PDA

View Full Version : Are Chicks Delusional On Wedding Costs

whiteworks
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
just got back from a meeting with our wedding assault team. got the final numbers and just about shit. seems the little lady if out of control IMHO. I started looking at her spread sheet and cant believe some of the shit on there
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
all in all were about 8k over initial budget. these are the ones that seemed like red flags to me. I thinking do we really need a $1000 dollar pile of flour/sugar and water? A lower quality chair is offered for free through the establishment where we will be hosting the event. and is it really nessary to have hors d'oeurves. these are the things that I think can be cut. tried cutting the guest list but it pretty bare bones with important people. I wanted to do the city hall "$75.00" thing and buy some more property instead of have a large wedding. the way I see it just the wedding is gonna cost me several hundred thousand in the long run.

hoolign
01-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Ditch her!..find some bitch that pays for it herself! If she wants the ring on her finger....anti up! You could put that money towards a shack! :devil:

IN2-IN2MX
01-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Is it too late to try to convince her to forget the whole party thing for everyone else's benefit and instead go on a trip and get married there? Seriously, weddings are outrageously expensive and it's all over in one night. I would rather take a trip to a tropical location and get married on the beach in a very simple ceremony. For what you're paying for the cake and chair upgrades you can probably pay for your whole trip! You can still invite a few select friends and family members (they pay for themselves). With the money you save you can put it towards a house down payment, kids' college funds or just save for a rainy day.
Good luck.

djunkie
01-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Is it too late to try to convince her to forget the whole party thing for everyone else's benefit and instead go on a trip and get married there? Seriously, weddings are outrageously expensive and it's all over in one night. I would rather take a trip to a tropical location and get married on the beach in a very simple ceremony. For what you're paying for the cake and chair upgrades you can probably pay for your whole trip! You can still invite a few select friends and family members (they pay for themselves). With the money you save you can put it towards a house down payment, kids' college funds or just save for a rainy day.
Good luck.
Will you marry me????? :D :D :D

Outnumbered
01-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Two words:
VEGAS BABY:D

Rexone
01-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
WTF, who's the wedding broker, Exxon?
I'm in the wrong freakin business that's for sure. I need to start makin billet cakes. Not as tasty but they last forever.

shockwaveharry
01-18-2007, 02:58 AM
It's time to think about what IN2- said... reconsider the big party thing. I got married in 1990 and after our planned $8000.00 budget blew up past 14G's, We decided to notify the 120 guests that if they wanted to attend our wedding, they needed to buy a plane ticket and hotel room in Hawaii. In the end, about 20 friends and family showed up we had a great ceremony on a small cliff overlooking the ocean in Kauai. The wedding pictures were fantastic, taken on the beach, in the surf and on the grounds of the Hilton hotel. We spent less than 5 grand, did everything right, and I know it was much more enjoyable than if we went with the original plan.
The only real drawback was having 20+ family and friends along on our honeymoon... We actually had to tell people to get lost!
You won't be lying by telling her that a tropical wedding will be way more romantic and memorable than a "normal", "run of the mill" wedding that is nowhere near as special as the wedding planners are making it out to be.
PS Don't get married... BIG mistake!!! ;)

DelawareDave
01-18-2007, 03:04 AM
Wife and I said to hell with all the BS and other crap. We went to the JP and got hitched. She paid for it, too. We are still married, too. She says I can boat all I want, just don't try to get her in it! :eek:

Jbb
01-18-2007, 03:04 AM
WTF, who's the wedding broker, Exxon?
I'm in the wrong freakin business that's for sure. I need to start makin billet cakes. Not as tasty but they last forever.
Will there be a catalog?......:D

shockwaveharry
01-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Will there be a catalog?......:D
We're expecting it to go to print any day now... ;)

v-drive
01-18-2007, 04:13 AM
It's important to them so you are better off going along with it. Saying that if she starts ordering your parents around bury her....your life will be much easier...v-drive

RitcheyRch
01-18-2007, 05:12 AM
Thats waht I did although am not married to her any longer. :D
Two words:
VEGAS BABY:D

photo chick
01-18-2007, 05:32 AM
We got married in Big Bear in a little chapel in shorts and t-shirts, it was great!!! Told my mom on the way up the mountain on the cell phone. She was pissed but got over it...eventually. We came home and flew to Tahiti and cruised the islands for 10 days, came out way ahead money wise, not to mention the headaches of family quarrels. Bought a house together within a year!! Most of the friends I've talked to wish they did the same after their big night was over...

Jbb
01-18-2007, 05:42 AM
big night
....................................:D

Mrs.Killer
01-18-2007, 06:30 AM
What a waste of money.....who is she trying to impress at your expense. Good luck!!!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
01-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Ya usually can't reason with a Bride-to-be.
Most the nice hotels in Vegas offer packages and that's what we did.
The total cost was under $1K, and we still hear it's the best wedding they even went to.

diggler
01-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Got married in April last year. I think my total cost for the event was around, maybe....two thousand? Wife and I decided that since both our families live in Michigan, to hell with everyone since we're here in California. We had eight people most important to us (parents and siblings, and two childhood friends) attend. Had a very intimate ceremony, and still had plenty of money left over for what we wanted to spend our money on. Many, many other friends wished they would've done the same thing after blowing their savings on a single night.

DCBDaytona
01-18-2007, 06:52 AM
I hear ya...We're beginning the initial stage of investigating for our wedding right now. Expensive, but to me well worth it.

NOTALENT
01-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Go to vegas, have the best damn bachelor party of your life, get married, bang it out in the hotel room, gamble and fly for under 1K !!!! :D Its the only way to fly! So much more you can do with that money! Its just a piece of paper right????:devil:

lewiville
01-18-2007, 07:05 AM
I hear ya...We're beginning the initial stage of investigating for our wedding right now. Expensive, but to me well worth it.
Im doing the same thing right now. We should get a group of us together and have it at Disneyland:D
We are trying really hard to stay on budget.

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Are Chicks Delusional On Wedding Costs
Yes.
Ya usually can't reason with a Bride-to-be.
:D
The total cost was under $1K, and we still hear it's the best wedding they even went to.
I've never thought it should be about the hors d'oeuvres and the billet cake. I think it should be about two people. A simple event might even be preferred, in that regard.

voodoomedman
01-18-2007, 07:10 AM
You have to do what's right for you. With that said your wedding day goes by so damn fast for you too even remember so spend good money on photographer and videographer. My wife says she wishes we would have done something else as well. I tell her though you wouldn't have known that at the time and would be upset to this day that you didn't have your storybook wedding. With that said though we wanted the cost to be somewhat easy on her folks and we don't spend ridiculous amounts of money for nothing. We found a Country Club that everything was included in one price. Get your own DJ was the only thing. It wasn't pic n save cheap but it was beautiful and very reasonable costwise. If my next kid is a girl I am prepared to break the bank on her wedding day.

JetBoatRich
01-18-2007, 07:21 AM
just got back from a meeting with our wedding assault team. got the final numbers and just about shit. seems the little lady if out of control IMHO. I started looking at her spread sheet and cant believe some of the shit on there
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
all in all were about 8k over initial budget. these are the ones that seemed like red flags to me. I thinking do we really need a $1000 dollar pile of flour/sugar and water? A lower quality chair is offered for free through the establishment where we will be hosting the event. and is it really nessary to have hors d'oeurves. these are the things that I think can be cut. tried cutting the guest list but it pretty bare bones with important people. I wanted to do the city hall "$75.00" thing and buy some more property instead of have a large wedding. the way I see it just the wedding is gonna cost me several hundred thousand in the long run.
Crazy how it adds up and the ridiculous prices you listed
I will have my wife make you a cake, how about $900:D

wright27
01-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
Welcome to the first part of the rest of your life. It only gets worse from here.:D

Gman
01-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Run brotha!!!! Just run! :( Don't do it at all! Take the money you were going to spend on this horrible wedding decision and by a plane ticket to europe. Backpack europe for a year tagging and bagging as many slutty little women as you can! :D
MARRIAGE WILL SUCK THE LIFE FORCE RIGHT OUT OF YA~:hammer2:
But if you must get married spend the money on a good prenup! And get a nice little thing on the side to bang once you say I do and she starts saying I don't!:D

ZBODaytona
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
I am doing the same thing right now. We are going to Publix (chain grociery store, wasn't sure if you had them) for a cake they were like 350.. Taste great and look good too. The biggest expense we have is the tent rental, but it comes with chairs and all, not sure on the price yet. We are shooting for around 5 for the whole event, though we are getting married at my mothers beachhouse, so that saves. Another thing my sister did was to have individual cakes at tables and a small one that they cut, worked out great and cost around the same as what we are paying. sounds really high to me but what do i know, i am just a FL boy...
Plus my girl and I are on the same page, we don't want to spend a lot....

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-18-2007, 07:31 AM
We went to Tahoe with just immediate family and the entire wedding cost less than $2k. That included renting a restaraunt/bar and all the food and alchohol. We then packed it up and honeymooned at the river for a week. LOL
Our plan was to have a party after the fact with all our friends but by the time I was done planning our little wedding, I had no desire to plan a party.
But seriously, no offense, weddings are great and all but spending thousands is a total waste of money.
And like someone already said, your wedding day goes by in a flash. Its a really fun day but not the worth the expense and stress.
ELOPE!!! I highly recommend eloping! :D

CBadDad
01-18-2007, 07:31 AM
What do you care...the brides parents are suppose to pay for it. :D
It's a lose/lose situation. If you have a big wedding and blow thousands on it, you'll always wish you would've ran off to Vegas and saved all of the money. On the other hand, if you run off to Vegas, your bride will always wish she would've had the big wedding bash...and that'll cost you for the rest of your life!
Brides have dreamed about their big day since they were 4 yrs old. It will never live up to her expectations no matter how much you spend. All I can say is that I hope it is all paid for before the divorce proceedings begin.
Best o' luck to the both of you.

ratso
01-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
You'll learn your lesson from this one... The second one I'll bet will be a lot cheaper.;)

All-Star
01-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Someone told me once that Women tend to do things to impress or out do other women.
Do we as little girls dream of the fairy tale wedding??? YES! Do we have to have it or we will die??? NO!!! If that is the make or break point of your soon to be marriage, then maybe you need to find a more reasonable wife. If you are paying for it then you need to have more say so!
I got married in a little Chapel in Lake Tahoe. Simple clothing, simple flowers, simple ring, etc. Still married 15 years later. Has it been rough some times?? YES! But who's marriage isnt?
In the past I had thought about a big wedding and how it would have been. But never complained about it. Never regretted it. My husband asked me if we wanted to have a huge wedding to renew our vows at 25 years, and I said "heck no".... I can not see "WASTING" that much money for a few minutes of lime light. I do not need to prove anything to anyone but him.
Just remember, that if the guests, family or friends would ever complain about what was provided at your wedding, then maybe they really are not your friends.
I wish you luck with this and in your future.
AL

Big Warlock
01-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Buy a Boat instead!!! (And think of the boat you could buy!) LOL

Outnumbered
01-18-2007, 07:38 AM
We got married in Big Bear in a little chapel in shorts and t-shirts, it was great!!! Told my mom on the way up the mountain on the cell phone. She was pissed but got over it...eventually. We came home and flew to Tahiti and cruised the islands for 10 days, came out way ahead money wise, not to mention the headaches of family quarrels. Bought a house together within a year!! Most of the friends I've talked to wish they did the same after their big night was over...
Can I get you to notarize this statement so I can save it for my two girls :D

lalhc
01-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Expensive weddings are a big waste of money. Believe me because I have had one and the marriage only lasted 2 years :idea: . My second wife and I have been happily married for 13 years now and we had a simple wedding in a small 100 year old chappel that followed w/a sit down dinner reception. We paid for most of everything. The entire wedding cost less than $3K.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-18-2007, 07:55 AM
I think this wedding planning will be a good example of how much she is willing to compromise in your relationship. It's also a good example of how much she values your opinion. Keep that in mind.
Personally, I would never spend that much, but I'm cheap. :D Our reception was in my parents back yard (they have 2 acres). We rented chairs, tables and umbrellas and all the family members brought a dish. My parents spent about $3500, but that was 17 years ago. They offered us the cash if we just went to Vegas, but we didn't want to (though I think SW would have said okay).

BshyBvrGirl
01-18-2007, 07:59 AM
hmm...
interesting. I for one, never grew up wanting the big wedding. I don't like being that sort of center of attention. I also grew up with a dad who has always told me he would rather give me the money to start a nest egg with my new husband rather than throwing a lavish affair. And I've always agreed. It's the marriage that's important to me, not the wedding party surrounding it.
The type of wedding you have isn't just about what your bride-to-be wants. It's what the both of you have agreed upon. It's your day too. The compromise is saying, the chairs they included are nice, we don't need $1700 extra's. And then put that savings toward something else...like towards a part of your honeymoon, a house, retirement...something that's just not the big day.
Just my .02:D

OCMerrill
01-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Did she agree to the budget up front?
I am on my second marriage and it was my wife's first. I went thought this big party twice and while I was to young and stupid to take the cash and elope the first time....I paid for the second one because my wife would not go quietly.
She stuck to the budget and actually came in under. We picked the place and the food together. She did everything else. She used the extra money to help pay for some of the brides maid stuff.
When I met my wife she was renting a room, working as an Auto Insurance Adjuster making very little money. She lived on a monthly budget so the wedding was easy for her.
I also have to say she looks at the pictures often. Shows the kids, etc. She truly loved that party.

YeLLowBoaT
01-18-2007, 08:01 AM
I've been to a couple 100k+ weddings... and I have to ask why? I mean think about it...( I going to assum the parents and the couple is paying for it) I would think that 100k would be much better spent on a down payment for a house. Even worse are the ones that go into debt to have a wedding. What a wonderful way to start your life toegther... I also don't understand how "studys" say 1 out of 2 women lose a friend over the planing of the wedding...
Some of the best weddings( read as most fun) where on the beach or in mountains. 1-5k tops with food and every thing.

NUTHIN
01-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Run brotha!!!! Just run! :( Don't do it at all! Take the money you were going to spend on this horrible wedding decision and by a plane ticket to europe. Backpack europe for a year tagging and bagging as many slutty little women as you can! :D
But if you must get married spend the money on a good prenup! And get a nice little thing on the side to bang once you say I do and she starts saying I don't!:D
:jawdrop: NOW THATS FUNNY :( :D :D

Debbolas
01-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Good luck.
What she said :D

707dog
01-18-2007, 08:11 AM
i thought the brides family was to pay for the wedding or is that out dated?? hey when is your boat/rhino/toyz going to be for sale besure to put it in spam first..just givin ya chit..good luck bro!!

buzzaro
01-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Just dont let her believe its "our" day. She needs to know youre making the first sacrfice (of many) as a married couple. Should buy you a few sundays of football and poker nights at least:D

Debbolas
01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Get married at the river :D Pass out coolie cups as wedding favors :D
although I always wanted to have Elvis renew our vows ;)

ratso
01-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Gman... Frankly I am shocked and appalled by your post... :jawdrop: Delete it at once... These two are in Love.:D

Ziggy
01-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I think this wedding planning will be a good example of how much she is willing to compromise in your relationship. It's also a good example of how much she values your opinion. Keep that in mind.
Personally, I would never spend that much, but I'm cheap. :D Our reception was in my parents back yard (they have 2 acres). We rented chairs, tables and umbrellas and all the family members brought a dish. My parents spent about $3500, but that was 17 years ago. They offered us the cash if we just went to Vegas, but we didn't want to (though I think SW would have said okay).
This first paragraph is very telling........perfect.
We also did our wedding in my parents yard, including the reception. And it was almost 17 yrs ago too.
Wedding planners charge prices even the government would blush over. I'd be hammering the prices of the services they offer as well as compromising with the bride.......she should be aware you're over budget, right?

lucky
01-18-2007, 08:47 AM
If you think the wedding costs are bad , Wait till the Divorce :)

cdog
01-18-2007, 08:52 AM
If you think the wedding costs are bad , Wait till the Divorce :)
+1000:D

HM
01-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Grow a sack already!!!
Fukkin kidz these days!!!

photo chick
01-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Can I get you to notarize this statement so I can save it for my two girls :D
Sure! Good luck on that though.... We then spent 22k on his daughter's wedding five years later :eek: :eek: She insisted on the fairytale wedding & we didn't even pay for a lot of the stuff. She now wishes she had the money in her bank acct....

catman-do
01-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Ditch the wedding planner. Those people take a big chunk of change, and weddings arent that hard to plan. My GF and i are planning our wedding right now and we are at about 15k. Got a nice place (Etiwanda Gardens) with the chappel, a happy hour in between, and the reception. Our cake is from Ontario Bakery 4 tier cake for $410! Our photographer we have been very happy with (celebrations photography in Corona 1500). We did an open bar for 2 hours and the other 2.5 hours is just free beer and wine. We just need to get the DJ and we are set to go. It only took us about 2 months to get everything set up, that includes her dress, the chicks dresses and invitations. I say fock the planner and do it on your own, its pretty damn easy.

cdog
01-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Depends on the situation. If you own a home and are some what established, deal with it. If not ur fukin crazy to spend that kind of $$$$. If you do start with a prenump and make sure she has a good career. You'll need some leverage for both the prenump and the 100k boat you'll want in the next couple of years. I'm 4+ years deep into it and have had a blast being married. I paid for over 10k of our wedding + an expensive ring on her finger. She didn’t complain one bit when I bought the boat either. Remember it's all about compromise. Good Luck & Congrats.

lucky
01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
HEY PHOTO CHICK - I see a golden oppertunity to overcharge ... ohhh never mind lol :D

Gman
01-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Gman... Frankly I am shocked and appalled by your post... :jawdrop: Delete it at once... These two are in Love.:D
My bad.:idea: Hows this for the love birds then.............................Bang her sister and best friend at the same time while filming it all. Send her the tape, take the money and move to the phillipines where you can live like a king for $1,200 a month. Sipping .60 cent beers, banging 18 year old virgins, all the while the maids at home cleaning and guarding your mansion until you come home and bang her!:D
If you still feel the need to marry then you can find a fine little filipina woman to hitch. She will be more than happy to stay home while you go out with the guys and get drunk! G-man loving the true filipina women (not the ones born here, there just a darker shade of white):D

Cole Trickle
01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Cheap bastards!!!;)
Weddings aren't cheap but they have Phenomenal finger foods:D
I have always thought the Hawaii/Tropical wedding with 10 people there would be great. Like stated earlier invite everyone and give them a list of hotels close to the beach where the ceremony will take place. If they show good for them they get a vacation...If not no biggie.
I won't have the Luxary of marrying a girl that has parents that can afford a wedding so it will be 100% on us.:)
We have discussed it and a simple ceremony on a beach followed by a reception in our back yard would be about perfect.
I just never understood paying obsurd amounts of $$ for other people to celebrate your day?:idea:

Biglue
01-18-2007, 09:24 AM
That right there seems to be blaring at me like a sig alert sign also. I think your bride to be needs to be realistic about the money you're about to spend. It is one night, that money could go towards a world of other stuff as mentioned.
I'm truly surprised many of the women are saying that a simple wedding is or was good enough. Kudos to you ladies. I bet that kind of thinking makes your hubbies appreciate you even more.
Another thing that is standing out here is the "hindsight" of the big weddings. "We could have had a small wedding and did X with the money" and vise versa.
Best of luck on your wedding. Also pay close attention to Holy Moly's post. LOL

photo chick
01-18-2007, 09:24 AM
HEY PHOTO CHICK - I see a golden oppertunity to overcharge ... ohhh never mind lol :D
Lucky I only shoot sports & animals......but thanks!!!
BTW it's opportunity

Larry H Parker
01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Looks like someone might be needing my services in the near future.

Misogynist
01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Run brotha!!!! Just run!
That is some funny $hit right there..... anyone that has gone through a divorce feels the same......... :D I know after the reality set in on my marriage I was so depressed I gained about 30 lbs and had no energy or desire to live. It all became "about her".... her "needs"........ her "wants".... what I wanted?..... in her own words.... " those don't count ". "You're married now.... you have to do as I say."..... I didn't know the marriage contract was a contract of servitude.. Brotha..... run... and don't look back. It's only going to get worse from here on in.... :eek:

Misogynist
01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
My bad.:idea: Hows this for the love birds then.............................Bang her sister and best friend at the same time while filming it all. Send her the tape, take the money and move to the phillipines where you can live like a king for $1,200 a month. Sipping .60 cent beers, banging 18 year old virgins, all the while the maids at home cleaning and guarding your mansion until you come home and bang her!:D
If you still feel the need to marry then you can find a fine little filipina woman to hitch. She will be more than happy to stay home while you go out with the guys and get drunk! G-man loving the true filipina women (not the ones born here, there just a darker shade of white):D
Yeah... as soon as they hit these shores they become corrupted. You have to live in a country where poverty is the rule rather than the exception. Then these third world brides are happy for a little comfort instead of being unhappy for what they are told they can't live without on a television commercial...... :D

lucky
01-18-2007, 10:14 AM
You'll learn your lesson from this one... The second one I'll bet will be a lot cheaper.;)
lmao - we are so Positive , are we not ?:D

EmpirE231
01-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Have any of you seen bridezillas??????:eek:

lucky
01-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Lucky I only shoot sports & animals......but thanks!!!
BTW it's opportunity
- Great I will take this OPPORTUNITY to say #$#^ off lol
Lucky I only shoot [B]sports & animals.
Hey Honey :D I shoot animals for sport ! You on the other hand take photos of an Animal In a Boat !!!
Opportunity , opportunity , opportunity -- ok teach lesson done :)

photo chick
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
- Great I will take this OPPORTUNITY to say #$#^ off lol
Lucky I only shoot [B]sports & animals.
Hey Honey :D I shoot animals for sport ! You on the other hand take photos of an Animals In Boats !!!
Opportunity , opportunity , opportunity -- ok teach lesson done :)
I love you man! I only mess with you....b/c.......it's fun!! ;) You do NOT shoot animals for fun....it's for sport!:D

lucky
01-18-2007, 10:32 AM
I love you man! I only mess with you....b/c.......it's fun!! ;) You do NOT shoot animals for fun....it's for sport!:D
i know and you can bust my balls any day :) :D

Jetaholic
01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Not to burst the bubble on the fun but...
In most women's minds, a wedding has no budget. They have this dream that they've had since the day they were born about how their wedding should be. They don't care how much it costs...they just have to have that dream wedding. Notice I use the word "dream"...aka non-realistic. Reality goes out the window and in a woman's mind, if the man can't afford their dream wedding, to a woman this means that she is not worth the cost of that dream wedding to him. When it isn't even that, it's just that realistically, it's not that the man doesn't want to spend that kind of money on his bride-to-be, it's that he simply is not able to because he doesn't have the money to spend.
Or maybe he does, but he's thinking of their future. If he spends that kind of money on the wedding, he's thinking that he won't have much else left for other things that him and his wife will want or need after the marraige. Life doesn't end after the wedding, that is only the beginning of a new life with a new wife. And he wants to make sure that he is able to financially provide for the woman he loves.
Just think...if the man can't afford to pay for your dream wedding, don't think of it as "I must not be worth that much to him". Think of it as "He's a man strong enough to admit to his weakness and he really cares about providing for his and his wife's future needs". This really shows traits of a man who knows and really cares about how to realistically budget for things you two will need in your long term future.
Just my $0.02.

Sleek-Jet
01-18-2007, 10:42 AM
hmm...
interesting. I for one, never grew up wanting the big wedding. I don't like being that sort of center of attention. I also grew up with a dad who has always told me he would rather give me the money to start a nest egg with my new husband rather than throwing a lavish affair. And I've always agreed. It's the marriage that's important to me, not the wedding party surrounding it.
The type of wedding you have isn't just about what your bride-to-be wants. It's what the both of you have agreed upon. It's your day too. The compromise is saying, the chairs they included are nice, we don't need $1700 extra's. And then put that savings toward something else...like towards a part of your honeymoon, a house, retirement...something that's just not the big day.
So how does Tahoe sound??? :D

lucky
01-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Not to burst the bubble on the fun but...
In most women's minds, a wedding has no budget. They have this dream that they've had since the day they were born about how their wedding should be. They don't care how much it costs...they just have to have that dream wedding. Notice I use the word "dream"...aka non-realistic. Reality goes out the window and in a woman's mind, if the man can't afford their dream wedding, to a woman this means that she is not worth the cost of that dream wedding to him. When it isn't even that, it's just that realistically, it's not that the man doesn't want to spend that kind of money on his bride-to-be, it's that he simply is not able to because he doesn't have the money to spend.
Or maybe he does, but he's thinking of their future. If he spends that kind of money on the wedding, he's thinking that he won't have much else left for other things that him and his wife will want or need after the marraige. Life doesn't end after the wedding, that is only the beginning of a new life with a new wife. And he wants to make sure that he is able to financially provide for the woman he loves.
Just think...if the man can't afford to pay for your dream wedding, don't think of it as "I must not be worth that much to him". Think of it as "He's a man strong enough to admit to his weakness and he really cares about providing for his and his wife's future needs". This really shows traits of a man who knows and really cares about how to realistically budget for things you two will need in your long term future.
Just my $0.02.
Marriage is only an illusionDivoce on the other hand is Realistic !:D

Jetaholic
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Marriage is only an illusionDivoce on the other hand is Realistic !:D
AMEN MA BRUTHA!!!:D

EmpirE231
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I would never marry a chick with that many expectations, especially when it's all about the money!! when a girl expects a big wedding, I would never give it to her. if she expects a nice, low budget around 8-10k wedding nothing extravagant, than I would love to give more than that within my will / budget. same goes for a ring! frickin chicks and diamonds!! I think Misogynist said it best with all the marketing ploys and how women fall for it! "show her how much you love her with a diamond" .... it's a frickin sparkeling rock that costs wayyyy too much!
anywho... my girl and I are both cool with a lower cost wedding, ceremony in a church, reception in a nice yard or banquet are... most likely her uncles back yard (huge, nice entertaining back yard)... pay some bartender a couple hundred to do drinks all night. my only requests are that OUTBACK caters ( we know an owner) gotta have the cheese fries at my table. and everyone gets regular cake, but we get cheesecake :D we'd rather spend the major dough on a long honeymoon in bora bora... that's where the real celebrating takes place.... the honymoon! not the hey everyone come celebrate our marriage (wedding)

photo chick
01-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I would never marry a chick with that many expectations, especially when it's all about the money!! when a girl expects a big wedding, I would never give it to her. if she expects a nice, low budget around 8-10k wedding nothing extravagant, than I would love to give more than that within my will / budget. same goes for a ring! frickin chicks and diamonds!! I think Misogynist said it best with all the marketing ploys and how women fall for it! "show her how much you love her with a diamond" .... it's a frickin sparkeling rock that costs wayyyy too much!
anywho... my girl and I are both cool with a lower cost wedding, ceremony in a church, reception in a nice yard or banquet are... most likely her uncles back yard (huge, nice entertaining back yard)... pay some bartender a couple hundred to do drinks all night. my only requests are that OUTBACK caters ( we know an owner) gotta have the cheese fries at my table. and everyone gets regular cake, but we get cheesecake :D we'd rather spend the major dough on a long honeymoon in bora bora... that's where the real celebrating takes place.... the honymoon! not the hey everyone come celebrate our marriage (wedding)
I didn't even want the diamond......went with a large Emerald to be different!!! Of course it had several diamonds around it:D :D And yes! Bora Bora
Oh and Lucky.....it's divorce not divoce!!!!!!:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
i thought the brides family was to pay for the wedding or is that out dated?? hey when is your boat/rhino/toyz going to be for sale besure to put it in spam first..just givin ya chit..good luck bro!!
That depends on if you live together first, most of the time.

Mrs.Killer
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Migul and i planned our own wedding 11 years ago. We spent about 10k. The wedding dress was made for about 1k. Nice church in Encino for about 450.00. Our reception was at Knowlwood country club in Granada hills, food and open bar was about 6k. Photographer was about 1k. The cake was 250.00. It was a beautiful wedding with no regrets.....

Cole Trickle
01-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Migul and i planned our own wedding 11 years ago. We spent about 10k. The wedding dress was made for about 1k. Nice church in Encino for about 450.00. Our reception was at Knowlwood country club in Granada hills, food and open bar was about 6k. Photographer was about 1k. The cake was 250.00. It was a beautiful wedding with no regrets.....
Ballers!:D :jawdrop:
I think I can do it for $75.00 at the firehouse;)

Mrs.Killer
01-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Ballers!:D :jawdrop:
I think I can do it for $75.00 at the firehouse;)
Does that include a cake???

Cole Trickle
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Does that include a cake???
I'm a Diabetic so I don't eat cake;):D
If we plan it on Taco Tuesday I miggt splurge for 2 tacos for everyone in teh wedding party:devil:

Mrs.Killer
01-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm a Diabetic so I don't eat cake;):D
If we plan it on Taco Tuesday I miggt splurge for 2 tacos for everyone in teh wedding party:devil:
So is this the plan for your wedding, it's finally going to happen huh??

Cole Trickle
01-18-2007, 11:31 AM
So is this the plan for your wedding, it's finally going to happen huh??
This is pure speculation for the future:D
One day I am gonna have to pull the trigger before I loose my good looks and she trades me in for a wealthier/younger man.:eek: ;)

OnlyMoney
01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
We're getting Maui'd......that's all I have to say. :D :D :D

Jetaholic
01-18-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22271&stc=1&d=1169149318

Devil's Advocate
01-18-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.***boat.com/ubb/eek.gif :crossx:
Good luck.
It's time to think about what IN2- said... reconsider the big party thing. I got married in 1990 and after our planned $8000.00 budget blew up past 14G's, We decided to notify the 120 guests that if they wanted to attend our wedding, they needed to buy a plane ticket and hotel room in Hawaii. In the end, about 20 friends and family showed up we had a great ceremony on a small cliff overlooking the ocean in Kauai. The wedding pictures were fantastic, taken on the beach, in the surf and on the grounds of the Hilton hotel. We spent less than 5 grand, did everything right, and I know it was much more enjoyable than if we went with the original plan.
The only real drawback was having 20+ family and friends along on our honeymoon... We actually had to tell people to get lost!
You won't be lying by telling her that a tropical wedding will be way more romantic and memorable than a "normal", "run of the mill" wedding that is nowhere near as special as the wedding planners are making it out to be.
PS Don't get married... BIG mistake!!! ;)
I'm hearing you guys..At 20 years old, I would have felt very cheated if I didn't get the whole big fairytale wedding. But now at uh, 30 something, I've become more practical and realistic. Yeah it's nice to have a big expensive glamorous gayla if you're baller and have the cash to burn. But if not, then that bitchen wedding on the beach having an awesome time on vacation sounds pretty darn good. In the end, it's not about the wedding anyway. It's about the marriage.
Put the money towards the divorce..http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Hotcobra270
01-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I going thur this right now... I got engaged in Nov and the Wedding is around sept and she wanted to get married in santa barbara near the beach. We looked into it, and it was 15K JUST FOR THE VENUE!! plus you figure food etc etc etc, we were looking at about 30k or so easy..
All I could think about is taking that money and fixing up our new home in phoenix. So we decide to go the vegas route and look a look into the venetian; its still kinda expensive if you ask me (about 17k total) but it beats the 30k that she originally wanted.. The thing that sucks is that I dont even think we are going to get much as far as gifts goes (her family isnt that well off)..
Its true that they say that weddings are for the girls and we guys just come along as a prop for the show..
Good luck.. Ohh yeah, I also dropped 16k on her ring already so I'll be into over 30k into this marriage...
But I do love her and if its gonna kept her happy I guess it will all be worth it in the future (i hope)..
Tony

Silver
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I going thur this right now... I got engaged in Nov and the Wedding is around sept and she wanted to get married in santa barbara near the beach. We looked into it, and it was 15K JUST FOR THE VENUE!! plus you figure food etc etc etc, we were looking at about 30k or so easy..
All I could think about is taking that money and fixing up our new home in phoenix. So we decide to go the vegas route and look a look into the venetian; its still kinda expensive if you ask me (about 17k total) but it beats the 30k that she originally wanted.. The thing that sucks is that I dont even think we are going to get much as far as gifts goes (her family isnt that well off)..
Its true that they say that weddings are for the girls and we guys just come along as a prop for the show..
Good luck.. Ohh yeah, I also dropped 16k on her ring already so I'll be into over 30k into this marriage...
But I do love her and if its gonna kept her happy I guess it will all be worth it in the future (i hope)..
Tony
I think spending to much is ridiculous! Spend it on better things! Like your house, a vacatiion, save it for a rainy day!
And btw........LOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nor the size and cost of the ring on her finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously could go on.......but I won't.
And no disrespect to your comment personally.......

rrrr
01-18-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22271&stc=1&d=1169149318
Now that's fuggin' FUNNY!! :D :D
I got married at the County Courthouse annex, 15 bucks and a 5X7 card to fill out and it was done.
Seventeen years later still have a great wife and money in the bank.

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
From student to master in 24 hours. Impressive. :D :D :D

Jetaholic
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Now that's fuggin' FUNNY!! :D :D
I got married at the County Courthouse annex, 15 bucks and a 5X7 card to fill out and it was done.
Seventeen years later still have a great wife and money in the bank.
Yeah...Brown always has the best weddings...

Jetaholic
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I can't take all the credit. The girlfriend helped a bit...

lucky
01-18-2007, 12:21 PM
talking to yourself again brown ?:D

lucky
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Tahoe sounds fun - lets roll to Club Vex :)

BshyBvrGirl
01-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I'd choose Tahoe over Vegas :D

Focker
01-18-2007, 12:31 PM
DID ANYONE GET AN INVITE? :sqeyes:

Kachina26
01-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Wee kirk o' the heather in Vegas, McDonalds for the reception. Been married for 13 years now. Not a chance I'd drop 10's of thousands on a single day. I have a hard time spending over $100 for a rub and tug :eek:

Sleek-Jet
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd choose Tahoe over Vegas :D
Cool... :cool:

whiteworks
01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
you guys have been very helpful I just got done packing her shit and changing the locks;)

BshyBvrGirl
01-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Cool... :cool:
well...now that that's settled....:D

ratso
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
you guys have been very helpful I just got done packing her shit and changing the locks;)
Hey, we're here for you buddy... glad we could help.:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Tony
Anyone else see something wrong with this comment? You should not EXPECT any gifts at a wedding. Just be thankful you have people who want to share the day with you. Jeess!!

rrrr
01-18-2007, 01:14 PM
.......so I'll be into over 30k into this marriage...
Tony
You know what they say....hope in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first...... :eek: :D :D

2Driver
01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
You are not even married yet and you have a fairly large disagreement over moneyand where it is to be spent? On top of that you are seeking advice on a this boating forum?
Drums say danger, safari turn back :D :D :D

Sleek-Jet
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
On top of that you are seeking advice on a this boating forum?
Always a sign of a cry for help... :D

ratso
01-18-2007, 01:28 PM
whiteworks... the "When Did Your Marriage Grenade" thread might make for some good reading material.http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

whiteworks
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Heres the deal The 8k overbudget in question is the only expense that as a couple are taking a hit on. the initial figures were done quite a while ago her pops wants nothing more than to throw us a big wedding. I'm totally cool with her dad and his and her wishes. as a matter of fact I threw some pretty cool ideas in the mix as well "hand rolled cigar bar" "open bar before the ceramony begins". I dont think its right to stick him with more than we discussed originally, so Im trimming some fat. we have been to a lot of weddings together over the past 7 years some were really a good time and others sucked. we have an unspoken rule between us as soon as kool and the gang comes on were out. the things like the chairs and cake just seem like good to places to trim.

whiteworks
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
whiteworks... the "When Did Your Marriage Grenade" thread might make for some good reading material.http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
I read it and really enjoy your tales

Gman
01-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Damn it Ratso you beat me to the punch!:D

ratso
01-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I read it and really enjoy your tales
lmao... Hey, I wish you both the best.:D

chub
01-18-2007, 05:54 PM
OKAY!
These two are friends!
I say, trim what you can, and enjoy the party. I know the kind o party yer throwin. It'll be a great memory for you both. It's money. Go make more!
AGAIN. Congrats and God love you both!

AirtimeLavey
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, their eyes kinda glaze over, and things add up quick. We dropped over $1k just on the rehearsal dinner! The wedding got up there, under 30k (or so I'm told), but more than I would've been content with, but it was really important to her and we had the jack. It was the coolest week having family and friends together and two nights of great parties. I wouldn't trade it, but wouldn't have done it if we couldn't afford it. But then I don't buy $100k boats, and drop $1500 cash per w/e on gas. Good luck. Sounds like you're on a good path. Enjoy. :D

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 06:26 PM
I haven't wasted a dime on marriage. :cool:
I use the money I saved to sit here by myself and surf ***boat in my underwear.

Jbb
01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Or the Santa suit..?

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Or the Santa suit..?
Can't. People might talk.

Jbb
01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Can't. People might talk.
Sometimes Tom,....You just gotta say ...what the fukk....;)

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Alright.... who's the u-boat commander?

photo chick
01-18-2007, 06:43 PM
You're a smart man in my book!!!

photo chick
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Or the Santa suit..?
Oh there you go great idea Brian....Tom Brown for Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbb
01-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Alright.... who's the u-boat commander?
No reference too obscure for Brown ....when he's on his game.....:D

whiteworks
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22271&stc=1&d=1169149318[/QUOTE]
BEST WISHES
this affair had to cost somthing?

Jbb
01-18-2007, 06:49 PM
:D I knew Brown was into them......full figured gals........He's gonna have his hands full there...

TCHB
01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
No Question
Vegas $1000
Party at the house $1000
You can rent our Havasu house for the Month of July $1200 and I will throw in liquor for the month for a extra $200.
$3400 total

acatitude
01-18-2007, 06:55 PM
LMAO only ratso could come up with that logic........ 5 or 6 times :D

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
No reference too obscure for Brown ....when he's on his game.....:D
I see I'm going to have to re-double my efforts. Maybe I'll load up the bong with varsol.

Jbb
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I see I'm going to have to re-double my efforts. Maybe I'll load up the bong with varsol.
scrubbing bubbles!

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
You know you're soaking in it.

Jbb
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
You know you're soaking in it.
Really Madge?.....er.....Tom....................:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
... looks like I'll have to re-double the effort again. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Jbb
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
... looks like I'll have to re-double the effort again. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Quadruple efforts .....are prohibited during any month ending in ary........you know the rules.....:rolleyes:

hoolign
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM
You're a smart man in my book!!!
The 478,000.00 he spent on hookers has me re-thinking Browns investment stratagies! :rolleyes:

Jbb
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
The 478,000.00 he spent on hookers has me re-thinking Browns investment stratagies! :rolleyes:
Do the payments he made with ....monopoly money....really count....:confused:

hoolign
01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Do the payments he made with ....monopoly money....really count....:confused:
If the dumbass w h o r e accepts them...yes!

ibelio
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM
tell him to do it at the bar in the desert out of parker then go boating would be money waaay head

Second "PLACE"
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
This is largely due to an industry that grossly overcharges for their services, in hopes of capitalizing on a guilty father of the bride that feels obligated to pay for her "dream wedding". Of course in comparison, a bitter divorce can potentially cost even more! :eek:

Kilrtoy
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
SAY YES,
HE WILL FLAKE ANYWAYS

Kilrtoy
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM
IS she FOCKIN out of her mind...
be a MAN and say HELL FOCKIN NO....
if she wants to spend teh extra cash put it in the ring...
And people say I was crazy letting my wife buy a DCB

photo chick
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Cheeper than a lot of divorces though with the same pay out!

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 09:07 PM
The last time I was at my friend Nate's place, he had a conversation with his wife that went something like....
"I like this couch." "I'd like to replace it." "What's wrong with this couch? It's a nice leather couch and it's only 2 years old." "It doesn't fit with my ideas for the room."
That's when he turned to me and said, "Well dude, I see I'm buying a new couch."

photo chick
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
The last time I was at my friend Nate's place, he had a conversation with his wife that went something like....
"I like this couch." "I'd like to replace it." "What's wrong with this couch? It's a nice leather couch and it's only 2 years old." "It doesn't fit with my ideas for the room."
That's when he turned to me and said, "Well dude, I see I'm buying a new couch."
And your reply was................................?

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
And your reply was................................?
There was nothing more to say. We did what any men would do. We went to the basement and played billiards.
This is the kind of passive agressiveness that chicks just can't seem to tap into.

photo chick
01-18-2007, 09:17 PM
There was nothing more to say. We did what any men would do. We went to the basement and played billiards.
This is the kind of passive agressiveness that chicks just can't seem to tap into.
wimps!

Kilrtoy
01-18-2007, 09:37 PM
wimps!
No wimp here.....
Weddings are a waste of money, unless your loaded.....
go simple go casual and have a blast and but the money in a house instead

Kilrtoy
01-18-2007, 09:38 PM
WHAT A KISS AZZ.....
take her to Mexico and call it a day:D

photo chick
01-18-2007, 09:40 PM
No wimp here.....
Weddings are a waste of money, unless your loaded.....
go simple go casual and have a blast and but the money in a house instead
I agree with ya Kilr. Waste of money even if you're loaded too I bet! but I was calling Tom & his friend a wimp for giving in to his woman who wanted a new couch!!!:D

Havasu1986
01-18-2007, 09:45 PM
We did the Sandals wedding in Jamaica...5k and all you can drink.

BajaMike
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
The more you spend for the wedding, the shorter the time you will be married. All the chicks want to have the "Princess Di” wedding.
How successful was that one???
Spend the money on the honeymoon and the down payment on your house……not on the bullshit wedding….everyone is so drunk they won’t even remember it.
$100k for a wedding....that's crazy....take control or get rid of the bitch......:idea:

Kilrtoy
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
....take control or get rid of the bitch......:idea:
Last time I said this, Someone said I jumped the shark

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
...I was calling Tom & his friend a wimp for giving in to his woman who wanted a new couch!!!:D
How did I manage to take some responsibility for Nate getting a new couch?

lucky
01-19-2007, 07:00 AM
OKAY!
These two are friends!
I say, trim what you can, and enjoy the party. I know the kind o party yer throwin. It'll be a great memory for you both. It's money. Go make more!
AGAIN. Congrats and God love you both!
Quit sucking ass - there will be enough finger food - lmao

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-19-2007, 07:29 AM
You just have to know how to compromise. I want a new house, so I found one with a 4 bed 3 bath, pool and a 40x75 shop with 3 roll-ups and a bathroom in it. What do you know, Jeff loves the house and is trying to get it for me. He's such a giver :D
Yes, I am a sneaky bitch ;)

Parker Dreamin
01-19-2007, 10:20 AM
We got married at La Quinta Resort and Spa, with 300+ people total. It was a great couple days and it what the wife and her mom wanted. There was nothing but top notch everything and I am sure there were 6 figures spent on everything. Bottom line is that is what they wanted to do and you dont get in the way of a mother daughters wedding plans.
Some people are into big $ weddings, some are into big $ boats, and others are not, to each there own. No need to bash people for spending $ on things they want to do. Enjoy every second of it, we did.

Cole Trickle
01-19-2007, 10:52 AM
We got married at La Quinta Resort and Spa, with 300+ people total. It was a great couple days and it what the wife and her mom wanted. There was nothing but top notch everything and I am sure there were 6 figures spent on everything. Bottom line is that is what they wanted to do and you dont get in the way of a mother daughters wedding plans.
Some people are into big $ weddings, some are into big $ boats, and others are not, to each there own. No need to bash people for spending $ on things they want to do. Enjoy every second of it, we did.
Sounds like you didn't have to foot the 6 figure bill???:) :idea: :devil:

BIGRRNU
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought that as soon as I started reading this thread and was hoping I'd see you chime in. How 'bout a breakdown of cost vs. length of marriage? Ratso or others?
I got married to my high school sweetheart, Dad offered $10,000.00 to elope (in the 80's) But NOOOO I had to have the big deal ran him almost 14K I think. The marriage ran Sept to Dec. Coulda done alot with that dough back then. My now hubby and I have been together for 14 years we spent $50 for the license and $50 for the justice of the peace with a couple of friends on the front lawn of the County building right on San Diego bay. Beautiful and Perfect for us. And I couldn't ever be happier.

rrrr
01-20-2007, 10:22 AM
You just have to know how to compromise. I want a new house, so I found one with a 4 bed 3 bath, pool and a 40x75 shop with 3 roll-ups and a bathroom in it. What do you know, Jeff loves the house and is trying to get it for me. He's such a giver :D
Yes, I am a sneaky bitch ;)
LMFAO!!!!
Did he even bother going in the house?? :D :D

Debbolas
01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Angie is smart :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
LMFAO!!!!
Did he even bother going in the house?? :D :D
He went and looked at the house/shop, I haven't seen it yet. Have an appt. tomorrow. He told me that I didn't need to go look at the shop, just pay close attention to the house. That means either he didn't look closely at the house (like a contractor should have) or there's something in the shop he doesn't want me to see. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

blown dough
01-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
wow sounds like my mom and dad talking

SHOTKALLIN
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
do you own a house?

Parker Dreamin
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Sounds like you didn't have to foot the 6 figure bill???:) :idea: :devil:
Like I said.. it is what the wife and mom wanted so I went with it. If I had that type of coin and it is what we all wanted to do then I would have paid for it. To me a wedding is something very big and done once, so go balls out. TO others that dont think that, no need to hate.....

IN2-IN2MX
01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I already told you YES...as long as Christine comes with the package :D
SAY YES,
HE WILL FLAKE ANYWAYS
Dammit Miguel! Why you gotta burst my bubble? Someone FINALLY proposed to me! :D

centerhill condor
01-21-2007, 05:26 AM
my first wife's first wedding cost over $20k in 1984. The marriage lasted for all of 9 months including seperation. Ours cost about $80 bucks and lasted for 8 years. I still have the flatware from her first marriage and aint that a shame?
they're just delusional..:)
marriage is grand and divorce is a hundred grand.

H20 Toie
01-21-2007, 08:32 AM
hmm...
Wow will you marry me :)

BshyBvrGirl
01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow will you marry me :)
woohoo, my first marriage proposal on ***boat :D
sure, I'll marry ya...what's in it for me :) :D

mike37
01-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Examples:
cake $1000.
chair upgrades $1700.
hors d'oeurves $1700.
dump her if she is recluse about spending now you're doomed to a life of debt