PDA

View Full Version : Aftershock... Boat... Fire... 91 Freeway...

Pussywhippled
01-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I wrote the title of this thread making the words as separate as possible trying not to offend anyone and get them all butt hurt.
So anyways...
Does anybody know what ever happened with the overall outcome of the guy who had the burned up Aftershock. He parked his burnt boat and truck on the side of the 91 fwy and hang up banners about the boat and Aftershock.
I remember something about the " the gas fills" and I also heard something about him having no insurance on the boat.
I don't know why I thought of this... Sue me.
Anybody?

Screemy1
01-18-2007, 07:34 PM
bump.... now I am curious too......

shadow
01-18-2007, 07:37 PM
You must be talking about the crispy Cat!
I assumed he was still living out there.:D I also wonder what ever became of that deal?

bchbum
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Should we call Aftershock & ask them ?

throttlejunkie
01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
whatchu talkin bout Willis?

phebus
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
That whole story sounded fishy. No insurance on the boat, who rigged what?
Then poof, the thread is gone..............

Pussywhippled
01-18-2007, 08:47 PM
But I sawed it wit my owen too I's...

phebus
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh, it happened, I'm just saying it happened to a guy that had no insurance on the boat, and there was a question as to who did what to the boat during the rigging process.

Pussywhippled
01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I remember that too... Something about the fuel fills.
Oh, it happened, I'm just saying it happened to a guy that had no insurance on the boat, and there was a question as to who did what to the boat during the rigging process.

shockwaveharry
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I heard he was given a replacement boat with the upgrade to external fuel fills at no extra charge, and a free 525/ITS for his trouble... NOT!
ALOT of mistakes were made by ALL involved from what I remember.

shockwaveharry
01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Fuel fill in the engine compartment? Help me out here Harry since you work on those hi $ autos..QUESTION...if he were to run his exhaust back into the fuel fills, thus putting pressure in the fuel tanks, therefore sending more fuel pressure to the motor, would that work the same as fuel injection???:D I'll bet he thought of it first.
Rio:rolleyes:
In my professional opinion, it would work BETTER than fuel injection! Not only that, you would eliminate the need for a mechanical fuel pump and free up hidden horsepower! However, we all know that more power = more heat and with all that extra heat channeled directly into the fuel tank, you would run the risk of vapor lock. I'll leave it to those guys to work out the bugs, since they have been burning up the water in the past... :rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I remember the orriginal thread as well, and wonder about the outcome. Somebody HAS to have some info on it.
All dude deserved IMO from the story as it fleshed out, was the cold shoulder.
Dude's story started unraveling pretty quickly as people with connections checked things out with friends/contacts.
Memory says Aftershoch sold him a hull, bare, with fuel tanks in it, everything else was done 3rd-party (rigged out), not only no insurance, but never registered, and like 3 or 4 years old.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Yep, "Profits Over Safety" thread is gona, yanked apparently, but here is a side-thread that stayed off the radar screen.:
The side-thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57919&page=2&highlight=aftershock+fire)