PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Froggy

SB
01-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Thought you would like to know your wisdom is being spread. I just got this email (I know you were a SEAL, but this is how it came through):
Sounds like Froggy understands the Geneva convention from a battlefield standpoint.
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: Fw: Marine response
In response to the news blurb about the Marine who put two rounds ("double tap") in a wounded insurgent's head in Fallujah, here's a response from a Marine:
"It's a safety issue, pure and simple. After assaulting through a target, we put a security round in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up "prisoners" and offering them a hot cup a joe, falafel, and a blanket. There's no time to dick around on the target. You clear the space, dump the chumps, and moveon.org.
Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists? Negative. Hey libs, worried about the defense budget? Well, it would be waste, fraud, and abuse for a Corpsman to expend one man-minute or a battle dressing on a terrorist. Its much cheaper to just spend the $.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ.
By the way, in our view, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are not prisoners, they are carcasses. Chopping off a civilian's head is another reason why these idiots are known as "unlawful combatants." It seems that most of the world's journalists have forgotten that fact.
Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked around the web, and many people get this concept, but there are some stragglers.
Here is your typical Marine sitrep (situation report): You just took fire from unlawful combatants (no uniform - breaking every Geneva Convention rule there is) shooting from a religious building attempting to use the sanctuary status of their position as protection. But you're in Fallujah now, and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you set the mosque on fire and you hose down the terrorists with small arms, launch some AT-4s (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and things quiet down. So you run over there, and find some tangos (bad guys) wounded and pretending to be dead. You are aware that suicide martyrdom is like really popular with these idiots, and they think taking some Marines with them would be really cool. So you can either risk your life and your fire team's lives by having them cover you while you bend down and search a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for some reason. Most of the time these are the guys with the grenade or vest made of explosives. Also, you don't know who or what is in the next room. You're already speaking English to the rest of your fire team or squad which lets the terrorist know you are there and you are his enemy. You are speaking loud because your hearing is poor from shooting people for several days. So you know that there are many other rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still alive in those rooms, they know that Americans are in the mosque. Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have this terrorist (that was just shooting at you from a mosque) playing possum. What do you do? You double tap his head, and you go to the next room, that's what!!!
What about the Geneva Convention and all that Law of Land Warfare stuff? What about it. Without even addressing the issues at hand, your first thought should be, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
Bear in mind that this tactic of double tapping a fallen terrorist is a perpetual mindset that is reinforced by experience on a minute by minute basis. Secondly, you are fighting an unlawful combatant in a Sanctuary, which is a double No-No on his part. Third, tactically you are in no position to take "prisoners" because there are more rooms to search and clear, and the behavior of said terrorist indicates that he is up to no good. No good in Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no good and the high end of no good are fundamentally the same .. Marines end up getting hurt or die. So there is no compelling reason for you to do anything but double tap this idiot and get on with the mission.
If you are a veteran, then everything I have just written is self evident. If you are not a veteran, then at least try to put yourself in the situation. Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow, there is only now. Right NOW. Have you ever lived in NOW for a week? It is really, really not easy. If you have never lived in NOW for longer than it takes to finish the big roller coaster at Six Flags, then shut your hole about putting Marines in jail for "War Crimes"."
Froggy OUT

Froggystyle
01-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't know who wrote that... but it could have been me for the sentiment.
I still don't understand it. I do know that our "security rounds" are not practiced anymore, and that would be reason enough for me to get out of the teams right there.
It makes all the sense in the world to make sure a mortally wounded enemy combatant is dead before searching his or other bodies for intel. Every single DA we practiced included them, and I can't imagine not doing it.
Great story...
I am glad I am not there. Seems funny to me that my drama today is getting flamed on ***boat, while my teammates are getting flamed an entirely different way over in Iraq right now...

rivergoer
01-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Semper Fidelis!!!!!!!!! Dont Question The Fawking Marines On What They Do Out There Unless Your Ready To Sack The Fawk Up And Take There Place.. If Not Shut The Fawk Up And Drink Your Shirly Temples...:d :d :d
Sgt Kean Usmc Active

Froggystyle
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Semper Fidelis!!!!!!!!! Dont Question The Fawking Marines On What They Do Out There Unless Your Ready To Sack The Fawk Up And Take There Place.. If Not Shut The Fawk Up And Drink Your Shirly Temples...:d :d :d
Sgt Kean Usmc Active
Geez... calm down dude.

SB
01-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Oops. Thought I read something similar when that "controversial" story came out a while back, but I couldn't remember where I read it.

Keith E. Sayre
01-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I am not a veteran so I can't say that I'm experienced in
any type of warfare or combat but I say this, if we put those kids in harms way, we owe them every conceivable
type of technology,firepower,airpower, a sufficient number
of reinforcements et c etc etc and when one of them
screws up, might we remember that a year ago, this kid
was pumping gas and going to high school. Maybe we should put as much effort into helping the kid that screws up as we do putting him in harms way.
Now I'm not saying that I don't agree with the above
post, in fact I agree with his logic 100%. While I don't
condone murder in or out of the war, I have a hard time
asking a kid to go fight a war for us and then handcuffing
him or putting him in jail if he goes a little overboard.
We put them there, we should bear the responsibility for
their actions.
God bless our people in uniform.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Big Warlock
01-17-2007, 04:51 PM
And I served in the first Desert Storm with the 2nd ACR as a 1LT promotable (XO). We took out the Republican Guards.
I agree with everything that is being said. I have a real problem with the persecution of American soldiers period. The politicians have tied their hands with a bunch of bullshiat "rules of engagement." I don't care what happens over there. Like Vegas, it should stay there.
We are so over exended at the moment. We are utilizing Guard units that were only to be called up in the event of National Emergency and danger. God knows we have screwed up so many lives and families over here for no reason!
Honestly, the solution is simple. Everytime one of our boys dies, we kill ten thousand of them. Period. Daisy cutters and carpet bombing. We know what villages they come from and such. They understand death in large numbers. You have to kill them all! They are all being brought up to want to kill you!!!! Believe me on this!
An end to prosecutions of any military personnel with relation to natives / non american incidents.
We take over the oil fields and start paying ourselves back the money we are pissing away over there. Give them 10% and keep 90% for ourselves and our allies. Cross over to where we are doing our business, you die.
I have lived 28 years outside of America. I know many of you think I am crazy on this, but this is really all (majority of the world) they understand. Our mindset is nothing like the rest of the world. We are 280 million people trying to deal with the other 6 billion that live on this planet. Time to be a super power.
I won't even try to go into their sick political situation. I would have a headache! :D

AZKC
01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I agree with both comments, yeah its not a game. Fockers are trying to kill the troops anyway they can. :devil:

BIGRRNU
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Lets put Big Warlock in charge of the NUKES!

XtrmWakeborder
01-17-2007, 09:31 PM
My best friend leaves tomorrow on a SEAL contract. Hes been training every day for a year and a half to achieve his childhood dream. I hope to god when hes over there that he doesn't have to think twice about taking the necessary precautions with these pieces of crap because of what might happen if he hesitates. Just that little hesitation could be very bad for him.....

voodoomedman
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
God Bless our Troops!!!!!!!!!