PDA

View Full Version : Scammed By Tom @ Jetboatperformance !

beerjet
01-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the great price and your great customer service .
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c290/beerjet/trailerpics011.jpg
Everything worked out great .
-beerjet-

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Right on Omar;) Glad Tom hooked you up. Tom is a good guy and he is funny as hell on the phone. Always a pleasure to deal with;)
_Spit

Duane HTP
01-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Tom is a knowledgable man in the jet boat pump business. We buy and sell some of each others parts. Good people to do business with.

Jetaholic
01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
-beerjet-
So I see someone else had to steal my idea...
:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Tom is a knowledgable man in the jet boat pump business. We buy and sell some of each others parts. Good people to do business with.
Now this is going to raise a few eyebows:idea:
Funny how you mentioned that Duane. I was talking to Tom a few days ago and he said the same thing;) He also spoke highly of you as well Duane;) Good to see that some shop colaberate to help the fellow jetters;)
_Spit

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-20-2007, 04:42 PM
WHat idea?? If it wasnt Ronjanes then it wasnt good enough:rolleyes:

beerjet
01-20-2007, 07:42 PM
I had a little issue with the diverter goin up and down only a handfull of times and then it quit working . So I called Tom and he was very helpful and just wanted to make sure that I was happy with the product. A few dirty words and some lube (As suggested by Tom) and the connection was made.
Thanks again to Tom .
-beerjet-

jetboatperformance
01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks Omar, & thanks everyone else, and thanks Duane for the kind words. First we @JBP hold Duane and Hi-Tech in the highest esteem. Duane has been and continues to be a solid trusted businessman and a leader/innovator in this industry. Duane and I spoke early this week for nearly an hour and actually talked about releasing a kind of "joint statement" regarding this thread and the apparent vitriolic mean spirited smear campaign against him, his good name and his business. He doesn't deserve it. I have always believed that If you have a problem or a question regarding a business transaction you go discreetly to the source and make an intelligent concerted effort to resolve it.
Actually my first transaction with Duane, almost 13 years ago, was for Hi-Tech Red pump grease. I got stupid and ended up with a "gross" when I only wanted a six pack. When I protested (my fault), Duane "compt" me the whole case.
I'm sure most all of you realize that Duane and myself (and a lot of others in this industry) work 6.5 days a week, and often 12 hrs a day, especially during the "season" to get work done and parts out. Most of my days are spent on the phone, net and forums giving tech help, information and advice, trying to help, and yes, selling parts. That's how we all pay the bills. None have a lot of time to sit around dreaming up "evil natharious" plots to actually "scam" or "steal" from anyone. We just love this business, enjoy and consider ourselves fortunate to work and make a living in it, and deeply appreciate our good and loyal customers and friends.
I, like someone recently said before me regarding this issue, have "looked on" this situation with curious interest over the past month, but finally felt compelled to make a statement.
Thanks to everyone for allowing me to put in my two cents worth.
Tom
Jet Boat Performance, Marine parts, service and sales

beerjet
01-20-2007, 08:11 PM
What amazes me is that people still take these threads numorous pages deep with people who will not state there claim . I have said my fair share about double douche and I think I've said too much . For your tireless efforts (and Duanes ) on the internet I thought I would say Thank You guys for all your help.
-beerjet-

Duane HTP
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I think I can say thank you for both Tom and Me. We are in the business because we love it. Tom hit the nail on the head. It's a wonderful feeling to do what we love and make a living at it too. THANKS TO ALL!
Tom and I have both got some new products coming out that we have helped developed. He can tell about his. and I'll tell about mine.
Later,

OKIE-JET
01-20-2007, 10:04 PM
You just wait till Ronjane finds out.....you guys are in deep shit!:D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Thanks Omar, & thanks everyone else, and thanks Duane for the kind words. First we @JBP hold Duane and Hi-Tech in the highest esteem. Duane has been and continues to be a solid trusted businessman and a leader/innovator in this industry. Duane and I spoke early this week for nearly an hour and actually talked about releasing a kind of "joint statement" regarding this thread and the apparent vitriolic mean spirited smear campaign against him, his good name and his business. He doesn't deserve it. I have always believed that If you have a problem or a question regarding a business transaction you go discreetly to the source and make an intelligent concerted effort to resolve it.
Actually my first transaction with Duane, almost 13 years ago, was for Hi-Tech Red pump grease. I got stupid and ended up with a "gross" when I only wanted a six pack. When I protested (my fault), Duane "compt" me the whole case.
I'm sure most all of you realize that Duane and myself (and a lot of others in this industry) work 6.5 days a week, and often 12 hrs a day, especially during the "season" to get work done and parts out. Most of my days are spent on the phone, net and forums giving tech help, information and advice, trying to help, and yes, selling parts. That's how we all pay the bills. None have a lot of time to sit around dreaming up "evil natharious" plots to actually "scam" or "steal" from anyone. We just love this business, enjoy and consider ourselves fortunate to work and make a living in it, and deeply appreciate our good and loyal customers and friends.
I, like someone recently said before me regarding this issue, have "looked on" this situation with curious interest over the past month, but finally felt compelled to make a statement.
Thanks to everyone for allowing me to put in my two cents worth.
Tom
Jet Boat Performance, Marine parts, service and sales
Man, are you gonna get hate-e-mail for THAT! :eek:
Welcome to the craziness Tom, my best to you. ;)

HammerDown
01-21-2007, 06:45 AM
WHat idea?? If it wasnt Ronjanes then it wasnt good enough:rolleyes:
Ok, so I see where this thread is heading...:rolleyes:

old rigger
01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Someone fill me in, what was Jetaholic's idea on this set up?
Oh by the way, I've never dealt with either Duane or Tom, but have always heard good things about them and would deal with them in heart beat if I had a jet. I have dealt with, and seen many 'jet' guys come and go since the '60s, some I wish I'd never met. This is a VERY small industry, made even smaller today with the net. What took a year or so back in the day for the word to get around to stay away from so-and-so, now takes a week. You don't last in the boat biz as long as they have with out good reason.

beerjet
01-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Someone fill me in, what was Jetaholic's idea on this set up?
It's in referance to the title .
-beerjet-

old rigger
01-21-2007, 08:07 AM
It's in referance to the title . -beerjet-
Oh, how creative.:)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh by the way, I've never dealt with either Duane or Tom, but have always heard good things about them and would deal with them in heart beat if I had a jet. I have dealt with, and seen many 'jet' guys come and go since the '60s, some I wish I'd never met. This is a VERY small industry, made even smaller today with the net. What took a year or so back in the day for the word to get around to stay away from so-and-so, now takes a week. You don't last in the boat biz as long as they have with out good reason.
Unfortunately, it is getting smaller with the recent losses of people like Don Bowers and Tom Papp, also 2 gentlemen who I never met or had any dealings with, but who were apparently solid mainstays in an industry that is less rich for their absence. I sure hope their sucessors can carry on and build upon their traditions.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Tom and I have both got some new products coming out that we have helped developed. He can tell about his. and I'll tell about mine.
Later,
Now Duane, ya HAD to bring Later into it didn't ya. We don't need the "sunk the jet boat" thread over here. ;) :D

Bigern
01-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I have spoken with both and they have been very helpful, these guys help a lot of us do it yourselfers. :)

jdf
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
because they are great at with they do thank you guy's tom will be needing some help on the hydro

jetboatperformance
01-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Smokin' appreciate the warm welcome,Hey to Bigern& Jdf were happy to be here ,hope we can contibute in a positive way. Rich (OR) sent you a "newby" today with Miller stringer questions needs your expertise Hope you dont mind Thanks Tom ,Josh & Rhonda

n8dawg
01-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Here's how cool Tom (and family) is... I've never bought one thing from the guy and everytime I go up to the lake we'll always run into eachother and end up shooting the shit for hours and hours. Even inviting us into his shop!
Tom, your a stand up guy.
To everybody else.... we gotta get this guy out to the river this year for the "unofficial FC7"!!!
Here's to JBP...:coffeycup

LuckyDaze
01-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Tom is a great guy. He lets me pick his brains whenever I have a question. Thats why I end up ordering from him when I get my dough together. My next purchase will be a jet o vator for my miller. My pop's deals with Duane as well and speaks very highly of him also. Although I haven't done any business with Duane I wouldn't hesitate in the least bit if he had something that Tom couldn't get me. lol :D
Your boats lookin good!
~Brian

Sanger Jet
01-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Duane and Brian did a nice job on my pump...OVER 2 years ago !!!
Last spring I built a 532 stroker with considerably more power than I had before and I NEVER QUESTIONED whether my pump could handle it because it was done correct the FIRST TIME. (thats all I have to say about that)

BarryMac
01-24-2007, 08:00 AM
-beerjet-
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have a million of them but I'll only bore you guys with one today :D . Why the studs holding the droop and not regular hex head bolts? :confused: Thanks

Taylorman
01-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have a million of them but I'll only bore you guys with one today :D . Why the studs holding the droop and not regular hex head bolts? :confused: Thanks
Much easier to remove and install when changing wedges.

BarryMac
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Much easier to remove and install when changing wedges.
Thenks for the reply!!! :D

Jet Boat Performance
01-24-2007, 11:14 AM
barrymac the studs also eliminate wear and tear on the bowl threads when changing out hardware on a regular basis plus what Randy said RE wedges etc. Tom

BarryMac
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
barrymac the studs also eliminate wear and tear on the bowl threads when changing out hardware on a regular basis plus what Randy said RE wedges etc. Tom
Do you loctite the studs in so they wont back out? Seems like a really good idea to quickly remove my droop so I can shoot grease into the Zerk in the Bowl.

jetboatperformance
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Barrymac , We don't, but if you do use blue loctite, however they do end up going quite a ways in and i doub't they would back out or loosen Tom
BTW probably goes without saying but Stainless all thread makes quick easy and cheap studs or if you want to go nuts get ARP carb studs;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-24-2007, 02:25 PM
theboltdepot.com has alot of stainless and killer customer service! Look under socket head studs. They have allen head studs ;)
_Spitter

Duane HTP
01-24-2007, 06:47 PM
One other reason for studs over bolts. As you add more wedges, the bolts will bend to fit the amount of wedge used. After these bolts bend, it makes them hard to take back out and re install. On the other hand, the studs bend to fit the wedges and then stay that way making wedge changes much simpler.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
One other reason for studs over bolts. As you add more wedges, the bolts will bend to fit the amount of wedge used. After these bolts bend, it makes them hard to take back out and re install. On the other hand, the studs bend to fit the wedges and then stay that way making wedge changes much simpler.
Very good point Duane;)