PDA

View Full Version : Crossed over to >>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
DIRECT TV, and so far so good. Picture quality is far superior to NPG cable. It is still new to us and there are so many options such as picture format, resolution, and the ever confusing guide but we'll get used to it I hope, there were a few like sharp electrical sounds (loud hissing and static) and then the picture sort of messed up breifly last nite though?? Went with the HD package since it was all for free, now I have to buy an HD TV. Any qualified recommendations?? I like Samsung and have always had very good luck with Toshiba products. Any way glad to have finally switched over, thanks to all who said do it. NSF

blown65
01-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I love my 60" Sony SXRD. Its mated up with a DTV HD reciever also.
HD-DVD and Bluray looks great on it too. (its a sickness.)

Todd969
01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey Bobby, I also have Direct HD. You're welcome to come by and take a look at our setup.
Todd

HocusPocus
01-19-2007, 11:03 AM
i have had dtv since the first week it came out and i really enjoy it. i was told that the picture getting messed up sometimes is caused by sunspots??

Not So Fast
01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
i have had dtv since the first week it came out and i really enjoy it. i was told that the picture getting messed up sometimes is caused by sunspots??
Thanks Todd, as I mentioned I'm all set up for it so all I need to do is buy a new TV and I'm reseaching now. I like the DLP but am worried about the burnout rate of the bulbs. What did you go with for a TV? NSF

Todd969
01-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks Todd, as I mentioned I'm all set up for it so all I need to do is buy a new TV and I'm reseaching now. I like the DLP but am worried about the burnout rate of the bulbs. What did you go with for a TV? NSF
Sony XBR 55" I like it, but to each their own. You can cruise by and look at the picture.

Not So Fast
01-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Sony XBR 55" I like it, but to each their own. You can cruise by and look at the picture.
Thanks Todd, Obviously I put in the wrong qoute:) I was thinking about going big like a 70" cause after all its like motors and tits, they are good for now but you will want bigger sooner or later:D Bobby

Beer-30
01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Search here on "plasma". There have been some real nice threads lately with great info.
Stick with a name brand you can trust. You get what you pay for.
The pops and squiggles are probably from the weather you are currently experiencing. The one draw back to dish is foul weather.

Parker Dreamin
01-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Sony SXRD 50" Directv DVR-HD with HDMI connection..... one of the best pictures I have seen and love it.

Jyruiz
01-19-2007, 02:15 PM
If you are worried about the bulbs, Samsung has a 56" DLP that uses LED's with a conservative life of 20,000 hours. If that is not big enough, their 61" will be out later this year.

Jyruiz
01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks Todd, Obviously I put in the wrong qoute:) I was thinking about going big like a 70" cause after all its like motors and tits, they are good for now but you will want bigger sooner or later:D Bobby
Replied before I saw this. If you want something in the 70" rear projection, then there is no choice but to go with a lamp base TV. Hope you sit more than 12' away though, even in HD you will see artifacts on the screen with that size TV, worse when you are not watching HD.

Not So Fast
01-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Replied before I saw this. If you want something in the 70" rear projection, then there is no choice but to go with a lamp base TV. Hope you sit more than 12' away though, even in HD you will see artifacts on the screen with that size TV, worse when you are not watching HD.
Thanks Juan, good info. My son just bought a new 61" Samsung DLP-HD and I really like it so maybe thats the direction I'll go and just get an extended warranty?? NSF

Jyruiz
01-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks Juan, good info. My son just bought a new 61" Samsung DLP-HD and I really like it so maybe thats the direction I'll go and just get an extended warranty?? NSF
Make sure you get an extended warranty that will cover the bulb, a lot of them don't. Actually, ask to see the contract and make sure it is stated on there.

MBlaster
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Costco has the new Vizio 47 LCD 1080p for 1650 with the 250 coupon.
Can't beat that anywhere on the planet, and you get the costco warranty FTW.