PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at Calico..........................

racecar.hotshoe
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
We went riding in the canyons and were having fun then we went out to the dry lake bed that when our day went to hell,Mark our 7 yr was in 5th gear pegged and didnt see the ditch he got pitched.He was medi-vaced to Loma Linda.He has a bad concusion,Broke a small bone in his neck popped some blood vessles in is eyes,And his poor little face looks like he went ten rounds with Mike Tyson.I know like the rest of our family he will be fine just pray for him please,Marks

HavasuSelect
01-20-2007, 08:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I can't imagine what you went through.

RitcheyRch
01-20-2007, 08:26 PM
So sorry to hear that. Please keep us updated.

blown dough
01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
That awful, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mrs.rvrluvr
sad to hear this will definatly be thinking of him in our prayers

Windy
7 years old...OMG, how frightening for you. We will be praying for a quick recovery.

rrrr
01-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Hope the little fella heals quickly. Had to be a frightening thing for you and Mom.....

boatnam2
01-20-2007, 08:29 PM
he will be healed and back on the gas before you know it hang in there.

Parker Dreamin
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Stay Strong B U D

racecar.hotshoe
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Thank for all your support this is my Mark
http://myspace-691.vo.llnwd.net/00717/19/67/717077691_l.jpg

HocusPocus
01-20-2007, 08:51 PM
he will be sore for a couple days then he will be back at home driving you nuts asking when he can go riding again. prayers and positive thoughts sent your way.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-20-2007, 09:44 PM
He is a beautiful child. Thank goodness it wasn't worse.
Best wishes going out for a speedy recovery.

phebus
01-20-2007, 09:51 PM
You have had your share of bad luck the last couple of years, best of luck to Mark, and I hope you are over the hump now.

Mrs.Racer277
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Kids heal fast, he will be back on the gas in no time. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Ultracrazy
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Kids heal fast, he will be back on the gas in no time. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Good call.........their little bodies heal fast. Give the little guy a hug from all of us.
SB

Outnumbered
01-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets well soon. I bet he will be asking when he can get back in the saddle before the weekend is up.:)

Forkin' Crazy
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
So sorry to hear that. :( Prayers and best wishes headed your way.

unleashed
01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow sorry to hear about this. This is a parents worst nightmare...I hope for a fast recovery.
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com):devil:

Huckleberry
01-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Sounds like a pretty scary thing for him & your family to go through! My prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery.

DILLIGAF
01-21-2007, 01:48 AM
We went riding in the canyons and were having fun then we went out to the dry lake bed that when our day went to hell,Mark our 7 yr was in 5th gear pegged and didnt see the ditch he got pitched.He was medi-vaced to Loma Linda.He has a bad concusion,Broke a small bone in his neck popped some blood vessles in is eyes,And his poor little face looks like he went ten rounds with Mike Tyson.I know like the rest of our family he will be fine just pray for him please,Marks
Sorry to hear that Mark. I hope he recovers quickly.
Tom

Debbolas
01-21-2007, 07:34 AM
How scary for you guys.....Like you guys need to go to the hospital AGAIN?!?
I'm sorry and hope he will be better soon.
Deb & Matt

racecar.hotshoe
01-21-2007, 07:35 AM
he still cant hold down food.But he want to come home.The first thing out of his mouth was dad please dont sell my quad,The Dr said this season is over for him,I guess when you get a bad concussion and do it again its 10 times worse.I will keep you up to date as I can,Mark

topless
01-21-2007, 07:41 AM
How scary!!! He is in my thoughts and prayers as well. Funny he said please don't sell my quad. Just wait till he's a teenager. I will REALLY pray for you then.

phebus
01-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm sure the quad suffered some damage, so let him make a project of fixing it back up, and maybe doing a little customizing, during the time he can't ride.

Throttle
01-21-2007, 07:52 AM
ouch... sorry to hear bout this, hopefully a full recovery lies in the near future, as our thoughts and prayers will be heard

Flyinbowtie
01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.
They do seem to heal faster when young.:)

HavasuSelect
01-21-2007, 09:19 AM
he still cant hold down food.But he want to come home.The first thing out of his mouth was dad please dont sell my quad,The Dr said this season is over for him,I guess when you get a bad concussion and do it again its 10 times worse.I will keep you up to date as I can,Mark
That's good news, it means he's not scared to get back out there on his quad. Please keep us updated.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Sorry to read it.
I hope for a fast recovery.
Did they check his internals?
Very important.

JetBoatRich
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
WOW:mad: sorry to hear about your son. Hope he has a quick and full recover.
Let us know how he is doing

Caribbean Jet
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope that your son recovers quickly. prayers are with you guys.

Kilrtoy
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
best wishes mark, I know this has to be very hard on the both of you....
Keep us updated

rmarion
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Done!!!!!!!

Daytona100
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Hope your son has a speedy recovery. Best wishes to the whole family accidents suck.

LHC30Victory
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Young children seem to bounce well and heal quicly and completely. We pray that this is the case with your son. We also are praying for you, the parents, so you can provide the emotional strength all of you need at this difficult time.
PM if you think we can help with anything...

yopengo
01-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent.

racecar.hotshoe
01-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all your kind words,We got to bring him home today,He has a fracture in his right eye socket,A bad concussion,a broken bone in his neck,other than that hes good to go.So on we go!Thanks again,Mark

ratso
01-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey Racecar... at that age they bounce back quick. Between me and my son and nephew and all the years of racing, we have more screws and plates and broken bones than I care to remember... Hope he gets to feeling better soon!
We were racing in Dallas one year, and my stepson was in a horrific crash... the paramedics got over to him and put him on a stretcher to airlift him to the hospital... he couldn't feel his legs at that time and my wife was freakin' bad... Heck, 2 weeks later he was back at it again... Those boys are tough and I'm sure he'll be fine.;)

cassandra
01-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh my god I feel so bad for you, my son is 5 and has a power quad for now.

Chipster27
01-22-2007, 03:24 AM
Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Waist Deep
01-22-2007, 05:16 AM
Our daughter got airlifted there when she was 8 after breaking her tibula and fibula on a 50.
The doctors there are awesome and really take care of the kids.
Hope everything works out.

racecar.hotshoe
01-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Hey Racecar... at that age they bounce back quick. Between me and my son and nephew and all the years of racing, we have more screws and plates and broken bones than I care to remember... Hope he gets to feeling better soon!
We were racing in Dallas one year, and my stepson was in a horrific crash... the paramedics got over to him and put him on a stretcher to airlift him to the hospital... he couldn't feel his legs at that time and my wife was freakin' bad... Heck, 2 weeks later he was back at it again... Those boys are tough and I'm sure he'll be fine.;)
Thanks Ratso,I think I hurt more for him than I does for himself.He's ready to ride now,But I told hin the Dr said all the jelly needs to go back in the jar first....lol.Mark

OGShocker
01-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Sorry to hear this bro. My 10 year old was just doing the same thing last weekend and I was scared. He has not hurt himself yet so he has no fear yet. I often wonder if I should keep them in a bubble!! My 5 year old is nuts too. And they wonder why I drink!!
Good luck and hope he feels better.

racecar.hotshoe
01-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Sorry to hear this bro. My 10 year old was just doing the same thing last weekend and I was scared. He has not hurt himself yet so he has no fear yet. I often wonder if I should keep them in a bubble!! My 5 year old is nuts too. And they wonder why I drink!!
Good luck and hope he feels better.
Hes been riding for 5 years and this is his second tumble,You would think he would slow down but NO.Maybe it makes him a little more aware of his surroundings(sp)Time will tell.

lucky
01-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Wow - Sry to hear - Hope he is doing Better - thoughts and Prayer's Good looking kid -- Get him back on the Bike soon !

Miss BK
01-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Sure hope he's doing better today! I know just how scary and heartbreaking it is when we have something terrible happen to our children. The rest of the world suddenly shuts off and nothing becomes more important than whatever it takes to see them healthy again. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
My best wishes to you and your family!
BK~

Baja Big Dog
01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Ill bet you cant even recall how many times your said "why couldnt it be me that got hurt".....
No pain greater than when your kids are hurt.
A pat on the back, it sounds like he had all the right safty gear on to prevent any more serious injury. (not discounting the seriousness of his injuries)

BDMar
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear about this Mark. Gratefull that it sounds like he will be fine. Keep us informed about his recovery.

lewiville
01-22-2007, 08:53 AM
well, it happens to the best of us and them, I know first hand. I can hardly stay on a bike. :D
Dad, you better head down and get a PSII. Its gonna be a lot of couch time for the both of you.
Sorry to hear that, prayers to ya

racecar.hotshoe
01-22-2007, 09:54 AM
well, it happens to the best of us and them, I know first hand. I can hardly stay on a bike. :D
Dad, you better head down and get a PSII. Its gonna be a lot of couch time for the both of you.
Sorry to hear that, prayers to ya
Im a Baller we got a PS3............:D

nodigg
01-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Can't imagine what you are going through. Hope he heals up quickly with no lasting ill effects.

Tahiti350
01-22-2007, 10:01 AM
And just in case you haven't already done so,
THROW THAT HELMET IN THE TRASH AND BUY A NEW ONE!!!!:sqeyes:
It's done it's job, and has suffered damage that may not be obvious to the naked eye. The crush pads have been comprimised, and the shell will have stress fractures, and if needed again it won't provide the same protection.:eek:
The Doc is right about concusions, each one builds damage on top of the previous ones, look at boxers's and some football players, after enough head hits they get a little goofy... One good (there's a misnomer) concusion may have long lasting effects, but if he's careful and well protected it shouldn't be a problem.
Long time motorcyle rider and ex-circle track racer, did the research on helmets after one split bouncing around the back of the truck.

PlyaPlya22
01-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Mark...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like your son is pretty resiliant.
Eric

racecar.hotshoe
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Mark...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like your son is pretty resiliant.
Eric
Thanks Eric and your right he is resiliant,Mark

Debbolas
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Glad he is home and doing better :D

topless
01-22-2007, 06:04 PM
And just in case you haven't already done so,
THROW THAT HELMET IN THE TRASH AND BUY A NEW ONE!!!!:sqeyes:
Uhmmmm they already have a new helmet for him. Once you crash in one, it's time for a new one. (even I know that)