PDA

View Full Version : adultery is felony in MI

centerhill condor
01-20-2007, 04:01 AM
make note to self! :sqeyes:
DETROIT, United States (AFP) - Philanderers beware: spouses caught cheating in Michigan could end up spending the rest of their life in prison.
And not the emotional kind.
The state's appeals court recently ruled that extramarital flings can be prosecuted as first-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony punishable by up to life in jail.
"We cannot help but question whether the Legislature actually intended the result we reach here today," Judge William Murphy wrote in a unanimous Court of Appeals panel, "but we are curtailed by the language of the statute from reaching any other conclusion."
"Technically," he added, "any time a person engages in sexual penetration in an adulterous relationship, he or she is guilty of CSC I," the most serious sexual assault charge in the state's criminal code.
Michigan still lists adultery as a felony, although no one has been convicted of the offense since 1971.

SUPER STRANGLER
01-20-2007, 05:01 AM
It's a required pass time here

RiverOtter
01-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Well, I guess the peeps that visit this board are screwed :D

ratso
01-20-2007, 07:13 AM
make note to self! :sqeyes:
DETROIT, United States (AFP) - Philanderers beware: spouses caught cheating in Michigan could end up spending the rest of their life in prison.
And not the emotional kind.
The state's appeals court recently ruled that extramarital flings can be prosecuted as first-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony punishable by up to life in jail.
"We cannot help but question whether the Legislature actually intended the result we reach here today," Judge William Murphy wrote in a unanimous Court of Appeals panel, "but we are curtailed by the language of the statute from reaching any other conclusion."
"Technically," he added, "any time a person engages in sexual penetration in an adulterous relationship, he or she is guilty of CSC I," the most serious sexual assault charge in the state's criminal code.
Michigan still lists adultery as a felony, although no one has been convicted of the offense since 1971.
We need to put a stop to this madness!:jawdrop:

centerhill condor
01-20-2007, 07:18 AM
We need to put a stop to this madness!:jawdrop:
Ratso...stay out of michigan...:)

LeE ss13
01-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Look on the bright side .... if we used the jails in Nevada and Arizona, we could cut the population of California by 50%. Housing could be affordable again !!!! Or maybe not.

RitcheyRch
01-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Double post
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138696

Wet Dream
01-20-2007, 07:48 AM
Michigan uses this as an add on to other felony charges. It sounds like a mess, but it is NOT automatic felony for infidelity.

EmpirE231
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I like it.... cali should pick this up!

CA Stu
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
What if you just rammed it in her dirty hole?
Isn't that a misdemeanor?
I mean, da more you miss, da meaner they get.
Thanks
CA Stu

beerjet
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds like another vagina run state . Not to mention another reason woman should hold out on sex . :notam: Or use there vagina as a bargining tool.