PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever gotten a letter from the air resorce board?

YeLLowBoaT
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I got one today... stating that My fiat is emiting excessive smoke... some one reported me... It lists the street and the day of the report ... I know why it was smoking, some dummy( IE me) changed the oil and didn't put the fill cap on all the way and it fell off :D cuasing the cam to throw oil all over the engine bay and the exhasut man, which cuased the smoke. Now I've got to fill out some forms and call them on monday...:rolleyes:
This is the part I love... it was reported on june 6th 2006... and the letter is dated Jan 18th 2007.... way to stay on top of things guys...:D

HCS
01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
That's f'n crazy.
They'll will probably fine you for clean up disposal fees.

YeLLowBoaT
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
that may be true... I remember what happend now... I had a blown head gasket :D

wsuwrhr
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I received one 8 years ago or so for my Valiant.
A rear axle seal was leaking and smoke came out from the wheelwells when the brakes got hot. I had to drive it for a couple weeks like that because I didn't have any other cars running at the time.
I couldn't believe it. I don't remember having to call anyone or fill out any forms, although that doesn't mean I was supposed to.
Brian
I got one today... stating that My fiat is emiting excessive smoke... some one reported me... It lists the street and the day of the report ... I know why it was smoking, some dummy( IE me) changed the oil and didn't put the fill cap on all the way and it fell off :D cuasing the cam to throw oil all over the engine bay and the exhasut man, which cuased the smoke. Now I've got to fill out some forms and call them on monday...:rolleyes:
This is the part I love... it was reported on june 6th 2006... and the letter is dated Jan 18th 2007.... way to stay on top of things guys...:D