PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember when

Not So Fast
01-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Now that we have freezing temps here in Havasu I really miss the old floor type furnaces. With todays houses you have to wait until the whole thing heats up in the morning versus being able to turn on the heater and stand over it to get toasty, REALLY MISS THAT. Does this make me old??:idea: NSF

Jordy
01-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Holy shit you're old!!! :D

Not So Fast
01-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Holy shit you're old!!! :D
I thought so damn it. NSF

TOBTEK
01-17-2007, 09:00 AM
mom and pops in laws new cabin up on Mt Shasta has the vents in the floor....very nice! They just needed to install heated floors under the tile as well...Burrrrrrr!

phebus
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Just crawl in the microwave oven for a minute. :D

73kona455
01-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Now that we have freezing temps here in Havasu I really miss the old floor type furnaces. With todays houses you have to wait until the whole thing heats up in the morning versus being able to turn on the heater and stand over it to get toasty, REALLY MISS THAT. Does this make me old??:idea: NSF
yep i remember them.. loved to stand over it and warm up.. just dont walk across it barefooted...:eek: leaves that nice waffle pattern burned on the bottom of your foot...:jawdrop:

centerhill condor
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
yep i remember them.. loved to stand over it and warm up.. just dont walk across it barefooted...:eek: leaves that nice waffle pattern burned on the bottom of your foot...:jawdrop:
he's been there...
with heat pumps the efficiency (thermal) drops off at about 35'F. There's just not much heat out there...also, its hard to tell people you're heating the house with 90'f air.
this too shall pass and you'll be once again braggin' 'bout how great it is way out west...with your hot boats and warm womenfolk.

andy01
01-17-2007, 11:02 AM
I was enjoying mine this morning....... .

SB
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I remember coming downstairs as little kid on Sat am to watch cartoons, and my little brother would be there, camped out on top of the heat vent, eating Apple Jacks. Since he was blocking off all the heat, the rest of the room was freezing.

Legal Chemistry
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Still enjoying mine... House built in 1928, drop in heaters... no insultation. Cold as a witches tit this morning!

AltarGirl
01-17-2007, 03:11 PM
My dad's old house had that. I would stand right on it to warm up my feet, & I'm not old so you're ok don't worry. :)

COELIMINATOR
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Most all the high end homes here in Colorado use furnaces. In floor heat in bathrooms.
Sam

2Driver
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Our current home was built in the 70's and had electric base heat in each room when we moved in. I kept one in the kids room and 2 in the living room for some reason I am not sure. However, they were all on the past few days. So much better than heat pumps but they do look old.