulling away from a beach prior to going on plane - totally at idle but moving forward; wifey up front using the wash-down set up on the front step, but standing "inside" of the boat. How far forward can she be and still not earn a visit from one of your associates?

Boatcop
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
It's unsafe, and hence illegal to ride in the bow seats in the Advantage Party Cat. (blue, in the picture below)
I believe there's a decal that warns passengers about riding up there, but I could be wrong.
http://www.advantageboats.com/image/34pc3.jpg

Boatcop
01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm more concerned with this scenario:
Pulling away from a beach prior to going on plane - totally at idle but moving forward; wifey up front using the wash-down set up on the front step, but standing "inside" of the boat. How far forward can she be and still not earn a visit from one of your associates?
The laws apply to a boat "above wakeless speed". If someone was up there tending lines, wash down, etc at idle, I don't see a problem.
The only time I stop and educate boaters with people on the bow, at idle, is when there's a danger of them falling or sliding off. Like people on the front with their legs dangling in the water.

JB in so cal
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
The laws apply to a boat "above wakeless speed". If someone was up there tending lines, wash down, etc at idle, I don't see a problem.
The only time I stop and educate boaters with people on the bow, at idle, is when there's a danger of them falling or sliding off. Like people on the front with their legs dangling in the water.
Thanks a bunch. A friend of ours was stopped by San Berdoo doing that exact thing - just a warning, but still...:rolleyes:

riverroyal
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I was pulled over as mrs RR was washing sand off the front,right where JBs dogs are in his picture.It was a warning,and typical cop(not boatcop) on the water,he was less than pleasant

JB in so cal
01-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I was pulled over as mrs RR was washing sand off the front,right where JBs dogs are in his picture.It was a warning,and typical cop(not boatcop) on the water,he was less than pleasant
Thought you might figure that one out.

riverroyal
01-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Thought you might figure that one out.
fricken jeanous