PDA

View Full Version : My first V DRIVE !!!! It is sooo sweet...Aquacraft

WVspeedfreak
01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Well I started looking a few weeks ago, and I just made a downpayment on my first Vdrive...boy is it sweet. I pick it up next weekend...I feel like a little kid on Christmas... 800 hp, 9.1 comp. 871 on a 468 with dual 4500 1050's, square port,ported edelbrock aluminum heads, 10 quart milidon pan,reward ceramic headers casale 25% menkins 2 blade ...15 pitch, detuned to run mid 90's on 12 lbs. 107 0n radar on race gas and 15 psi. 60 hrs on boat since rebuilt and rerigged COME on warm weather!!!!!!!!! Here are pics.....

Roaddogg 4040
01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Sweet ride... Does it come with that Driver?????:)
Steve

wfoflat
01-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Very nice boat!! Good luck with it and have fun! Do you have any specs on the motor? how fast?

Bobbo541
01-16-2007, 06:21 PM
It helps if you rotate you pics before you load them so we dont have to hurt ourselves trying to look at them. :D

GofastRacer
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Nice ride congrats!..:cool:

Daytona100
01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I have a scoop like that ifor sale jf anyones interested.

JakeC.
01-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Thats the way that boat advertizment should be, then boat sales would go way up. If olnly they came with the boat. Anyway nice ride.

watergun4u
01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Jake C. Nice boat in your avatar. I took that pic. It was a good buddy of mine. did you guys get it running yet?

QuickJet
01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22158&d=1168998933
Nice...both look like fun to be in for the afternoon :D

whitenuckled
01-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Congratulations on your purchase. It's a nice looking boat. There's nothing better than the feel of a V-drive. I remember when I had my first boat. It was a Jet-boat. Then I got in my buddies V-drive and I was hooked. Immediately wanted to sell the jet boat for a V-drive. Once you're hooked you're hooked for good. Isn't that right Mike?

sangervdrive
01-17-2007, 08:50 AM
God damn those two look good.

VDRIVERACING
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
That's a nice setup!!! Some thoughts:
1. Keep the girl.
2. Move that cable/hose that's laying on the port side header.
3. Please take your time to learn how this rocket handles. If you're gonna go fast, wear a helmet, Lifeline jacket, and ballistic shorts. Many threads have been posted by those thankful they did, and those who will never go without again.
4. If you wanta run in a race condition, the APBA has a Nostalgia class where you "run what ya brung." Top speed 80 MPH and it's a blast.
5. Welcome to the addiction! Vdrive boats enable us to leave our cares behind.

Sangster
01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
She sure is Purdy........
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22158&d=1168998933

WVspeedfreak
01-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I have owned around ten boats. 3 checkmates with outboards....one of them being a 20 footer with a built 235. A checkmate with a souped up smallblock, A small sea ray that orig. had a 140 mercruiser that I took out and instaled my spare roundy round car engine (500 hp 355). I still own this boat. I also own a 43 ' nautaline houseboat. My family owns a yacht club here in WV on the Ohio river, so we spend a lot of time on the water. Nobody in a hundred miles has a v drive...and I'm tired of getting beat in my I/O boats by the outboard, and jet guys. I figured there was only one solution....get a v drive! I'm going to name the boat " FOOL THROTTLE "

JakeC.
01-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Jake C. Nice boat in your avatar. I took that pic. It was a good buddy of mine. did you guys get it running yet?
Not yet, we had as couple of set backs. Like the transom was about to ripp off of the boat, and was doctard up with bondo and painted over. But that is all fixed now. The block is at the machine shop right now. We hope to have it ready for this season. Did garry ever get his new haul yet?

Jetboatguru
01-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Not yet, we had as couple of set backs. Like the transom was about to ripp off of the boat, and was doctard up with bondo and painted over. But that is all fixed now. The block is at the machine shop right now. We hope to have it ready for this season. Did garry ever get his new haul yet?
Wassup Jake C! Gettin away from the Circles to Dragboats? Its usually the other way around. Nice lookin boat!

JakeC.
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Wassup Jake C! Gettin away from the Circles to Dragboats? Its usually the other way around. Nice lookin boat!
Hey how you doing tony. Im not getting away from the circles. I just havnt been around them that much since I havnt been racing with pat. we picked up the cole and are slowly putting it together with a lot of the parts from the crashed boat. I am looking to getting a circle boat and building a pro stock. i would actually like to do a little of both drag and cirlce racing, take a page out of you book.

shirkey4750
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Speedfreak, you bringing that thing back to Anna? Bring it down to Charleston and play with us some weekend. Nice looking boat.

Jetboatguru
01-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Thats cool Jake. It's definitely fun and it keeps you busy. If you need help with that project (parts props etc.) let me know.
Tony

JakeC.
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
thanks tony, I apreciat it. im ganna try and make some more races this year, so ill see ya around.

Jetboatguru
01-17-2007, 07:42 PM
thanks tony, I apreciat it. im ganna try and make some more races this year, so ill see ya around.
Just look for the pit with the Portly, sweater wearing Santa with a severe tuck under. Find him and you will find us!:D

JakeC.
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Just look for the pit with the Portly, sweater wearing Santa with a severe tuck under. Find him and you will find us!:D
come on man thats just wrong, im just getting that immage out of my head and now its going to the races to. what is he your mascott now or are you just trying to scare off the compition with by having him lay on other peaples boats. thats just sick. well see you and the "sweater wearing Santa with a severe tuck under" at the races.

WVspeedfreak
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm bring her home here to moundsville saturday shirkey. I will def. bring it down to play with you guys for a weekend, or maybe we all can met up at one of the sternwheel festivals...like maybe in Marietta. In late sept. we have vintage hydro races right up the river from me in Wheeling. Maybe you guys could come up here for that.

Rattle Can Lou
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
come on man thats just wrong, im just getting that immage out of my head and now its going to the races to. what is he your mascott now or are you just trying to scare off the compition with by having him lay on other peaples boats. thats just sick. well see you and the "sweater wearing Santa with a severe tuck under" at the races.
Hey ya coupla butt rangers...knock it off. I got feelings too ya know. It's not all about you!

Schiada Time
01-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Take your time learning your new boat. That is a lot of motor in a small package and a V-drive flatty is a whole new animal to drive. Respect its power and learn the boat before you mash it. The boat will tell you what it likes-plate position, tail lift, bow steer, etc. will all enter into the equation and you will have to learn how to work the pedals to get the boat to ride and perform the best for all conditions. I have a '22 Schiada V-drive and eventhough not a flatty it is a whole different boat from my old jet. When money allows I am trying to talk the wife into letting me start on a Sanger flat project. Good luck with your new boat!
Schiada Time

napabob
01-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Very nice boat!
Working on my v-drive project.

shirkey4750
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
We used to go to the races when they were in New Martinsville years ago, didn't know that they still had them. We used to boat in the Ravenswood pool a lot, still do some. I'm sure we will all meet up somewhere. Be careful with that flatty, they can be a handful. Just stay on that down pedal too you get the hang of it.

JakeC.
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey ya coupla butt rangers...knock it off. I got feelings too ya know. It's not all about you!
Sorry santa or rlc or whaterver it is today. it is just a hard image to cope with. anyways sorry I hert your feeling.

FlatStupid
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey ya coupla butt rangers...knock it off. I got feelings too ya know. It's not all about you!Really Chief you've had more camera shots than Brittany Spears in the last 2 weeks!:jawdrop:

Running_on_Empty
01-18-2007, 11:26 PM
thats a nice blower on the boat....lolhaha and the engine is nice too

WVspeedfreak
01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Well I'm getting my truck ready to go pick the boat up tomorrow morning. The fellow I'm buying the boat from is a super nice guy, he is driving 3 hours to meet me halfway. He says the boat was recently photographed by ***boat magazine (the pics with the chicks), and will be featured in an upcoming issue. The only thing I need now is some warm weather to get to know my new beast.

watergun4u
01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. It's a nice looking boat. There's nothing better than the feel of a V-drive. I remember when I had my first boat. It was a Jet-boat. Then I got in my buddies V-drive and I was hooked. Immediately wanted to sell the jet boat for a V-drive. Once you're hooked you're hooked for good. Isn't that right Mike?
hey chad, nice boat you got there, love those howards they are a sweet boat, and i know that the one you got hauls a&&, as a matter of fact i would say that 99% of the stainless nuts and bolts in that boat are mine, i helped the guy you got it from build it, and he didnt have the bolts to do it so i did being a boat builder, gave him what he needed,, now i here you have it all tore down again, what ya doing?,, by the way i am sure by now you are wondering who this is, lol its Tye i meet you at the races at ming , when big jim was running his kirtis, i was there with gary!, any way enjoy and be safe! tye

watergun4u
01-19-2007, 09:38 PM
WOW sorry to here that, i didnt know anything about that, i no the last race he ran it in , it ran some good numbers, well i guess i glad you found it and got it fixed, sure is a pretty boat, rossi did a great job, well hope to see you at the races! oh and yes gary got his new hull and has been slowly working on it, hope to have it ready for the season! thanks Tye:D

whitenuckled
01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey Tye, yeah I'm primering it today actually. Everything is out and getting ready to send off for chroming and powdercoating. Just trying to get it done for the season. The weather's gonna be here before I know it.
P.S. Thanks for the bolts.

WVspeedfreak
01-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know I drove all dang day....but it was worth it. I got the new boat home. John the seller was a pleasure to deal with. Hoping for a few warm days in the near future to try her out.

watergun4u
01-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey Tye, yeah I'm primering it today actually. Everything is out and getting ready to send off for chroming and powdercoating. Just trying to get it done for the season. The weather's gonna be here before I know it.
P.S. Thanks for the bolts.
yeah the time be floating well be here soon, ,,,looks like you got alot of work ahead of you, good luck,, oh and the bolts,no problem :D