PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice?

LuckyDaze
01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Is it just me or are boats getting bigger and bigger? Do they consider these big boats "***boats?" When I think of a ***boat I think of a small boat with lots of engine that makes a lot of noise and scares your passanger. Whats with these boats that keep getting bigger and bigger? One of em sunk my dad in his challenger a couple of years back and didn't even stop to see what was up. (He was floating down river when a twin engine boat passed him 15 feet away at 80 mph) It also seems as though its a big boat vs small boat attitude out there. I always thought we were out at the river for the same thing which was to have fun.
Anyone notice a difference in the people driving small boats vs the big boats? Or is it just me?
~Brian

Devilman
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Going out on a limb here, LOL, but to me it seems to be either a lack of experience or a lack of plain old common courtesy. Don't have a lot of the "big" boats around here, but I've seen the behaviour which you describe displayed by clowns in fishing boats, jetskis, etc.... One of the last gatherings we attended though, there were boats of all shapes & sizes. Some of the peeps hanging out by us on the beach, had "big" boats & were cool as hell. By which I mean they were aware of the people around them & didn't come in plowing a bigass wake or keep cruising back & forth wrecking all the smaller boats that were tied along the beach there.
Then there were the ones that everybody hates & likes to bash. :D Not really the size of the boat I guess, but the size of the asshole behind the wheel. :D

Blown Income
01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah its kind of like long travel cars at the desert. If you spend alot on your toys than you're allowed to ruin everybody else's weekend!!

OverKill
01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes I had the same thing happen to me last season. So I got in front of this stupid idiot and put up my huge ROOSTER and flooded his openbow. WoW what fun that was. Thats why you go Hydraulic with 32 different tail settings it's the 32nd one that always gets them. :) :) :) :)

centerhill condor
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
sounds like a rice rocket vs. harley thing to me.
Americans love bigger and bigger...

MWJSOne
01-18-2007, 06:22 PM
The Bigger the boat the more booze and not giving a crap about those around you make for One Big A Hole.

Moneypitt
01-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Huge boats in lakes and rivers, are like super loud, "boom ditty boom" stereos, or trucks lifted 4 feet that never see anything close to dirt. They can't help it, it's "Compensating" for other "short comings". Either mentally, or physically, and an unending desire to show everyone how much money they have access to, ie: loans for more than some of us paid for our houses!!! ........MP

LuckyDaze
01-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I guess I just needed to vent and see who had similar situations like me. I agree its not always the boat but the a-hole behind the wheel... It just seems that the big expensive boats carry the big expensive buttholes. Im out there to have fun ya know? I don't care if your out there in an aluminum flat bottom fishing boat with a trolling motor... Let's play shoes and have a bbq ya know?
However, I do find it nice to see that there are some freeboard challenged people out there like me. :)

Mike D..
01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah its kind of like long travel cars at the desert. If you spend alot on your toys than you're allowed to ruin everybody else's weekend!!
Don`t you have both, big boat and a long travel car??::confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
VERY TRUE!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Huge boats in lakes and rivers, are like super loud, "boom ditty boom" stereos, or trucks lifted 4 feet that never see anything close to dirt. They can't help it, it's "Compensating" for other "short comings".
I have to disagree with you MP!!! If its too loud then your too old!!:D :D :D You might want to add some thru transom ehaust on your boat to quiet it down:D

Tom Brown
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, the big boat guys think they own the river. Damn supremists. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the big boat guys think they own the river. Damn supremists. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Oh damn, there goes the hood. T Brown is in the house:D
Wassup brotha? How ya been? Havent seen ya in a few. How was the trip?

Bense468
01-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Is it just me or are boats getting bigger and bigger?
~Brian
Yep boats are getting bigger and NO its not just you. I've noticed for about 20 years now.

Moneypitt
01-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I have to disagree with you MP!!! If its too loud then your too old!!:D :D :D You might want to add some thru transom ehaust on your boat to quiet it down:D
If you are inconsiderate enough to blast SHIT music at an intersection, you are probably just as inconsiderate while boating. I was listening to loud music
before
you were born, but there was alot more to it than Pounding bass and
some asshole that can't sing yelling insults. As far as my exhaust goes, (7 boats) if I aint forcing you to hear it, what's your beef? I don't
drive any of my boats up next to you at a signal and rev my engine. I don't need the attention, I'm not compensating for anything.............MP:rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
If you are inconsiderate enough to blast SHIT music at an intersection, you are probably just as inconsiderate while boating. I was listening to loud music
before
you were born, but there was alot more to it than Pounding bass and
some asshole that can't sing yelling insults. As far as my exhaust goes, (7 boats) if I aint forcing you to hear it, what's your beef? I don't
drive any of my boats up next to you at a signal and rev my engine. I don't need the attention, I'm not compensating for anything.............MP:rolleyes:
Why is my music shit? Is it because you dont like it? WHat type of music are you referring to? I run dry headers on my rigs so I love the people that bitch about my pounding system in my ride and my boat:p
I was jerking ya chain MP, damn why you gotta get all defensive and shit:D Take some riddlin and calm down brotha:D Its all good, no hard feelings brotha. I was just playing with ya;) ITS WINTER AND I WANNA BOAT DAMMIT:cry:
_Spit

Moneypitt
01-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Why is my music shit? Is it because you dont like it? WHat type of music are you referring to? I run dry headers on my rigs so I love the people that bitch about my pounding system in my ride and my boat:p
I was jerking ya chain MP, damn why you gotta get all defensive and shit:D Take some riddlin and calm down brotha:D Its all good, no hard feelings brotha. I was just playing with ya;) ITS WINTER AND I WANNA BOAT DAMMIT:cry:
_Spit
You know, I tried to explain it, but deleted it. If you can't see how wrong those actions are, on the street, or the water, then there is no way to explain it to you........sorry, MP

centerhill condor
01-20-2007, 03:37 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/97Powell.JPGpersonally, I'd like a bigger, wider, and more powerful boat...yea, mainly for sleeping, hanging out and munchies! I've never really understood the big stereo on a boat?! you just have to get a louder exhaust.;)