PDA

View Full Version : TV Recording

AZKC
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
So we're on Comcast basic cable, and the shows we want to watch are all on at the same time. Whats the latest greatest "TiVo" setup or other setuup:confused: We have broadband or phone hook up:confused:

voodoomedman
01-17-2007, 10:08 PM
So we're on Comcast basic cable, and the shows we want to watch are all on at the same time. Whats the latest greatest "TiVo" setup or other setuup:confused: We have broadband or phone hook up:confused:
Get rid of cable and go with Direct TV with a DVR. :D
Seriously though no matter what service you have you will need a DVR with two tuners. That will allow you to record two shows or watch one show while you record another. If you have more shows than that on at the same time you will need a seperate room with the same setup that will give you a total of 4. Need more add another room and so on.

AZKC
01-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I know a guy who has 3 digital tv DVR's in his house, alittle excessive but he watches alot of tv:D Looks like we're going TiVo:)

HCS
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm going DVR. Want to buy my never been plugged in or used TIVO box?

AZKC
01-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I'll bet you gota PM:D

HCS
01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Back at ya.
How's 500 bucks.:D

uvindex
01-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm going DVR. Want to buy my never been plugged in or used TIVO box?TiVo is a DVR. :)

AZKC
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Back at ya.
How's 500 bucks.:D
Seems like a great deal, :) Can I pay shipping also?

AZKC
01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm going DVR. Want to buy my never been plugged in or used TIVO box?
TiVo is a DVR. :)
Hey I'm trying to work a deal here;) , if he knows that he may up the price:D

Cruzzze
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Ok here is the set up. Get direct TV, and just buy the receivers yourself, have the dish and wiring done, and then call direct tv and tell them you want to have it in your cabin in some place that DOES NOT have cable service. Then you tell them you want 2 receivers in there plus one in your motorhome. Then you tell them you drive allover the country racing different places every week, and you need east, mountain and west coast feeds. You can watch all the programming you want at anytime. For example, survivor is on at 6 pm eastern, 7 pm mountain and 9 pm west coast ( mountain time zone ), so you have a chance to watch it three different times. Cool huh

AZKC
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
I do want a portable dish for traveling sometime. But I'm staying hardwired at the casa, staying old school.

HCS
01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
TiVo is a DVR. :)
Ya I know but Direct TV will upgrade all my equipment for 50 bucks. My stuffs
getting old.

HCS
01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Sometimes I hate upgrades.
Now I opened can of wroms AZKC. Thanks.:D
If I upgrade my system to a DVR box and remotes it's 69 bucks for 2 TV's.
69 dollars is only for installation. The equipment is a swap out, rent is the same as my old equipment that doesn't change.
Problem is that I have 4 TV's. But I don't need DVR on all 4 so I just get it for 2.
Or maybe just use the damn TiVo box I have laying around.
But then I have to crawl all through my house and run the phone line and
cables when they'll do it for 70 bucks.

AZKC
01-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Just trying to help a people;)
The new TiVo's are broadband and record to DVD. You might want to get a couple of those. Then theres allways Microjerks Media Center software. Hell through in a couple of VCR's. And I think your about there:D