PDA

View Full Version : Lakers win in Texas

KineticoH20
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I haven't posted in awhile but how about them Lakers winning in San Antonio without Kwame and Lamar.

dmontzsta
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Dont forget one of the original starting 7'rs too...Chris Mihm (Keeping his name alive). :)
Very good win for the Lakers, being down 3 starting players. I was hoping they could get atleast one out of the back to backs, to get the first one is huge. If they can pull it off tomorrow night against Dallas, that is pretty phenomenal.
Facing San Antonio and Dallas on a back to back on the road is a test. Going 1-1 is good, going for 2-0 is better, and hey taking out NOK on Saturday and going 3-0 would be unbelievable considering how short handed they are.
GO LAKERS!

angry dad
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Go Lakers!!!

JetBoatRich
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Great, guess I won't watch the tape now:jawdrop:

dmontzsta
01-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Great, guess I won't watch the tape now:jawdrop:
You should know better. :D
I NEVER go online until I have watched it and TIVO is the best way to watch it. No commercials and no halftime. :D

Jyruiz
01-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Great win.

dmontzsta
01-17-2007, 11:06 PM
I know alot of people will say they are too young. But honestly, I feel this team will be VERY hard to beat in a 7 game series. Especially once they start playing well.
On another note whats up with the Kings? 7 game losing streak and getting blown out by 16 points to Toronto? OUCH.
The clippers too, winning by 6 points to a Golden State team that had 7 players. :o

Jyruiz
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I know alot of people will say they are too young. But honestly, I feel this team will be VERY hard to beat in a 7 game series. Especially once they start playing well.
On another note whats up with the Kings? 7 game losing streak and getting blown out by 16 points to Toronto? OUCH.
The clippers too, winning by 6 points to a Golden State team that had 7 players. :o
In a 7 game series, teams make adjustments and prepare better for the team they will face. That is why the better team and experience usually wins. All that said, of course I want the Lakers to win and hope for the best.

dmontzsta
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
In a 7 game series, teams make adjustments and prepare better for the team they will face. That is why the better team and experience usually wins. All that said, of course I want the Lakers to win and hope for the best.
Agreed and the reason they will be hard to beat. How do you prepare for the Lakers? seriously...a different guy steps up each night. Before you could contain Kobe and make the other guys beat you, now you have to worry about someone like Radman coming off the bench and hurting you, or Vujacic or Farmar, Evans, Cook, the list goes on. How do you plan for that?
Coaches can study their starting line up, but then they also have to study the second unit, cause it is a completely different team out there.
The biggest key to making them a hard to beat team is PJ. He can definitely make the adjustments needed to progress. :D

Jyruiz
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Phil is a great coach and knows how to prepare his players, but the players are still the ones that have to execute. I know any player can step up at any time, but that goes for the other team players as well, specially the ones that have been there before. It is going to be a great rest of the season, specially when KB and LO get back.

dmontzsta
01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, Phil is a great coach and knows how to prepare his players, but the players are still the ones that have to execute. I know any player can step up at any time, but that goes for the other team players as well, specially the ones that have been there before. It is going to be a great rest of the season, specially when KB and LO get back.
I really miss LO and forget how well he was doing, the same with Kwame. There was a few games they could have really used his strength. Another guy I miss is Mihm though, he was REALLY starting to come around and getting a sweet shot down. He is another 7' player who was forgotten this season. Hopefully they can resign him, they can use all those big guys when playing against teams like the Heat, Rockets, San Antonio, etc...
BTW: Not having LO's D has really hurt the Lakers when playing Dallas this year, he does a great job on Dirk.

Hardly Satisfied
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Great win.
I Agree , yes it was sweet

AirtimeLavey
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Another great game. LO and Kwame may be back next week. Nice to see the team ball and D they're playing. Kobe's just flat out amazing how he can score at will. He's trusting his teammates more, they're delivering, and it's getting them wins. He's also back to the #1 spot in jersey sales.
Anything can happen in sports, and experience plays a big role in playoff series, but I think this team has a shot. Might be a long shot, but you can no longer rule them out. This is no fluke. Much of this is PJ's fundamentals and Kobe's leadership. On top of being short-handed, Kobe's also been playing hurt. A groin injury def. impacts mobility, but he's still getting his.
PJ and Buss were nominated to the Hall of Fame. That's a no brainer. Best ticket in NBA for many, many years, and we're on the verge of some very good years ahead. What's Shaq played 4 games this year? Dont' miss him.
Should be a good game tonight, but tough one. SA and Dallas back-to-back! Now there's a challenge.

KineticoH20
01-18-2007, 05:38 PM
My god! look at this team, if Kobe is not the MVP it will be a travisty. If he scores 50 he's not a team player or he doesn't make his teamates better. Well this year he's getting more out of this team than I think anyone could.
As fas as the playoffs if Lamar and Kwame are back we will be very hard to beat, remember playoff basketball is more of a half court game and not as much a fast break game, that's why Phoenix had so much trouble last year. Now tonight we are gonna be in trouble I think, but if we can eek it out it will be the win of the year.

AirtimeLavey
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
My god! look at this team, if Kobe is not the MVP it will be a travisty. If he scores 50 he's not a team player or he doesn't make his teamates better. Well this year he's getting more out of this team than I think anyone could.
As fas as the playoffs if Lamar and Kwame are back we will be very hard to beat, remember playoff basketball is more of a half court game and not as much a fast break game, that's why Phoenix had so much trouble last year. Now tonight we are gonna be in trouble I think, but if we can eek it out it will be the win of the year.
Definitley on the MVP this year. He's earning now more than ever before. If they pull off a W tonight, that'll be a hellova statement. Go Lake Show..!!!:D