PDA

View Full Version : GM pushing gas engines?

cc322
01-20-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.whygasengines.com/
That was a good ad. Did you order their free travel mug? I did, & asked them to put FORD on it :-)

Jim W
01-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I just did the calculator thingie...
Put in,
13,000 miles a year
2.75 for diesel
2.30 for gas
Came back saying I would save $10,000 per year going with a gas engine?????
How the F--- can that be???
Be good, Jim

Havasu1986
01-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I just did the calculator thingie...
Put in,
13,000 miles a year
2.75 for diesel
2.30 for gas
Came back saying I would save $10,000 per year going with a gas engine?????
How the F--- can that be???
Be good, Jim
Don't you need to factor in MPG to figure a savings?

cc322
01-20-2007, 09:42 AM
If you read the fine print they are taking into account the upfront cost of the diesel motor over the gas. Not really a fair compairson

RiverToysJas
01-20-2007, 09:49 AM
That was a good ad. Did you order their free travel mug? I did, & asked them to put FORD on it :-)
The name on the mug doesn't matter.. it's made by Chevy, so at least it won't leak fluid. ;)
RTJas :D

cc322
01-20-2007, 09:52 AM
The name on the mug doesn't matter.. it's made by Chevy, so at least it won't leak fluid. ;)
RTJas :D
:yuk:.... Where the heck you been Jason, you to good for us regular posters now?;)

HammerDown
01-20-2007, 12:59 PM
If you read the fine print they are taking into account the upfront cost of the diesel motor over the gas. Not really a fair compairson
Why not? It'll take a Loooooooong time to recoup the cost of that Diesel engine. And God forbid something happens to that Diesel out of warrantee $$$$$$$:sqeyes: There goes any little savings one made with mpg.

Tom Brown
01-20-2007, 01:06 PM
What happened to the common rail diesel engines that were set to launch when the low sulfur fuel? The manufacturers all have diesel engines that run on ULSD in Europe. Why aren't we seeing them?
I heard Dodge made a CRD available in the Jeep but I've never seen one and I've heard it gets poor fuel economy at a high initial cost premium. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/confused.gif

blown65
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
We all know gas rigs tow so much better too, and get much better fuel mileage when doing so.
Sorry, but our 20k lb stacker trailer would suck to be towed behind some gas rig. lol

Jim W
01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
We all know gas rigs tow so much better too, and get much better fuel mileage when doing so.
Sorry, but our 20k lb stacker trailer would suck to be towed behind some gas rig. lol
Well, thats part of what I dont get.
The calculator lists the Topkick and Kodiac as the choices...Why would you EVER put a gas engine into those trucks?????
Also, I dont have a clue what the diesel engine cost is for the Topkick/Kodiac but even at $10,000 where did they come up with a savings of $10,000 per year?????? With diesel being higher priced than gas-----but getting better fuel mileage it's pretty much a wash there.....Wheres the savings????
Be good, Jim