PDA

View Full Version : Where are the boats Don Minegar built in the 60's?

vdriver4ever
05-16-2003, 05:52 AM
My Dad (Don Minegar) built over a hundred v-drives out of San Jose Ca in the mid 60's to mid 70's. He built mostly Aqua Crafts, Wickens, Stevens and a few Kinsvater's. He was with Tom Whaley and they had "Whaley and Minegar Custom Boats. Later to become Don Minegar Custom Boats. Ironicly Tom and his wife live in Idaho as well as my folks. They have rekindled a forty year old friendship. They love talking about the old days when they both had fast boats. My brother has a Rayson Craft and I own a Nordskog. My dad still loves getting behind the wheel of one of them. He would enjoy hearing about one of his boats still on the water.
[ May 17, 2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: vdriver4ever ]

superdave013
05-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Hey vdriver, welcome to the forum. Your dad's boats pop up from time to time here. You might want to get a copy of the River Rats tape from forum member V Drive Video. It has some classic old boats in it and your dad would enjoy watching it too.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9River_Rats.jpg

vdriver4ever
05-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks SuperDave. I have been an active reader and enjoyed the pictures for some time now. After reading all the interest in some of the history of v-drive boats I decided to give some input. How do I get a hold of the video?
I have a bunch of old photos myself. Once I figure out how to scan and post I will get after it. I have raced everything from stock cars to snowmoblies and still can catch the thrill of dancing a boat accross the water at speeds.

Kindsvater Flat
05-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Click the video link below and you will find all the info you need to order. Both mail order and credit card orders.

CircleJerk
05-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Hey, welcome, and you're in Idaho! Any chance you can drag your Dad to the Banks Lake Racer Reunion Race? I would love to converse with you and Dad. Maybe a ride in an H2OCraft would entise him, {around the race course, of course}! I will leave you my phone number in the Personal Mail box. Have you guys made the short trek to Burley Idaho for the races in June? JeRkoUt

CircleJerk
05-17-2003, 09:28 AM
I forgot, smile_sp you and your Dad are eligible for the VIP passes to our races with a special twist on honoring those who dedicated themselves to building or racing our beloved boats! It's Free and includes a dinner, drinks, bench racing, scrapbook fanfare and bad boats blasting 12 hours a day and into the night. Yes, NO mufflers are required. That's June 14-15, send me your address if you would like more info and passes! YourjErKnEsS..... smile_sp PS: Harlan Orrin, Fallbrook Calif.{tooler}, will be the Master of Ceremonies and Bench racing extraordinare!

vdriver4ever
05-19-2003, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the invite.... I have passed the information onto my Dad and Mom. I have a stock car race that weekend in Twin Falls Idaho so I am not sure I can make it?
Yes I have attended several of the Burley Boat races. "Raing on the snake" is a cool event. I have wanted to tow my 71 Nordskog down to it just for display but haven't got it done yet. That race always seems to fall on a weekend I am tied up with some thing. they do put one one hell of a show there. Thanks again for the invite and we have to make it to one of these events..

CircleJerk
05-24-2003, 09:51 AM
I have just hear the rumor that Don WILL be in Washington during the Reunion race! Is that cool or what? Who knows, he may recognize one or more of his boats. They all come from California dont they? We dont have to trailer them as far as Snowbird though. Or is that SnowBoat, sorry Ken. vdriverforever thanks for your connection and we will atempt to keep your Dad from being run over while our boats are moving to the ramp! He does like looking at the underwater gear, doesnt he? Seriously, he will be a very special guest and have a ball! I insist! Call me anytime, you might get to tease the BlondeBomber... smile_sp